main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CJ25 Star Wars Celebration (social thread)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Disciple-of-Tython, Apr 16, 2017.

1. Mr_Mundi

Mr_Mundi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
  2. j-jawa3

j-jawa3 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2004
    Yes, most warm congratulations!

3. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    Thank you all, and yes that is where my Celebration Anaheim budget went as well.

Amon_Amarth likes this.
  4. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    @ChrisLyne spent his Celebration budget on a roof because heaven forbid a little water get in the house...

5. StarWarsFan1997

StarWarsFan1997 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jun 22, 2005
    The Acolyte hit a milestone today with the announcement of the start of filming and primary cast announcement:

https://www.starwars.com/news/the-acolyte-original-series-cast-revealed

However, given that CE Europe is now less than six months away I’m not sure if they will have much a presence there besides maybe some BTS pictures if they do something similar to this years Showcase.

6. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    We got an Ahsoka teaser after they'd only been shooting for like three weeks.

StarWarsFan1997 likes this.
  7. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    I really hope we get to see something from Acolyte. I think a teaser isn't an unreasonable expectation but I think cast appearance may depend on where they are up to with filming. Like the Ahsoka cast came for the Mando panel but they were filming just down the road from Anaheim.

8. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    And The Acolyte is filming in *checks notes* London.

9. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Wasn't sure if it was LA or London. Guess it just depends on if they are still filming at that point (easy to get the cast) or if they have done and cast are back in the US (in which case they might just bring over Amandla Stenberg).

10. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    Considering that CE2016 had such a strong focus on Rogue One, I would love it if there is a strong focus on Andor this time.

Amon_Amarth and StarWarsFan1997 like this.
  11. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    Just FYI, they are showing the first two episodes of Andor on two major cable networks here in the US during a major holiday weekend coming up. So they're definitely trying to reach a much wider audience with the show.

12. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Just saw that on TFN Main. Hopefully they will do something similar for UK folks.

13. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    The show is amazing. It's a shame viewership isn't great and they're having to go to these tactics.

14. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Considering how well it was received, I'm sure there will be something Andor-related. And bit of a Rogue One flashback with the fan stuff - gathering at the Canary Warf station.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  15. j-jawa3

j-jawa3 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2004
    I saw a couple episodes of Anor and it was dark and spooky! it looked well made.

16. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    Due to a bit of misunderstanding I have just franticly written a presentation of the podcast me and my podcast partner we want to do on the holonet stage, apparently the deadline is tomorrow.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2022
  17. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Good luck!!

18. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    One can only hope that they liked my outline.

There were strong hints that they wanted a focus on ROTJ, so I made an outline about how we would talk about the women of ROTJ.

You also needed to present yourself and how you have contributed positively to the SW fandom, well I'm not sure if modding this forum is a positive or negative contribution.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2022
  19. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    This is definitely one of the more welcoming and civil places to discuss current Star Wars, so I'd say being a moderator here is a positive to have helped keep it that way.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  20. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Allowing @ChrisLyne to continue posting is a clear negative though.

MotivateR5D4 likes this.
  21. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    And of course when it was time to fill in the forms on the site, well the information had said to present yourself and your program in 500-1000 words but they could only fit 200. So all my thought out texts had to be really truncated. Well I can only hope that they still like them.

MotivateR5D4 and ChrisLyne like this.
  22. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    With friends like these....

23. DarkRula

DarkRula Jedi Master star 3

Feb 3, 2015
    With the new year now here, Celebration feels closer than ever. Very excited to experience it in person for the first time.

MotivateR5D4 likes this.
  24. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    And now I have a plan for my CE costume project. It's not going to be a big thing, and it's more of a fandom fashion than costume project, but I think it will be fun. Unfortunately it's January and I have no money left this month to start buying supplies.

25. Thomas Thacker

Thomas Thacker Jedi Youngling

Jan 11, 2023
    Hi
    Apologies as this is my first post here, just some questions about celebration from anyone who's been?

How early should you arrive? My ticket is 3rd party so I'm aware that I won't be able to do lotteries but will that affect guests?

Thanks