main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Earlybird spring bingo (high republic area)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by earlybird-obi-wan, Mar 25, 2023.

1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Earlybird spring bingo
    Author: Earlybird-obi-wan
    Timeframe: 258 – 236 BBY
    Character: OC's Jarin Keana, master Hano Bel Munic, healer Glenn Dugan and canon characters from the high republic time
    Genre: a series of bingo stories with moments in the life of Jarin Keana
    Disclaimer: Star Wars belongs to Lucasfilm and Lucasfilm belongs to Disney.

1. Floating Stones or not.

Bingo words: egg, colours, sacrifice, buds, butterfly

Characters:
    Sol-Bonaydara, a Serindian, junior crèche-master
    Cindy Melika, human youngling (8)
    Nadav Labaru, human youngling (7)
    Stellan Gios, human youngling (6)
    Avar Kriss, human youngling (6)
    Elzar Mann, human youngling (5)
    Jarin Keana, human youngling (5)

Floating Stones

The garden of a thousand fountains is beautiful in this time of the year. Coruscant weather control makes sure that the vegetation gets enough moisture and light, making it a spring season.

A group of six younglings, ages 4 - 8, led by crèche-master Sol-Bonaydara has entered the garden, making their way to one of the large ponds.

“See that Jarin?” Stellan Gios points at a large tree. “I was with Avar and Elzar and we managed to climb half-way before Master Yoda saw us and brought us back.”

“Be glad that he did.” Jarin Keana was impressed by the tree. “You could have been injured.”

“And who is the little healer commenting about our adventure?”

Jarin looked left to see Avar Kriss and Elzar Mann. “Me. And now we have to follow our crèche-master.”

“Figures.” Avar runs with Stellan and Elzar to catch up with crèchemaster Sol-Bonaydara who is nearing a large pond.

Cindy Melika – the oldest initiate of her group – is lingering behind when she sees a dancing butterfly going from flower to flower. She settles down on her haunches and observes.

Nadav Labaru turns and walks to her.

“Cindy, I know. That flower is beautiful with more yellow buds showing. But we have to follow master Sol-Bonaydara. He has something planned for us.”

Cindy looks up, distraction showing in her grey eyes towards the speaker. “Don't you see Nadav.”

“I sure see that flower and that butterfly with all the colours of the rainbow.” Nadav absently turns a stone with his left boot and gives it a push.

“Careful!” Cindy grabs the stone before it settles down. “That's a nest with already one egg in it.”

“Ah, we have to protect all life. I see. But follow me or ...”

“I will.” Cindy places the stone next to the nest and follows her friend.

“Cindy and Nadav, there you are.” Master Sol-Bonaydara has a big smile on his yellowish face, shaking his long yellow hair. “I was just beginning my lecture about sacrifice but I saw you protecting that egg.”

“So, another lesson?”

“Yes Stellan. Settle down near the pond, all of you.” Master Sol-Bonaydara waits until the six younglings are settled on the grass. He floats a stone from the edge of the pond and gives it a push. “Catch! Who can catch it?”

“I,” Nadav jumps up and catches the stone.

“And now? Who is next?” The crèche-master – eyes twinking with delight – floats another stone.

Stellan and Cindy both are trying to catch the stone that is floating in the air and nearing the water.

Splash

Splash

Water is floating everywhere.

Stellan and Cindy are in the pond, making waves.

“This is fun. We didn't catch the stone but.”

“Water fight.” Avar joins them.

“A great lesson master Sol-Bonaydara.” Elzar jumps high.

“No bomb Elzar.” Cindy begins to giggle.

“He is known for making bombs in the swimming-pool.” Avar laughs. “See.”

Splash.

“And you?” the crèchemaster turns to the only youngling left on the shore of the pond.

“I will stay dry. I don't want to catch a cold.” Jarin remains seated on the grass and observes his friends having fun in the water.

Mira_Jade , Vek Talis and Chyntuck like this.
  2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Nice lesson and playfulness amongst the younglings

Vek Talis and earlybird-obi-wan like this.
  3. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Thank you and here is the next bingo story featuring my OC's
    sowing, bunny, worker, leavening, berries

Collecting- and baking lessons

Bingo words sowing, bunny, worker, leavening, berries

Characters:
    Master Yoda
    Master Bazana, dorophin gardener (150)
    Kera Uizee, human master (31)
    Nadav Labaru, padawan Uizee (13)
    Sol-Bonaydara, a Serindian, (40) junior crèche-master
    Jarin Keana, human youngling (12)
    Shh-Kirr, barkanian lizard youngling (10)
    Chenbi Junno, elegin youngling (10)

Collecting- and baking lessons

“Tss-kik-Shh-Kir-ssj-kr what are you doing?”

Shh-Kirr righted himself in his full length of 2 metres and looked down with his yellow eyes to see crèche-master Sol-Bonaydara standing at the entrance of the room where furniture was stored. That the crèche-master was using his full name was odd.

“I was on my way to find my crib. Jarin and Chenbi wanted to know how I could fit into a crib when we were visiting the babies in the Thranta clan.”

“Ah I see.” Master Sol-Bonaydara entered the room and passed the three younglings to the back of the room. “You were too large to fit into a normal one. That's why we had the technical department making a special one for you. Here it is with your full name on it.”

“You knew what I was searching.” Shh-Kirr had a toothy smile exposing his sharp teeth and waved with his sharp clawed hands.

“I did when I saw you entering the room with them.” Sol-Bonaydara nodded.

“It's twice as broad as a normal one.” Jarin remarked. “Ideal for twins.”

“And for a sleeping place for master oeps...” Chenbi stopped and turned.

“Master Oeps I am not. Lessons in the childrens' farm and temple-kitchen you have youngling Junno. Tss-kik-Shh-Kir-ssj-kr, Keana, follow me. Lessons too you have.”

- - -

The childrens' farm was located in the basement of the Jedi-temple.

Master Bazana – an older Dorophin humanoid with shaggy black hair covering his entire body – was busy sowing lettuce seeds. Now he was just a worker in the farm but in his younger years – after his knighting – he had been on missions for the Jedi. He had given master Uizee and her padawan Nadav Labaru the task to feed the bunnies in the barn. He had often visitors for lessons or just coming for a talk or some delicacies from the farm. He saw the door opening to reveal youngling Shh-Kirr followed by a trio of smaller beings all with a bucket.

