main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters ♡ The OTP & Pairing Thread ♡ | Challenge #33 is up: How They Met! (1/28, p. 90, #2231)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Captain Rakkaus, Oct 5, 2015.

1. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    How a thread is run is up to the thread host (within the rules, of course) but I'm going to go ahead and say no, because it would be considered promoting. Usually the thread hosts will repost links to all stories when it goes to voting, and either put an index on the first page, or a link to indexed stories. And that is for sure the case with this thread, there will be links to all eligible stories.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  2. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    15 lines written!

Now researching the archived RPF game my idea relates to, from years and years ago.

3. FireKeeper

FireKeeper Jedi Padawan star 1

Jun 23, 2017

Imagined - yes, but even then it was kinda blurry to me. Written no. Besides, by the time my fanfics happen, they have been married for a long time, and I don't ship anyone among the younger generation. I might pair them up in the end though, but it won't be anything more than a background scene of the couple kissing/ holding hands, because the story is not from their point of view. As for the POV character herself, I am almost certain she's going to stay single. First, because there are no eligible characters for it, there is an icky age gap between her and other characters either chronological age-wise( she spent 20 years in stasis, not aging all of this time, that's why she's physically in her late 30s-early 40s, while chronologically is 60) , physical age-wise, or both. Besides, I believe some characters just aren't meant to be romanced.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  4. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard FFoF Artist Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Nov 22, 1999
    Here's my entry for the Crack!Pairing Challenge: A Steamy Romance, featuring....well, I don't want to ruin the surprise. ;)

5. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Been meaning to weigh in on this for a while. I have not yet written anyone's engagement or wedding scene in a fanfic, though it is not outside the realm of possibility that at least an engagement might eventually happen in my longfic (when I clear up some other projects and get back to it). I haven't worked out details yet, but I'll certainly do my best to make it fit with the culture in question and not make be too Earth-like. In a shorter story I'm working on now, the couple is already engaged, so who knows but at some point down the line I may be writing their wedding scene too. (Though once again I have to emphasize "down the line"! :p )

6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_dancing]

Weighing in on a couple of topics, a prior one and the current one.

On mush I think it's a sweet interpersonal moment that melts the author as they're writing it [face_laugh] and the reader as they're reading. Makes your happy tummy all nummy-fied. :D I too think it can be a small moment, the ones I like best are the spontaneous just-because kind or the affirming of feelings kind. :) They can be between friends, family members, couples. I love mush throughout a story but especially at the end to offset any angst that came before.

As to engagements and marriages, writing these, I haven't done an SW one so I don't have to worry about getting it too Terranized. ;) I concentrate on the exchanging of vows and the celebration afterwards. The reception that is. [face_mischief]

I just have to use Quote #13 by Neruda in a NSW fic thread. I don't know the context yet but it's just too scrumptious!!! [face_dancing]

Sith-I-5, Ewok Poet and Findswoman like this.
  7. MartyAvidianus

MartyAvidianus Jedi Padawan star 3

May 14, 2017
  8. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I think I've figured out who my crack!ship is going to be! :D I wanted to do something Star Wars since all my entires for this thread have been NSWFF. Well I half succeeded, it will be a crossover based in GFFA, and not crossed with The West Wing, so that's something, right?? :p

Ewok Poet, Nehru_Amidala and DARTH_MU like this.
  9. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    That would be something, and your story will be the third entry.

10. DARTH_MU

DARTH_MU Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    Isn't it the Fourth?

1. Thrawn and Eli by someone.
    2. That Coffee machine one
    3. Mine
    4. Mav's.

Findswoman likes this.
  11. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    Hold it, hold it right there- panda boy! First of all, my story is NOT Thrawn/Eli (I detest that ship mightily!), it is a Eli/Kallus story.

12. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
    What's second of all?

13. Captain Rakkaus

Captain Rakkaus Jedi Master star 2

Oct 4, 2015
    Can we, please, keep this discussion friendly? Thank you. :)

Findswoman , mavjade and DARTH_MU like this.
  14. leiamoody

leiamoody Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2005
    Back on topic...

I had to think about this one, because I don't usually write weddings (because, you know, personal issues :p). So I had to look into my older fics and realized that I wrote one for a couple that was, unfortunately, rather Earthly influenced. It wasn't so over the top that the female character was wearing a white froofy cake wedding dress, but she was still wearing white. I need to revisit that fic at some point and possibly alter the color of the dress and rethink how the ceremony was presented in general.

Ewok Poet and Findswoman like this.
  15. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
    You can also avoid red.
    GRR Martin does a good job at the Red Wedding, but it is kind of inappropriate for SW.
    Maybe rather focus on color, the style of the dress?

16. leiamoody

leiamoody Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2005
    I was thinking more blue or green, possibly silver. But that's if I ever get around to writing that fic again.

Style is another good concept that I never really put much thought into the first time around. Although it's hard NOT to be influenced by Earth cultures, I'm not sure that I've really ever seen Italian Renaissance costume depicted in SW (not in the movies or TV shows, anyway). I know there was some Art Deco influence in the set designs for the prequels, but I don't remember if there was any specific costume influence. (Probably wrong on this one).

17. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
    [​IMG]

Need Yuuzhan Vong wedding.

18. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    Who would be the groom?

19. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
    A reasonable question.

The only correct answer circa 26 ABY

[​IMG]

And for 49 ABY (Yuuzhan Vong victory)
    [​IMG]

Basically Anakin/Riina and Benriina.
    Yeah, it's Riina Kwaad above

20. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    What's the age difference, DARTH_MU?

21. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
    Anakin/Riina is 4 years
    Benriina is currently unknown, because Riina is Nen Yim's age, and no one knoiws how old Nen Yim is.
    However, Riina's physical body is made in 13 ABY, so, 13 years?
    How do people think of a relationship between a 23 years old human male and unknown aged Yuuzhan Vong female who is half human?

22. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    As long as she's over 18 standard years, I would have no problem with it.

EDIT:
    My OTP pair, Yavinelf and Ysanne Isard, escape from the marine laboratory on Iskalon.

[​IMG]

23. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    ^ That gif needs an MST3K soundtrack.

24. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    I looked quickly at that picture of Ben and my first thought was Jeez, Ed Sheeran is everywhere these days.

Ewok Poet and DARTH_MU like this.
  25. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    Who is Ed Sheeran?