main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CJ25 Star Wars Celebration (social thread)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Disciple-of-Tython, Apr 16, 2017.

1. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Plus Mando season 3 will be just about wrapping up and Ahsoka about to start! What a time to love Star Wars!

They just have to do an ROTJ "From A Certain Point of View". Hopefully they will announce that at SDCC or NYCC and have it released around Celebration like you say!

2. eastbayrudy

eastbayrudy Jedi Youngling

Mar 21, 2022
    Got my one and only signature from the show back yesterday! Ewan was such a cool dude!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 17, 2022
  3. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Official socials just updated to London profiles. Hopefully ticket news coming soon.

BrentC007 likes this.
  4. BrentC007

BrentC007 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Oct 6, 2002
    In some ways it's crazy to think it's almost been a month since Celebration

eastbayrudy and JonSB like this.
  5. j-jawa3

j-jawa3 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2004
    It always seems like yesterday after you've had a really good time there! That's the way the 40th Anni. Cele. felt- for the rest of the year!

eastbayrudy likes this.
  6. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    rocks in corner looking forward to next year

7. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    With the 40th anniversary of ROTJ, I need to finish my Endor trooper.

8. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    There is no way I can fit into my ERT or Endor Leia that I made for the 30th anniversary. The ERT needs a new pair of trousers, but if everything else fits it might be worth bringing it to London.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  9. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    Switched the prefix of this thread

ChrisLyne likes this.
  10. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
  11. JonSB

JonSB Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 20, 2018
    Went to STLV (Star Trek Las Vegas) last week. I bought two Photo Ops in advance but held off on buying others until I could find out if they were going to use those plastic separators or not. They announce a couple of days before the event that most of the invited guests were going to use them so that stopped me from buying 4 additional photo ops. I was happily surprised when I was in line for the main photo I wanted that the actor that did not use the shield.

From what I saw online it seems about 10-15% showed positive Covid tests after the event. The event had a mandatory mask policy while in the event and everyone that I saw was following the rules.

12. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Post show infections next year are likely going to be high if covid is still as prevalent. UK has pretty much no measures in place anymore. Some guests may chose to use plexi but beyond that there likely won't be anything in place.

JonSB likes this.
  13. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    On the other hand isn't the vaccination rates in Europe in general a lot better than in the US?

14. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Can't speak for Europe, but here in the UK they are only offering the last 2 boosters (4 and soon 5) to those classed as extremely vulnerable. Most people here only got the original 2 and then 1 booster, so their last vaccination will have been end of 2021 (maybe start of 2022).

15. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    There is a Celebration segment at the end of the Obi-Wan Kenobi: A Jedi's Return documentary on Disney+ today.

ChrisLyne and StarWarsFan1997 like this.
  16. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    Just a little convention talk. I think D23 just overtook SDCC as the premiere pop culture event.

There seemed to be way more hype about D23 over the weekend than there was during SDCC. With Star Wars, Marvel, and Fox Animation being so front and center during D23, it honestly felt more like SDCC was going on than a Disney convention. Even the show floor looked more like SDCC than anything I've seen at past D23's. In the past, it's been wall to wall DISNEY. Disney parks, Disney movies, Disney characters. But this year they had all the vendors you typically see at SDCC and other big conventions.

I didn't go, but I was looking at a lot of the coverage, and became fascinated to see how much it looked like a typical convention and didn't appear to be overly Disney-fied.

I think they purposely designed their con this year to look more like a typical nerd convention. Like they wanted to give their fanbase that kind of convention. Rather than being relegated to specifically a Disney convention. And they own so many things now, they can honestly do that, just given what they can offer now at their convention. There's no way Star Wars, Marvel, and Fox Animation go back to SDCC in the capacity that they used to. All the big announcements and reveals will come from Disney events directly.

And then with SDCC facing its own woes, with companies steadily leaving, I don't think SDCC goes back to being what it was. I don't know, I just feel like there's been a changing of the guard in terms of who will put on the main pop culture event going forward.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2022
  17. j-jawa3

j-jawa3 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2004
    I agree, I would love to attend SDCC again.

MotivateR5D4 likes this.
  18. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    I would love to do D23 one day. Definitely my kinda place and right next to the parks, heaven!

MotivateR5D4 likes this.
  19. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    What if they held D23 in Wal-Mart?

20. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    So I got married 1,5 weeks ago, and I haven't felt any rush to change my name. I have my old passport valid until February and I will travel to the Czech republic later in the month with that passport. Well my Celebration partner texted me on Sunday after the wedding telling me that he has booked our flight tickets and as he said "I assume this will be your way of writing your last name, because I just wrote it like this on the tickets". I guess that settles it then.

Thankfully he had written it the way I am planning on writing it, I'm going to add my husbands name but keep mine and no hyphens or stuff like that.
    [​IMG]
    The persons holding the ligtsabres are friends that I have met through SW and shared rooms with at Celebrations since 2005. You oly see the hand of my main travel partner though.

21. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Congratulations!

22. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    You might want to check if you need to do anything Celebration-wise because of the name change.

23. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    is waiting for CE news rocking in a corner

24. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Sinrebirth likes this.
  25. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    I congratulated you elsewhere, but congrats again!