main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters ♡ The OTP & Pairing Thread ♡ | Challenge #34 Posted: Sonnets Roulette! (4/17, p. 92, #2282)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Captain Rakkaus, Oct 5, 2015.

1. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Congratulations, @devilinthedetails! I am beyond thrilled and honored to be held in such exalted company. Thank-you. [face_blush] [face_love] [:D] And congratulations, too, everyone who replied to the challenge! That was such a fine collection of stories, in every way. [face_love] [:D]

2. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Congratulations and felicitations to both @devilinthedetails and @Mira_Jade on this well-deserved double whammy! And well done to all who took part—wonderful work on these intriguing prompts! =D=

3. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    That they were and most inspiring to write about! It was a delight to read the varied tales and many kudososososes to devilinthedetails and Mira_Jade!!

4. Captain Rakkaus

Captain Rakkaus Jedi Master star 2

Oct 4, 2015
    Aaaand here's our new challenge, folks—I wasn't kidding when I said it was coming later today! :D

[face_whistling] OTP Challenge #22: Our Song + Plot Point Roulette! [face_dancing]
    Remember our Our Song challenge? And our two fabulous Romcom Challenges with their plot-point roulettes? Well, those challenges just got mashed up into one! Here's what to do:

1. Post in this thread with two things: (a) the title of a song that in some way reminds you of your OTP, and (b) a number from 1 to 15.
    2. For your number, you'll receive a plot point. The plot points will be of the same sort that came up in the two Romcom challenges (see links above). Most are of a humorous or at least lighthearted nature, though some certainly can be interpreted in a more serious or angsty manner if you want. None are outright depressing (e.g., having to do with death).
    3. I'll enter both your song and your plot point in the numbered list below.
    4. Write a story inspired by your song that features your plot point, and once you do, I'll stick it in the index, too!
    Some general points to keep in mind:
    • Songs may belong to any era, style, genre, language, etc. The only stipulation is that they be TOS-friendly.
    • More than one person may choose the same song.
    • However, only one number per person, please. If there is sufficient interest, I'll add more numbers to the list.
    • Lyrics, videos, etc. are very much welcomed and encouraged when you post your story.
    • If your combination really, really, really isn't working for you, we can talk about changing one or the other of your two elements. But please at least give it a shot first!
    • If you want your entry to be out of competition, that's fine—just say so.
    • TOS applies! But you knew that.

As usual, you'll have eight (8) weeks. Stories will be due at 11:59 PM (23:59) Pacific Time on Tuesday, November 23, after which voting will begin.

[face_dancing] HAVE FUN! [face_whistling]
    THE LIST
    1. Raissa Baiard | Dierks Bentley, “Woman, Amen” | Routine Errand Gone Wrong
    3. amidalachick | Jennifer Warnes, "Right Time of Night" | Awkward Encounter
    4. Nehru_Amidala | Enya, "Marbled Halls" | The Telephone Game / Mondegreens
    7. earlybird-obi-wan | Enya, "May It Be" | In the Wrong Place at the Wrong Time | It Was the Right Thing to Do After All
    8. Mira_Jade | Tommee Profitt (feat. Sam Tinnesz), "With You 'til the End" | Humorous Mix-Up | All Fools in Love (NSW: Sense and Sensibility, with Elinor Dashwood and Edward Ferrars)
    9. Briannakin | Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit, "If We Were Vampires" | Sudden Change of Plans | I Wanna Hold Your Hand (NSW: The West Wing, with OCs Rose and Elvie Santos)
    11. Anedon | Karl Sternau, "Marsch der Verdammten" | Constant Interruptions | Love and Damnation (OCs Ulrika Grau and Elena Kyr)
    12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha | Josh Groban, "In Her Eyes" | Technical Difficulties | Star Trek: Never Lost in Translation (NSW: Star Trek, with Nyota and Spock)
    13. devilinthedetails | Randy Travis, "Forever and Ever, Amen" | Terrible, Horrible, No-Good, Very Bad Day
    14. Kit' | E.L.O., "Mr Blue Sky" | Third Wheel / Tag-Along | Leaping to Conclusions (with OCs F'Kisi and Estra)
    15. ViariSkywalker | Fleurie, "Hurricane" | Wardrobe Malfunction

Ad-Hoc Entries
    Left Behind by Briannakin (OCs Prince Pan and Teilo Kunsa; same prompts as above)

Last edited: Nov 23, 2021
  5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    MEGA MEGA SQUEEAGE! Can I drool already? Because my song for Nyota/Spock is the delectable
    "In Her Eyes" by Josh Groban.

