main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga - Legends “And death shall have no dominion", story about Krennic's daughter (canon & legends mix), 27 Ch. FIN

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by AzureAngel2, Mar 24, 2018.

1. gizkaspice

gizkaspice Force Ghost star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    I love how formal Cassie is---as expected, of course. Great dinner details and exchanges as always!

DarthUncle and Kahara like this.
  2. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha: Thanks for saying that about Cassie. I hope she can keep that up in future.

@Nehru_Amidala: Sorry no Doctor Who crossover, even though I love Tennant, Smith & Capaldi. As for the British dishes that I used, an ex of mine told me what the British army eats. He grew up in the Osnabrück area, where the Brits had a lot of soldiers stationed until 2009.

@Kahara: Straight to the point as usual and you always find out where I get my ideas from. I did not only look into the background of Sabine, but indeed the legend stories about Mara and the First Order way of "drafting".

As for Orson as a father figure. He does his best, but he can be pretty immoral when it is NOT about his own kid. True. But being raised so conform with the system opens Cassie many doors. Plus, to her own shock, she learns that she can lie when she has to.

@gizkaspice: Thanks for saying so, but I need to wrap up the story with a epilogue. It has been difficult for me to write that certain epilogue is so far. I have some vague idea so. Now I need only time and a muse to kiss me.

I might continue Cassie´s story somewhere else in a different time and told by a different narrator. Also have some ideas here.

3. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Okay, this is the end my friends.

@DarthUncle, @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, @Kahara, @Cowgirl Jedi 1701, @gizkaspice and @Nehru_Amidala plus everybody else who read along.

Epilogue:

There was nothing wrong with obsidian itself. All over the known universe it was regarded as a legitimate building material. Volcanic glass formed as an extrusive igneous rock. And like any other hard stone it could to be used in framework or to create building blocks.

Of course there were some nut cases who would point out that obsidian was a powerful cleanser of psychic smog created within a person’s aura. Then there were those who claimed that it was a strong psychic protection stone and even stimulated the gift of prophesy.

Orson Krennic smirked.

The poor in spirit were not really blessed. They simply could be labelled as severely mentally retarded.

One thing was for certain though. Who ever had constructed this monstrosity of a castle had been a total lunatic. As an architect he did not even wish to research the original blueprints, though. Clearly, there had been a lot of re-tooling. It was bad enough that the current occupant of this fortress was as mad as a cut snake.

With a thin veil of cold sweat, the director of Advanced Weapons Research rushed through sparsely illuminated corridors.

“Bloody oath!” he thought, still feeling the touch of the invisible hands around his throat. It would be a miracle if his larynx was still working after this violent encounter.

But his near-death-experience did not make Orson Krennic afraid. The vibration of hatred, that resonated through his tense body, only fed his inner cycle of anger and retribution. Hatred that was not directed at Lord Vader or the Galactic Empire, which they both served.

There was another adversary who had constantly stood in his way since early childhood days. One who was unpredictable and had a bad timing.

“Frecking Force!” he cursed.

That mystic energy field was to blame that he had to grow up with two fruit loops who had no right to carry the name mother and father. But well, the latter had proven to be an excellent grandfather for his one and only child. The daughter he had adopted so many years ago. Who had grown into a head-strong beauty of almost eighteen years.

The director was about to activate his personal comm when a mighty voice boomed through his conscious mind, “Leave Cassandra to me! Even if you fall, I will keep her safe!”

His shock was only short lived. Annoyance made way. This was the second time in fourteen years that Darth Vader had stolen into his head. Oh yeah?” he bellowed back immediately. The words of an old fairytale came into his mind and he added them without much thinking. “It shall not be her death. The princess will only fall into a hundred-year deep sleep.”

There was silence for several heartbeats, before the Dark Lord answered ever so self-assured, “Safe keeping does not necessarily mean that I will freeze her into carbonite. But if you insist as her legal guardian, it can be arranged.”

Orson Krennic stopped dead in his tracks, his hands cramped into fits. “You sick son of a Hutt!”

Lord Vader took this insult mildly. “I could also throw the girl into my dungeon for safe keeping, but would be the point? My Coruscant library is much better suited for her needs. She has been using it for years.”