The last one was master Yoda and he was clearly in charge, directing Shh-kirr, Jarin Keana and Chenbi Junno to a field with bushes to collect berries.

“Master Bazana, lettuce-seeds I see.”

“The cooks in the temple-restaurants are requesting more lettuce from me. They love the taste of this species and...”

A young man with a short padawan braid emerges from the barn.

“Get that bunny back Nadav.”

“Yes master Uizee.” Nadav is jumping over ditches and bushes.

“Bunny you need.” Master Yoda has seen the little bunny coming towards his charges and waves with his left hand, lifting it in the air. “Bunny is here young Nadav. Back to the barn it can.”

“Thank you master Yoda.” Nadav catches the bunny and walks back to the barn.

- - -

Master Bazana observes the trio collecting the berries and wanders to Master Yoda. “No stew this time?”

“Stew it is not. Berry-pie we will make. Flat pie it will be because no leavening I have.”

“I heard this morning from the cooks that they are waiting for a new delivery but I have some in the shed for you if you like.”

“Appreciate they will. Berry-pie without leavening difficult to chew it will be.”

- - -

It was a trio of satisfied younglings, wiping their sleepy eyes, that was brought back by Master Yoda.

“Loved the berry-pie.”

“Did you see the floating bunny?”

“Yes, caught by the Master.”

“Sleep you need younglings. More lessons tomorrow.”

Last edited: Mar 31, 2023
    Mira_Jade and Chyntuck like this.
  4. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    Awwww, are we getting a series about younglings discovering the wonders of nature for the Spring Bingo? It just fits :D

It's always nice to see the Jedi Temple as a more relaxed setting, where life is not about Big Important Things that will change the course of history but rather as a place of learning and growing. And I just love seeing Yoda in teacher mode! It's an aspect of his character that's often underused, and you're making it great fun here.

5. Vek Talis

Vek Talis Jedi Master star 3

Oct 12, 2018
    Awww, Cindy was so cute in the first one, respectful of all life.

You do a great impression of Master Yoda. You didn't even have to name him and I knew who it was. Well done, both entries. :)

earlybird-obi-wan likes this.
  6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Yummy; much better to have berry pie than the stew [face_laugh] Fun with the bunny too.

earlybird-obi-wan and Vek Talis like this.
  7. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    It is fun to write this bingo with the day to day things happening. Yoda is already there in the time of the high republic
    He is unique in his speech and manners
    And the visit to the farm leads to more spring adventures.

Pruning or not
    Bingo words:
    Hymn, swallows, hay fever, colours, sowing
    Characters:
    Bazana, dorophin gardener (150)
    Glenn Dugan, Serindian humanoid doctor (65)
    Hano Bel Munic, human healer (43)
    Jarin Keana, human youngling (12)

Pruning or not

“Good morning master Bazana,” Jarin Keana had entered the childrens' farm and opened the door to the shed. “I lsaw you sowing seeds four months ago. Are they grown into big lettuce plants?”

“Lettuce grows fast youngling and the cooks have had their share before I had to feed the rest of the lettuce to the chickens and oh my.” Master Bazana got busy in a closet in the shed to produce pruning shears and a large bucket. “I almost forgot. I have to prune the gribbel bushes in the garden near the healers' ward. They are about to flower and one of the healers is complaining about hay fever when he goes in that garden to meditate.” He gives a smile. “He can go anyplace but no he somehow has a grudge against me and my hairy exterior. Thanks to him I cannot visit the restaurants he prefers anymore. Now I have that work cut out for me. Gribbel bushes here I come. Be very afraid of me; the flower-exterminator. By the way, care to join me?”

“I will,” Jarin takes the pruning shears.

“No need for you to carry that. I have a cart outside. And with you helping me, a second set will be helpful.” Master Bazana produces another bucket and pruning shears and walks with Jarin to the cart. The two make their way to an elevator.

“Healers' ward ground floor.” Master Bazana orders. “You have been to the healers?”

“For the usual stuff like shots and that was fun when one of the healers gave us large plastform syringes to play. But no serious things.”

“And here we are.” Master Bazana guides the cart to an entrance, revealing a garden with large trees, meadows and shrubs. “At the fifth floor is the surgery-wing. Don't end up there.” He swallows before continuing. “I have been there only once two years ago when I had an unfortunate meeting with a tree. It was old. I had to cut it and it fell down on me. I was treated by Buckets of blood.”

“You had transfusions?”

“Not al all but when I came around Torban Buck was gazing down on me and told me that he had managed to keep my blood inside during the procedure despite becoming quite irritated by my hairs. Buck is a Chagrian and quite sure of himself. They all call him Buckets of blood. And that's when he tasked me with getting rid of the gribbel bushes. Or keep them from flowering.”

“Is that the healer with the hay fever?”

“Yes, sure and here we are. Those bushes with the yellow and green colours need the pruning.”

Jarin begins and tosses the yellow buds and flowers into his bucket. He likes the work and is almost finished with the first bush when he hears the door opening.

A yellow haired and skinned human enters. “Good morning master Bazana. Orders from Bucket of blood?”

“Yes master Dugan.” Bazana stops for a moment before he reaches for the next branch.

Tjiep tjip.

Jarin sees a yellow bird flying up. But what is wrong with the bird?

It starts to fall.

“Caught you.” Jarin drops his pruning shears and holds the bird aloft with the Force before guiding it down softly in his hands and holding it.

Tjiep tjip. Tjiep tjip. The bird makes sounds. Unafraid. Knowing that the hands holding it will help.

“It is injured but not by your work.” Healer Dugan remarks. “It has been hiding in the bushes and look there is a nest with younglings and another bird guarding them. No more pruning. I will tell Torban Buck to stay away from this garden. And we have to take this bird to the healers before it can be released again.”

“I will guard the bush with the younglings and mother. Go Jarin. I will wait for you return.”

- - -

“Guess what master Bazana.” Jarin enters the garden with the bird perched on his shoulder.

“What youngling? A big smile on your face and a healed bird that's not the only thing I think.”