Can I have #12, please? [face_batting]

Last edited: Sep 28, 2021
    Kahara, amidalachick, pronker and 3 others like this.
  6. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    Woohoo, a taker already! :D Why yes, you may definitely have #12. It is: Technical Difficulties.

Thanks much, and I'll get you into the index right away! :)

7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
  8. ViariSkywalker

ViariSkywalker Kessel Run Hostess and Champion star 4 VIP - Game Winner VIP - Game Host

Aug 9, 2002
    What do you know, I just so happened to be listening to my otp playlist when I clicked on this. [face_mischief] [face_batting]

Choosing a song was actually really hard, but I think I'm going to go with "Hurricane" by Fleurie. I've been listening to that one a lot lately.

And I'll take #15, please!

Kit' , Kahara, amidalachick and 4 others like this.
  9. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    I would like number 4.

Kahara, amidalachick, pronker and 2 others like this.
  10. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    Great, got it in! And #15 is Wardrobe Malfunction. :D

So, per the rules above, you have to name the song you're using as your prompt at the same time as you choose your number. I'll gladly give you #4 as soon as you do that! :)

Kahara, amidalachick, pronker and 4 others like this.
  11. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    I think I “Marbled Halls” by Enya will work.

Kahara, amidalachick, pronker and 4 others like this.
  12. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    Great! Then you're in. :) #4 is The Telephone Game / Mondegreens (i.e., a misunderstanding resulting from misheard words).

13. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    Congrats to @Mira_Jade for always creating beautiful and lyrical writing that is inspirational for me (and others) to read=D=

Well done to everyone who wrote for the Seven Deadly Sins Challenge!

A humble thank you to those who chose to vote for my Seven Fatal Flaws story. It really was a treat to finally write a Siri/Obi-Wan story, and it was so amazing to receive such positive feedback and reception from all of you for my first attempt at Siri/Obi-Wan romance[face_love]

And, of course, a huge thank you to @Captain Rakkaus for always coming up with these excellent challenges that push me to be creative as a writer[:D]

Now, onto the next challenge, I would like prompt #13 and the song I've chosen is Forever and Ever, Amen by Randy Travis.

14. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    You are so very welcome! It's my pleasure—and thank you all for crafting such excellent stories that push me to be a creative challenge host! [:D]

Excellent, got it down! I think you'll enjoy #13—it is Terrible, Horrible, No-Good, Very Bad Day. :p

15. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Congrats devilinthedetails and Mira_Jade! They were such fun prompts.

I've been meaning to write something for Rose/Elvie for "If We Were Vampires" by Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit, so this could be the spark I need. I'll pick #9.

16. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    Great! I've got you down. And as for #9, it is Sudden Change of Plans. :D

17. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Ooooh, I had to give this one some thought! ;)

But I think I'm gonna go with "With You Til the End," by Tommee Profitt, ft. Sam Tinnesz. I don't think I have an OTP playlist that doesn't have that song. :p [face_love]

With that, may I have #8? Please and thank-you! :D

18. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    Wonderful, got it! :) And for #8, you get Humorous Mix-Up. :D

19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    This mash up is looking like it is going to lead to mush and hilarity! [face_party]

20. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard Chosen One star 4

Nov 22, 1999
    All right, I’d better get my request in. The song “Woman, Amen” by Dierks Bentley has always seemed perfect for Kanera to me. May I have #1 for my prompt?

21. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    Excellent, and delighted to see you on board! For #1, you receive Routine Errand Gone Wrong. :)

22. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    I have a very strange idea. Can it still be part of the pairing, if its just one character, seperated from his love, thinking he lost her? (would probably fit better with one of the more serious prompts...)

23. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Oh man! Thats so good! I have several ideas! Question is, how angsty do I go?
    Finally kill one of my OTP Members after almost 400,000 words? I don't know if I can.

24. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    Are you asking if it's OK to write a story where one member of the couple is absent? Yes, that's just fine, because such a story is still clearly couple-oriented, if that makes sense. As to prompts, though, you're subject to the luck of the draw! ;)

25. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    Yes one member would be absent and their relationship would more or less be, currently, been broken off.
    Okay, I think I´ll sleep over it then and decide tomorrow.