main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters ♡ The OTP & Pairing Thread ♡ | Challenge #33 is up: How They Met! (1/28, p. 90, #2231)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Captain Rakkaus, Oct 5, 2015.

1. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
  2. MartyAvidianus

MartyAvidianus Jedi Padawan star 3

May 14, 2017
    oh man I was confused too. I was just reading and then suddenly the OTP thread became quote challenges....

So....

Anymore Anahiri fans here?

edit 2:

mush I can only think of mushy scenes, where 2 characters (the moment they fall in love)

can't really define mush itself though.

3. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014

Precisely. And therefore, the entry does not qualify for the challenge. But you have 34 more minutes to enter something else that does include your interpretation of these quotes.

Sith-I-5 likes this.
  4. Captain Rakkaus

Captain Rakkaus Jedi Master star 2

Oct 4, 2015
    CHALLENGE #4 - ROMANCE QUOTES :: VOTING

We have a total of four entries this time. To those of you who didn't get in - you can link your entry and I will add it to the list and say that it's not eligible for voting. :)

Guidelines

You have two weeks to vote. Voting closes at 13:30 (that's 1:30 PM) Central European Time on June 11th, 2017 (check the world clock). The votes will be counted and announced later that day or the next day.

- You may not vote for yourself.

- You may not post your vote in public.

- You can vote whether you took part in this challenge or not.

- Votes of challenge participants and readers count the same.

- Please, take the time to read all the stories, leave a review if possible, and vote for the story that, in your opinion, fits the spirit of this challenge most.

Once you know whom you're voting for, send a message to @Captain Rakkaus with the subject Romance Quote Challenge - Voting and the name of the author and the link to their story in the post body. PLEASE, INCLUDE THE EXACT NAME OF THE AUTHOR, THE STORY NAME AND THE LINK. I mean it. :p

Entries

The entries are listed in alphabetical order, by author's username. For non-Star Wars stories, a link to the Wikipedia entry on the fandom has been provided for your convenience. For all stories, links to characters have been provided, too, unless they're characters from the SW films, or OCs.

The sock has gone through everything posted so far and left a little supportive "Like" on all stories, or story chapters/parts, if there was more than one. :)

Promise by divapilot
    featuring OCs, Mirany and Kash

You See Me As A Bed of Nails by Ewok Poet
    featuring OCs, unnamed narrator and Anjie Mencuri

Beautiful, Inexactly by Findswoman
    featuring Shmi Skywalker and the Force

Love and Other Stupid Poodoo by Raissa Baiard
    featuring Mara Jade and Ezra Bridger

Please, let me know if there are any errors in the above listing!

[face_dancing] Good luck, everybody![face_dancing]

5. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    I am confused.

You say you got six entries, but only four are linked.

6. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    I copied and pasted from the last challenge and made a mistake. There are only four entries indeed.

You still have about half an hour to vote. :)

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  7. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    ...aaaand the winner is...Raissa Baiard with her fantastic story, Love and Other Stupid Poodoo! :)

Looks like we are starting to have OTP experts here. :D

Please, give us some time to come up with the next challenge and build up the rules and the requirements.

8. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Hooray! Congratulations on a very well-deserved win, Raissa Baiard! =D=

And I'm looking forward to seeing whatever challenge you come up with next, Captain! :)

9. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
  10. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    Yes, congrats are in order.

11. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Congratulations, Raissa Baiard

For the future, if a camping challenge ever comes up, I have something for it.

12. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Congratulations Raissa Baiard! Great stories, very different approaches to the prompt. I'm excited to see what the Captain has up next for us.

13. MartyAvidianus

May 14, 2017
    This is a non star wars fanfic OTP, but I may just start shipping The Doctor with the Mistress.

Nehru_Amidala and AzureAngel2 like this.
  14. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Congratulations, Raissa! =D=

I still hope to write my entry as I enjoyed the quotes I got, I just ran out of time. I'm also looking forward to the next challenge.

AzureAngel2 and Ewok Poet like this.
  15. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    Challenge #5 - Crack!Pairing Fest

Our fifth challenge is one of those created mostly for the laughs, though the Captain is sure that somebody could write a serious story in response. It's the...Crack!Pairing Fest!

You're expected to pick two characters - EC, OC or a combination thereof - that would not necessarily get along together or two characters unlikely to end up together and write a story where they fall for each other, where one is attracted to another but it clearly does not work and...you name it.

Just keep it TOS-friendly: no child romances, no incest.

The reason we don't have dice here is precisely to avoid the above; and - of course - not limit you to a handful of characters your stories can be about.