“I went with master Dugan to the healers' ward and I met my master.” Jarin is smiling. “Master Bel Munic is from Corellia like me. He asked me to become his padawan. He saw how I had treated the bird. A little bit of Force use and it was ready to go. And he told me that it is a Corellian yellow warbler that he had taken from Corellia to populate this garden. During the spring season they have a beautiful hymn before they meet their partner and during the raising of their young.”

Tjiep tjip.

The bird perched on Jarin's shoulder flies up and towards the gribbel bush warbling a beautiful tune, a song.

“It's home and no more pruning.” Master Bazana collects the gear. “I will bring this back and you have an appointment with your master. The ceremony making you a padawan is beautiful. You will see Jarin. Go and see you again.”

“And no more buckets of blood in this garden. Master Dugan has ordered him to stay away and meditate in another garden.” Jarin walks away. First to his new master and after that a visit to crèchemaster Sol Bonaydara to collect his belongings.

8. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    Torban Buck, a.k.a. Buckets of blood, the Chagrian healer with hay fever [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

It was nice to see how this impromptu lesson in gardening resulted in Jarin finding a master to take him on as a padawan! He certainly displayed respect for all life when he caught the wounded bird instead of continuing his pruning, and apparently he has a natural talent for healing as well. Let's see where all this takes him.

Vek Talis and earlybird-obi-wan like this.
  9. Vek Talis

Oct 12, 2018
    Very delightful @earlybird-obi-wan Loved the new padawan helping the bird. Excellent Springo challenge response. :D

10. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    It will take him here....
    With more Spring fun to come

The bingo-words are: bonfire, candle, hay fever, bees, kites

And a baby makes five

Hano Bel Munic human healer (50)
    Jarin Keana, human padawan (20)
    Glenn Dugan, Serindian doctor, (72)
    Barbara Itsko, Elegin doctor (112)
    Master Bazana, Dorophin gardener (158)
    Chenbi Junno, human padawan (18)
    Master Uizee, human Jedi-knight (40)
    Nadav Labaru, human padawan (21)
    Wren Ronius, elegin (1)

And a baby makes five

“It's great to be back.” Jarin Keana hurries to the balcony of the apartment he shares with his master Hano Bel Munic. A jump and he is in the garden.

“Jarin, I know. You want to see if the Corellian yellow warbler has a nest. We have seen them during our hikes in the wilderness near Coronet city and in the gardens of the Coronet city university hospital during our breaks.”

“It has and it is in the gribbel bush I had to prune because of Torban Buck's hay fever all those years ago when I met you treating that bird. Maybe it is the same bird.” He reaches out, careful to avoid disturbing the bees buzzing the flowers.

A tentative tjiep tjip.

Beep pee, beep pee. That sound comes from the balcony.

“Jarin. Work and it's urgent. I know. Yes, our shift began when we entered the hangar.”

“Bye birds and bees.” Jarin jumps back over the balcony and hurries with his master to the elevator that will bring them to the fifth floor of the healers' ward.

“I paged you.” healer Barbara Itsko is at the entrance. Two master padawan teams are inbound. Master Uizee has declared an emergency. Their transport is having trouble. I have ordered the droids to ready OT 1 and Glenn Dugan is there to assist you and already in the changing-room.”

“We will get our scrubs.” Hano walks with Jarin towards the changing room.

“Two teams, that can mean four beings needing treatment.” Jarin doffs his clothes in one of the changing cubicles and enters the shower.

“Or just one, treated by the three. We will see Jarin. Master Uizee is known for exaggerating events. And her padawan Labaru...”

“I know. He is known for making diasters. During the celebration of the solstice he had lit a candle and that turned into a big bonfire when one of the kites, flown by one of the younglings passed that candle.” That comes from a third changing cubicle.

“Yes Glenn. We had to treat various burn injuries.”

“Festivities and fire are a bad combination.”

“Yes Jarin. We met your old uncle Sam and he told us all.”

“By the way how was your stay in Coronet city?”

“Great. I met my family and saw my old teacher. And we visited Jarin's uncle.”

“Yes he told me about the death of my parents during the celebrations of new years eve. They were fire-fighters and died. Uncle Sam couldn't care for me and heard from one of the doctors in the hospital that I could become a Jedi. He brought me to the Jedi and you know. Corellians are like magnets. I became Hano's padawan.”

“Easy, easy, there is no need to hurry.”

“Yes Barbara?” Jarin is the first to come out of his changing cubicle, clad in green scrubs.

“There are five people waiting for you in Hano's treatment room.”

“Five people?” Hano donning his clogs walks to the door of the changing room where Barbara is waiting. “Two master padawan teams is four people.”

“Yes but you will see. The fifth man needs the treatment.”

“Come Jarin.” Hano heads to his treatment room with the large number 7 on it.

Jarin and Barbara follow.

The door is closed but voices can be heard.

“He sure is dirty.”

Wheeee.

“Not your hairy hands Bazana.”

Wheee.

“Sorry. I know he doesn't like my hairy appearance.”

“You know how to change a diaper Chenbi and you too Nadav. They have shown us at the orphanage.”

Hano opens the door and doubles over with laughter. “Two teams treating a baby, is that the emergency?”

“Uh yes.” Master Bazana looks up from the treatment-table. “Meet our new youngling, an Elegin with a name given by Master Yoda when we...”

“landed our damaged transport thanks to some spittle and bandaids used by Nadav and me to hold it together.” Chenbi Junno continues. “And that's...”

“Master Bazana, padawan Junno,” Master Uizee has finished wrapping the diaper and lifts the boy from the table, turning to Bel Munic and Jarin. “This is our new youngling Wren Ronius and you two can examine him before we bring him to the crèche.”

“Elegin boy.” Hano activates his viewscreen to get data about Elegins. “Just some general examination and he will be ready to go. Gloves Jarin and just feel. Remember what I taught you in the hospital in Coronet city.”

Jarin dons his gloves and takes the young boy in his hands. “Elegin, a one year old, still needing a diaper but that's to be expected.” He feels a little hand reaching out to the pockets on his scrubs. “And a sneaky boy. See. He has got my spare set of gloves.” He gives the boy back to master Uizee. “He is healthy and can keep the gloves to have fun with the crèche master. The fifth man can leave.”

