main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters ♡ The OTP & Pairing Thread ♡ | Challenge #33 is up: How They Met! (1/28, p. 90, #2231)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Captain Rakkaus, Oct 5, 2015.

1. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    When I logged in, I had many notifications and suddenly there were only two. :( So, this was better.

And I cannot even begin to imagine what great, absolute, dadaist or surrealist nonsense could come out of these plot combos... [face_devil][face_devil][face_devil] I am in mood for writing humour because reality is not humorous.

EDIT: Dare and childhood friends. I think I could work with this...I would love to think of A.N.Y.T.H.I.N.G. at this point. And what's funny is that it fits into a story I opened the other day, which is itself not humorous. Oof.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2021
  2. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    I have to do one post after another because this one is a response to a legit set of questions and people already liked my random message exchange with the sock. I sure hope that this is all right. @};-

I see that @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha asked some questions that are absolutely and totally related to what I realise it's bothering me right now. And I wrote a very, very long rambling in response, but a great deal of it was about more than just OTPs and pairings in general.

So, basically: I find nothing wrong with how I handled the OTP that I have been writing since day one on here - Teebo and Latara, the Ewoks. Maybe I would cut off some gritty realism that people might not appreciate as they don't know who is writing it and how harmless, conceited and boring I am in respects of relationships and other stuff. And that's it. Same for all my other Endor-centric pairings, including some that I have not revealed at all.

Similarly, I like how I handled my Drall star-crossed lovers. Writing things that are bound to end badly is somehow more liberating. Exploring why it was horrible, tragic, why it should never have been is a challenge, a good find thereof.

The rest...if the characters were born after ROTS and if the pairing was revealed and you read about it in a fic, it's very likely that I would just do a Men in Black memory wipe. O_O Not sure what I don't like, but I don't like it.

None of this applies to major established canon and legends pairings - I like them all.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2021
    Kahara likes this.
  3. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard FFoF Artist Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Nov 22, 1999
  4. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 1999
    I went to write for my prompt and am now 1300 words in with no mention of a soul gnawing secret...gahhhh! All I've ended up with is angst and comfort!!!!

5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2021
    pronker, amidalachick, Kahara and 2 others like this.
  6. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999
    Problem number 2 - the part has ended up being a chapter of future snips and snails (not not that far into the future). Do I post it on Snips or make it a seperate posting and the combine it later?

Last edited: Mar 8, 2021
    amidalachick and Kahara like this.
  7. Captain Rakkaus

Captain Rakkaus Jedi Master star 2

Oct 4, 2015
    Got both our newest entries in--yay! [face_dancing]

Not a problem in the least! It always is totally OK for your challenge contribution to be a chapter of a larger work. As to whether you post it separately, or just as part of the larger story, or both, that is completely up to you! :)

Last edited: Mar 8, 2021
  8. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    I am not sure if the thing I am writing right now would qualify as comedy in any way, but...I am writing my first meet-cute ever. And I kind of want to post it tomorrow, as I just realised that tomorrow is the tenth anniversary of the real life meet-cute that it's based on and that was just plain normal, but it still had the lady doth protest too much kind of a thing going on.

So, tips. I need tips.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2021
    Mira_Jade and amidalachick like this.
  9. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999
    Mine is definitely not a comedy...whoops

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. ViariSkywalker

ViariSkywalker Kessel Run Hostess and Champion star 4 VIP - Game Winner VIP - Game Host

Aug 9, 2002
    Yeah, mine is so not a romcom. But the rules said it could be serious, so I think we're good! ;)

11. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999
    First part of mine is up in Snips and Snails - The Pet Store.

With a lot more angst than comedy...but still quite a bit of romance (but not kissing - this is not a kissing book).

pronker, Ewok Poet, Kahara and 5 others like this.
  12. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    Great! Got it indexed—thanks so much. Such a joy to see the list growing and growing! :)

And while I’m here, just a reminder that there is now one month left on our challenge, with stories due on April 13!

pronker, amidalachick, Kahara and 3 others like this.
  13. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Oh my goodness, oh my goodness, but my stubborn, lethargic muse actually managed to write something! [face_dancing] :eek: You just gotta love these challenges for top tier inspiration. [face_love]

For #8. Disturbance in the Force and #8. Coworkers, I have started So Few Things, featuring Bly and Aayla Secura in my Song!verse AU. It's a short story, again, because apparently I'm incapable of writing one-shots. But, that just means all the more OTP goodness. [face_mischief] [face_love]

Last edited: Mar 17, 2021
  14. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    Ohmigosh, when I checked this thread this morning, I was very afraid I had forgotten to index your story! As it turns out, I hadn’t forgotten to index it, but what I did forget to do was make a post acknowledging that fact. So, doing so now—very sorry about that, and great as always to have you on board! :)

And while I’m here, a quick reminder that we have two (2) weeks left in our Romcom challenge! Stories are due April 13.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2021
  15. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999
    Need to get a wriggle on with finishing mine. It just keeps getting bigger!!

16. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    And I need to get a wriggle on actually starting mine beyond its first few lines! I had honestly forgotten the deadline was so soon until seeing this morning's mobile reminder to have the sock post a two-week warning. :p

17. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Just for kicks as an ad-hoc entry, I rolled the dice again and incorporated the prompts Childhood Friends and Dare into my story, Something There, featuring Jaina Solo and Jag Fel in my Song!verse AU. [face_love]

As always, this thread really is the gift that keeps on giving! [face_love] [face_dancing]

18. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    Got it in, thanks so much!

And I'm so glad you are enjoying. All of you wonderful writers are the gift that keeps on giving, as far as I am concerned! :cool:

Last edited: Mar 31, 2021
  19. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Kessel Run Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

May 11, 2016
    And posted my entry: A Dare on Dathomir
    On the prompts: 'dare' and 'younglings'.
    Featuring Titus Fenton and Daria Djo, the story being connected to the Adrian/Marie verse but can be read on its own without problems.

20. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    Hey again, everyone! Just a reminder that there’s just one week left on our current challenge, with stories due April 13! :)

Edit: Ooh, nice, another entry! I’ll get that right into the index, @Anedon. Thanks so much! :)

Last edited: Apr 6, 2021
  21. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    (Double post, my mistake!)

Last edited: Apr 6, 2021
    devilinthedetails likes this.
  22. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    And now there are three (3) days left in our challenge, with stories due on the 13th! :)

23. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999
    Oh no! Two posts to go! NooooooOoOOO!

Must write faster!!!

Last edited: Apr 10, 2021
  24. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Oh, you don’t have to worry about that! The deadline is just for posting and starting the story. As long as your story’s first post goes up before the challenge deadline—which yours did—you’re fine! Sorry if anything was unclear, and I hope that helps take some pressure off. @};-

25. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019