main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

10/26/08 Hauntings at the Hangar

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Sarnia, Sep 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sarnia

Sarnia WOTR Liaison star 5

Jun 1, 2004
    It is time once again to start thinking about this!

The official event runs from 12-3 with setup probably starting around 9am. (should have an exact set up time shortly)

Instead of running a costume contest we will be having a costume parade, there won't be any dancers, and hopefully we have a few new attractions. I think that is all the changes for this year.

I need to know how many tables we would like and if we want to have electricity?

Kim, do you want to be the point person on this for the RMFF?

Am I forgetting anything?

I am getting excited!!!

2. ArchaicRebel

ArchaicRebel Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2004
  3. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    That means you can be the contact person for this too :p

4. ArchaicRebel

May 11, 2004
  5. Sarnia

Jun 1, 2004
    bump

I still need a contact person=)

Last year we had several hundred kids so we do need to keep that in mind

6. ArchaicRebel

May 11, 2004

7. ZOOfo-Dyas

ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    If you aren't going to add something to conversation, then shut up.

I won't be able to act as point on this one, and I have already gotten some backup for the Saber School project in case anything happens.

So, LotM & IB are signed up with me to help with the Saber School. I figure we can handle 2 - 3 sessions over the course of the afternoon.

8. Mistress

Mistress Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 28, 2002
    I will probably be solo with the Bean for this, so if you can find me something to do that she can (and will) help me with, then pencil me in. If not, I will come as a tourist and throw some money at it. :)

9. Sarnia

Jun 1, 2004
    Pirates have decided to come on board afterall so we will have to figure out where to stage sabre school

10. Sarnia

Jun 1, 2004

You guys will be welcome either way=)

11. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    I won't be the point person but you can count on me to help. I'll be there for whatever I can help with.

12. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    I just can't be the point person, sorry :( With first the boards, then my wedding, Mile Hi con & out of town guests, toy show, work, life, cats, sewing, then right around the corner X-mas & then my wedding. Not to mention the events we have just pulled off & getting back in contact with them & trying to arrange new ones..... I have NO time.

We will have to arrange for Jabba to get there & back so we can use him the next week too.

13. LadyoftheMandalore

LadyoftheMandalore Jedi Master star 4

Mar 28, 2007
    Who has Jabba? I can probably run around and get banners and whatnot for this thing if people tell me where they are in the next month. I am definitely locked in for Jedi training academy. Costume is questionable though.

14. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    If we find Jabba and the frogs I will take responsibility for getting it to WOTR, running it there (I had fun doing it last year), and then getting it to Forney, since I will be at both events.

15. ZOOfo-Dyas

Oct 3, 2004
    I will get Jabba from the Sith Couple at Mile-Hi Con and bring it to WOTR. If you want to collect him from WOTR that would be awesome.

Do we want to do grab bag prizes for the Jabba again? I've got an Oriental Trading Co. order brewing so I can get some stuff to donate to the cause from there.

16. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    I'll throw in $10 to that cause and because I can't be there.

Anyone else want to throw money at this it would be nice too.

I have the banner too, seems that we lost our table runner so if anyone can think to way back when, it was blue jersey knit fabric with the RMFF logo on each end and they came down to a V.

Who has the Clone Wars activity booklets and mini posters?

17. jthornto

jthornto Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2005

I have a big box of SW pencil cases and some small posters that can be donated to the cause.

18. ZOOfo-Dyas

Oct 3, 2004
    That would be me again... I ended up with all the crud from the Charity Premiere. We should split that up between the two parties.

19. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    I'm making bean bags for Jabba, not sure if we want to waste more money on frogs? But if they are cheap, we can keep them around for effect.

I'm making a ton of square & triangle ones, green, blue & SW fabric???

20. Sarnia

Jun 1, 2004
    I have scraps of fabric I could use to make bean bags as well if needed, just let me know what size and how much beanage to put inside=)

how big of a space do you want for the Jedi Training Academy?

I was thinking a couple tables, the jabba toss, and an enclosed area for foam-sabre-birrer-whacking

does that sound agreeable?

21. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    you have to get quality video of that

22. ZOOfo-Dyas

Oct 3, 2004
    Dude... You need to make a big wooden box to put them in and we could make Whack-A-Birrer!!! [face_laugh]

23. hyperdyne

hyperdyne Jedi Master star 3

Nov 1, 2004
    I also have a couple activities from my son's b-day that we kept. Not sure if you want to use them, but I can offer them up. One is the jedi mind trick cube. It basically has a bunch of optical illusions on each side that the kids try out. If they are strong with the force then they will see moving images!

The other is a nerf gun blaster training where they try and shoot into a large box with holes cutout of it. It is decorated and has pics of the emperor and general grievous inside. That was a big hit at the party. The saber training with foam sabers was also great, my wife make padawan costumes from cheap fabric that the kids wore.

24. Sarnia

Jun 1, 2004
    The nerf gun box thing sounds cool!

25. catz44

catz44 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    I'm still not sure if we can make this, we will try, but my sister's bday is on the 30th and we usually celebrate the weekend before. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.