main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Investigators 2023 Summer Olympics Pentathlon

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by earlybird-obi-wan, May 31, 2023.

1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Investigators
    Author: Earlybird-obi-wan
    Timeframe: 7 ABY
    Characters: Tony and Kevin Keana
    Genre:challenge

Disclaimer: Star Wars belongs to Lucasfilm and Lucasfilm belongs to Disney.

Cast of main characters.

Rostek Horn human (86)
    Tony Keana human (61)
    Kevin Keana human (26)

Index of entries

1. Single Sentence Shot Put: A story told in a single sentence about your character, family, friendship or couple.

2. Equestrian Cross-Country: Jump the following hurdles by writing a story of 400 or more words. You must include the story element of a chasm to cross; the words Reined, Fence, Hunter; and include or take inspiration from the line of dialogue, "Only the strongest shoulders can carry the hopes of a nation."- Katie Taylor, Irish boxer and 2012 gold medalist

3. 100 Word Sprint: A 100 word drabble about your character, family, friendship or couple using any theme.

4. Tennis Match: Write a story of 100 or more words that is dialogue-only to create a true volley of words.

5. 400 Word Cross Country: Exactly 400 words about your character, couple, family or friendship with any theme.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2023
    UltramassiveUbersue and Chyntuck like this.
  2. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    1. Single Sentence Shot Put: A story told in a single sentence about your character, family, friendship or couple.

“Our old mentor Rostek Horn is at the Roarrrring Hunter bar in Treasure Ship Row and we are needed Tony to help him to solve the murder.”

3. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    2. Equestrian Cross-Country: Jump the following hurdles by writing a story of 400 or more words. You must include the story element of a chasm to cross; the words Reined, Fence, Hunter; and include or take inspiration from the line of dialogue, "Only the strongest shoulders can carry the hopes of a nation."- Katie Taylor, Irish boxer and 2012 gold medalist

“The Roarrrring Hunter bar.” Tony was smiling. “The owner must have liked rr's.”

“Or he did score a 'd' for dumb at language lessons.” Kevin was getting his blaster. “With mentor Horn involved it must be serious. Let's go.”

“Yes young one.” Tony ruffled the hair of his son. “Always the impatient pittin pup.”

“He was the one who taught me and he told me more about his mentor Steve Magaron and working with the Corellian Jedi.”

“I know.” Tony saw their airspeeder being readied by a tech-droid. “I have worked with Magaron and Nejaa Halcyon before the Clone wars. One famous case was about the Dorsetti holocron. I have read about that and it started my fascination with holocrons.”

“Yes you have read all the books in the library about them. But Dorsetti and Magaron. That instructor got injured during that op.”

“Yes and Magaron left during the war and Nejaa Halcyon was killed. Rostek Horn married Nejaa's widow Scerra and raised their son Valin and changed the papers. No imperial ever knew that Valin was a Force sensitive and has a son Corran.”

“Corran, now helping Luke Skywalker. And Leia Organa now building the new republic with Mon Mothma.”

“Luke Skywalker defeated that creep Palpatine with the help from Darth Va.. no Anakin Skywalker, his father. He is the hope for the new republic and is now gathering Force sensitives to become the new Jedi-knights.”

“Just like our ancestor Jarin Keana. He was an orphan and raised by the Jedi-knights, came back to Corellia and married.” Kevin slid behind the controls of the airspeeder. “My time to avoid the reckless drivers.”

“Says the one who likes to jump the fence.” Tony buckled in and took the com. “CorSec 204 leaving for TR. Assistance Horn.”

'Dispatch out.'

- - -

“My students. Father and son Keana.” Rostek was with his investigators in the room where a smell of burnt and molten material was giving evidence of a safe being brutally opened. Parts of a body were covered with a sheet.

“Some fighting and someone getting away.” Kevin spotted a footprint.

“Good observation young one.” Rostek smiled. “And by the looks on your face Tony. I know. You haven't reined him in when you allowed him to take the controls of the airspeeder to get here as fast as possible.”

“We must follow that footprint.” Kevin was bowing down to observe the footprint.