“And we can begin our shift, entering his data.” Hano takes a datadisk from master Bazana.

11. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    [face_rofl] Two Jedi Masters and their padawans summon a doctor and another Jedi Master plus his padawan to... change a diaper. I guess it's lucky all this happens in the privacy of the Temple, because no parent in the galaxy would surrender their kid to the Jedi if they could see it.

Nice to see Jarin growing up – and the little birdie is still around! [face_love]

12. Vek Talis

Oct 12, 2018
    Fun to see Jarin growing, as @Chyntuck said. And still loving the animals, and the useless Jedi with a baby. :p Another excellent Springo response! =D=

13. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    And the bird will be trouble in the next part
    Jedi have never been parents or allowed to love except for....

Love birds

Jarin Keana, human padawan 22
    Hano Bel Munic human healer 52
    Stellan Gios, human 22
    Avar Kriss, human 22
    Elzar Mann, human 22

Bingo words: procession, thaw, love, swallows, equinox

Love birds

“That was a long shift.” Jarin Keana follows his master Bel Munic towards the elevator that will take them to the apartments for the healers. “A walk in the garden of the healers' ward?”

“After a shower, clean clothes and a dinner in one of the restaurants we can go to the garden of a thousand fountains. We had a long shift but there is something I have to show you in that garden.”

“Surprise me. Healers' apartments.” Jarin orders the elevator to go to the ground floor.

- - -

One hour later Hano and Jarin are at the entrance of the garden of a thousand fountains.

They enter.

Hano Bel Munic settles down on a bench near a heap of old leaves.

Jarin joins him and is the first to hear it.

Swiiiee swieee.

Swallows master. They are hunting for insects to feed their young.”

“That was what I wanted you to see. And look, there is a nest. Ages ago they have become residents of this garden and they are still following the natural rhytm. Thaw of mud is their sign to build a nest. Lay eggs. Feed the young. Get your young leaving the nest before the equinox.”

“Hano.” Jarin jumps up. “We have taken the wrong place to sit. Look a procession of ants is marching up your left boot.”

“No need to disturb the ants. We will leave. We can sit there near that large tree.” Hano walks to another bench and is joined by Jarin.

The two sit silently for some time, listening to the song of the swallows.

Swiiiee swieee. Swiiiee swieee.

A sound of swishing garments. It comes from behind the tree.

Hano gets a smile on his face and nods to Jarin with a finger before his lips.

“A song so beautiful. It is as I hear the Force singing in you Elzar.”

“An ocean of love, present in me for you to enjoy. Oh Avar.”

“You picked the right place on this evening.”

“The song of the swallow. Look they are making love in the air.”

“And we can. Despite what our friend Stellan says.”

“To be a Jedi is to be all about love.”

Jarin listens and is unable to stay silent anymore. “Hey Hano, what's this?”

“Jarin not so loud.”

“More Corellian Jedi here?”

“Maybe. And if so they are allowed to fall in love. You have seen them when we were studying in Coronet city. You have met my parents. They are the Corellian Jedi who taught me. The teachers in the University taught me about healing. I was 25 when I decided to go to the Jeditemple.”

“And I am a Corellian Jedi. Yes. No rules of non attachment for me.”

“After becoming a Jedi-knight you can have your tours of duty here and on Corellia.”

“Sounds great. And maybe I will meet someone to love and mary.”

“Let's go Avar. There are Corellians listening to us.”

“And they don't care about the rules. Corellians huh.”

Splash.

“And that bird is interfering with us too. Now you have bird-droppings on your shoulder.”

“Time to go and clean up before we have that meeting with Stellan.”

Splash.

“Eech.” Jarin wipes through his hair. “That bird up there sure doesn't like Jedi sitting here.”

“Come, let's go back. Another shower will take care of that.”

“And the love birds can stay and do their thing.” Jarin looks up to see the swallows hunting again.

Splash

“Love birds?” Hano grabs his left shoulder. “Poodoo birds.”

14. Vek Talis

Oct 12, 2018
    [face_rofl][face_rofl][face_rofl] Sounds like some Jedi are really full of poodoo. Those poor birds, interrupted by all those gaping Jedi they just wanted to be alone to have some bird sex. Nothing wrong with that.

Another great Springo challenge, @earlybird-obi-wan =D=

15. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    Just like with devilinthedetails's Spring Bingo story, I stopped reading as soon as I saw that you were featuring major canon characters, since I haven't read the High Republic stuff yet and I managed to remain mostly unspoiled so far. I'm planning to read the lot soon, so you can expect a return visit from me [:D]

16. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    and it was the next part in the saga of Jarin. The next one is about his knighting
    The major canon characters are just background. All I know about them comes from the Wookipedia. The stories are about my OC's

Bingo words: awakening, migration, red & white yarn, breeze, hymn

Knighting

An ornate decorated corridor with gleaming columns, marble floors and natural stone benches crafted from stone imported from all over the galaxy. A door next to a bench was slightly ajar.

A great double door with engravings showing the history of the Jedi-knights was closed. On a bench near that door was a young man, a padawan by the looks of his long braid. He is Jarin Keana and he is gazing at that door.

Jarin fingered the red & white yarn that held the tuft of hair that had once belonged to his master's braid connected to his own braid. The braid had grown. Beads interwoven with the hair are signs of his education. A white bead; with his master on a mission to Serenno to give aid he had met a Count Dooku and his son donating a large amount of credits to help building a new hospital. A blue bead, recently added, indicated that he has passed the exams to become a fully qualified surgeon. The braid will be gone soon. His beloved master Hano Bel Munic had told him yesterday, coming to him the garden of a thousand fountains, knowing where to find him after a difficult procedure. His thoughts wandered to that moment.

He had been sitting on a bench near one of the ponds, enjoying the soft cool breeze caressing his skin, observing the awakening of a frog starting his hymn to impress the female, still hiding under a big leaf.

“All living creatures are loved by you.” his master had said. “You observe them, help them. Even those ants we encountered years ago in that heap. We went away and their migration was undisturbed. You are following the path of the Corellian Jedi. You will be a Jedi-knight tomorrow. Report to the hall of knighting. Meditate this evening and reflect. I will see you tomorrow.”

