main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

08-08-08 The OFFICIAL Beijing Olympics Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: The Arena' started by Darth_Brutus666, Jun 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    very, very, very sweet. what a rush. imagine playing it.

:snoopy

2. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Great job by USA through the entire Olympics! Perfect team to get the job done!

This is a sweet, sweet gold medal.

3. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
  4. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    LeBronze no more! It's official! The Gold is coming home!

5. Trika_Kenobi

Trika_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 4, 1999
    Gold medal back with the US. Thnx new vision, and good riddance to the bronze. Ugh.

6. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    Its official!!

EDIT: Also, I think I got as much of a workout from running between rooms to watch&post as I did in some intramural basketball games. Thats kinda sad :p

7. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    it's great that they were willing to commit to this for three years. considering everything, not that many other people would have been willing to do that.

amazing game... simply amazing game. that has got to be one of the greatest one's i've ever seen.

i'd say this is a dream team, if not THE dream team.

8. Trika_Kenobi

Nov 4, 1999
    Coach K's eyebrows don't look like they're going to cut me anymore. And he smiled for two seconds. That's impressive, too!

[face_laugh] I've got the TV down low so I don't wake anyone else, so I'd run up to the TV to hear stuff and run back to where I could actually get Internet.

9. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    @Trika: LOL!

I think the commitment was a huge part of why this was a team, and not just a collection of players (see: 2004). Also, Coach K. But then, those two aspects go hand in hand :p

10. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    I'd love to see this team against the '92 team.

Oh, and, that had to be the highest rated 2:30 a.m. broadcast in the history of television! :p

11. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    umm... amazing maybe? dour doesn't begin to describe him...

i'm extremely impressed with sheshevsky(sp?). he did a great job with this team, simply phenominal.

yea, they do rogue.

you think maybe just a little inty?:p

the 92 team would have skinned them alive. they had no one who could have guarded jordan or ewing. like howard could manage that...

12. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    I hope I didn't wake anyone else here with my running around... I didn't have the volume up high, but it wasn't low either. [face_worried] Plus, while I was trying to be quiet, there were a couple points where I either quick-clapped or made a short exclamation.

I'd love to see this team against the '92 team.

That would rock. Unlike some commentators, I think this team would have at least a solid chance in that game. It would be incredible, though, either way.

Oh, and, that had to be the highest rated 2:30 a.m. broadcast in the history of television!

If it didn't win that by a large margin, I want to know what did :p

EDIT: sheshevsky

*wince* Krzyzewski. Not that I really expect you to remember :p

13. Trika_Kenobi

Nov 4, 1999
    Coach K is always so flat-faced. Seeing anything on his face is impressive to me. :p

OMG. It's 4:30 a.m. and I'm wired now. Thanks a lot you guys! 8-}

14. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    OMG. It's 4:30 a.m. and I'm wired now.

I know, now I have to get back to sleep and get up in the morning.

15. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    ok, maybe not skinned them alive... but there is no way they could have taken care of those two people i mentioned. that was a team that could have matched up against pretty much any team you could think of and had a good chance to win if not dominate.

yea... wired myself. i enjoyed watching this with you all a ton.

ok, i see why they keep talking about the length of time since we really won anything internationally other than the bronze in athens. we haven't won internationally since sydney. that's a while, considering the talent we have.

EDIT: sheshevsky

*wince* Krzyzewski. Not that I really expect you to remember

ok... it sounds very, very different from the way it's spelled. and how could i remember something i've never seen before?:p

16. Trika_Kenobi

Nov 4, 1999
    Nice signature, R...J. ;)

Thanks for staying up with me, y'all. We East Coasters had it rough this morning. :p

And now, for bed. See you all later today, I'm sure.

17. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    Thanks for staying up with me, y'all. We East Coasters had it rough this morning.

No joke. And it was fun doing this with all of you.

And note that I also changed my icon to the gold medal at the same time. (I told myself I would do that when (not if) the US won the basketball gold) Only downside is that it makes it harder to distinguish between me and Inty :p

18. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    yep, tis bedtime that's for sure. we central peeps didn't have it that easy either. lucky people on the west coast.

thoroughly enjoyed it, best group i've watched any kinda sports with in all honesty. sorry about some of the outbursts... i'm not normally like that. got a bit worked up...[face_blush]

night all, and laters.

EDIT

lol! yes, it does.:p

quick note, lisa leslie winning four consecutive gold... amazing. simply amazing.

19. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    I think we ALL got worked up. :p I even worked out!

And now, bed. Yes. If I can sleep...

20. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Yeah ... I need to come down from this high and get some sleep ... gotta be out the door in about five hours!

21. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    yea... i think we did at that rogue. lol.

congrats on the workout. wish you all luck in sleeping. i think i'm the lucky one, i don't have to be up for a while yet.

pleasant dreams.

*salutes and ambles out*

22. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Now, I'm just trying to hang on to consciousness long enough to catch the medal ceremony

23. JediMaster22

JediMaster22 Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 15, 1999
    Anyone really SAD that Olympics is Almost over? I am VERY sad! :_|

It Was SO awesome!!!

24. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    yea inty, i decided too myself.

i'm sad, but it means i might actually get to do some other stuff now. i've basically done nothing but them since they started. it has indeed been awesome.

25. Trika_Kenobi

Nov 4, 1999
    Good morning again, everyone! I hope you all got out of bed okay after staying up for that game! Gosh, I had a blast last night! That was so much fun despite my interwebz troubles... basketball is so fast-paced (when there aren't fouls called every five seconds) that it makes for awesome thread updates.

We've gotta do this again, although I recommend normal times and sadly admit that it won't be something like a gold medal game. :p

And I'm totally bummed that the Olympics are pretty much over. I always am. I have such a good time when they're on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.