main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters ♡ The OTP & Pairing Thread ♡ | Challenge #34 Posted: Sonnets Roulette! (4/17, p. 92, #2282)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Captain Rakkaus, Oct 5, 2015.

1. Captain Rakkaus

Captain Rakkaus Jedi Master star 2

Oct 4, 2015
    All righty, everyone, it’s VOTING TIME for Challenge #25: The OTP Thread Challenge of Challenges! Check out our eight (8) awesome votable story entries:

The Beast and the Beauty by @Anedon (Eryl Besa and OC Francesco de Comte)
    All's Coming Along Nicely by @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha (OC Sevrina and Kyp Durron)
    The Story So Far by @Gabri_Jade (OCs Ronan and Nadira Jade)
    We Make Our Own Luck by @ViariSkywalker (Tahiri Veila and OC Demetrius Ulin)
    Us Time by @Starith (comic; Anakin Skywalker and Padmé Amidala Skywalker)
    Things You Said in the Dark by @Tarsier (NSW: L&OOC; Jet and Malachi)
    A Red Disaster by @earlybird-obi-wan (OCs Tarko and Kaia)
    The Briar and the Rose by @Kit' (OCs Nicco D'ladame and Bryer Ducat)

Alright To Keep It Light Now by amidalachick
    A Year in Birthdays by devilinthedetails

Here's what to do: PM your vote to this sock by 11:59 pm PST on July 19 (two weeks from today).

Here's what not to do: vote more than once, vote for yourself, vote using a sock as well as your normal account, vote for something that's not on this list or that is not votable, etc., etc. But you know that!

Here's when the winner will be announced: on or about July 20 (barring all RL catastrophe).

Happy reading and voting to all, and thanks so much for making our 25th challenge a success! :)

2. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    This argument surfaces over and over and over throughout the years. I agree that popular pairings often get more reads and votes. What I don't agree with is that we are voting for our friends and this is an author popularity contest. Over a decade ago I decided to prove it doesn't matter who wrote the story by creating a new sock and not telling anybody about it. I then wrote challenges under that new name. It became apparent that certain readers enjoyed reading about certain pairings. The same readers that liked my L/M stories commented on my sock's L/M stories. My sock even won a couple challenges despite the fact that nobody knew that my sock and Jedi_Lover were one-and-the-same.

It is unfortunate that OC and relatively unknown SW characters are not read as much, but people read what they want to read. The only way to make this completely fair is to tell voters they can only vote if they read every submission. I don't think that is reasonable.

I know how you feel. My Tantiss family series of stories weren't read by many people. I sometimes think only one or two people other than myself actually read the stories. Despite that fact I kept writing because I grew to love the characters. Some of my favorite stories that I wrote are the least popular. It is what it is.

3. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    This is still a sore spot for me, and I wish you had not quoted me. In fact, I hate it having to be brought up, and I am exhausted of trying to fit in with the in crowd.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2022
    Anedon likes this.
  4. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    First of all: let us indeed let bygones be bygones. This issue was already amply addressed by the mods and other users some time ago, and as the host of this thread I really think that should settle it. (And also, again, no one needs to feel pressured to "fit in with the crowd” if they don’t want to! If you do your own thing and are happy with it, that is a win right there!)

And now, the main reason I came here: to let you all know that there is one (1) week left to vote in challenge #25, people! Get 'em in by July 19!

5. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    And now we’re at the three (3)-day mark! Three days to get your votes in for OTP challenge #25! :D

Kahara and Nehru_Amidala like this.
  6. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    And today is the last day to get votes in! Aaaalmost theeere! :cool:

Kahara and WarmNyota_SweetAyesha like this.
  7. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    Hello again, everyone! The votes are in, and I'm pleased to announce that the OTP Challenge of Challenges has a winner:

Congratulations to Kit' on a wonderful winning story, and well done to all our fabulous contributors! What a superb bunch of stories we had—thank you all so much! =D=

I'm in the process of evaluating possibilities for the next challenge; you can expect that to be up in early August.