“Safe it is. Stored in the vault the holocron is.”

Jarin heard a well known voice coming from the open door. 'Master Yoda getting ready for my ceremony?'

“It is and we could solve the case with chief Gulian becoming the hero. But she lost her devious officer Engaron.”

“This officer Engaron. You sensed he was of my species Avar?”

“Yes master Fay. He was using his shields to keep him from harm from the holocron. For him it was scary. It could have harmed him if he had kept it as evidence.”

“And for us it was scary too. A holocron forged by the dark. I was able to get it from him. He is a man attuned to the light and could have been a Jedi-knight if we had found him.”

“Yes Stellan. I was able to catch the bag with the holocron and had to use water of the ocean turned into a layer of air to shield my hands.”

“Elzar I helped you with my song of water.”

“Yes Avar and officer Engaron was hurting. He had many dead midichlorians

“From Moniron he must be.”

“He was older than he has told his chief and she fired him. Officer Engaron was gone when she returned to help us and solve the murder.”

“I hope he will be safe somewhere. He is a being of light. No harm in him at all. We have work to do.”

“Yes, writing a report about the incident. Come Stellan. The three of us will have it ready soon.”

“Ceremony I have.”

“A knighting ceremony?”

“Insight serves you Master Fay. Knighting ceremony it is. Work you have.”

“I know. My transport is waiting.”

“May the Force be with you Master Fay.”

Tip tap tip tap.

Jarin watched and saw the door opening to reveal Master Yoda.

“Ready you are padawan Keana. Follow me.”

Jarin followed Master Yoda to the now opening double doors and was awed when he entered the hall.

Masters, council-members, friends. All were waiting for him.

“We are all Jedi. The Force speaks through us. Through our actions, the Force proclaims itself and what is real. Today we are here to acknowledge what the Force has proclaimed. We are ready Jarin Keana”

“Padawan Jarin Keana begin you can,” Master Yoda ignited his lightsaber and held it aloft.

Hano Bel Munic followed with his green lightsaber.

Jarin began
    There is no emotion; there is peace.
    There is no ignorance; there is knowledge.
    There is no passion; there is serenity.
    There is no death; there is the Force

Jedi are the guardians of peace in the galaxy.
    Jedi use their powers to defend and protect, never to attack others.
    Jedi respect all life, in any form.
    Jedi serve others rather than ruling over them, for the good of the galaxy.
    Jedi seek to improve themselves through knowledge and training.

Hano continued:
    Jedihealers help injured beings in the galaxy.
    Jedihealers use their powers to cure, never to kill others.
    Jedihealers respect all life, in any form.
    Jedihealers help enemies and friends.

Almost ten years ago I gave a part of myself to you as symbol of our bond to one another. My Padawan braid joined the beginning of yours as a symbol of the continuity of life within the Force and life within our Order. I secured our bond and braided your hair, tying it with the tuft of red & white yarn

White like the life and light
    That is the Force
    The living Force
    That guides us

You became my apprentice.
    Now it is time to raise you to knighthood.
    Jarin Keana. Padawan, by the right of the Council, by the will of the Force, I dub thee, Jedi Jarin Keana Knight of the Republic, Corellian Jedi," Hano said with pride showing in his voice and he touched with the tip of his lightsaber very lightly the braid severing it and catching it.

Ten masters bowed and said with one voice “Jedi Knight Jarin Keana welcome. May the Force guide you on your path.”

Jarin accepted the severed braid from his master, his friend. And he was looking forward for what was to follow. A party with his friends.

Chyntuck, Mira_Jade and Vek Talis like this.
  17. Vek Talis

Oct 12, 2018
    Uh-oh, is that Master Yoda I hear approaching?[face_mischief]

I loved how you added the Jedi Code and all the mantras. Another wonderful challenge response. :)

18. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    I love how you have so many scenes of these stories taking place in the Garden of a Thousand Fountains. There aren't many places on Coruscant where one can really experience the coming of spring, but this is one of them.

I went back to read Love Birds and “Poodoo birds” had me in stitches. I found it interesting how you developed the difference between 'regular' Jedi and Corellian Jedi here; I imagine this is going to play a significant role in Jarin's journey.

And he was finally knighted in Knighting! Beautiful ceremony there, and I loved the sweet touch with the master/padawan braids. At the same time, there are clearly some ominous goings-on in the temple, and that doesn't bode well.

19. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    It was used by my Jedi-healers and thank you.
    The next story is the big one with all the prompts.
    Thank you for this great Bingo. The ominous goings-on will continue in the big post with all the prompts

Here is:
    An emergency?

A tranquil scene at the top of the great Jedi-temple. Five spires are cast in the soft orange glow of the rising Coruscant sun. One of the gardens on the vast expanse has it's roof opened to let the sun in. A door to that garden opens to reveal two humans, one with a long padawan braid and the other clearly showing where his braid and tail has been. They tiptoe into the garden towards a big sleeping figure.

A ray catches that figure. Three meter long, spikes across his spine and ending in a sharp spiked tail. Scales are covering his entire body and sharp clawed hands and feet. A loincloth and a belt with a lightsaber and utilities like a comlink are the only thing that identifies him as a being belonging to the Jedi-knights. It is Shh-kirr, the recently knighted Barkanian lizard, still showing the paint on the scales on his head. No longer growing braid for him to indicate his progress, but painted scales and a spike, showing where the white braid had been attached when he started his apprentice-ship.

A claw stretches. A tail swishes and topples a table. A burned down candle and a bowl roll to the remains of a bonfire, embers still smouldering.

“Shh-kirr is in the proces of awakening.” Jarin Keana settles down at a safe distance. He knows from experience what a Barkanian lizard can do when roused too quickly.

“We sure had fun after his knighting ceremony. He invited us to come to this garden and you brought that tray with Corellian ale.” Chenbi Junno catches a red & white yarn, still attached to a kite that is lodged in the spikes on Shh-kirr's back.

“We were flying kites of all colours.” Jarin indicates the sun playing on the leaves of a big tree. “Besides the celebration of his knighting it became a celebration of the spring equinox.”

“And he fell asleep here after that last can of ale.” Chenbi kicked at an empty can.

It rattled and collided with a heap of cans.