“It is from a durasteel capped boot.” Tony was next to his son. “An expensive boot, with only a few shops selling them. A print of the size, a visit to the shops and we should be able to catch the one that got away.”

“Your mission.” Rostek said. “We will proces the scene here. See you at headquarters.”

- - -

The second shop had revealed the owner of the boot and where he lived.

“The son of Henno Cotera is just doing this for fun.” Tony was reading a file on his datapad in the airspeeder. “A spoiled brat, but now he has gone too far.”

“And big boss dad and his lawyers will not be able to save him this time.” Kevin was piloting the airspeeder towards a roof when he saw a man walking towards a transport. “Take the controls.” He opened the door and jumped down and landed lightly just as he has been taught. “Silivio Cotera stop.”

“No way punk.” Silvio grinned maniacally and ran towards the edge of the building, jumped the chasm and landed on the next building.

Kevin gave chase and heard the airspeeder with his dad following him. Four more buildings followed. He saw his prey getting tired. “Stop now or you will get killed.”

That cry had Silvio halting for a moment. He took the next jump.

Kevin jumped too but felt a pain coursing through his left ankle when he landed awkwardly next to Silvio.

Silvio started to fight.

Kevin was able to block the fists and could avoid the boots. A smile.

Tony was there and took a few blows before swinging with his right hand and colliding with the jaw of Silvio.

Silvio dropped like a log.

Father and son smiled after examining the man and finding a blaster. “We have caught a killer. Examining this we will know that it's been used to kill the owner of the Roarrrring Hunter bar.”

“And something to record in your diary dad.”

4. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    I love me a good old-fashioned cop story, and the world needs more Rostek Horn, so I'm totally here for this! Plus, knowing you, I'm sure Silvio Cotera has some more convoluted motive than just being a spoiled brat, so I'll just hang around here until the investigators find out.

5. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    I love Corsec and this is a fun group of characters with natural cooperative chemistry.

6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Great action and sleuthing.

7. UltramassiveUbersue

UltramassiveUbersue Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 7, 2022
    Oh, this looks like so much fun! I love the father-son banter and the classic police chase scene! I'm looking forward to reading more! :)

Kahara and earlybird-obi-wan like this.
  8. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    But first this
    Father and son are at it
    And more in
    Rostek is sending them on...

3. 100 Word Sprint: A 100 word drabble about your character, family, friendship or couple using any theme.

“You two look horrible.” Rostek Horn observed Tony Keana and his son Kevin, sitting before his desk.

“A fight does that to you.” Tony was nursing his right hand. “And that pittin pup of a son had to jump down from our airspeeder to catch the killer.”

“It was the easiest way after the killer had jumped the chasm. I caught him and you were there when he tried to escape.”

“But you have to take it easy on your left foot for 10 days. And that's for the two of you.” Rostek stood up. “A vacation.”

9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Nice they'll have time to recuperate.

10. UltramassiveUbersue

UltramassiveUbersue Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 7, 2022
    I just love this character's voice! :D This thread is so much fun!

11. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    Did someone say "reckless"? Somehow your cops always seem to end up needing some sort of medical attention [face_laugh] It's lucky that Rostek Horn is more level-headed than his subordinates!

Kahara likes this.
  12. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    by going to...
    and there will be more Keana stuf
    That's the way with cops but now...

4. Tennis Match: Write a story of 100 or more words that is dialogue-only to create a true volley of words.

“Your last entry about the Roarrrring Hunter bar was a nice one among all those about your holocron fascination. And those about the fights of the Republic against the empire. And the Death Star of course and the origins of that mayhem and what followed it.”

“Uh yes. That was research leading to find out that Count Dooku had discovered the plans on Irellion when he brought four crystals and one globule together. Those things were made by a Rakata warrior.”

“What are you reading now?”

“A diary from our ancestor Jarin Keana.”

“Interesting?”

“Yes. Let me read.”

“Can I read it too?”

“After I am finished. And this. This is interesting.”

“What?”

“Jarin Keana was an orphan after his parents died and was taken by the Jedi-knights because he had a large amount of midichlorians.”

“Midi whats?”

“Midichlorians. And he became the padawan of healer Hano Bel Munic, a Corellian Jedi.”

