main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters ♡ The OTP & Pairing Thread ♡ | Challenge #33 is up: How They Met! (1/28, p. 90, #2231)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Captain Rakkaus, Oct 5, 2015.

1. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014

Can I see the said review?

2. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    ^ You are lucky to have gotten such a quick request!​

3. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Who is lucky, me or Ewok'?

The blue bit is from my story, as you had it in the same paragraph as your feedback.

4. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Nehru_Amidala, it's not a request for the OTP swap, it's a different thing. But the way it goes with the swap, looks like you and I will be the only players. :p

Sith-I-5, go ahead. :) I'm curious.

5. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I love the idea of the swap, I just don't want to commit to something until I get through at least a bit of the backlog of things I've got going at the moment. Well that and my SW OTP is L/M, so that's not as much fun for other people.

My current OTP is Non-Star Wars and is OC/OC, which is a total first for me, even amongst my own OCs.

Ewok Poet and Briannakin like this.
  6. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Cheers. Don't expect a massive payoff.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  7. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Besides, I have already stolen them :p

And, yeah, as fun as the swap sounds, everyone knows my muse is just stuck in NSWFF these days and I'm already planning on trying to give it a nudge to the SW side with the fic-gift exchange, so I don't want to derail it too much.

mavjade and Ewok Poet like this.
  8. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    No worries, I-5. :)

I did hint L/M in one of my vignettes from earlier this year, but I never technically wrote them. Ironically, since my current challenge story is a Beyond - Legends one, they might appear in the background. [face_whistling]

The swap is open, well, forever, so one doesn't have to try it now.

Briannakin and mavjade like this.
  9. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    Ewok Poet I might sign up for the OTP swap, but I'd like an answer to my earlier question please :)

Ewok Poet likes this.
  10. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    I didn't see that. D'oh! I apologise.

Let me think about it - insomnia hit me badly and right now, I'm on that caffeine high where I'll probably end up having tactile hallucinations. 8-}

And darn, only Thrawn people to swap with. This could be fun. :D :D :D

11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
  12. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Luke and Leia. I wrote it around 1979. :p

13. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Ouch! XD

14. leiamoody

leiamoody Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2005
    That pairing was around a lot in the early days of the print zines. It's not that weird considering nobody knew anything conclusive until 1983.

15. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    My personal theory is Lucas did intend on Luke and Leia getting together, but after seeing the chemistry between Leia and Han, he changed his mind. Of course this could disappoint viewers that liked the idea of Luke and Leia being a couple...so he made them siblings. I haven't ready anything that supports this theory of mine, but I heard the script changed a number of times, so it is possible. I can say, when I saw the movie in 1977 I had truly expected Luke to be Leia's romantic interest. And I am fairly certain Alan Dean Foster did also. The novel Splinter of the Mind's Eye had some flirty Luke/Leia moments.:p

leiamoody likes this.
  16. Captain Rakkaus

Captain Rakkaus Jedi Master star 2

Oct 4, 2015
    This applies to people's preferred pairings. Would that make more sense?

And I had an idea for those uncomfortable to share their pairings: if you can't swap with anybody, say if you want Canon or Legends, as well as which era and I'll randomly pick a pair for you.

17. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Hoookay...I have a dilemma here. LOLNOPE

Since another user accidentally revealed my other OTP, I thought I'd finally say it out loud, been two years since I've been hiding it: it's Anjie Mencuri and Doria Vorr. The story that I have written that stars the two of them is really complicated, full of twists and might end rivaling the longest recent story on this board in terms of length. Not on purpose, just because of its overly complex plot.

I have over 80 000 words written for it already. Technically, that's more than I have ever written for any story and it's just about a quarter of it, perhaps a third.

A lot of folks on here seem to like Anjie a lot and, I dunno, it's a crime to hide an epic away from them. :p

What prevents me from starting to post it? My three current epics.

The before story is not in the danger of being spoilered - by the time the events in it start being referenced, it will be completed.

My current Ewoks epic is in the same situation - by the time the events in it start being referenced, it will be completed.

The third epic, the oldest one, has always been going slow and the way it goes, I guess I can make sure I don't spoil it too much.

WHAT THE HECK, I'M DOING THIS. YOLO. [face_peace]

divapilot likes this.
  18. leiamoody

Nov 8, 2005
    If you feel that it's important enough to write it and post it (and of course, if you know there are people who would be interested in reading it), then do so. At least you have all those advantages in place.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  19. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    I'm doing it. <3 Just to add the beta'd text - Finds and Raissa are on the task and they are magnificent, as usual.

20. leiamoody

Nov 8, 2005
    Well, that's good. :) Pursuing your magnum opus is always challenging. (I'm in a bit of a situation right now about writing something very important...deciding if I should do it, and especially trying to find a place somewhere to post it...I can post it on AO3 and Fanfiction.net, of course. I'm also considering trying out Wattpad, although that does require trying to create a book cover. I just have to find the courage to push through and write the story and post on those sites...and hope for the best).

21. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    I say just do it and find the place (in the timeline, I guess?) later. :) Why wait?

22. leiamoody

Nov 8, 2005
    It's mostly a matter of overcoming my lack of confidence in the stories I write. My material is generally quite serious with a heavy bent toward the metaphysical weirdness, so it's hard to write with conviction, let alone finding a place where it belongs (not a place in the timeline, but where to post the actual story. I don't have a built-in audience unlike yourself, so I'm a perpetual story vagabond). But waiting isn't a great idea, I'll admit.

23. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    You do have the audience, it's DRL that makes us so...random. For example, I was barely alive for five months and it took me another three to get back to writing.

P.S. Two or three of your things are on my reading list. I would never forget. :)

24. leiamoody

Nov 8, 2005
    I'm the better judge of my situation. You know your own, so keep pursuing what you need to do in the best way you know how.

25. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    [Removed]