“Oeehaawwwaa.” Shh-kirr opens his beak revealing the sharp teeth. A yellow eye opens. Followed by the second eye. “Hi guys. Seeing how I am doing?”

“I got concerned when you didn't show up in the restaurant.” Chenbi smiles. “Raw nerf-strips were on the counter. And the master cook was complaining again that he had no leavening to make edible bread. But he had my favorite and that's egg with a twist.”

“Egg with a twist eech.” Shh-kirr got up to his feet and towers above Jarin and Chenbi. “Never liked that cooked egg with vegetables. And don't mention it. My head is now spinning.”

“Spinning? Too much Corellian ale?”

“Maybe. But he brought it. Jarin got it from his Corellian friends.” Shh-kirr grumbles and kicks at the heap of empty ale-cans and gives another 'ooohaaaah' when the exertion has him holding his stomach.

“You should go with me to the healers after we clean this up.” Jarin begins to collect the trash in a bag.

Shh-kirr settles down and just watches his friends. Chenbi, the Elegin human and still a padawan and Jarin Keana, Corellian Jedi and ER-surgeon.

“Careful Chenbi. There is a procession of ants liking ale remains.”

“Just emptying the remains and there they go; a migration after the ale-trail.” Chenbi doubles over with laughter when he sees the ants following the drops of ale.

'Ooohhaaahhh.'

“Shh-kirr. Let's go. You need specialized care for that.”

“Jarin, the best way to treat my innards is to go to the childrens' farm.” Shh-Kirr bows his head down to be level with Jarin and Chenbi. “You done?”

Jarin has put down his trash-bag. “We are done yes and childrens' farm why?”

“Master Bazana will have raw meat and eggs somewhere in his fridge. An old nerf was put down by him just over a week ago.”

“Alright, childrens' farm it is. Lead the way Shh-kirr.” Chenbi heads to the door and was overtaken by Shh-Kirr and Jarin Keana.

- - -

Another tranquil place is the garden with the childrens' farm on one of the basement levels of the Jedi-temple. The gardener – Dorophin humanoid Master Bazana – an older Jediknight who has been on many missions – is tending to the animals and plants growing there.

A soft artificial breeze ruffles through his shaggy hair that covers almost all of his head, arms, leggs and body. He is listening, a smile on his face. The hymn of the swallows is in harmony with that of one of his red roosters. A rooster that had no objection when the swallows began to build their clay and mud nest under the roof of the large barn.

“Hey little guy.” Master Bazana sees a butterfly competing with a bee on one of the roses.” There is nectar for everyone.” And with more bees arriving at the same rose he begins to humm softly, directing them to another bush with buds and flowers clearly showing an abundance of nectar when the door opens to reveal Shh-kirr, Jarin and Chenbi.

The big lizard starts down a meadow towards the office, brushing past a bush with red leaves.

“Carefull Shh-kirr.” Master Bazana rushes after the lizard. “I have been sowing lettuce for our big bunny. She will have little bunnies soon. And there are still berries from the winter-thorn that are usefull.”

“You know what he is after?” Jarin catches up with Master Bazana.

“Sure but before he can eat the nerf-meat has to thaw.” Master Bazana slows down when he sees that Shh-kiir was careful and had avoided the lettuce and winter-thorn before entering the office. “And that will take time. He knows and for you two. I have some berrie-pie from yesterday in my office.”

“Yummy.” Chenbi smiles.

“What a treat.” Jarin agrees. “Shh-kirr's upset stomach leads to something nice for us. Let's go.”

Master Bazana enters his office with the two, opens a cupboard and has the berrie-pie out. “This way. You can sit there. And Shh-kiir. You have to wait for the nerf-meat to thaw.”

“I know master Bazana. I have placed it in the sink and I have found the eggs already.” He has one egg floating in the air before it enters his mouth. A crunch. A tongue coming out and in. “Delicious.”

“Eech. Raw eggs with all the crunchy parts.” Chenbi makes a face before getting a plate with berrie-pie.

“Look at that.” Jarin walks with his plate with berrie-pie to the couch and settles down in front of the holoscreen. “That's Master Gios and with him are Masters Kriss and Mann.”

“Crunch.”

“Sit down and enjoy the treats.” Master Bazana comes with a third plate with the rest of the berrie-pie and places that on the table before the couch. “It is a news-reel from Boreas. I have seen it yesterday and it is on repeat. I became interested when the Jedi were involved.”

“Crunch.”

“Your last egg or do you need more?” Master Bazana asks.

“This will do for the moment.” Shh-kirr settles down on the floor, tail around his body.

This is BNS with our daily show Baudol investigates. Our chief reporter Baudol was at the museum of modern art when chief Gulian of Boreas-city police station 1 arrived. Our reporter had seen the arrival of the Jedi-transport, got involved and could follow her during the actions. Now he is here at the station. Baudol, the show is yours.”
    This is Baudol investigates with breaking news. Chief Gulian, here with her colleagues and me in the main hall of the station, was instrumental in solving the brutal murder of Donny B. Arresting RT with the help of Jedi-knight Gios and retrieving the valuable painting 'Sons of the city' by our top rating artist Kardian had her coming to the station with me. Chief Gulian what had you requesting the help from the Jedi-knights?”
    I didn't request their help. I was called by dispatch about a situation in the museum of modern art and responded with inspector Engaron accompanying me.”
    Can I speak to inspector Engaron too?”
    I have told you already Terry. He has left Boreas after I fired him.”
    You did but that will be in the next part of the show. Stay tuned. All of you will want to know why our nice chief of police Martha Gulian fired Tarhin Engaron, a man of dubious reputation. Stay tuned.”

“Engaron, that's the name I heard when I was waiting to enter the great hall.” Jarin remarks.

“I heard it too when Elzar Mann and Avar Kriss came with a holocron to store it in the vault.” Shh-kirr lifts his head. “Master Grando was quite impressed by the find.”

“An exhibit in a museum.” Master Bazana grumbles. “Be glad that the Jedi found it. And here is more on the show.”

“Now I will know how they found it.” Shh-kirr bares his teeth.

