main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub ✶ The Knights of Darkness ✶ The Official Sith, Knights of Ren & Dark Side Fanclub ✶ v.3

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Darth Dreadwar, Jan 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    In the comics and novels Lord Tyranus came into his own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    I'm not a fan of the curved hilt of his saber.

3. Darth Kronos

Darth Kronos Force Ghost star 6

Jan 2, 2016
    I like Christopher Lee.

And the character was fine in the Clone Wars.

And he was... passable (kind of) as the villain for Attack of the Clones.

Lady Belligerent likes this.
  4. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Why?

5. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Have this been posted here? From the Endnotes for Star Wars: The Unknown Regions by Daniel Wallace taken from http://geekosity.blogspot.se/2010/04/endnotes-for-star-wars-unknown-regions.html

-----------------------------

Darth Dreadwar you seem to like the sorcerer of Rhand. Since we know so little about them and some of it is second hand information we can only speculate and, well, create our own fanon regarding the sorcerers, and I was wondering what your (and anybody else actually) speculate and fanon you have regarding the sorcerers?

Personally I, of some reason, have found myself imaging them similar to Granbretan from the History of the Runestaff series and existing somewhere in central Unknown Regions

6. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    I dont care for the curved hilt as a personal preference really. But, it''s just not as elegant design wise, as I'd expect him to carry.

7. E. L.Knight

E. L.Knight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2012
    I know that it has been a long time since I was here last. Truthfully, I kept forgetting about this place and then I started planning my wedding. Now, I hope to be around much more.

8. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
  9. E. L.Knight

Dec 4, 2012
    I hope so as well. I remember coming here over 10 years ago. Nostalgia brought me back a few years back and then I wandered off again. Truthfully, I found I like FB better, but I miss the shenanigans of the forums of yore. :)

10. Darth Dreadwar

Darth Dreadwar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 26, 2010
    E. L.Knight

Lord Hades! A pleasure to see you return to our dark halls. As you can see, the revival we spoke of worked rather better than I possibly imagined.

I look forward to bringing you up to speed so to speak, and look forward to seeing you around more again! Good to see you, old friend.

*turns...*

*turns back*

Oh, yes... and now you have to call me Emperor. *grins*

11. E. L.Knight

Dec 4, 2012

I should expect no less, Emperor Dreadwar.

I am glad to see that we have indeed grown larger.

Darth Dreadwar likes this.
  12. Halle Dray

Halle Dray Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    Hey all! Lady Belligerent asked me to do the discussion for this week so here goes!
    We will be talking about Darth Caedus this week. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth_Caedus
    The son of Han and Leia Solo and once a leading Jedi Knight, Cadedus turned to the Dark Side during his captivity by the Fosh Sith, Vergere. He had a different outlook on the universe than most Sith, responding to it with unconditional love.
    Now, tell me, fellow Dark Siders, what do you most admire about Caedus? What do you most despise? Add whatever other details about him or his life that you might want to share as well!

****A note: For those of you who don't already know, there is another fanclub in the EUC for the Sith. There, you can become a Peon, then an apprentice, and keep on moving up through completion of tasks and ongoing discussions/chats. Head over there if you're interested!

13. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    Thank you Halle Dray. I have a great fondness for Darth Caedus. :)

I have some thoughts, and will comment once I'm past the crazy weekend. Do you think he would have been a better Sith Lord if he hadn't been tortured by Vergere? Her methods seemed horribly cruel.

Halle Dray likes this.
  14. Halle Dray

Halle Dray Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    Interesting question. I think that her methods were a BIT extreme and he wanted to share with people the opposite of what he experience. Perhaps something happened mentally DURING the torture and that led to his odd notions of love.

15. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    My thoughts on Darth Caedus

[​IMG]

Halle Dray likes this.
  16. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    I don't agree. It would have been nice to get more details on his travels as an adult. We got hints in places, but I still want more. He had such potential. :(

Halle Dray likes this.
  17. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Fate of the Jedi covered a handful but then dropped the Jacen link midway through. He learned blood trail - who from on Dathomir? The Nightsisters? He visited the Theran Listeners - we spent a whole book with them and nobody asked about him? Don't get me started on the twenty two Nightsisters that were taken back to Kesh either!

