main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters ♡ The OTP & Pairing Thread ♡ | Challenge #34 Posted: Sonnets Roulette! (4/17, p. 92, #2282)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Captain Rakkaus, Oct 5, 2015.

1. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    @Pandora congratulations on your win, my friend! And another amazing showing by all who took part! =D=

Kahara, Pandora, Mira_Jade and 5 others like this.
  2. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    Congrats to @Pandora and well done by all who took part=D=

Excited for the next challenge to be revealed[face_dancing]

Kahara, Pandora, Mira_Jade and 5 others like this.
  3. ViariSkywalker

ViariSkywalker Chosen One star 4

Aug 9, 2002
    Congratulations, @Pandora! =D= A great response to both the bingo challenge and the KR prompt. ;) [face_love]

Kahara, amidalachick, Pandora and 6 others like this.
  4. UltramassiveUbersue

UltramassiveUbersue Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 7, 2022
    Congratulations, @Pandora! =D=[face_party]

And to all the participants, you guys did an amazing job, and I'm excited to see how your muses strike you with the next challenge. :)

Kahara, amidalachick, Pandora and 5 others like this.
  5. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
  6. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    Congrats @Pandora, that was really an extraordinary story! And congrats to everyone else, this was a fantastic crop of entries. You all rock!

=D=

Kahara, amidalachick, Pandora and 5 others like this.
  7. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    Congratulations, @Pandora! :cool: And great work from everyone else, too :D

Kahara, amidalachick, Pandora and 6 others like this.
  8. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Woohoo! Well done, @Pandora, and everyone who participated - as always! [face_dancing] =D= [:D]

I can't wait to see what the next challenge has in store for us. :cool:

Kahara, amidalachick, Pandora and 4 others like this.
  9. Pandora

Pandora Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 13, 2005
    Thanks, everyone.

Here--have a picture of Ric Olié posing manfully against the background of an enormous cat:

And good show to everyone else who participated!

10. Captain Rakkaus

Captain Rakkaus Jedi Master star 2

Oct 4, 2015
    And it’s new challenge time once again! I’m pleased to announce...

OTP Challenge #29: Destination Events!

For this challenge, once again, I thank @ViariSkywalker, who has a real talent for coming up with these romance challenges. Thank you once again, Vi! :)

We are back to the good old double-roulette format for this challenge. You’ll use Random.org or another random number generator to choose two numbers from 1 to 10—one from column A, and one from column B. This will give you (a) an event for your OTP to be present at together, and (b) the planet in the SW universe where this event will take place!

Column A: Event
    1. Wedding
    2. Death or funeral
    3. Birth
    4. Reunion
    5. Battle
    6. Religious/mystical ceremony
    7. First date
    8. Shopping trip
    9. Sporting event
    10. Freeform!

Column B: Planet
    1. Naboo
    2. Tatooine
    3. Chandrila
    4. Nal Hutta
    5. Corellia
    6. Yavin
    7. Contruum
    8. Saleucami
    9. Coruscant
    10. Freeform!

Some important points to keep in mind:
    • Since we haven’t had the “throw a dice” function on these boards for a long time, it’s onorhay ystemsay on the andomray umbernay. ;)
    • It’s OK if more than one person get the same numbers or combinations of numbers.
    • Yes, I’m afraid the choice of planets in column B means that this one is specifically geared toward SW this time around; sorry about that! The exception, however, is if you end up with “Freeform” in column B—see below.
    • ”Freeform” in either column is exactly what it sounds like: you can choose any event or any planet/location, and it can be one of the ones on the list or one that’s not on the list at all. (And, again, in the case of locations, that could be one outside the GFFA, if you like!)
    • And, finally, you’ll have our usual eight (8) weeks to write. Stories come due on Friday, May 26, at 11:59pm (23:59).
    [face_dancing] Happy writing, everyone! [face_dancing]