A guttural sound escaped Orson Krennic’s throat. But inside his head he said calmly, “Then I’d better reassure the Emperor that the Death Star project has not been compromised by Erso’s betrayal.”

There was no answer, but it was not needed.

The challenge for Cassandra Krennic’s future was on.

Apart for the director himself nobody else was left.

The girl’s godfather, Agent Alexsandr Kallus, had betrayed them by joining the infamous Hera Syndulla and her crew.

What was even worse was that those lousy rebels had bereft them of the company of Mitth'raw'nuruodo, better known as Grand Admiral Thrawn. He was missing in action since one year already.

Orson Krennic jutted his chin, ready to battle Lord Vader and the rest of the universe. If Galen had failed him in any way, he would flay the scientist alive.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2020
  4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Very nice epilogue, tying things up but also leaving the way open for future stories. :)

5. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    What a terrific ending! All the loose ends came together, with the possibility of more adventures. Well done!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Kahara

Kahara Chosen One star 4

Mar 3, 2001
    Oh wow, I love that this ends on a time skip! :D You get to see a little of how much has (and hasn't) changed over the years. And it looks like time is running out, and Orson knows that it might be. [face_thinking]

[face_rofl] Gravity is probably on warning too. Some things really do never change, and Orson's resentment of all things mystical is one of them.

Of course he just picks a fight with Vader. Common sense, what? :p Though of course, there is a very real reason for doing so in this case. I guess it was inevitable that Vader would end up being competitive about Cassie's attachment to him and Orson. (Because the whole father figure thing always ends well for you, Anakin. :vader: [face_sigh] ) Well, this is gonna end... somehow. I like how you left it open here; perhaps a sequel will answer as to Cassie's fate but for now the future is still in motion.

I guess it depends on how closely future events are tied to canon. Orson is a piece of work, but I do worry for Cassie's future if she loses him. :( Poor kiddo.

7. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    I would like to see Cassie babysit the next generation of Imperials: Armitage, Rhiannon and baby Thrass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. gizkaspice

gizkaspice Force Ghost star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    A great ending to a great story, but also so many future story possibilities! So many things can lie in Cassie's future now...and the time jump was a great idea for an epilogue!

9. DarthUncle

DarthUncle Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 20, 2005
    Great, gripping ending, tying things together in a very logical and satisfying while leaving the future open enough to wonder what might come of Cassie.

Interesting idea, though I am quite of uncertain whether Cassie would really be a great kindergarten teacher - yes, Nagina was, so I think the potential is there in principle, but her life-experience has probably put her on quite a different path. Patience for one is not something Cassie has nurtured, while I think Nagina does, for example.

But it's an interesting question left to wonder about; and one of the things that has made this series so interesting:

Nagina to me was partly a character study of a grown person overcoming lingering self-doubt, choosing to fight for what she believes in, against the well known and understood very bad odds. Quickly bonding with a host of allies and friends as she encountered them when family could not be relied upon; So we have a baseline of what we know this person is capable of, though she kept surprising us with where she went next. Even in her unfortunate end - a friend saving her from her bad family, which lead to

The contrast of Cassie, still growing up, finding herself, her likes and dislikes and strengths and weaknesses, and doing so in a flawed, but warm and caring, safe, home. But, in a world she doesn't see as it is, shielded as she has been, and a world moreover that she cannot fathom how fragile it is. And also, soon to be coming down around her as we know it does.

And that it ends right with a funny, entertaining glimpse at where she might go, allies left, and lost, but leaving open how this person develops and deals with it, what choices are made, that's very well done.

Have to full-quote @Kahara - she already said everything else I would have said about this post, I think, so why try and do the same with less eloquence, right?
    Yeah, it's interesting isn't it? Nagina was started in a time before the new canon was fully established, and was relatively free of it from being so ahead of most of the new things, while using a lot of lore from the now-Legends stories. But Cassie's story buts up right against a lot of it, incorporating things, but havng Nagina's legacy too - which makes the choice to end it here a cleverly done one too! =D= @AzureAngel2

10. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    great ending with many possibilities

11. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha: Yepp, if I only had time to write at present. Until now I have been pretty busy with home office and spring cleaning.