You fired him? We were busy with the surprise party for him.”
    Colleagues don't know yet why this devious Engaron character is missing. Chief Gulian!”
    You will see why.”
    Why did you fire him? Tarhin was a sweet man bringing pastries to celebrate his 5th year.”
    Miss Laverne.”
    Yes tell the audience chief Gulian what really happened after you responded to the call that could have ended in disaster for the entire police-station.”
    We were told at the entrance that the coroner was on scene in the second hall and that the security-cams could reveal the murderer. We rushed to the second hall. Jedi-knights Elzar Mann, Avar Kriss and Stellan Gios came soon after we arrived at the murder-scene because they had seen a picture of a holocron in the museum-catalog. Former officer Engaron was detrimental to the investigation. He had the holocron in a bag and refused to give it to the Jedi-knights, stating that it was evidence for us.”
    Keeping it in his possession could have endangered us all. And the three Jedi-knights revealed that he was an impostor, a man with dangerous powers. I had to get rid of him.”
    Any comment?”
    Tarhin was nice and good looking. Dangerous pow...”
    Miss Laverne!”
    I give the word to Jedi-knight Gios after this.”

“All those commercials.” Jarin smiles. “Can you fast forward them?”

“Sure, impatient youngling.” Master Bazana handles the remote. “Yes here we are.”

Here he is with us Jedi-knight Stellan Gios and his lovely lovebird colleagues Avar Kriss and Elzar Mann. Tell us what happened.”
    The holocron could have seduced him to the dark side of the Force. Engaron is a Dunai elder with powers of the light side of the Force. He could have been putting his colleagues in danger. I had to use my powers to get the holocron away from him. Elzar caught the bag with the holocron after I began to use the Force breaking the string. Elzar had to dive deep into the ocean of the Force to keep him from harm.”
    Dangerous indeed. Even the Jedi-knights here with us were aware of the danger. Tell me Jedi-knight Kriss.”
    It was singing a song of dark seducing words to me. I helped Elzar with a song of water to secure the holcron in our safe.”
    That song helped me to isolate the holocron from my hands.”
    Your colleagues are saved from harm. You were right to give it to the Jedi-knights chief Gulian. You saved the day and your colleagues.”
    Jedi-knight Elzar Mann was able to secure the holocron and could identify the murderer with ease. Our CSI-team provided the extra evidence.”
    You can tell me more but first the break. Stay tuned to BNS I will be coming back to you with more news about the murder after the best young singer-contest show, This is BNS reporting from Boreas city.”

“Now I want to know how it ended.” Shh-kirr smiles. “Fast forward again Master Bazana. A young singer-contest show will be able to chase the mice away. It's horrible.”

“At your orders big lizard.” Master Bazana grabs the remote with a big smile on his face. “I am not afraid of you at all.”

“And this pie was delicious.” Chenbi put his empty plate down on the table.

“You can have more.” Master Bazana is busy with the remote.

“Yes but first this.” Chenbi relaxes on the couch.

A case solved by our police force, helped by three Jedi-knights. But one more thing. Chief Gulian tell me what you did with Engaron after you fired him.”
    I helped him to get his personal belongings in a bag, had him remove his uniform and dressed in civilian garb, told him that I would sell his meari and drove him to the airport. He didn't say a word. No apologies for his behavior, nothing. He was silent when I got him a ticket for a luxurious transport and he just left.”
    Can you reveal the destiny of the transport?”
    No I didn't follow him to the transport. But the first stop was for food, fish I think.”
    And that folks with Engaron becoming fish-food or lost in a transport was the end of our show.”

“Was that all?”

Beep pi beep pi

“That's my pager. I have to go back to the healers' ward.” Jarin places the plate with the unfinished berrie-pie down. “I will finish this after the emergency.” He jumps up and hurries to the exit of the shed, the garden and towards an elevator that whisks him with one command 'Surgery wing healers' ward' to his destination.

Healer Glenn Dugan is at the entrance. “It is not our shift but the droids paged us because our colleagues are busy with a procedure in OT 2. Let's see after we have changed in scrubs. A 2-1B brought a stretcher with an injured initiate to the prep-room of OT 1.”

“What happened?” Jarin heads with Glenn to the changing room and enters one of the unoccupied changing cubicles.

The one next to him is taken by Glenn who begins “I got this information from the receptionist. Sian Holt, a private investigator owning a fast ship declared an emergency when she entered Coruscant space and requested a direct vector to the Jedi-temple. She was denied to proceed to the Jedi-temple but Jedi-knights Emerick Caphtor and Qort overruled command. They were with her and had younglings aboard, rescued from Starlight Beacon after an attack by the Nihil pirates.”

“So there are more to come?” Jarin is in the shower.

“I know that Master Yoda has been teaching younglings on the station but he has returned weeks ago. Torban Buck...”

“One of our seniors. Yes the often troublesome Chagrian, always wanting this and that and having arguments about a procedure.” Jarin is toweling himself dry. “I still see his smile when he told us about his new mission and pointed at the Gribbel bushes in the garden saying 'No more meeting with them and their hay fever mayhem flowers.' Curious. He never went into that garden again after Master Bazana and I had shown him that there was a bird nesting in those bushes.”

“That's Buckets of blood. A hard worker. He had a great love for action and opted to stay because he wanted to show the younglings the basic of first aid in the same way as he had shown the padawans. He paid with the ultimate sacrifice. Maybe he sensed his end when he pointed at those bushes. He gave his life ordering Capthor and Qort to flee with the younglings aboard Holt's ship, the fastest one available.” Glenn had donned his green scrubs and is washing his hands. “You ready?”

“Yes,” Jarin is in blue scrubs, walks to the sink and begins to wash his hands. He was almost ready when the door to the prep-room opened to reveal one of the 2-1B's.

“Patient species Cathar. Female. 10 standard years. BP 130 over 85. Ox flow standard...”

“Yes, yes,” Jarin interrups. “And what is wrong with her.” He walks past the 2-1B and accepts blue gloves from one of the nurse-droids before he halts before the stretcher to see the feline humanoid with a few scorched hairs and dirt on her face making softly meowing sounds and trying to move her limbs. “Hey young one. I am Jarin Keana and you are?”

The feline opens her green eyes showing the vertical pupils dilating and closing. “Uh.”