Main Challenge Index
    Surprise Reunion in Theed by devilinthedetails (Padmé Amidala and Palo Jemabie)
    Reunion on Corellia by earlybird-obi-San (OCs Jarin Keana and Elsi Bel Innis)
    A Fun Date by UltramassiveUbersue (Mara Jade and Lando Calrissian)

Ad-Hoc Entries
    With This Ring by Raissa Baiard (OC Wren Ordo and Kazuda Xiono)

Last edited: May 27, 2023
  11. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Ooooh, nice! Thanks for the awesome challenge, @ViariSkywalker! (And @Captain Rakkaus for hosting this thread, as always! [:D])

The dice of fate gave me #7. First Date, and #3. Chandrila! Lemme see what I can do with that. [face_thinking]

12. Vek Talis

Vek Talis Jedi Master star 3

Oct 12, 2018
    [face_hypnotized] [face_hypnotized] [face_hypnotized] [face_hypnotized] [face_hypnotized] [face_hypnotized] [face_hypnotized] [face_hypnotized] [face_hypnotized] [face_hypnotized] [face_hypnotized] [face_hypnotized] [face_hypnotized] [face_hypnotized] [face_hypnotized] [face_hypnotized] [face_hypnotized] [face_hypnotized]

So. Many. OCs. So. Much. Stimulus.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

[face_dunno]

Well, if you gotta go... go with a smile.

:)

Random.org gave me 6 & 1... Wow, isn't that something: Religious/mystical ceremony on Naboo. One of my favorite places.

I'll see what I can come up with. :p

EDIT: I might list out my OCs, and let Random.org decide for me, lol.

EDIT - EDIT: Well, THAT was a brilliant idea... my answer for which of my OCs, thanks to Random is... well, it's Nonya, Nonya Business. :p Not until it's written. But yeah, left me shaking my head, lol - :rolleyes: :eek: 8-}

Last edited: Mar 31, 2023
  13. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    This challenge was apparently very inspirational for my muse because I have managed to put together my entry already[face_dancing]

My column A roll was Reunion, and my column B planet was Naboo. Which meant that Padme and Palo instantly sprang to mind for me, and I created this story:

Surprise Reunion in Theed

It can be read as a slight AU since Padme and Palo's paths don't immediately diverge as soon as he decides he is more interested in his art than politics, but the main focus is on romantic fluff and mush[face_love]

14. Kahara

Kahara Chosen One star 4

Mar 3, 2001
    Congrats @Pandora , and kudos to all the writers. @};-=D=

And I can't wait to see what I get for my numbers, but I probably should at least wait till I've got my current project finished. (It looks like a fantastic challenge! :D )

15. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    The dice gave me 4 Reunion and 5 Corellia

16. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    I have two neglected WIPs that I really need to turn my attention to now that the KR is nearly over, but just in case inspiration strikes: I got 4, Reunion, and 1, Naboo, hmm hmm [face_thinking]

17. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard Chosen One star 4

Nov 22, 1999
    I have an ad-hoc entry for the challenge, With This Ring, featuring my OC Wren Ordo and Kazuda Xiono. The event and location are “proposal” and “Lothal”; I knew I wasn’t like to roll two 10s, but I’ve had this story on the backburner for a long time, and I thought that submitting it for this challenge could be the extra-hard kick in the shebs I need to finally finish it;)

18. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
  19. Vek Talis

Oct 12, 2018
    I know you can, @Nehru_Amidala :D I look forward to reading what you come up with.

20. UltramassiveUbersue

UltramassiveUbersue Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 7, 2022
    #7 & #9!
    A first date on Coruscant. Should be fun!

21. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    I got 7 and 9, first date on Coruscant. Mushy Vampire/Thrawn and Leia! Now, the bigger question is… soundtrack options.

22. Vek Talis

Oct 12, 2018
  23. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
  24. Captain Rakkaus

Captain Rakkaus Jedi Master star 2

Oct 4, 2015
    Just got the index updated! Wow, how amazing is it that we’ve got one competitive and one ad-hoc entry already, both before the halfway point of the challenge! Which is roughly today, by the way: there is now one (1) month left, with stories coming due on May 26. :)

25. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006