main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters ♡ The OTP & Pairing Thread ♡ | Challenge #33 is up: How They Met! (1/28, p. 90, #2231)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Captain Rakkaus, Oct 5, 2015.

1. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Congratulations on your win, Sith-I-5! You did a great job. =D=

And kudos to Chyntuck and WarmNyota_SweetAyesha on their wonderful and engaging contributions to the challenge too. :)

Wonderful work all around—what talent we have here! @};-

2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Congratulations to Sith-I-5 [face_laugh] I will never be able to read about Snoke in future without thinking about his "rump" and Unamo astraddle 8-} Congratulations also to the amazing Chyntuck -- I had a blast writing up L/M fairy tale style.

3. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    Congrats Sith-I-5 =D= ^:)^ [face_dancing] I need to catch up on the latest updates of your story, but you already know that I love it!

4. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Well, what I get out of that, is that you don't have to finish an entry, to earn success!

Although I do intend to finish.

Thank you to anyone who voted for me, and well done to everyone who entered this challenge, eligible for votes or not.

5. Captain Rakkaus

Captain Rakkaus Jedi Master star 2

Oct 4, 2015
    Challenge #7 - "We've come through a lot together."

As per original suggestion - this challenge is simple. No dice, no roulettes, nothing to pick. Just a prompt.

"The OTP faced a crisis in their relationship that almost fractured them but they stuck together and worked through it. Showing the process in however much detail of growing closer. :) If the author has written about that before, they could revisit/flashback to it in the way of 'We've come through a lot together.'"

Before we start, I would like to thank WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, who came up with the idea for this challenge. It's similar to the very first one I had, but with a happy ending.

Schedule

You have ten weeks to respond to the challenge if you want your entry to be entered into the voting. The deadline to post your story is February 26th, 2018 at 13.20 Central European Time (check the world clock) - precisely ten weeks from the date and time of this announcement.

The voting will be open from sometime on February 26th 2018 until the corresponding time on March 12th 2018. The winner(s) will be announced later that day or on March 13th, when the next challenge will be up, too. No colours, but you get the bragging rights and that's got to count for something! ;)

How to play?

- Write a story inspired by the prompt - duh.

- At this point, we're doing one story per person. You are, of course, welcome to write a story inspired by this challenge and its prompts at any given point, ever.

- NSWFF stories are more than welcome.

- TOS apply, just like for any other challenge. TL;DR: we're not writing bloodbaths and PWP, but your stories can be family-unfriendly elsewhere, as long as they're edited for this board.

- Once you're done, post a link to your story in this thread. Please, if you can, use the URL and not the LINK tag, once again because the latter does not work anymore.

- You're not obliged to read the other participants' stories, but it's recommended. Be a good sport. :) I will, of course, read them all, since I'm the thread host.

6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    I adore this challenge. I can already tell I will be Squee!ing a lot. :D Best thing is, it can inspire Legends and new stuff or a crazy blend. [face_laugh] Particularly for H/L. They deserve it. ^:)^

7. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    Okay. If this isn't my cue to write the sequel to my long!fic that I've been talking about for ages, I don't know what is.

Can everyone please stop giving me ideas for new multi-chapter stories? My days only have 24 hours, for Force's sake!

8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    This has inspired an idea for a fic with more than one post for me too. [face_thinking] Featuring H/L and if it seems to "make plot sense" the Rebels although by that time they're not [face_laugh] :cool:

9. FireKeeper

FireKeeper Jedi Padawan star 1

Jun 23, 2017
    Damn it, this one has so much H/L possibilities, especially in my AU, where this plot fits perfectly. I wish I was good at writing romance.

Captain Rakkaus likes this.
  10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
  11. Captain Rakkaus

Captain Rakkaus Jedi Master star 2

Oct 4, 2015
    Just go ahead and try. :) @Anedon had so many doubts the first time he took a part in a challenge in this thread and then he aced it.

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  12. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Although I have no idea when my main Yav and Ysanne' origins of their relationship fic will get finished, but I was reading the first pages, and using Amazon to adjust her written outfit to match The Spy Who Loved Me imagery, I

- was happy with the gentle flirtation going on between the pair;

- and wondering if I should actually adopt that film's Bond Girl, Barbara Bach, as my official face claim for Ysanne Isard.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2018
    Captain Rakkaus likes this.
  13. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    The latter: J-j-j-j-just do it. :)

Sith-I-5 likes this.
  14. CosmicDust

CosmicDust Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 16, 2017
    Ohh, how exciting, the fanfic board with writing challenges!! I can't believe I've been on this forum since last July and just now thought to see if there's a fanfic board. :) It's my main way to do fandom for everything I get obsessed with. The only ship I get the writerly emotions over is Finn/Poe. They're my Star Wars OTP. I think I've written over 100k of fic total for them.

