main
side
curve

Saga - ST “Once upon a time in a galaxy far, far away”, graphic SW novel, re-load

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by AzureAngel2, Apr 28, 2020.

1. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    [​IMG]

Title:
    “Once upon a time in a galaxy far, far away”, a graphic SW novel for kids, re-load due to changed canon by Disney

Author: AzureAngel2

Main beta- editor: @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Co-editor and muse: @DarthUncle

Length: 11 double pages (= one text page and another page with one acrylic painting matched to it) plus the last page saying: THE END

Summary: C3PO tells little Ben Solo a bed time story about alien creatures all over the known galaxy.

Time frame: The story takes place in 8 ABY, when Ben is three years old.

Place of choice: Chandrila

Reason for re-post on the Fan Fic Boards:

Well, there is a German saying: “Aller guten Dinge sind drei.” (= All good things come in threes.)... [face_blush]

The new canon forces me to redo a story about the Solo twins, Jacen and Jaina, who do not exit any more. Instead we have Ben aka Kylo Ren.

I also noticed that the scans of my paintings were not very sharp.

I posted the original SW graphic novel on the 7th December 2008 at 10:59am. And re-posted it on the 23rd March 2014 at 9:26am. This story was originally dedicated to @Leiaswg1 and her baby girl.

Reader warning: Please excuse my weird English! I am German. English is only my Second language!

Disclaimer: SW is owned by George Lucas, Lucas Lt. & Walt Disney!!!

Page 1:
    I hope you are comfortable and warm, little master.
    May I ask if you also brushed your teeth and washed your face well?
    Very well, then I can start with my story.
    Once upon a time in a galaxy far, far away...

Page 2:
    [​IMG]

Page 3:
    ... a Tusken Raider sits on his trusted bantha and rides through the desert. They bond for life, you know?

Page 4:
    [​IMG]

Page 7:
    Together with your mother’s home world, Alderaan, the Thrantas were destroyed. But luckily some of them survived on Bespin. Their mysterious riders paint their skins with colourful patterns.

Page 8:
    [​IMG]

Page 9:
    The Gungans are the humanoids native to the planet of Naboo. Several decades ago they fought a battle against the Trade Federation. Most of them rode a Kaadu mount to the Grassy Plains.

Page 10:
    [​IMG]

Page 11:
    On Hoth, a desolate world covered with ice and snow, the rebel alliance once used Tauntauns as mounts. Your father, Captain Solo, was not very found on them, but he was actually able to save the life of Master Luke with one in a very unorthodox way.

Page 12:
    [​IMG]

To be continued!

Last edited: Jan 8, 2021
  2. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    These are so cute! I love the idea of Threepio reading to little Ben. Lovely work! [face_love]

3. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Page 13:
    Cerea is a planet located in the Mid Rim region of the galaxy. Like Alderaan its inhabitants have a harmonious relationship with nature. They used to travel the wide, open landscapes on back of the Aryxen, big, bird-like beings on two legs.

Page 14:
    [​IMG]

Page 15:
    On the Sanctuary Moon of Endor the Eworks use self-build hang gliders. Those are commonly used to hunt. Do not mistake them for cuddly toys! They are very brave warriors and dangerous foes for their enemies.

Page 16:
    [​IMG]

Page 17:
    The first battle of the Clone Wars is said to have been the Battle of Geonosis. The desert planet, referred to as Geonosia by some natives, is bereft of life due to the Galactic Empire, The aristocracy of the had wings, consisting of royal warriors serving. Drones, that mostly worked as labourers, had none.

Page 18:
    [​IMG]

Page 19:

The most common means of transportation in the galaxy are space ships. Your father’s vessel was constructed as unit YT 492727ZED in 60 BBY. However, it has been extensively modified afterwards, almost beyond recognition. I cannot possibly communicate with it.

Page 20:
    [​IMG]

Page 21:

Now sleep well, young master. Sweet dreams and may the Force be with you!

Page 22:
    [​IMG]

Page 23:

The End

Sources:
    Wookieepedia – The Star Wars Wiki
    Das offizielle Star Wars Fact File” a series of magazines from the Italian holding company DeAgostini (2002 until 2005)

Last edited: Apr 28, 2020
    DarthUncle, castin, Kahara and 2 others like this.
  4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Lovely bedtime story and a fascinating variety of worlds and cultures as well as means of transportation ;)

Last edited: Apr 28, 2020
    DarthUncle, Kahara and AzureAngel2 like this.
  5. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    lovely art to accompany a bedtime story

6. DarthUncle

DarthUncle Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 20, 2005
    Great to see this surface again as you looked through the cabinet the collection of these were stored, reordered and rediscovered them for yourself - and happy to see them uploaded here again, with new, better scans of the great original paintings, and a modified text to keep them in keeping with Canon. More please!

7. Kahara

Kahara Force Ghost star 4

Mar 3, 2001
    Aww, I love that it's Threepio reading -- his storyteller skills are so underrated! :) And the variety of creatures and beings from different planets is really fun to see. The galaxy truly is full of amazing sights, and a kids' book is a perfect showcase for all that wonderfully varied life. And ending with the Falcon too. :)

8. gizkaspice

gizkaspice Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    This is so adorable! I can just imagine C3PO reading this to little Benny Bunny. :D Love the paintings that go along with the story!

DarthUncle, AzureAngel2 and Kahara like this.
  9. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    This is just too heartwarming. Sweet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DarthUncle, Kahara and AzureAngel2 like this.
  10. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    This is so sweet and beautiful! Love the idea of Threepio telling a bedtime story, and your paintings are just gorgeous. [face_love]=D=