Caedus could have been a great Sith. But he was squandered until Invincible.

18. Martin Albert

Martin Albert Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2016
    We all know that the Clone Wars animated series is considered Cannon and that it ends before Episode 3 in the timeline. So a number of events that transpired in clone wars got me really confused and i am hoping that someone can enlighten me on this issue. We have heard the famous line regarding the number of Sith that can exist at the same time, 2 Yoda said, no more, no less. I'm going to assume that there was no alternate insinuations with that statement. So at the time that episode 1 ended, Palpatine/Sidius had lost his apprentice Darth Maul to supposed death and as episode 2 showed, had taken Count Dooku at his new apprentice. We all know Dooku didn't die until episode 3 and that clone wars took place in between 2 and 3. Without elaborating too much on details so that this does not get too long i saw the following Sith all exist and live in the same timeline: Darth Sidius, Count Dooku, Asaj Ventress, Darth Maul, and Savage Opress. That's 5. Only Savage if i recall would die in Clone wars. Then this topic extends even after episode 3 and before 4 as the current animated series REBELS season 2 ends with Darth Maul very much alive and even seeking to take Ezra as his new apprentice, but this time line already has Darth Sidius and Darth Vader. so what gives? is this not really a serious law that the sith abide by? if so then the Jedi were seriously unwise to box their nemesis to those parameters and i would {with much disappointment) be forced to change my view that the Jedi Council was superiorly wise, intelligent, and discerning (which i have believed to be true since i first saw and learned of the existence of it in episode 1 almost 20 years ago). i am by no means an expert in any of this, i am merely a fan and as such am open to any theory or explanation wether it is a serious law that several Sith just broke, or if was an urban legend that Yoda and the other council members mistakenly took as fact since that statement wasn't actually mentioned by any of the Sith during the run of the story that i recall, or wether it is simply a matter of oversight by the story writers, i just want closure on the issue. thank you for taking time to read this and i look forward to any response, Good day.

19. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Going to merge this with the Sith fanclub and let the experts there answer this.

20. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    Sinrebirth likes this.
  21. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    The Rule of Two is absolute.

When Maul survived he was by default discarded as the apprentice, as Sidious thought him dead. But this does not prevent the apprentice having a candidate for when they take over, and the master can have a candidate to replace their apprentice too.

Sidious had Anakin as his candidate to replace Dooku, and Dooku has Ventress as his candidate for when he took over. None of them are legitimate Sith until the Master and Apprentice dichotomy is imposed.

Sidious knew of Ventress as Dooku kept her visible, and when she proved too powerful ordered her death. Dooku replaces her with Savage, and then Ventress and Savage survive their efforts to kill Dooku.

When Maul emerges again, he set up a new Rule of Two with his brother, and so yes we have five Sith. Two legitimate, and three not, not counting Anakin as a Jedi at this time. There is some overlap as Quinlan Vos was also Dooku's next secret apprentice, making for six.

This is why Sidious steps in and kills Savage and crushed Maul. Then we have Dooku kill Ventress, who redeems Vos. Maul runs away, but drops the 'Darth' title - he acknowledges his own illegitimacy as a Rule of Two Sith.

When Anakin kills Dooku he moves from candidate to Apprentice, as Vader.

You can still be a Sith and be illegitimate, but you cannot be a legitimate Sith in the sense of the Rule of Two if you are not either the Master or the Apprentice.

Maul is a loose end, nothing more.

He has done very well, to be honest.

22. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
  23. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    *bows*

You are welcome, Lady Belligerent.

@darklordofthetech, anything else to add?

24. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    Sinrebirth likes this.
  25. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I once read, "To be a Sith, you have to be able to defeat anyone who says you're not a Sith." They then gave the example that by loosing to Sidious, Maul and Savage were disqualified from being Sith and that if Maul and Savage defeated Sidious and Tyranus, Maul and Savage would become Sith while Sidious and Tyranus would be disqualified.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.