ღღღღღღღღღღღ

Schedule

You have ten weeks to respond to the challenge if you want your entry to be entered into the voting. The deadline to post your story is August 21st, 2017 at 14:00 Central European Time (check the world clock) - precisely ten weeks from the date and time of this announcement.

The voting will be open from sometime on August 21st 2017 until the corresponding time on September 04th. The winners will be announced later that day or on September 05th. No colours, but you get the bragging rights and that's gotta count for something! ;)

ღღღღღღღღღღღ

How to play?

- NSWFF stories are more than welcome, just make sure you don't write about the exact fandom the quote is from. That wouldn't be fun, would it?

- TOS apply, just like for any other challenge. TL;DR: we're not writing bloodbaths and PWP, but your stories can be family-unfriendly elsewhere, as long as they're edited for this board.

- Once you're done, post a link to your story in this thread. Use the URL and not the LINK tag, once again because the latter is now being stripped off as per board rules.

- You're not obliged to read the other participants' stories, but it's recommended. Be a good sport. :) I will, of course, read them all, since I'm the thread host.

16. MartyAvidianus

May 14, 2017
    my cup of tea.
    Now I must search the wook for compatible couples.

by the way, no chld romances, so that means no underage, but what about age difference?
    Perhaps Scout and post ROTJ Luke?

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  17. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    Hot dang!

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  18. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Hahaha... YES! :D I did one of these back when NSWFF first started and it turned out to be one of my most popular stories on FF.N. It was Ianto Jones/Martha Jones from Torchwood and I strangely ended up really liking liking the pairing. Not more than the canon one, but still liked it.

Now... who to ship?? *goes to ponder*

Age differences are fine, but for any romantic pairing, both parties must be adults (over 18). A teenager could have a crush on an adult, but it must be obviously one sided. See THIS post in the FanFic FAQ for more exact information. You can always PM me or Bri if you have any questions or want us to read something to make sure it meets the rules.

19. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    First of all, congratulations Raissa Baiard on the win! It was much deserved. =D= :D

Then, crack!ships? Sign me up for that! This has the potential to be so much fun! (Heck, I'm actually reading a Boba Fett/Leia story over at A03 right now that's such a guilty pleasure, so I'm already firmly in the crack!pairing gutter. :p) I also remember a certain crack!ship roulette back in the day that was all sorts of interesting. That random generator spawned Viqi Shesh/Thrawn and Kyp/Mara for me - both of which turned out to be surprisingly manageable to write. Now, with the ability to choose, I feel all sorts of powerful. [face_mischief][face_devil] I need to put some though into this . . .

Outside of SW I actually like quite a few 'non canon' pairings, but outright crack!ships? I need to put my thinking cap on for that too, but it's a fun idea to contemplate. [face_thinking]

Thanks for the fun challenge, Captain! This really is a great thread for the muse. :)

20. Pandora

Pandora Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 13, 2005
    Oh, I do remember that crack!ship roulette, though--since the chances of my receiving two EU characters I knew naught of were reasonably good--I did not take my chances with the random generator to write a story for it. I don't know that I'll write anything for this one (because Mon Mothma/Jan Dodanna makes far too much sense to ever be crack), but I'll be looking in to see what other people come up with.

(Maybe sometime, in another place, I shall tell of the Biggs/Leia that suddenly popped up in the AU my brother made up, and I sort of, kind of assisted with, in which Leia was brought up by Yoda on Dagobah. We were also discussing whether or not Lando would hit on Prince Luke Organa. Signs pointed to likely, but that the Prince would be unimpressed.)

21. MartyAvidianus

May 14, 2017
    Well after reading over the policy, I guess B and T needs to wait a few years at least.
    good thing I'm writing a trilogy instead of one book.

Eh, For the crack! pairing I may write a short story or something not B/T then.

Findswoman and AzureAngel2 like this.
  22. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard FFoF Artist Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Nov 22, 1999
    A very big (if very very belated) thank you! :D [:D] I guess I have found my OTP, though Mara and Ezra started off as, if not a crack!ship, definitely a wild hare. I'm looking forward to seeing what kinds of crack-tastic couples everyone comes up with. It took me a while to come up with one that wasn't all sorts of wrong, but I have a few ideas that just might work [face_devil]

23. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    Congrats Raissa Baiard :)

Now this crack!ship challenge is something I might be able to write... if I ever manage to choose one of the million crack!ships that I came up with in the first five minutes!

24. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    Captain Rakkaus likes this.
  25. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    Discussion #9

Have you ever depicted the engagement/marriage of your OTP, and if so, how and did you keep it from being too earth-like?

This topic was kindly provided by Raissa Baiard and is a part of a joint discussion about topic on OTP courtship and wedding scenes/stories in the fanon thread, led by the awesome FanonSock. I am happy about our collaboration and I hope that you will enjoy it, too!