“And he became a healer?”

“Yes and he visited with his master the Dooku es...”

“Dooku as in Count Dooku?”

“Yes but this Dooku must have been a nice one showing them the large estate with the beautiful gardens. He had a nice wife and daughter and two sons. Count Dooku inherited it.”

“And he turned Sith. Maybe this is a nice place to investigate. Rostek Horn urged us to take a vacation.”

“Sure. I like to know why a Jedi turned to become a Sith.”

“Should be easy with you at the com-console, seeing all those adds.”

“I have tickets. It was very easy with all those companies wanting to take you with their transport to whatever place you like.”

“Yes?”

“To Serenno with Trans space and we will land on Carannia space port.”

“Getting a speeder and you have to drive.”

“Yes, a speeder with left hand controls. All is arranged and it's cheap.”

“And I will take my diary too.”

13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Nice tie-back to Jarin =D= Yup, a nice Dooku definitely arouses curiosity. :p

14. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    Excellent volley, Player One! :)

15. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    O-ho! So you're connecting this to your Kessel Run stories! I wonder what they'll find on Serenno...

16. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    and now a bad mother
    And where will the end up (the diary;))
    It is connected to the Kessel run and to the decathlon with Tarhin in the marathon swimming

5. 400 Word Cross Country: Exactly 400 words about your character, couple, family or friendship with any theme.

“The directions in the diary are clear. We have to follow this road to come to the Dooku estate.” Tony is at the controls. Hills and a large forest are passed until a destroyed fence becomes visible.

“This must be it.”

A bumpy road. Roses are growing wild. Remains of a large building. “We can explore that but caution.”

“Gloves and our clothes should be protection.” Kevin limps towards the entrance.

A door opens.

Kevin begins to explore with Tony following him. Daylight is shining through the partially destroyed roof. Another door is leading to the stairs that go down. Lights are used to descend to the place.

“This is where Count Dooku must have stored his Sithly things.”

“Look what I have found.” Tony bends down to get an old rag with symbols, places that in an evidence bag provided by his son.

“And that.” Kevin reaches with his gloved hands to a statue but halts when he sees the dried corpse of an animal. He gets another bag from his pocket and uses that to secure the statue. “Nice things to investigate.” The bags are secured in his backpack.

“Look what I have found. It's a diary from his mother.” Tony begins to read. “This is horrible. She was a Jedi-healer and she became a Sith, giving birth to another Sith. Let's go back home.”

“Dooku's. Jarin met a nice one and maybe the ancestors of Dooku were nice too. That woman led to the downfall of the Jedi. Yes home and we have something to investigate at CorSec.”

Tony places the diary in the backpack where he has the diary of Jarin Keana and his.

- - -

Tony and Kevin are waiting in the hall of Carannia spaceport.

'Final call. Trans space 7089 will end boarding because it is getting permission to leave early.'

“That's us.” Tony begins to walk towards the gate with Kevin following him. He enters, flashes his pass and walks to the seat.

Kevin drops down next to him and manages to secure his crashwebbing after securing his backpack. “Whew.”

“Oh my.” Tony sees the backpack. “Mine is still there.”

- - -

A man bends down and picks up the backpack. On a hunch he opens it and sees the three diaries. 'This is for me to secure.' He gets them and brings the backpack to the service-desk.

To be continued in the Marathon story of my decathlon Special ops

17. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    Oh Tony, seriously? You left a backpack full of Sith artifacts hanging around? This isn't going to end well. (Although I'm laughing in advance as I picture the face of the service desk people when they find the dried corpse of an animal in there [face_laugh] )

On to the marathon swim to see what happens next!

18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    :eek: :oops: A small thing, leaving behind a backpack, leads to a lot of hard consequences.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2023
    earlybird-obi-wan and Kahara like this.
  19. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    How intriguing to tie together a pentathlon and decathlon, go you!=D=

20. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    The artifacts and corpse can be another story but the diaries are gone and will appear somewhere else
    Yes, entertaining for some-one busy with Huling-sitting
    Yes busy with my character Tarhin Engaron I came to this series, adding four triathlons