main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters ♡ The OTP & Pairing Thread ♡ | Challenge #34 Posted: Sonnets Roulette! (4/17, p. 92, #2282)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Captain Rakkaus, Oct 5, 2015.

1. Captain Rakkaus

Captain Rakkaus Jedi Master star 2

Oct 4, 2015
    Got it in the index, earlybird! Thanks so much and glad to have you in the challenge. :)

And now just a quick announcement that we have two (2) weeks left before stories are due on May 26! :cool:

Last edited: May 23, 2023
  2. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    And now there’s just one (1) week left before our challenge wraps up! It’s down to the wire now! :cool:

3. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    And now just three (3) days to get stories in for May 26! Anyone else? :D

devilinthedetails likes this.
  4. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    And today is the day! Any remaining stories that come in by the end of today PST will be included in the voting, which will go up tomorrow. :cool:

5. UltramassiveUbersue

UltramassiveUbersue Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 7, 2022
    Alright, I got mine done at last. :) Here's "A Fun Date", in which Mara is having a low-key existential crisis in a nice Coruscanti restaurant while Lando is late for their first date.

6. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    Great! Got it in our index—thanks so much! And now we are up to three. Voting post coming momentarily! :D

7. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    All right, everyone! The stories are in, and it is now voting time for our Destination Events challenge! We have three awesome stories from which to choose:

Surprise Reunion in Theed by devilinthedetails (Padmé Amidala and Palo Jemabie)
    Reunion on Corellia by earlybird-obi-San (OCs Jarin Keana and Elsi Bel Innis)
    A Fun Date by UltramassiveUbersue (Mara Jade and Lando Calrissian)

With This Ring by Raissa Baiard (OC Wren Ordo and Kazuda Xiono)

As usual, there are two (2) weeks to send in your votes to this sock, so votes are due by the end of the day PST on June 10. The winner will be announced at the end of that time, and the next challenge will go up shortly thereafter. And of course you all know the rules for fair voting! ;)

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2023
  8. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    Me again! There’s now one (1) more week left to vote on the three (3) awesome stories in this challenge! See the post directly above for details. :)

9. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    And me yet again, announcing that we’re down to three (3) days for voting. Get ’em in! :D

10. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    And today is the last day to send votes in! Almost there—let’s see what we get! :D

11. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
  12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
  13. Kahara

Kahara Chosen One star 4

Mar 3, 2001
    Congrats to both winners! [face_party]And a big kudos to all participants -- as usual I'm about 20-30 years behind on comments but I did read and enjoy every single entry this round.

14. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
  15. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    Thank you so much, everyone! And now, once again, it is time for a new challenge. This one is is a very straightforward one, provided by @Chyntuck (thank you so much, Chyn!):

OTP Challenge #30: An Old Flame
    That’s all there is to it! Again, stories are due in eight (8) weeks, on Monday, August 7, at 11:59 pm (23:59) PST. TOS and all usual rules apply, as you know. Let’s see what all you fine OTPists come up with! :cool:

Main Challenge Index
    The Dead Lovers of Mykr by Mira Grau (Eryl Besa and Raynar Thul)
    Nostalgic Keepsakes by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha (Leia and OC teen crush; Han/Leia)
    The Fair and the First Flame by devilinthedetails (Owen and Aika Lars)
    Thoughts on the Loved by earlybird-obi-wan (Obi-Wan Kenobi, Satine Kryze, Siri Tachi)

Last edited: Jul 20, 2023
  16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Oh this looks scrumptious! I have a question though. Does the story have to feature the 'old flame' while the relationship is still on or can it be after the fact and one half of the OTP is already with the one they're destined for. ;)

17. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    That's a good question; I'm going page @Chyntuck and let her answer that, since she was the proposer of the challenge. :)

18. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    I hadn't even thought of the ex post facto option @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha! I guess anything goes, really, and it could certainly make for a great story.

Now to see how I'm going to find time to write a story for this, what with the Olympics and all...

Last edited: Jun 12, 2023
  19. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha - you took the words right out of my mouth with that question, because I have ideas if my muse and DRL will allow. [face_mischief] So thank you for your answer, @Chyntuck, and for the awesome challenge idea to begin with. :D

I also have to extend a belated round of applause to @devilinthedetails and @UltramassiveUbersue for your shared win! Congratulations! =D=

20. UltramassiveUbersue

UltramassiveUbersue Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 7, 2022
    Thank you so much for making me win a thing, guys! :D And congrats to my co-winner, @devilinthedetails!

This new challenge looks like fun-- I look forward to reading what you all come up with! :)

21. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003
  22. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
  23. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016

That actually looks like an intresting new challenge.

24. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    Thank you for the kind words, everyone![:D]

A big round of applause and congratulations to @UltramassiveUbersue as well=D=

Kudos and well done to all who participated in the challenge[face_dancing]

And I'm very excited for this upcoming one as well! I'm thinking of writing something featuring Cliegg Lars, but we'll see how cooperative my muse proves to be:p

25. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    I actually have at least two pairings of ex´s that could be intresting but will probably go with Raynar and Eryl. That brings me to a question tough, does the story need to take place during the relationship? Or can it be at a later date them looking back at what could have been?