main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters ♡ The OTP & Pairing Thread ♡ | Challenge #33 is up: How They Met! (1/28, p. 90, #2231)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Captain Rakkaus, Oct 5, 2015.

1. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard FFoF Artist Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Nov 22, 1999
    Question for @Captain Rakkaus and/or @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha : does it have to be letters exchanged between the couple, or can they be letters written by one member of the couple to the other, who can’t receive them for some reason?

2. Captain Rakkaus

Captain Rakkaus Jedi Master star 2

Oct 4, 2015
    For my own part, I'm pretty much fine with treating the rules of this challenge as guidelines à la Captain Barbossa—in other words, I would have no objection. But I'll let @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha address this in earnest as the original proposer of the challenge. :)

Kahara and devilinthedetails like this.
  3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    @Captain Rakkaus and @Raissa Baiard -- a great question. My original intent was to have an exchange between the couple themselves, but it could certainly be broadened to also include: an exchange between one member of the pairing to his/her friend/family member about the relationship or message(s) that never arrive and the outcome of that if desired-- which can lead to all kinds of mush and humor. :D

Last edited: Feb 12, 2020
  4. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Ooh! I have another question for @Captain Rakkaus and/or @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha - I am all for treating the prompt as guidelines more than a hard and fast rule, but I want to make sure I don't stray too far from the challenge here. :p Instead of written letters/messages, would it be okay if those messages were recordings, à la comm messages traded back and forth? [face_thinking]

I had an idea hit me that I just may give a whirl, if so. You know, after I finish the WIP I started for the last round of this challenge, and all. [face_blush] 8-}

Thanks! [:D]

Last edited: Feb 15, 2020
  5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    SQUEE! Out. Loud. @Mira_Jade -- recorded messages are perfectly fine. :D Eagerly awaiting what you submit! [face_dancing] [:D]

6. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    I just finished an extremely belated and ad-hoc entry for challenge no. 12, The Landscape of Love, using my "beach" prompt and featuring Jyn and Cassian (but not just) at the very end of Rogue One:

Gem of My Beaches

Kahara, Mira_Jade , divapilot and 4 others like this.
  7. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    I'm not sure this is exactly to the letter (HA!) of the challenge - it's fairly short, but it was just too good not to post. And it's Star Wars (WHAAAAAAT?). Pan and Teilo are back in Show You Off.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2020
  8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    I wanted to share my rough outline for the Love Letters OTP challenge so that anyone who's stuck or wonders what the context could involve, her letter is to a family member when the couple are apart, not together, but her feelings continue; his are to her during their time apart but he never sends it. It's in 2 parts. They do eventually get back together and in the second part they discuss the letters and the motives behind writing them. MUSHY! LOL

As you can see, the context doesn't even have to be strictly fixed in time or the same for each person. @};-

9. gizkaspice

gizkaspice Force Ghost star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    Question for @Captain Rakkaus : do the letters/messages have to absolutely be romantic in nature?

devilinthedetails likes this.
  10. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    Thanks for asking. I would say that, since this is specifically the OTP thread, it’s best if there is at least some romantic element involved. In contrast, however, romance is not an absolute requirement in the MMM thread challenges, which encompass friendship/platonic/familial mush in addition to the romantic.

Also, the index has been updated with @Briannakin’s story! Wonderful to see a story in already. :)

Last edited: Mar 1, 2020
  11. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard FFoF Artist Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Nov 22, 1999
  12. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    Woohoo! And another comes in! Got it in the index—thanks so much! :D

13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
  14. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    And another—got it in! Three entries so far, this is great! :D

15. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
  16. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    Wonderful! Got it in the index—up to four now! :D

17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    I finished my "Letters" entry. [face_love] :)

18. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    OHWHATAGOOSEIAM! :oops: What with this whole coronavirus business completely upending life as we know it, I completely forgot that last Sunday, April 5, was the deadline for OTP Challenge #14: Love Letter Exchange! D'oh and many apologies. So I guess it's now VOTING TIME!

Here are our four (4) excellent entries:
    Show You Off by Briannakin (featuring OCs Prince Pan and Teilo Kunsa)
    Letters Across Hyperspace by Raissa Baiard (featuring Sabine Wren and Ezra Bridger)
    Letters Showing How We Really Feel by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha (NSWFF: Star Trek, featuring Nyota and Spock)
    Messages from a Mos Espa Love Story by devilinthedetails (featuring Shmi Skywalker and Cliegg Lars)

Here's what to do: PM your vote to this sock by 11:59 pm PST on April 22. (So you'll have two weeks to read and vote.)

Here's what not to do: vote more than once, vote for yourself, vote using a sock as well as your normal account, vote for something that's not on this list or that is not votable, etc., etc.

Here's when the winner will be announced: on or about April 23 or 24 (barring all RL catastrophe). If I can get my brains in a little better order this time around, the next challenge should go up very soon thereafter!

Happy reading and voting! :)

Last edited: Apr 8, 2020
  19. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    Aaaaand now it's time for OHWHATAGOOSEIAM, Part Deux! :oops: :oops: :oops: The voting deadline of April 22 flew right be me, so here I am on the 25th to announce that the votes are in for OTP Challenge #14: Love Letter Exchange, and our winner is:

Messages from a Mos Espa Love Story by @devilinthedetails

Congratulations to devil and very well done by all who took part! A wonderful showing all around! =D=

The next challenge is ready to go and should be posted in the next day or so, and with this one I shall really do my best to be on top of things; I really apologize for all the schedule tardiness that happened in this one. But I'm always interested in hearing your suggestions for future challenges, so don't be shy--go ahead and PM your ideas to this sock! :)

Kahara, Kit', Mira_Jade and 3 others like this.
  20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Congratulations!!! So well deserved; all the entries were wonderful. =D=

21. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
  22. TheRynJedi

TheRynJedi Jedi Master star 3

Jun 20, 2018
    I've had to start setting alarms on my phone to keep track of stuff because I don't know what day it is any more...

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

23. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Oh my goodness but this last challenge seemed to fly by! I can't believe we have a winner already. 8-} Well done, @devilinthedetails, and everyone else who participated! You all contributed awesome answers to the prompt, and, as always I can't wait to see what's next! [face_dancing] [face_love] =D=

24. JadeSphera

JadeSphera Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 10, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2020
  25. Kahara

Kahara FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Mar 3, 2001