main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters ♡ The OTP & Pairing Thread ♡ | Challenge #33 is up: How They Met! (1/28, p. 90, #2231)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Captain Rakkaus, Oct 5, 2015.

1. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Kessel Run Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

May 11, 2016
    And finished my story, just in time. :)

2. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    And now, ladies and gentlemen... (drumroll) I give you an out-of-competition entry for the date challenge that I had the privilege to co-author with @Findswoman:

Dinner at the Hungry Hutt

... featuring our most mahvelous Hutt OCs.

3. Captain Rakkaus

Captain Rakkaus Jedi Master star 2

Oct 4, 2015
    Wonderful, and indeed mahvelous! I’ve got it in the index now, in an all-new out-of-competition section. Yay! :)

OK, everyone, today is the last day of our challenge, and stories will come due at the very end of today PST (at the usual 11:59/23:59). But I want to give you the heads-up that I will not be able to do a voting post right away, because I am leaving on a camping trip later today and will be without internet until I return late this Wednesday (the 30th). I will make the usual voting post when I return, but you are perfectly welcome to send votes before that—just refer to the current index post and to any later entries that may come in at the very end of this thread. I’ll of course also take care of vote counting and any remaining indexing and index once I’m back. Thanks in advance for bearing with me, and happy voting to all! [face_dancing]

4. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    Posted the third chapter of my Luke/Mara fic. I have one more chapter planned, which hopefully can be posted some time this week. If my muse is kind (which it never is:p)

Just kidding, of course, muse. Not trying to make you mad...[face_liarliar]

5. amidalachick

amidalachick FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 5 VIP - Game Host

Aug 3, 2003
    Happy camping! :)

So I don't know how this happened but I wrote a thing!

16 Very Short Stories About Dates

Fandom is Stranger Things (of course) with various pairings. The format is a little different, it's one-sentence stories using all the prompts from the challenge announcement list, so I totally understand if it's not eligible to be part of the competition or the challenge.

Thank you as always for running these awesome challenges!

6. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    All right, everyone, I’m back and it’s VOTING POST TIME! Here are the eight (8) awesome stories we have in the running for OTP Challenge #20: It’s a Date:

Dinner at the Hungry Hutt by Chyntuck and Findswoman (OCs Eliskandro Fasolia Faké and Bonvika Deseradii Feolla)

Because I was gone, I’ll give you all a full two weeks from today to get your votes in. Votes are due in to this sock by 11:59 pm (23:59) PST on Thursday, July 15.

And of course you all know what not to do: vote more than once, vote for yourself, vote using a sock as well as your normal account, vote for something that's not on this list or that is not votable, etc., etc.

Here's when the winner will be announced: on or about July 16 (barring all RL catastrophe).

Happy reading and voting! :)

7. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    And now there is one week left for voting! Votes due July 15! See The Post Above Mine. :D

devilinthedetails likes this.
  8. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    Approaching our voting deadline now—after today, there will be three more days left to get your votes in! :)

devilinthedetails likes this.
  9. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    And today is the last day to vote! Get your votes in, folks! :D

10. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    All right, everyone! Results are in for voting on OTP #20: It’s a Date, and our winner is…
    Congratulations to you, Viari! And well done to all—this was a fantastic challenge with some really cool variety in the entries! I know you will keep up the wonderful work in our next challenge, which will go up in the next few days. Thank you all again! =D=

11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
  12. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Congratulations @ViariSkywalker! [face_party] And great job all around—we got some fantastic entries! =D=

13. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    Congrats to @ViariSkywalker and good job to all the other participants!

14. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    See, Vi, I told you that writing more happy bebeh!Mara would be rewarding :* And it's nice to see so many entries on a challenge! Looking forward to the next one :)

15. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    I second all of this. :p [face_mischief]

Congratulations, @ViariSkywalker! And, of course, a huge round of applause for every other amazing author who submitted entries. I can't wait to see what gems come from the next challenge! [face_love] [:D]

16. ViariSkywalker

ViariSkywalker Kessel Run Hostess and Champion star 4 VIP - Game Winner VIP - Game Host

Aug 9, 2002
    Aw, thanks, everyone! [face_blush] [face_love] This was definitely a surprise! I'm really honored, especially with all the great responses this challenge had. I also can't wait to see what comes next!

Nice try, Gabri, but you know the angst can't be tamed for long... [face_mischief] [face_batting]

Last edited: Jul 16, 2021
  17. amidalachick

amidalachick FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 5 VIP - Game Host

Aug 3, 2003
    Yay! Congratulations @ViariSkywalker! [face_love]=D=

And a round of applause for all the participants! Awesome work all around. :)

18. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 1999
    Congratulations [mention]ViariSkywalker [/mention]!! A very much deserved win and some very stiff competition!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    All righty, new challenge timhttps://boards.theforce.net/threads...entence-stories-au-otp-challenge-21.50056542/e, folks! Many thanks to @madman007 for proposing this one:

OTP Challenge #21: The Seven Deadly Sins

The seven deadly sins, as taught by various Christian traditions, are pride, greed, lust, envy, gluttony, wrath, and sloth. (For definitions and more background, including links that elaborate on each of the seven, see the Wikipedia article here.)

Choose any one of them—or a combination of two or more—as a prompt (or prompts) for a story involving your OTP. Your characters can experience them themselves, or feel the effects of them, or react to them, or experience them from other characters, or pretty much anything! The only limit is the TOS—as you can see by the very nature of these prompts, it’s especially important to be mindful of that this time. But you know that already, of course. (And hey, perhaps that’s a particular part of the challenge! ;) )

Stories will be due in the usual eight (8) weeks, on September 12 by 11:59 pm (23:59) PST. (Again, remember that that means you also have all of September 12 to post!)

[face_devil] Have a wicked good time! [face_devil]

Challenge Index
    Seven Fatal Flaws by devilinthedetails (with Obi-Wan Kenobi and Siri Tachi)
    Can Love Be a Sin? by Anedon (with OCs 'Kat'arina Ricter and E'Liz'abeth Barton)
    Sins Leading to Justice by earlybird-obi-wan (with various characters and pairings)
    It Ain't No Sin by amidalachick (NSWFF: Stranger Things, with various characters and pairings)
    I May Be Dreaming Awake by Mira_Jade (NSWFF: The Phantom of the Opera, with Erik and Christine Daaé)
    Operation: Envy by pronker (NSWFF: Penguins of Madagascar, with Marlene and Skipper)
    Wrath of Rose by Briannakin (NSWFF: West Wing, with OCs Elvie and Rose Santos)

Out-of-Competition Index
    Sins of the Fire Nation by devilinthedetails (NSWFF: Avatar: The Last Airbender, with Zuko and Mai)

Last edited: Sep 12, 2021
  20. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
    Well, this sounds tantalizing, and ideas for Obi-Wan/Siri fic are starting to pinball around in my head even though I haven't finished my previous Luke/Mara OTP challenge. I am just hopeless when it comes to actually finishing fics this year. I imagine some deadly sin or other is to blame[face_devil]

21. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    Excellent challenge - plot bunny nibble nibble ... [face_cow]

22. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
    This is not a drill. I have actually managed to write an Obi-Wan/Siri story for the first time ever because of the inspiration this challenge provided, and moreover, I have been able to make the story a oneshot, which ensures it is actually finished and not added to my long list of unfinished works. Hurrah![face_dancing]

Seven Fatal Flaws

23. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    Our first entry, hooray! And with all seven of them in one go! Got it very happily in the index. :)

24. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
  25. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Kessel Run Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

May 11, 2016
    And uploaded my entry: Can Love Be a Sin? Featuring 'Kat'arina Ricter and E'Liz'abeth Barton.