“I am not going to hurt you and he neither.” Jarin sees Glenn joining him at the other side of the stretcher. “You are safe here back in the Jedi-temple and we healers don't hurt you. Just tell me your name.”

“Uh Irina Wrens.”

“And you don't want to be here at all, strapped to that stretcher.” Jarin began to release the straps and helped her to sit up. “Some scorched hair and dirt that needs to be removed and that's all Tin can.”

“Burns recorded. Stretcher used.”

“Yeah yeah.” Glenn Dugan begins to laugh. “Standard procedures for our Tin can. You can get her to her friends Tin Can. A shower is all she needs and some love and care from her crèche master.”

“Go Irina.” Jarin helps her from the stretcher. “You don't need us to 'torture' you. Tin can will take you back. And tell me before you take her. Are there more coming?”

“Processing, processing. No.”

“Get moving Tin can.” Jarin slaps the droid on his dome.

“Thank you masters healers.” Irina shook hands with Glenn and Jarin and followed the 2-1B.

“Now I can finish my berrie-pie.” Jarin removed his blue gloves and tossed them in the trash-bin. “And if you want; Master Bazana has more left.”

“I like that. Our shift will begin in one hour. To the childrens' farm.” Glenn sees Jarin headed to the changing room. “No need for that. We can go in our scrubs.”

- - -

Glenn and Jarin entered the garden and were at the office door when a screeching sound began to filter through that door.

“Trouble?” Glenn opens the door.

“No not at all.” Jarin is doubled over with laughter when he sees Shh-kirr on the floor and Chenbi Junno and Master Bazana on the couch, oblivious to the sound of the young singer-contest show from Boreas and adding zzzz's to that mayhem. “They forgot to turn off the holoscreen. And now the mice will be chased away.”

“Mice?” Glenn reaches for the remote.

“Shh-kirr told me that a singer-contest show will do that. And do you like that screeching of young beings pushed by their mothers, fathers or whatever?”

“No, not at all.” Glenn had the holoscreen turned off. “And your berrie-pie is still there.”

“Hi healer Dugan, Jarin.” Master Bazana stretches and sits up, fully alert in a instant. “There's pie for you too. Chenbi is still sleeping I see.”

“Ooohhaaahhh.” Shh-kirr stretches to his full length almost toppling the table with his tail.

“Got it.” Jarin is able to catch his plate with the pie.

“And mine.” Glenn has the last plate in his hands.

“And his meat is thawed.” Master Bazana stood up and walked with Shh-kirr to the sink.

“This is great.” Shh-kirr patted his belly after finishing his raw nerf-meat. “The ale is neutralized. I am cured and don't have to visit your healers' ward Jarin.”

“I see and my emergency wasn't an emergency at all.” Jarin had finished his berrie-pie.

“Just a too eager 2-1B but now we have to begin our shift.” Glenn is ready. “With real emergencies?”

“That's the life of a healer.”

FIN

Chyntuck likes this.
  20. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Return to Corellia

Author: Earlybird-obi-wan
    Timeframe: 235 BBY
    Character paring: Jarin Keana, Elsi Keana,
    Genre: Spring bingo. Using the words: Procession, Thaw, Love, Swallows, Equinox

Disclaimer: Star Wars belongs to Lucasfilm and Lucasfilm belongs to Disney.

Return to Corellia

It had been almost two years since he had said 'see you again' to Elsi Bel Innis, the girl he loved when he departed the Coronet city university hospital to go back to the space-port to catch his transport with his best friend Chenbi Junno to tell his former master Hano Bel Munic that he had the teaching job at the university.

Hano had been delighted to hear that. The old folks home in the Jedi-temple was a great big no for him. Teaching and being among his former friends was what he liked and he had returned to Corellia 24 days, 12 hours, 15 minutes and 23 seconds after Chenbi had persuaded him to go. That was what Chenbi told Jarin when he saw Hano Bel Munic leaving in the transport bound for Corellia after the ceremony to wish him all the best in his new job.

Yes, Jarin had to finish his work in the healers' ward of the Jedi-temple after he had visited Master Yoda and telling him about his love for the Corellian girl. 'Work you have, more to learn you have. Ready you will be when you will feel.'

He had been ready when he felt that he had contributed a new method of caring for broken bones to the healers' ward after studying this method during a congres given at the Coruscant med centre.

And he had asked his best friend Chenbi to be his best man. 'Hano will be the other witness. I have asked him when he departed after that large party for him during the equinox.

He saw the procession of his friends and new colleagues coming from the great auditorium of the Coronet city university hospital towards the gazebo in the garden. They were there for him. He was now with Chenbi and Hano waiting for the official and he was getting a bit worried. The statue of a Corellian hawk that was carved by an artist in ice was starting to thaw. And that hawk was carrying the rings in a pouch suspended from its beak.

Elsi had been arguing about the statue. It was the idea of her parents.

He had agreed. But now he had to act and gave a subtle hint to Chenbi. 'Some frivolous use of the Force my friend?'

Hano began to smile. He knew what their plan was. He was sitting in a hover chair and looking at a pair of swallows flying this and that way to catch their prey. 'Three guys using the Force will have to do.'

'Or two.' Chenbi voiced when he saw the official with Elsi and her parents coming forward. 'Be ready Jarin.'

He was ready and could just wait to speak the vows before grabbing the pouch, now suspended by Chenbi and supported by Hano. He opened the pouch and gave one ring to Elsi. Rings were given and the bond was official.

Now he could kiss Elsi and it became a long one.

His friends were cheering.

And in the Force he heard. 'Corellian Jedi you are. Right moment to leave us.'

Chyntuck likes this.
  21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Wonderful conclusion as Jaren and Elsi are bonded. :)

22. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    I'm back! Sorry for falling behind.

The post-knighting hangover in An Emergency was the best thing ever. Who knew that Jedi celebrated their knighting with an overdose of Corellian ale, and then wiped that off with raw meat and eggs? [face_laugh]

And now, Jarin is back on Corellia as a full-fledged Corellian Jedi, complete with wife and all, which is good – but what's up with Engaron and that dark holocron? Somehow I sense that the darkness hasn't gone completely away.

Congrats on coming up with so many entries for the challenge! I'm so happy you found the prompts inspiring, and you built a whole world around them =D==D=