main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga - Legends “Total eclipse of the heart”, an Orson Krennic one-shot (action)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by AzureAngel2, Oct 27, 2018.

1. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Title: “Total eclipse of the heart”, an Orson Krennic one-shot

Author: AzureAngel2

Co-editor and muse: @DarthUncle

Main beta editor: @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Summary: The beaches of Scarif shake with explosions. Saw Gerrera, an extremist, has come to the Imperial garrison with a bunch of cut throats. But there is more about this terrorist attack that meets the eye. Much more. Orson Krennic will keep it secret though. Not only for his own good.

Time frame: 5 BBY

Planet of choice: Scarif

Reader warning: Please excuse my weird English! I am German. English is only my Second language!

Disclaimer: SW is owned by George Lucas, Lucas Ltd. and now The Walt Disney Company

Fare thee well, little broken heart
    Downcast eyes, lifetime loneliness

Whatever walks in my heart will walk alone

Constant longing for the perfect soul
    Unwashed scenery forever gone

No love left in me
    No eyes to see the heaven beside me
    My time is yet to come
    So I'll be forever yours

No love left in me
    My time is yet to come
    So I'll be forever yours

No love left in me
    My time is yet to come
    So I'll be forever yours

In a galaxy too vast to reign properly, children were able to get lost without a trace. Not all of them were runaways of their own choice. Even five years after the Clone Wars there was still slave trade, organ trafficking and murder.

Orson Krennic had heard of cases even, when newborn babies had gotten swapped in their hospital cradles. Underpaid and over-worked staff was to blame for the mix-ups. Families often found out years later.

“I will make sure that nobody, especially the Emperor, will ever find out about today,” he whispered.

Having said that the Director of Advanced Weapons Research leaned forward and flattened his nose against the glass of the clone tank. A human being, barely five years old, was slumbering inside. It wore the face of a person once dear to him.

A couple of years ago his former babysitter, Nagina Samye née Anil, had been ruthlessly killed at the age of 42. From his personal point of view there was no statute of limitations
    for murder. Today was payday. Not only for the man, who was said to have committed the deed. An entire Imperial garrison would get punished, too.

He did not really mind all the death and destruction that were due to happen any time soon. For 'Project Celestial Power' he had destroyed worlds. For the happiness of just one girl he was prepared to do much worse.

“To be the villain is a role that I am used to,” he assured the clone.

To be a father though would be a totally new experience for him. One that he was afraid of. But it was right thing to do. Child protective services would back him up. Of that he was sure. As the member of the Tarkin Initiative he had the money and the influence to buy an adoption.

He would hide the clone in plain sight. It was the right thing to do. The past years he had learned that the Emperor was not paying attention for small details any longer. Nor did his Imperial Councillors. Ars Dangor was the only exception. Without the notification of the latter, he would not be aware that their head of state went missing on Ryloth.

With a sigh Orson Krennic opened his tool box.

There was much work to do and little time. Every move had to be perfect.

The past years he had studied all that there was about clone technology. Incognito he also had attended a First Aide course for children.

But he had not been able to help the other girl that had been essential for his plan. Only yesterday the unfortunate creature, the only child of a spice-addict, had died on him. When he was done here on Scarif, he would bring the small corpse to Naboo. He owed the nameless child a decent cremation ceremony.

But first he had to gather his main price and destroy the secret chamber here. It was at the heart of the Citadel tower.

Not for the first time in five years Orson Krennic was wearing a blond and somewhat curly wig. Green eye lenses and glasses had altered his face a bit.

All of a sudden, explosions went off, burning palm trees.

War had come to Scarif. But it was not the notorious Saw Gerrera who attacked the Citadel Tower. Its architect had come to bring death and destruction. No witnesses were allowed to stay alive.

All the targets within a radius of two kilometres were just a distraction to keep the ground troops busy.

Sources:
    The song “Forever Yours” by Nightwish (2002)
    Wookieepedia – The Star Wars Wiki
    Jedipedia, a free German Star Wars-Encyclopaedia

Last edited: Jan 8, 2021
    Kahara likes this.
  2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    =D= Very nice prelude to Orson's role as Cassie's Dad. [face_thinking] It is certainly quite different from his ruthless work-mentality.
    You can see that he has totally thought out each necessary detail.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  3. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    And I almost had forgotten, @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, that is story was somewhere on my computer, longing to be posted.

I wonder what @DarthUncle, @Kahara, @earlybird-obi-wan and others will make out of it.

And the strange part is, I wrote it before Wookiepedia told me that old Dravy Duck has a streak of sadism in him. But well, the way I wrote him he is a former child soldier with PTSD. He certainly has his dark spots.

4. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Orson had a lot to plan and created death and destruction

5. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    @earlybird-obi-wan: This is what Orson is best at, looking at his canon existence. ;) At least my version of him succeeds to be a good dad.

DarthUncle likes this.
  6. DarthUncle

DarthUncle Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 20, 2005
    Oh, I remember you reading an earlier version of this to me - must have been months ago. It's great to see Orson Krennic actually have apply some brilliance and cunning that works out; In Catalyst we only see his bad sides, more or less, and in your Cassie stories, we mainly see that he can apply himself to being a good as possible dad, but we don't actually know whether Cassie's being proud of her dad is because of what he really can do, or because he's, well, her dad - this lends more credibility to the first.

And great plan actually - works because the Emperor, and his empire, aren't very imaginative and tend to underestimate their foes (and thus often forget about much of the population, and links in the chain that make up the universe).

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  7. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    @DarthUncle: Thanks for reading, commenting & supporting me! You are the best husband ever! [face_love]

I also love your kyber crystal clear view on the characters & the plot! [face_idea]