The current challenge looks really great. I'll try to write a fic. :) I'm going to lurk a bit more.

15. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    I'm making a little bit of a push to advance my Ysanne and Yavinelf origins fic, over more recent projects.

Two updates since the weekend, including an A4 print last night.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
    Ewok Poet likes this.
  16. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Welcome, @CosmicDust - I'm otherwise the person in charge of this thread, but I'm not feeling like logging in as a sock right now. *yawn*

You can also write fics for the past challenges and the challenges with no time limit. :)

Findswoman and CosmicDust like this.
  17. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    How I love writing a WTF conversation between two awkward and shy characters! [face_love][face_love][face_love][face_love] 456523xjkl2yio‚3cp4v22v6 5b4opib0'b

MUSH MODE ON! [face_dancing]

18. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard FFoF Artist Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Nov 22, 1999
    Anyone have tips for getting into mush mode when you’re not feeling particularly mushy?

19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Awkward and shy -- d'awwwwwww! A most fantabulous and recent example of that was Zeb & Shulma [face_love] :D
    @Raissa Baiard -- take it from the mush lovin' champ -- yours truly! [face_laugh] Sappy love songs does the trick every time, especially if you listen to things that made you all gooey in high school, the cusp ofpuberty [face_laugh] [face_mischief]

Subtle mush works as well as overt, implied via glances, inner monologues ;) :cool:

20. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    I started writing mine more than two years before Zeb and Shulma became a thing ;) - and their next scene together needs some major work, so it shows both awkwardness and determination. A strange combo. Luckily, they're Humans, so mannerisms, eye contact etc. are not an issue. But the convo I wrote down in 2015, as a stream-of-consciousness goes from a bizarre convo straight to a conviction responded to with "I love you" and I wonder if that's too much, even for these two. [face_rofl]

Doesn't help that I kind of fell in love with the character I wrote. [face_blush]

Gawd, it's so much easier when it comes to writing my canon OTP. Because Latara is not awkward and she takes the initiative.

EDIT: Why does it show that @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha quoted @Raissa Baiard and not me? Has the board gone cuckoo again? :eek:8-}

EDIT 2: If not obvious, I adore Zeb and Shulma - Raissa and @Findswoman can testify. Also, Bree and Blue. Blue is soooo hot. @divapilot can testify that I have it for spice recoverees. And I have it BADLY. @};-[face_love] Though, yeah, Blue is sane. Anjie is a bit of a space cadet...in SPACE!

Послато са SM-J510FN уз помоћ Тапатока

Last edited: Jan 20, 2018
  21. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard FFoF Artist Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Nov 22, 1999
    @Ewok Poet because she was responding to my question about getting oneself into a mushy frame of mind? I still love Marzra, but lately, I’m just not feeling the mush factor like I used to.

22. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Maybe the rich-text editor got wonky? Now that I recall, I saw it before, somewhere, somehow.

I stand by what I said on Messenger - there was too much, within a relatively short period of time, a little more than a year. I never got stuck in this particular way, but the stories that helped me out of being stuck were all about going out of my comfort zone. @Mistress_Renata suggested that I do so in September, but I only managed it in November, when I wrote a Rebels story that wasn't only about a minor character nobody knows. Then I went for a deliberate mindscrew that contains the kind of stuff I wouldn't approve of myself (and, well, neither did you!), then for two takes of absolute and total crack...and only then I felt ready to pick up the pieces of what was there before. It just didn't feel "good" before this month, right now.

And the best thing about it? I think that the break was necessary. Surely, it was for all the wrong reasons, but yeah...a break is a break. I forgot some things (like that famous stone that matters and I don't remember why), but I came up with some new ones, too. :)

Not sure if that helps...

So, yeah, I need some banal conversation topics. I have one already, it's a piece of furniture.

23. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    :eek: [face_worried]

:oops:

LOL

I'd be happy to mushify anything you write for them @Raissa Baiard

and yup, @Ewok Poet , I was replying to the how to get in a mushy mindset question. Love the line in your siggy about horizontal rule withdrawal [face_rofl] Mine is edit title withdrawal [face_laugh] 8-}

24. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha - DON'T EVEN MENTION THAT ONE, IT HURTS ME SO MUCH THAT I'M GOING TO START WRITING EXCLUSIVELY IN CAPS LOCK!1!111!!11!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! TEH PAIN! TEH PAAAAAAAAAAIN!

Also, highlighted text. Just look at the first page of this thread, it breaks my OTP heart.

Can you help mushify my carp? [face_blush][face_blush][face_blush]