main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters ♡ The OTP & Pairing Thread ♡ | Challenge #33 is up: How They Met! (1/28, p. 90, #2231)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Captain Rakkaus, Oct 5, 2015.

1. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Forgot to post them here but there is a part 2 and part 3 now up. I had another idea for this challenge but DRL has been like "NOPE! NO TIME FOR YOU TO WRITE!"

Kahara and Findswoman like this.
  2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Mine is also finished. :D Had 4 parts altogether.

3. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    I need to get mine going!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kahara likes this.
  4. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
  5. Captain Rakkaus

Captain Rakkaus Jedi Master star 2

Oct 4, 2015
    All right, everyone, it's time to VOTE on OTP Challenge #11: Misunderstanding Cleared Up!

We have four excellent stories in the running:

Here's what to do: PM your vote to this sock by 11:59 pm PST on July 27, 2019. (So you'll have about two weeks to read and vote.)

Here's what not to do: vote more than once, vote for yourself, vote using a sock as well as your normal account, vote for something that's not on this list or that is not votable, etc., etc.

Here's when the winner will be announced: on or about July 28 or 29, 2019 (barring all RL catastrophe). Our next challenge will begin shortly after that.

Any questions, just let me know. Happy reading and voting to all! :)

Ewok Poet, Mira_Jade , Kahara and 4 others like this.
  6. Kahara

Kahara FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Mar 3, 2001
    Just wanted to say that I've read all of this batch of challenge stories and been really impressed with each and every one! :) Thanks for the lovely reading experience, all of you. @};-

7. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    Thank you so much, @Kahara ! So glad you have been enjoying these latest entries—so have I. :)

And here is your friendly reminder that there is one week left in the voting for challenge #11, with votes due next Saturday, July 27, at 11:59 PM PST. Anyone can vote, readers or writers or both—looking forward to seeing how many we'll get this time around! :D

Kahara and WarmNyota_SweetAyesha like this.
  8. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    Me again: there are now three days left to vote. Send 'em on in, people! :D

9. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    DRL kept me from being able to write for the challenge this time around (though I'm still determined to finish a belated entry :D [face_thinking]), but I have to say that these were probably four of my favourite stories for a challenge in quite some time! Seriously, picking the best was like lining up 1.1 through 1.4, and that certainly has to be commended. Well done, guys! I enjoyed every word of my reading experience more than I can say. [face_love] =D= [face_dancing]

10. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    Aaaaand last day to vote, good people, last day! :D

11. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    All right, everyone, results time!

We had seven (7) votes in OTP Challenge #11—by no means shabby!—and I am pleased to announce our winner:

Strategic Alliances by @Raissa Baiard

Heartiest congratulations to Raissa on her win, and kudos to all the authors who took part. =D= We really had a great bunch of stories. And also many thanks to all the voters for turning out! :cool:

So, now, watch this space for the next OTP challenge, which will be coming your way within the next couple days! [face_dancing]

Last edited: Jul 28, 2019
  12. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Cool! :cool: Congratulations to @Raissa Baiard on a well-deserved win and well done by all who took part in contributing to this mighty fine bunch of stories! =D=

13. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
  14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
  15. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard FFoF Artist Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Nov 22, 1999
    [face_blush]Thank you very much! What a pleasant surprise! This story had been living in my plot bunny hutch for almost a year, and it seemed perfect for this challenge.

Kudos to @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, @Briannakin and @Jedi_Lover on your excellent stories=D=

16. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    New challenge time! :D

The right natural setting can have a powerful effect on the romantic interactions that take place within it. Couples so often have "their spot," in some beautiful natural location, that they keep returning to for kisses, cuddles, and general togetherness.

So, with that in mind, we're back to the roulette format for...

OTP Thread Challenge #12: The Landscape of Love

Choose a number from 1 to 20 (which you may do right here in the thread) to receive a prompt word having to do with some kind of terrain or landscape feature (forest, desert, hill, beach, etc.). I will then add you and your prompt word to the list below. You can then write a story based on that prompt word, using it and interpreting it in any way that you choose. Limit one number per person and one person per number, please.

1. River (divapilot)
    2. Lake (Nehru_Amidala)
    3. Beach (Findswoman): Gem of My Beaches by Findswoman (with Jyn Erso and Cassian Andor; belated/ad-hoc)
    4. Cliff (Briannakin)
    5. Waterfall (brodiew): By a Waterfall (with Poe Dameron and Amilyn Holdo)
    6. Desert (mavjade)
    7. Forest (Jâd Sphera): If It Takes Years (with Mara Jade and Luke Skywalker)
    8. Ravine (Anedon)
    9. Wasteland (devilinthedetails): Barren Wasteland (with Beru Whitesun Lars and Owen Lars)
    10. Village (ViariSkywalker; ad-hoc)
    11. Snowscape (TheRynJedi)
    12. Garden (WarmNyota_SweetAyesha): Nourished and Blossoming (NSW: Lord of the Rings, with Éowyn and Faramir)
    13. Meadow (Cowgirl Jedi 1701): Love in the Country (with Poe Dameron and Amilyn Holdo)
    14. Prairie (Sith-I-5): Prairie Had a Little LAM (with Ysanne Isard and OC Yavinelf Dangerrescue)
    15. Wilderness (Raissa Baiard)
    16. Cityscape (Kahara)
    18. Mountain (Mira_Jade): This Soft Season Will Come (NSW: Thor, with Sif and Loki)
    20. Hill (Carlos Danger): Hillside Exposé (with Mara Jade Skywalker and Luke Skywalker)

As usual, the challenge will run for ten (10) weeks, with stories due on Monday, October 7. A two-week voting period will follow.

Enjoy, happy writing, and as always feel free to ask any questions! :)

Last edited: May 8, 2022
  17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    HAPPY WRIGGLES! [face_dancing] #12 please. :) [face_sigh]

18. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    Okay, I´m in, number 8 please.

19. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard FFoF Artist Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Nov 22, 1999
    The Random Fate Generator says 15 ;)

20. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    Kahara and WarmNyota_SweetAyesha like this.
  21. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Oh yay! This is already promising to be all sorts of fun. Number 18 for me, if you please! :D

Then, a big ol' congratulations to @Raissa Baiard on the much deserved win!! That was a beautiful crop of stories from all of the contributors, all around. [face_love] [face_dancing] =D= [:D]

Last edited: Jul 29, 2019
  22. TheRynJedi

TheRynJedi Jedi Master star 3

Jun 20, 2018
    Hmm. Who knows if I'll be able to write it, but give me 11.

Findswoman and Kahara like this.
  23. Kahara

Kahara FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Mar 3, 2001
  24. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Good old random.org gave me #3, which is...

25. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015