main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters ♡ The OTP & Pairing Thread ♡ | Challenge #34 Posted: Sonnets Roulette! (4/17, p. 92, #2282)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Captain Rakkaus, Oct 5, 2015.

1. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
  2. Captain Rakkaus

Captain Rakkaus Jedi Master star 2

Oct 4, 2015
    All right, everybody! OTP Challenge #9 has a winner, and that winner is:

Black Is the Color by @divapilot

Heartiest congratulations to diva—you’ll get your name and story title in the title of this thread for a week (as soon as a mod or admin changes it, of course)! Kudos to all who participated, and gratitude to all the readers—all of you made this a fantastic challenge. =D=

Last edited: Jan 23, 2019
  3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_dancing] =D= Congratulations divapilot @};- :D

4. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard Chosen One star 4

Nov 22, 1999
    Congratulations @divapilot! And bravo to everyone who wrote stories. It was a really tough choice this time!

5. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Felicitations, @divapilot, on a wonderful win! [face_party] And much, much kudos to all who took part in this challenge. You all really rose to it—this was truly a wonderful batch of stories all around. =D=

6. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Congrats, @divapilot - that was a sublime entry.

Well done to all the writers; the quality of your creations made it so hard to choose a winner.

Thanks to the readers, and reviewers.

That was a great challenge. As a fairly amateur OTP'er, writing with half the pair missing, was quite daunting and hard to get a handle on.

7. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Thank you, guys! That was some tough competition. I honestly didn't think I would win that! Great entries all around.

:)

8. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Congrats diva!

I'm looking forward to the next challenge and hoping my muse decides it wants to cooperate this time.

9. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Congratulations, @divapilot!! [face_party] [face_dancing] =D= That was a wonderful story shining out from many such wonderful stories! Really, what a wonderful round of OTP fiction that was as a whole! [face_love] [face_dancing]

I too can't wait for the next challenge, and a hopefully more cooperative muse, as well. :p [face_mischief]

Vek Talis, Kahara and Findswoman like this.
  10. Kahara

Kahara Chosen One star 4

Mar 3, 2001
  11. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    And here, dear friends, is our next challenge:

OTP Thread Challenge #10: DATE NITE GON RONG

In the life of every couple, there are those perfect evenings out, those ideal moments of togetherness and bonding. And then, again, there are those that are—well, anywhere from not quite perfect to outright disastrous, but still eminently memorable. This challenge, as you probably guessed from its name, will focus on the latter, and it goes like this:

Choose (with or without a random number generator) a number from one (1) to fifteen (15). You are welcome to do so publicly within this thread this time.

You will then receive one of the following plot points (but note that this list is not necessarily in order by number):

Dumb remark(s) by at least one partner
    One partner's ex shows up
    Ill-timed comm call from family member
    Raid by opposing political faction
    Employer or other professional associate shows up
    Chatty friend shows up
    Family member shows up
    Bar brawl/firefight
    Food-related disaster/emergency (though please nothing too gross)
    Stranger butts into conversation
    Wardrobe malfunction
    Technical/mechanical emergency
    Ill-timed comm call from employer or other professional associate
    Animal-related disaster/emergency (though please nothing too gross)
    Fall or injury

Then write a story in which your couple's date or other romantic encounter/moment goes terribly wrong because of that plot point. I’ll list the plot points, their recipients, and eventually the stories in the index below.

Just one writer per number for this challenge, please. But as always, you are welcome to ask for a new number if you feel your original one doesn't work for you.

Per usual procedure, this challenge will run for ten weeks, so stories will be due on Wednesday, April 10, 2019. A two-week voting period will follow.

