main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters ♡ The OTP & Pairing Thread ♡ | Challenge #33 is up: How They Met! (1/28, p. 90, #2231)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Captain Rakkaus, Oct 5, 2015.

1. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard FFoF Artist Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Nov 22, 1999
    @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, don’t worry, I’m not giving up on Marzra. I’ve got plans for them ;) Just going through one of those writer’s block funks at the moment. Maybe I will try writing some mush for one of my other OTPs (Raissa & Doran, Kanan & Hera) to see if I can get get the sparks going.

ETA: @Ewok Poet you have goldfish that need to be mushified? :D

Last edited: Jan 20, 2018
  2. CosmicDust

CosmicDust Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 16, 2017
    Tea, jazz/classic Christmas songs, a cozy blanket, looking at cute fanart of the character(s)/ship. Turning out the lights help if I'm really not in the mushy mood because even though I'm alone with just me and the blinking cursor, no lights helps make it feel truly private. lol

3. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    I wanted to write "crap", but I was not sure...
    a) ...if I needed to put myself down that much;
    b) ...if it was okay. Then I saw that it's on the allowed list. Just like ass. LOL, I'm a pre-schooler. :p

Homer Simpson: "Sweet merciful crap!"

Captain Rakkaus likes this.
  4. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    My entry for the current challenge is up in Beyond-Legends: Awakenings. It's a multi-chapter but unless DRL strikes it should be posted in its entirety before the deadline.

5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Enjoying muchly my entry -- found the perfect perfect song for the final chapter which isn't written yet [face_laugh] but oh my, I completely melted!

Totally right for my other OTPS -- (Ayesha/Thrawn, S/U, and ;) Marzra). [:D] [face_dancing]

Last edited: Jan 25, 2018
  6. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    So, after realising that I only hinted at how two particular characters met, I realised that their story would match this challenge. [face_love] And I'm proud of how 100% original it is.

And yeah, I still want to write the response to the previous OTP challenge, too. :p

Captain Rakkaus likes this.
  7. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    I am very bad at judging how long one of my stories will end up.

My feeling for the response to the current prompt, is that it should be fairly compact, except I still have three or four projects all being written now, not least the previous OTP challenge.

8. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    So, for what it's worth, I have finally posted the story I wrote on the prompt I received back in the Fairy Tale… in Space! Challenge:

Three Strands

Of course it's long past the actual challenge deadline, but I did want to acknowledge what was a wonderful challenge, and to ask @Captain Rakkaus if the story could be listed in the challenge index as a noncompetitive entry. (If so, it could be listed as featuring "various original pairings.") Thanks much. :)

9. Captain Rakkaus

Captain Rakkaus Jedi Master star 2

Oct 4, 2015
    Done and done.

And I had a gr9 idea for the next discussion topic and NOW I CAN'T REMEMBER WHAT IT WAS. :(

Anywayyyy...copied and pasted this from the Writers' Resources thread, because it's GR9, too!

Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
  10. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Okayyy...

11. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    So, wondering what my OTPs are at this point. It changed a lot since the first post. Apparently, I had only two of my OTPs at the point and Bree/Blue back then. But now...it escalated. I have become a massive 'shipper.

Did your OTPs change, too? Or did you expand your list?

EC/EC:
    Teebo/Latara (duh!)
    Anakin/Padmé
    Reylo (not from the super-romantic aspect...and yeah, I'm ashamed of this! [face_blush])
    Finn/Rose
    Luke/Mara (certain instances yes, certain no - depends on the writer)
    Han/Leia (what can I say, I like tragic romances...)
    Ghent/Mara (I can see this as a platonic thing, been toying with it, DON'T KILL ME, plZ)
    Cade/Deliah
    Draco/Sia
    Thrawn/himself [face_devil][face_skull]
    Palpatine/Isard (Volshe ACED that, too bad you can't see more of it...so deliciously creepy)

Some others are nice, too - but I just don't enjoy them enough, if y'know what I mean?

I finally understand that Cade Skywalker and Darth Talon have "hatesex", but it's not that I could enjoy it.

From the little I skimmed, I have a feeling that I will enjoy Jacen/Danni and Jaina/Kyp more than the eventual canon pairings.

However, Anakin Solo/Tahiri seem likeable, so do Kam/Tionne.

I can also see that a disturbing Hux/Phasma pairing could be written well.

EC/OC:
    Ezra/Mara aka MARZRA (I see @Raissa Baiard's Mara Jade Blayne as a new character)
    Luke/secret (also Raissa's pairing, not revealing any more about it...)
    Luke/Clarys (we need MOAR, Raissa!)
    Zeb/Shulma (courtesy of @Findswoman)
    Zuckuss/Telfien (Finds, Y U DO DIS 2 MEH?)
    Hux/Bree (for the morbidity factor - yeah, I'm crazy)

OC/OC:
    Flint/Maya (@Kurisan, you broke my heart!)
    Blue/Bree (@divapilot, DON'T BREAK MY HEART, OK?)
    Doran/Raissa

Dunno if I forgot anything, other than my own pairings. [face_monkey] And, apparently, some folks e.g. Kuri and @Onderon1 could not see Anjie and Doria coming up. :p

I would also ship Thom and Daisy from the Downton Abbey, because they're such good people and all, but that would take a specific knowledge of English, that I don't think I'm capable of.