@Nehru_Amidala: Definitely some adventures ahead. But once a year I empty wardrobes and cupboards, crawl inside, clean and sort stuff in again. I also clean surfaces, sort out things that I do not need and annoy spiders by checking every corner of the flat. Even behind furniture.

@Kahara: Thanks for pointing out the very important "Daddy tick" that Vader seems to have and which is made fun of in Robot Chicken very mercilessly.

To write how she will lose Orson will not be easy. Loving a loved one never is!

@earlybird-obi-wan: ... that some might consider unnatural, but well if the Disney script writers can act crazy, I will do so as well. And will steal ideas from other Disney related films & series.

Thanks for the long and sometimes intense journey everybody! It was an honour to have you at my side with Cassandra.

Follow up-stories to this fan fic in chronological order:

“Meet me at the sunset”
    = A teenage Cassie and her boy-friend Zevulon Veers start messing around. Their dads are both mortified. (3 BBY)

“Being with the enemy”
    = A single father, who is also an Imperial officer and engineer, is exhausted and fed up with his adopted daughter. This is why he starts a diary. (3 BBY)

“Wrong”
    = Agent Kallus deflected to the rebels. His godchild is more than upset about this. (2 BBY)

"It isn't in my blood"
    = A teen is neglecting the family dog and good old dad has to walk it around the block each night. (1 BBY)

“A question of time”
    = During the Battle of Scarif Director Krennic establishes a connection to Coruscant and gives his adopted daughter a "Code Red" alarm. But the young woman ignores the order to evacuate the family flat. (0 BBY)

“Fly on the windscreen”
    = A neighbour of the Krennic family witnesses directly how an ISB black op team hunts down Cassie after the events on Scarif. (0 BBY)

“Now the day bleeds into nightfall”
    = Orson Krennic dies through the battle station he helped to construct. But death is not the end. The Force is not finished with him yet. (0 BBY)

“Skyfall”
    = In the aftermath of the Battle of Yavin spymaster Dravits Draven asks Mon Mothma to get the permission for a black op. The target in question in the daughter of the man who constructed the Death Star. (0 ABY)

“People disappear all the time”
    = Cassie is kept in a black prison, suspected to have betrayed the Empire together with her father and, of all people, Galen Erso. (0 ABY)

“Happens to the heart”
    = On Mustafar Cassie tries to come to terms with her beloved father´s demise and other losses in her life. She has a little help from the other side by no other than Qui-Gon Jinn. (0 ABY)

"Pavor nocturnus"
    = Cassie has arrived into the safe custody of her cousin, the Dark Lord. The latter resides on Mustafar. (0 ABY)

"At the stroke of midnight"
    = Strange things happen at Vader´s fortress at night. Part 1 (0 ABY)

"No murder at the library"
    = Strange things happen at Vader´s fortress at night. Part 2 (0 ABY)

"The smile of the Dead"
    = Strange things happen at Vader´s fortress at night. Part 3 (0 ABY)

“Conquering the demons”
    = The follow-up of "At the stroke of midnight", "No murder at the library" & "The smile of the Dead" (0 ABY)

“The inmost light”
    = Cassie tries to summon the ghost of her father, but has the wrong crowd from the spirit world showing up on the grounds of the Krennic apple farm. (0 BBY)

“Tea time”
    = A clinical psychologist is invited by a doctor colleague of a different medical discipline. They meet in his home. (0 BBY)

"All is fair in war and love"
    = Family comes in all sizes and forms. And Dinner tables are often a battlefield of doom. Drinks get spilled and sometimes even secrets. And hearts can end up as shattered as plates. (2 ABY)

“Raised in a summers haze”
    = Zevulon Veers, who is in the process to join the rebel alliance, remembers the day that Scarif fell rather difficult. (2 ABY)

“An uninvited guest”
    = Vader, the Dark Lord, has some powers that are not out in the open. But to a very receptive observer they are hard to overlook. Talking about those particular powers is a bit tricky though. (3 ABY)

"May it be"
    = Being brave in the face of danger is sometimes a bit too much to ask for. From any hero or heroine. There should be moments of rest, for they are desperately needed. (3 ABY)

"A life of darkness and light"

= A day on board of an Imperial starship can be exhausting for it's crew members, especially the privileged ones. It's not as easy as it seems. But then again human emotions and relationships never are. (3 ABY)

Last edited: Feb 19, 2023