Enjoy, happy writing, and as always, just ask if you have any questions! :)

Index
    1. mavjade: Bar brawl/firefight: Mayor Lyman in Bar Fight, Two Arrested (NSW: The West Wing, featuring OCs Leo Lyman and Marc Lyman)
    2. Anedon: Raid by opposing political faction: A Noble's Duty (featuring OCs Evan Malek and Meve Tarkin)
    3. divapilot: Dumb remark(s) by at least one partner
    4. Vek Talis: One partner’s ex shows up: Oh, My Head (featuring OCs Britmar Seclu and Uanaso)
    5. Kahara: Stranger butts into conversation
    6. Nehru_Amidala: Employer or other professional associate shows up
    7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha: Chatty friend shows up: Something There Between Us (NSW: Star Trek, featuring Amanda and Sarek)
    8. Mira_Jade: Technical/mechanical emergency: All That's Unsung (featuring Padmé Amidala/Anakin Skywalker and Rex/Ahsoka Tano)
    9. Briannakin: Wardrobe malfunction: Falling Apart at the Seams (featuring OCs Prince Pan and Teilo Kunsa)
    10. Findswoman: Food-related disaster/emergency (though please nothing too gross)
    11. Pandora: Animal-related disaster/emergency (though please nothing too gross)
    12. TheRynJedi: Family member shows up: An Evening Out, a Night In (featuring OCs Sennah and Danyal)
    13. Raissa Baiard: Ill-timed comm call from employer or other professional associate: Do Not Disturb (featuring Kanan Jarrus and Hera Syndulla)
    14. Sith-I-5: Ill-timed comm call from family member: Spoon Raiding (featuring Ysanne Isard and OC Yavinelf Dangerrescue)
    15. Jedi_Lover: Fall or injury: Once Bitten (featuring Mara Jade and Luke Skywalker)

Ad-hoc/unofficial entries:
    Mira_Jade: Technical/mechanical emergency: Build Our Hopes Again (NSW: My Hero Academia, featuring Toshinori Yagi and Inko Midoriya)
    brodiew: Wardrobe malfunction: Fish out of Water (featuring Rey and OC Ansyn Turlock)

Last edited: Apr 9, 2019
  12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Oh, no! This is rife with all kinds of ... entertainment! [face_mischief] One question though: Can we write about the aftermath of the derailment as well? E.g., how the couple salvages the evening in spite of the interruption? [face_dancing]

Kahara and Vek Talis like this.
  13. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Answering as myself since now on mobile:

Yes, certainly! It is totally up to each author whether the occasion gets salvaged or not, and how, and that can definitely be part of the story. :D

Kahara and Vek Talis like this.
  14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
  15. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    I want 9.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard Chosen One star 4

Nov 22, 1999
    I will take lucky number 13, please :D

17. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Oooh, #8 for me! Please and thank you! [face_batting] I'm not taking no for an answer from my muse this time. :p

18. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    All righty doo! First batch of numbers going out:

@WarmNyota_SweetAyesha: #7 is Chatty friend shows up.

@Nehru_Amidala: #9 is Wardrobe malfunction.

@Raissa Baiard: #13 is Ill-timed comm call from employer or other professional associate.

@Mira_Jade: #8 is Technical/mechanical emergency.

Enjoy, and have fun! :D Adding these to the index right now...

19. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    www.random.org gave me no. 10, which by my list appears to be:

Food-related disaster/emergency (though please nothing too gross)

Adding that to the list now, too...

20. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    #3 please! This looks like fun!

21. Vek Talis

Vek Talis Jedi Master star 3

Oct 12, 2018
    Delightful looking challenge. I'll take #4, pretty please? [face_batting]

22. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    And some more!

@divapilot, #3 is Dumb remark(s) by at least one partner.

@Vek Talis, #4 is One partner’s ex shows up.

Adding to list... thank you all! :)

23. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_party] And so the FUN begins! [face_rofl]

Kahara, Vek Talis and Findswoman like this.
  24. Vek Talis

Vek Talis Jedi Master star 3

Oct 12, 2018
    Could that one be anymore fun?/Chandler Bing [face_mischief]

25. Pandora

Pandora Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 13, 2005
    Here's to the whims of the roulette: #11.

Kahara, Vek Talis and Findswoman like this.