I have pairings planned for a bunch of OCs and ECs, but some of them won't be what people think. :p

12. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    OTPs

Supreme Leader Snoke (40 ft Mordling), and "Mariana" Weeping Angel version of the Statue of Liberty

Ysanne Isard and Yavinelf Dangerrescue / Lord Nelf

And on the NSWFF side:

Mary Formal (E-Branch conscript, and self-styled U.N.C.L.E. agent), and Warrant Officer Bygraves (Australian SAS).

Captain Rakkaus and Ewok Poet like this.
  13. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Did your OTPs change, too? Or did you expand your list?

My list as certainly exploded since the start of this thread, mostly in NSWFF.

EC/EC:
    Eliot Waugh/Quentin Coldwater on the TV show The Magicians - This is my newest ship. I was low-key shipping them them the whole time, but it recently exploded into full blown, hard core obsessive shipping.
    Josh Lyman/Donna Moss from The West Wing - I don't think anyone in this thread would be shocked to read that. ;)
    Josh Lyman/Sam Seaborn - The West Wing - Their entire canon relationship is subtext
    Finn/Poe
    Poe/BB8
    Finn/Rose

OC/OC:
    Leo Lyman/Marc Lyman (The West Wing universe)- Yes, these are my own OCs, but I don't mention them because they are mine, I mention them because the way Bri writes them is why I fell so in love with them.
    Elvie Santos/Rose Santos(The West Wing universe) -Briannakin's OCs - they are total relationship goals.

14. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Oh yes, my muse totally shifted gears from when the above was posted over 2 years ago, so I have added to the above list. I still love Winter/Tycho and Bail/Breha (though this morning I got hit with a really weird Bail/OC plot bunny which I kinda want to write) but I have so many more thanks to the West Wing:

EC/EC:
    Josh Lyman/Donna Moss
    Matt/Helen Santos
    Josh/Sam Seaborn (pure speculation based on subtext, but I do love me a good Josh/Sam AU and my muse has needed some pure guilty pleasure lately).

And yeah, as for OC/OC, Mav and I have created some wonderful characters and total relationship goals with Leo/Marc Lyman and Elvie/Rose Santos that are just so fun to read and write.

15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    EC/EC OTPs are
    Han/Leia & Luke & Mara for SW and Nyota/Spock for Trek -- duh. :D [face_love]

EC/OC: I have a slew!

Bree/Blue from @divapilot
    Ezra/Mara from @Raissa Baiard
    Zeb/Shulma from @Findswoman and LAST BUT NOT NOT LEAST
    Thrawn/Ayesha from @Chyntuck

There isn't an ^:)^ emote fat enough for how much much! I love these!

16. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    My entry for the "We've come through a lot together" challenge is up in NSWFF.

I think it will be fine for anyone who doesn't know The West Wing as it's almost all OCs, but I've included a bit of a primer for that and the universe in which the story fits.

The Sound of Love

17. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    (Board, Y U DO DIS?)

Last edited: Feb 17, 2018
  18. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    I too find it hard to believe that one or both of them is not an EC.

And I still have a crush on that dude. Darn it! [face_blush]

Gonna read one of these days. :) I should not be making promises after the great fail of December 2017, but yeah - gonna try. [face_blush]

Not sure who wins here.

Wait. Wait. This.is.a.thing. http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Robosexual

May I be damned! [face_rofl] IT'S REAL. AND IT MAKES SENSE. :bb8:

19. Captain Rakkaus

Captain Rakkaus Jedi Master star 2

Oct 4, 2015
    If I'm not wrong, we have had three responses to this challenge so far?! And from what I have seen, they're darn awesome! Also, they were written by people who have not won this challenge, one single time, which is extra-awesome. [face_dancing][face_dancing][face_dancing]

Since the coming week and next Monday are going to be VERY busy for me and fanfic-wise I want to focus on overdue comments, I am hereby extending the deadline until March 07th. If anybody else can come up with a story before then, it's great. If not, I guess I should...have enough time to make a wittier voting post, instead of copying and pasting again? [face_monkey]

I'll probably finish my own response, too; but I do not want it to be a part of the competition, as it will be more of an action than a romance story.

Also, for those who cannot seem to be inspired by this particular challenge, feel free to use any of the two non-competitive ones and the old ones as prompts. :) They're here.

20. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    This came across my Twitter feed today, and I thought I'd post it here for extra inspiration for the Elderly Love challenge if anyone's still interested (spoiler tag for size).

[​IMG]

21. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
  22. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard FFoF Artist Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Nov 22, 1999
    I promised myself I wasn’t going to jump around in my timeline any more, but what the heck... :p I needed to write this one:
    Nothing’s More Important

23. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    So, long(ish) story short, I had an idea for this challenge, but the muse just could not do it justice (I tried it like 5 times and each time I got like less than 200 words in before giving up). But it's okay, because Mav and I have a freaky mind meld and without even telling her any details (other than the like 1 paragraph in another fic I wrote before Christmas we both got the idea from) she pretty much wrote the fic I couldn't make work (which I love). But now I have an idea on how to continue her fic. As tempted as I am to try to write it in the next 4(ish) days, it isn't going to happen (though I may try).

However, there is an element in it that could be turned into a totally fun, completely different challenge, so I'm going to send the sock a PM.

24. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    I have a question regarding our current OTP challenge:
    I've written a potential entry for our current OTP pairing challege about "We've come through a lot together", though its not a OS/single story but a chapter as part of my mainfanfic.
    Now I'm wondering if thatworks as part of the challenge?

Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
  25. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Yes, it does. :)

Captain Rakkaus and Anedon like this.