main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters ♡ The OTP & Pairing Thread ♡ | Challenge #33 is up: How They Met! (1/28, p. 90, #2231)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Captain Rakkaus, Oct 5, 2015.

1. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Anakin Solo/Tahiri Veila.
    Zayne Carrick/Jarael
    Obi-Wan/Siri Tachi
    Zare/Merei.
    Jaina/Jag.
    Jacen/Tenel Ka

If romance happens, it happens.
    If it doesn't, it doesn't.

I'm game with whatever I find interesting.
    Those couples, other couples. The OT era onwards. Time travel, re-dos of ROTS. 1 shots, Epics,
    Whatever.

2. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Did we ever get that promised challenge?

Cuz I have sooooooo much free time these days.....grrrrrrr

Chyntuck likes this.
  3. Goodwood

Goodwood Jedi Master star 5

May 11, 2011
    Hahaha, someone is bored! [face_rofl]

4. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Lol actually I'm looking for a distraction between my course I'm taking and my 9 hr a day plus weekends job. Plus I'm curious as to what kind of challenge this thread might generate.

5. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    I am starting to consider the idea of doing early fic for my pairing, so might partake in a challenge.

Are non-SW pairings excluded from this thread?

6. Goodwood

Goodwood Jedi Master star 5

May 11, 2011
    I guess there could be a challenge involving a possible "Dear John" letter...

7. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Don't those generally involve the ending of a pairing?

8. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    One member of the OTP was forced to end it but the other member says no and goes after the first member.

9. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Ah-ha.

A bit more of a robust response in the GFFA, than what I have seen on British tv. Some of our own series, plus, at least one instance in Sex in the City, the recipient of the Dear John basically moaned to his/her friends at the callous delivery of the message.

Cheers, Force Smuggler.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  10. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Some Kimberly/Tommy Power Rangers fan-fiction do it. Kim was forced to write a Dear John letter by someone in Florida and then Tommy goes there and figures out what happened. Sometimes it took longer for that to happen but I've seen some good ones.

11. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    I have initiated a story for my pairing, in response to a challenge entry elsewhere.

12. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    The main OTP that I write is Ben Skywalker/Seha Dorvald, with Luke/Mara and Kanan/Hera being most excellent and Jacen/Tenel Ka and Anakin/Tahiri of course being absolute necessities. Jaina's pairing I vary based on the story but I usually do Jaina/Jag and in my newest fic I've got Jaina/OC.

And with VII I think I'll most likely be a rabid Finn/Rey 'shipper, for sure.

13. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Err, you know that before we even know in what way they are or are not related?

14. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    I'm on the Rey/Finn train already as well just based on Daisy and John. They call each other "peanut," how cute is that?

I'm not going to go all in of course until we find out they're not related (which is probably why Revan said "most likely" and not "definitely").

Revanfan1 and Chyntuck like this.
  15. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    I have trouble connecting actors to the characters they play, I guess. And trouble caring what people whom I don't know in person say to each other, how they look like in public etc.

I can do it the other way round, though, without any problem - a character inspired by somebody I know well enough (as in, not from seeing their poses in pictures and assuming what they're like with the person they smiled to); so I guess it comes down to deduction and induction. :)

16. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    See, I'm the opposite, I'm often inspired by the actors for the characters they play, which is why I tend to always faceclaim/fancast my OCs. I find it more comfortable *because* I don't know them, there's distance there that I can project characters onto. (To be clear, I'm not talking about real person shipping, which is creepy and gross).

People I know in real life? No way, too close to home, I find it uncomfortable and it interferes with the writing process.

17. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    I can totally see where your logic comes from. I guess my POV may be slightly less common because I was saying things about somebody who is nowadays a small scale celebrity (lead singer in a relatively popular indie all-girl-band) and she saw those things, then proceeded to harass me for two years.

With people I know, I can mix-and-match and not directly do anything like "I hate uncle Rob, so he'll be a baby molester in my story". I assume that adds a new dimension here, as in, I don't transfer RL people to stories word for word.

JadeLotus likes this.
  18. SiouxFan

SiouxFan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 6, 2012
    I'm trying to get into Kanan/Hera, but he's just too angsty. He's what, 30? I think I surprise no one by saying Jacen/Tenel Ka are my OTP. Loved Luke/Mara in all of Zahn's books, but everyone else seems to screw them up.

Nyota's Heart and Chyntuck like this.
  19. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Can anyone recommend a "young love" or "initial steps" fic on here that I can take a look at?

I think I'm about to do Yavinelf and Isard's first moments alone, and I need data.

20. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    My Ewoks ones have that as a subplot.

Also, K'Tai qel Letta-Tanku is a master at handling this in a subtle, realistic way. :)

21. Captain Rakkaus

Captain Rakkaus Jedi Master star 2

Oct 4, 2015
    Challenge Time!! - Challenge #1

Your first challenge is something a little atypical - write your OTP (or one of them) having an argument, a disagreement, facing a challenge, or encountering a rough patch in their relationship. However, they do not solve the problem in the end. How does this affect them individually? How does it affect them together? How do they feel? What do they try to do for damage control? Do they stay together or fall apart? All important questions!

The challenge will close in 10 weeks (January 31, 2016), then voting will begin and last 2 weeks. Once you finish your story, please post a link in here so it can be entered into voting. :)
    If you need any clarification, feel free to ask!

Good luck!

Kahara, mavjade and Ewok Poet like this.
  22. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    Captain Rakkaus Can entries for the challenge be a chapter of an on-going fic, or would you rather we keep it to standalone works?

Captain Rakkaus likes this.
  23. Captain Rakkaus

Captain Rakkaus Jedi Master star 2

Oct 4, 2015

Chapters of on-going fics are fine, just please provide a link here and a little notice at the top of the chapter, if possible. :)

Ewok Poet and Chyntuck like this.
  24. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    I have already initiated a fic to take my pair beyond the one or two existing pieces that they already have to their name.

Though in my equivalent of head canon, Ysanne and Yav's relationship can stand the test of time, I don't really want to explore it, so I won't be partaking in this challenge.

25. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    I'd like to clarify (though I am on mobile at the moment), that the unsolved issues do not have to remain unsolved forever. In case that wasn't clarified enough by the other post. :)

EDIT: Further clarification, the issue can be internal, external, or a conflict between the two.

Ewok Poet likes this.