main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters ♡ The OTP & Pairing Thread ♡ | Challenge #33 is up: How They Met! (1/28, p. 90, #2231)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Captain Rakkaus, Oct 5, 2015.

1. Captain Rakkaus

Captain Rakkaus Jedi Master star 2

Oct 4, 2015
    Wow, we are at six in-competition entries now, plus one awesome out-of-competition one! Loving this! Index so updated! :D

Last edited: May 13, 2020
  2. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 1999
    I decided to combine this challenge with the dare challenge. For this one I went for number 23. which is things you said [make your own] and so in the spirit of [make your own] it's now (for me at least) 23. Things you said when you were teasing. I came in at exactly 500 words and I hope it works.

Pun away

Forgot to put my couple down - it’s Namia and Taeyn from the USJS timeline so two OC’s

Last edited: May 14, 2020
  3. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    Aaaaand got it in the index! Thanks so much! Loving seeing the stories rolling in. :)

4. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    My entry to the challenge is my newest OTP: Holden/Naomi from The Expanse. I don't think you have to watch to get the story. I actually used two of the prompts to make one 500 word story. If that's stretching the rules too far, the first story can count as my official challenge entry.

I used 31:Things you say right before goodbye and 32: Things you said, right after hello

Don't Tell Me Goodbye

5. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    Got it indexed, @mavjade , thank you so much! And yes, it's totally fine to take inspiration from more than one of the prompts on the list, as long as the whole thing is within the 500-word limit. :)

6. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    After a bit of wresting with my very wordy muse, I was able to finish an entry for the challenge! It's called Know This By Name, featuring Carasynthia Dune and Din Djarin - and it's part of their brand new, very own viggie collection. I used #7: things you said while we were driving. [face_love]

Also! The romance ended up being very subtle in my entry. Although it's definitely there as an undertone, it's more of a pre-OTP piece. If our wonderful hostess decides that it's too subtle, then I am more than happy having my entry be ad-hoc to the challenge. I was just more than happy to participate! :D

Last edited: May 24, 2020
    Sith-I-5, TheRynJedi, Kahara and 4 others like this.
  7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
  8. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    Great! Got them both in. :) @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, I listed your Han/Leia one under "Out of Competition" because you've currently got "Being in the Light" listed in the "In Competition" category right now. Is that all right, or would you like me to reverse them so that the Han/Leia piece is in competition and "Being in the Light" is ad-hoc?

Wowzers, just about exactly a month to go, and already we're up to 9 in-competition entries, plus some! Amazing! :eek:

Last edited: May 20, 2020
  9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    I'd like the Han/Leia to be ad hoc and Being in the Light to stay in competition. :)

10. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard FFoF Artist Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Nov 22, 1999
    Sith-I-5, Kahara, mavjade and 3 others like this.
  11. TheRynJedi

TheRynJedi Jedi Master star 3

Jun 20, 2018
    Taking a quick break from finishing "Crisis of the Heart" to write up a scene that's been floating in my head for a while that fits quite well with the challenge. Added it to my MMM thread, cause it really fits there:
    Things You Said When We Were (finally) Alone

Last edited: May 22, 2020
  12. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    Hooray, @Raissa Baiard and @TheRynJedi ! Got them both added to the index. Wow, we're up to 10 in-competition entries, along with 3 ad-hoc--this has got to be some kind of record, at least for my tenure as sock host! :D

13. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Forgot about this.

I had a go, but 500 words for a single dialogue, was far more than I could achieve.

Reached just 334 words.

Last edited: May 23, 2020
    Kahara likes this.
  14. TheRynJedi

TheRynJedi Jedi Master star 3

Jun 20, 2018
    500 was just the max limit. Mine was 300-400 when I last checked to make sure I wasn't going over.

Edit:
    Checked, only 308 words, lol

Sith-I-5, Findswoman , Kahara and 2 others like this.
  15. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Ah, okay.

Thank you.

I shall read through it, try to re-acquire my theme, wrap it up and post it.

TheRynJedi, Kahara and Findswoman like this.
  16. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    So, it took me some time (probably more than it should have), but I managed a Zeb and Shulma piece of 493 words. It's based on prompt 31, "things you said right before goodbye":

Blumfruit and Queen's Heart

It's also going to be out of competition, as I'm the sock host.

17. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    I wanna do one soooo bad! But none of the prompts are tickling any plot bunnies. The bunnies are super focused right now, which isn't a bad thing, but it means distracting them with something fun like this is pretty much impossible!

18. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    My use of BBCode markup, tends to mess with word counts, so I halted a few short of 500, for
    How'd he get in? Intruder Portal.

493 words. Based on "things you said in the dark". Bring a flashlight.

19. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    Excellent, excellent! Glad to see more rolling in. :) @Sith-I-5, a quick question before I index yours. Which characters do you want listed in the index? It looks like the dialogue is between Rey and Kylo, while the actual couple is Rey and Finn?

And @Briannakin , no worries at all--there's still about a month left till the due date (June 21), so the bunnies will hopefully have plenty of time to do their thing! :D

20. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    @Captain Rakkaus - I think it would make more sense to index it as Rey and Kylo.

21. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
  22. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    This has just been the best batch of entries so far, and there's still a month left to glean even more gems! Voting is going to be especially hard this time around! :oops: [face_thinking]

And, because my muse is apparently on a roll, I wrote an ad hoc entry using prompt #22: things you said after it was over, featuring Cara and Din again. Koja-nut Butter and Meiloorun Jelly, in which parenting hijinks ensue and messes are made. Or, erm, cleaned, I should say. :p

Last edited: May 26, 2020
  23. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    Thanks @Mira_Jade , got it in! (And I'm guessing that's "after it was over" as in "after the end of [momentous happening X]," rather than over between Cara and Din! :p )

24. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Oh, definitely in more of an after the Child"s toddler antics were over, rather than after the end end. I kinda dodged and subverted the meaning in that one. [face_mischief]

Last edited: May 26, 2020
  25. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    My muse has been quite inspired by this challenge... thank goodness! I've written an ad-hoc story as part of a series (Changed the name of the series to "You Said") of these prompts in NSWFF- The Expanse.

This time I used #38 things you said when I was sick - Jim Holden/Naomi Negata
    All Along