main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters ♡ The OTP & Pairing Thread ♡ | Challenge #34 Posted: Sonnets Roulette! (4/17, p. 92, #2282)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Captain Rakkaus, Oct 5, 2015.

1. Captain Rakkaus

Captain Rakkaus Jedi Master star 2

Oct 4, 2015
    All sorted. :)

Is anybody going to contribute to the most recent discussion or did you all sail away, sail away, sail away?

2. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    Just a reminder that there are a little less than five days to vote in the Romcom challenge. I am yet to receive a single ballot.

And yes, there is the fact that four out of seven stories are multi-posts, which makes things difficult, but yeah. :p Anyway, please, vote. :)

3. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard Chosen One star 4

Nov 22, 1999
    Well, Ezra and Mara have only just met, but they've already had a few of these moments...or at least, Ezra has. He puts his foot in his mouth with the first thing says to her, and nearly blows not only his chances with her but the mission for which she is his contact. Then he smoothly orders the Galaxy's most nauseating drink....

It's amazing after all this that Mara invites him back to meet the rest of her team; more awkward moments are sure to ensue.

4. Kahara

Kahara Chosen One star 4

Mar 3, 2001
    I'm definitely going to vote, just waiting until closer to time because of the multi-post stories in progress. Just saying that so people don't think they'll be the one lonely vote or something. :p

5. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    Same as me, I´m still unsure for whom to vote. They are all good fic. :)

Captain Rakkaus, Kahara and Ewok Poet like this.
  6. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Thank you to everyone who left feedback on my attempt. Very much appreciated.

I'm concerned that I will miss the deadline. Due to my personal circumstances, it is too cold to sit there and type and I'm missing entire days.

Though not posted, I have gotten to the phobia, but not the vino veritas thing.

Also, can someone link me to an acceptable bedroom scene so I know what the parameters are?

Kahara and Captain Rakkaus like this.
  7. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014

The Fanfic FAQ gives an example—look in this post for the subheading "Sexual Depictions," and the example is given within a spoiler tag.

8. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    One thing that I feel almost obliged to imply: lots of examples of sex under influence of alcohol or any mind-altering substance is non-consensual.

Kahara and Captain Rakkaus like this.
  9. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Good point.

Captain Rakkaus and Ewok Poet like this.
  10. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    I will try to get a further post up tonight.

Captain Rakkaus and Ewok Poet like this.
  11. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    In order not to rush our three friends who didn't use all the elements in their multi-part stories yet, I am giving y'all a 24 hour extension. for voting. So, for choosing whom you're voting for, you have 3.5 days to go, not 2.5.

The deadline for getting both elements in the story remains 2.5 days.

Totally would not want anybody's awesome romcom story not to be voted for and I hope this will solve the problem, given that three stories still have more to go.

To everybody - the new challenge begins on Monday and is set up to cover a great deal of holidays - the 25th December and January 07th Christmases, the January 01st and January 14th New Year's Day, the Chinese New Year and the Valentine's Day. Wish I could've included Norvuz and International Women's Day, too...and those two Abrahamic New Year's on the other end of the calendar, but you will be more than welcome to invent holidays based on any of those, if you want to so.

Kahara and mavjade like this.
  12. Raissa Baiard

Nov 22, 1999
    I was so excited because I thought this said "voting extension until the 24th" :p

Now I must continue to bust my butt to kill a friend and put Ezra in mortal danger.

ETA: ooh, a chance to do another Life Day story?

13. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    WE LOVE BUTTS. :eek: HUH-HUH, SHE SAID "BUTT".

Beavis, stop hacking my account. You don't exist in this Galaxy, anyway.
    - The Captain

divapilot and Kahara like this.
  14. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014

Do we get more Marzra?

Raissa Baiard and Kahara like this.
  15. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    If I got this right, two of the four stories that didn't have their elements in are complete now and two are not, but the authors did get their elements in.

This said, everybody has some 30 hours left to vote. I have received only one vote so far - which is understandable in this situation, but since this thread is active right now, and pretty much on the top of the page all the time, I don't think we will end with a tie where people received one vote each. So, come and vote for your favourite story! [face_dancing]

Findswoman likes this.
  16. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    I'm on the last leg. Posted the penultimate chapter just now, featuring the phobia element.

Kahara likes this.
  17. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    I thought that the phobia had already been included.

You're ~3.5 hours late...BUT this is also my fault, because I misinterpreted something in one of the earlier chapter as a phobia and assumed it was what it was. Therefore, it's OK and your entry is still eligible. :) And if we ever have a thing with prompts again, I will specify of everybody to do what you did and announce where an element is being included in multi-chapters, in case I don't have the time to go through everything myself. So, you actually taught me something new and cool. Thank you! ^:)^

We have had two votes so far and, well, they would lead us to another awkward tie. :p So, from the timestamp of this post, you have 20 hours and 34 minutes to vote. Do it. And don't forget to comment on the stories you like or - why not - all of them. :)

Findswoman and Kahara like this.
  18. Raissa Baiard

Nov 22, 1999
    Maaaaybe....;)

Kahara and Ewok Poet like this.
  19. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    A reminder that you folks have nine more hours left to vote. Five people voted so far! Can we have six? Seven? Even....*whispers*...eight?

Findswoman and Kahara like this.
  20. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Story complete.

I will get to the feedback posts in time. I think five reviews for one of my pieces is some kind of personal record! Thank you to all who read and commented on it.

Kahara likes this.
  21. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    CHALLENGE #2 - ROMCOM...IN SPACE! - RESULTS

This was a tough race. The writers have surprised us with some pretty amazing stories featuring clever use of the prompts they received.

Five different stories received votes, but one received more than others. Therefore, we have a clear winner this time!

Congratulations, Briannakin ( Word Gets Around) - you have won (again)! I guess we all want to poison those we love every now and then. :D [face_whistling]

A new challenge will be posted tomorrow and it will be far easier - no dice throwing, no lists, no uncommon prompts. Just a bunch of clichés to inspired you.

Suggestions on upcoming challenges? I have rough ideas on the front page, but perhaps yours is better! Don't be shy - send the sock a private message and I will do my best to respond in timely manner. ^_^

22. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Well done, Briannakin, as well as all the writers.

23. Raissa Baiard

Nov 22, 1999
    Congratulations, Briannakin! I have to say, voting was incredibly tough, because there were so many great stories and such a variety of interpretations. =D= =D= =D= to everyone who entered!

24. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Wow! Congratulations, Briannakin, on your well-deserved win! And kudos to all the writers who participated. This was such a fantastic bunch of stories! =D= Looking forward to seeing what the next challenge will be. :)

25. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Wait. What? My pirate-ship won? Well, I guess being bad does really pay :p Hondo thanks you generously. Aurra just rolls her eyes.

Thank you to all the voters, Ewok Poet for running the challenge, and to all my co-participants. I'm looking forward to the next bunch of stories (holiday fics - yay)