Thank you all once again for your wonderful work and for being a wonderful community! :)

Kahara, Kit', Mira_Jade and 6 others like this.
  8. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    Congratulations to @Kit' and a round of applause to all who participated in the challenge!=D=

Thanks as well to @Captain Rakkaus who runs this challenge and keeps providing us all with lovely, romantic inspiration[face_love]

9. ViariSkywalker

ViariSkywalker Kessel Run Hostess and Champion star 4 VIP - Game Winner VIP - Game Host

Aug 9, 2002
    Congratulations, @Kit'! =D= And great job to all the participants as well! [face_love]

10. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    Congratulations, @Kit'! Always good to see such a wide variety of stories in response to a challenge :cool:

11. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Congratulations @Kit' Love your characters

Kahara, Kit', amidalachick and 4 others like this.
  12. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Congratulations, @Kit, and a hearty round of applause to everyone who wrote such awesome stories for the challenge! You're all rockstars! =D= =D=

13. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Yes, congratulations to @Kit' on your win—wonderful job and wonderful characters! =D= And what an amazing turnout by everyone who was part of this challenge. It was great to see so many fab stories! :)

14. amidalachick

amidalachick FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 5 VIP - Game Host

Aug 3, 2003
    Congratulations @Kit'! =D=

A big round of applause to all the participants, and many thanks to @Captain Rakkaus for all the work you put into these awesome challenges! =D=:)

15. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 1999
    Oh wow! Thank you guys so much, I'm so happy my little OC pairing won :) I've had a pretty...uh...*interesting* last couple of weeks and a pretty ordinary Friday so to get a flurry of notifications (my Tapatalk has also been down - extra fun times!) was really lovely! Thank you :D YAY!

I also want to add to the massive round of applause to all the participants. The quality of stories was amazing - everyone is super talented!

Also thank you to @Captain Rakkaus for your amazing work organising this. You are a true legend and a treasure! :D :D

16. Kahara

Kahara FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Mar 3, 2001
    Congrats, @Kit' on a fantastic story! [face_dancing] And kudos to all of the participants -- I enjoyed every single one of the entries and it was great to see so many. @};-

17. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    Hey, everybody, time for a new challenge! I am pleased to present:

OTP Challenge #26: The Double Date Challenge!

Write a story featuring two (2) couples/OTPs interacting with each other! Despite the title of the challenge, it doesn't have to be a literal double date unless you'd like to be—you can feel to write about any situation or scenario, serious or humorous, in which two different couples (any two!) interact. (And of course it has to be TOS-friendly, as well, but you know that!)

Stories will be due in a little over eight (8) weeks, on 11:59 PM (23:59) Pacific Time on Wednesday, September 28.

Challenge Index
    Two Twins by earlybird-obi-wan (OCs Tarko Sanek and Kaia Raamar, OCs Rihan Shellan and Jasyna Raamar)
    A Dinner with Friends by Anedon (OCs Ulrika Grau and Elena Kyr, OCs Ilona Malek and Tobin Redan)
    Love Sifus and Ice Sculptures by devilinthedetails (NSW: ATLA; Suki and Sokka, Aang and Katara)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2022
  18. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    Sign me up for this one! I have a few ideas for this one, and I can finally get around to writing a Kallus/Zeb story.

amidalachick, Kahara and Anedon like this.
  19. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Kessel Run Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

May 11, 2016
    I’m thinking about at least one queer couple as well.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2022
  20. Kahara

Kahara FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Mar 3, 2001
    Going to see if I can work this prompt into a drabble set or short, it sounds so fun! Of course, no guarantee it'll happen but worth a try.

amidalachick and Findswoman like this.
  21. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    And here is the first chapter of two twins with my couples Tarko Sanek and Kaia Raamar, Rihan Shellan and Jasyna Raamar

22. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    Wonderful! Our challenge’s very first entry—got it in the list now! :)

amidalachick, Kahara and Mira_Jade like this.
  23. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    Me again—looks like we’re at the one-month mark, about halfway through our challenge. Stories are due September 28!

amidalachick, Kahara and Mira_Jade like this.
  24. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    And now there are two (2) weeks left! Can’t wait to see what may come in! :)

25. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    'Two twins' is completed

Findswoman , Kahara and Tarsier like this.