main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters ♡ The OTP & Pairing Thread ♡ | Challenge #33 is up: How They Met! (1/28, p. 90, #2231)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Captain Rakkaus, Oct 5, 2015.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
  2. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    The reference to "whole mines of gold" in my poem made me think of dwarves, so naturally I have written a piece celebrating the love of Durin and Disa from Amazon's Rings of Power:

Two Were One

3. Captain Rakkaus

Captain Rakkaus Jedi Master star 2

Oct 4, 2015
    Great! Got it in the index now—I do believe that is our first entry! Thanks so much! :)

4. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    An honor and a pleasure to be first!

Excited to see what everyone else writes for this lovely, poetry-inspired challenge![face_love]

Kahara, Mira_Jade and Findswoman like this.
  5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
  6. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
  7. TheRynJedi

TheRynJedi Jedi Master star 3

Jun 20, 2018
    (bursts into the room running from the boredom that is going to plague her job for the next 2 slow months and the writer's block that has been tormenting her)

Give me #11 @Findswoman, let's see if I can do something with it.

8. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    Absolutely! (And great to see you back! :) ) Here is no. 11 for you:

A single flow’r he sent me, since we met.
    All tenderly his messenger he chose;
    Deep-hearted, pure, with scented dew still wet—
    One perfect rose.

I knew the language of the floweret;
    “My fragile leaves,” it said, “his heart enclose.”
    Love long has taken for his amulet
    One perfect rose.

Why is it no one ever sent me yet
    One perfect limousine, do you suppose?
    Ah no, it’s always just my luck to get
    One perfect rose.

9. Kahara

Kahara FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Mar 3, 2001
    Yay, @TheRynJedi is back! :D And also, I'm looking forward to catching up on the new stories posted here this week.

10. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    I have this one for the challenge. It is a double pairing first with Nejaa Halcyon and Scerra and second with Rostek Horn and Scerra. Scerra my love

11. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Yay! I’ve just indexed it—great to see our third entry come in! Thanks so much for sharing. :)

12. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    Hello dear OTPers! It’s been a while, I know!

First of all, please accept my apologies for completely and totally forgetting about the deadline for our most recent challenge, the Love Poems by Women Roulette (#27), which was back on December 11; RL has been pretty rough on me lately. But I’m thrilled to finally be able to present a proper voting post for the three (3) fabulous stories that came in for that challenge:
    • Two Were One by devilinthedetails (NSW: Rings of Power, with Durin and Disa)
    • Scerra My Love by earlybird-obi-wan (Nejaa Halcyon and OC Scerra Lamar; OCs Rostek Horn and Scerra Lamar)
    • Indescribable Devotion by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha (NSW: Star Trek, with Nyota and Spock)
    (If I’ve missed any, please let me know!)

Please PM your votes to this sock. You have two (2) weeks to send in your votes: they are due Friday, January 13, 2023, at 11:59 pm (23:59) PST. You know the rules: one vote per person, no funny business with socks, no voting for yourself, etc., etc. I’ll announce the winner a day or two after the voting due date. (And this time I’ll make sure to set my mobile reminders so I don’t miss any deadlines!)

Many thanks, and happy voting to all! :D

13. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    Me again, with a reminder there is now one week left to vote in our our current challenge! Only one vote has come in so far, so I’m hoping we’ll get more. See the post directly above for details! :)

14. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    And now we’re at the three-day mark. Three (3) more days to vote before votes come due on Friday, January 13! :D

15. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    And today is the last day to vote, people! There are just about (checks watch) 19 hours left in which to do so. :)

16. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    All right, everyone! We did end up getting more votes after all (thankfully), and I am pleased to announce the winner of OTP Challenge #27: Love Poems by Women Roulette:

Congratulations on your win and well done! =D= Big thanks to everyone who participated—you all did a great job, as you always do, and you are the ones who make these challenges such joys to run! :)

And keep watching this space—challenge #28 will be coming tomorrow or the day after! :cool:

17. UltramassiveUbersue

UltramassiveUbersue Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 7, 2022
  18. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    Score a win for Aspie fanfic authors!!! [face_party][face_party][face_party][face_party][face_party][face_party][face_party]

19. Kahara

Kahara FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Mar 3, 2001
    Congratulations, @devilinthedetails ! [face_dancing] And kudos to all for sharing; I enjoyed all of your stories. :)

20. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Congratulations, @devilinthedetails, and to all who wrote such wonderful stories for a wonderful challenge! [face_party] =D= [:D]

21. amidalachick

amidalachick FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 5 VIP - Game Host

Aug 3, 2003
    Congratulations @devilinthedetails! And a big round of applause to all the participants! =D=[face_love]

22. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
    Thank you so much for the kind words of congratulations, everyone[:D]

A big thanks as well to our awesome hostess who always comes up with such wonderful challenges to inspire such creative stories:D

Well done to all the participants and I am excited as ever for what the next challenge has in store for us=D=

23. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
  24. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Congratulations @devilinthedetails and a mighty fine show by all! =D= And you are very welcome; it’s my pleasure to keep this thread in enjoyable challenges of all kinds, and in fact I’m about to post a new one right now! Stay tuned… :D

25. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    And now it’s new challenge time challenge, everyone! This one was was proposed by @Mira_Jade; thank you so much, Mira! :) We at the OTP thread are chuffed to present you with...
    OTP Challenge #28: OTP Bingo!

This challenge brings the bingo format—beloved from @devilinthedetails ’s awesome annual Autumn Bingo challenge—to our very own OTP thread! The bingo board below features twenty-five (25) prompts—concepts, words, dialogue lines, and more, all romantic (or potentially romantic) in character.

Your task is simple: choose one (1) row, column, or diagonal from the board and incorporate its five prompts into an OTP story! When you post your story, just be sure to tell us which row, column, or diagonal you are using.

[​IMG]

Stories will be due in the usual eight (8) weeks, on 11:59 PM (23:59) Pacific Time on Sunday, March 12.

Have fun, and happy writing! :cool:

Challenge Index
    She by Chyntuck (OCs Matthias Ruud and Valeria Dalissis)—unnecessary, “I know,” push/pull, love is patient, vow
    Lunch with Tahl? by earlybird-obi-wan (Qui-Gon Jinn and Tahl)—“Please,” Vow, Interruption, Weather the storm, Morning/noon/night
    Allies by UltramassiveUbersue (Luke Skywalker and Mara Jade, Luke Skywalker and unnamed OC)—Epiphany, Dusk/dawn, Denial, Diaphanous, “Please”
    The Song of Experience by Pandora (OCs Amilia and Florian)—epiphany, "I know," heart, confession, and morning/noon/night
    The Captain and the Commodore by Mira _Jade (NSW: Sense & Sensibility; Margaret Dashwood and OC Arthur Jennings)—whole board
    The Moonlight Motel by amidalachick (NSW: Stranger Things; Steve Harrington and Billy Hargrove)—Eternity, Imbroglio, Heart, Love is patient, “Please.”

Last edited: Mar 12, 2023