main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Reference 10 ABY: Fringe Elements OOC/Reference Thread

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by The Jedi in the Pumas, Apr 28, 2020.

1. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    'Tis a synergistic experience my friend. This is the kind of creativity that I crave! Thank you for making such a fun sandbox for us to play in. :)[face_coffee]:-B

2. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    WHAT HE SAID!!!!
    :p:D

3. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Welcome @SirakRomar!

Wapoe don't like Sera.

grumble

The Jedi in the Pumas likes this.
  4. The Jedi in the Pumas

The Jedi in the Pumas Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2018
    Aw come now...:p:p

Sera is one of my favorites. He's just a misunderstood machine man.

With a wicked sense of humor.

Kalio_Dynkos likes this.
  5. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I like Sera. Wapoe doesn't.

6. The Jedi in the Pumas

Jun 23, 2018
    Part 1 of the Update for the Artemis Cradle crew.

Tomorrow I will be posting Part 2 for @greyjedi125 @Jedi_padawan_leigh . I'll also be providing an update for our friendly neighborhood Outrider and his confrontation with Dark Lord Snoke.

Hope everyone had another safe and warm week!

Last edited: May 22, 2020
  7. Kalio_Dynkos

Kalio_Dynkos Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 17, 2004
    Brilliant

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. The Jedi in the Pumas

Jun 23, 2018
    My update is going to assume that Tek knocked out the assailants instead of killing them, but Kat if Borek isn’t the kind to take prisoners, then feel free to clarify in your posts whether he pulled the trigger on them instead.

Kalio, Desi is leading you to the secret exit, so you will come out into the alley just after Borek’s altercation.

Kalio_Dynkos likes this.
  9. The Jedi in the Pumas

Jun 23, 2018
    @Jedi_padawan_leigh Feel free to PM if you wanted to joint role play Hir'Vanger and Dathisi's interaction. If not, that is completely fine because I trust you take the necessary control if you need to of her to not stifle Dathisi's responses.

@Master Vo'Un'Var No rush on IG-66's update. But my next post with conclude the Opera House portion as most of the pertinent characters will be outside by the end of it. I can move IG-66 out if you can't respond before then. Just keep me updated. Thanks!

10. Kalio_Dynkos

May 17, 2004
  11. The Jedi in the Pumas

Jun 23, 2018
    Jesus, thank you. I always think about the type of experience you guys are having and I’m just trying to make it the most enjoyable, relaxing experience possible.

That means a lot.

Also: Kat will clarify in her post, but apparently she definitely smoked those guys. Lol

12. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    Will update my games and then 10ABY is next on my list! Sorry for the delay, crazy week! Return to life after the crisis needs a little „getting used to“.

13. Kalio_Dynkos

May 17, 2004
    No worries. Figured I'd leave it with "assumed" and let it fall as you guys wanted. Good scene.

14. The Jedi in the Pumas

Jun 23, 2018
    Hello all. Quick update:

Episode 4 will be coming to an end soon, likely next week.

The 50th Floor group will NOT be experiencing a time skip between the episodes, but the current episode will conclude with answers to the questions:

-Will Mara Jade successfully escape with Icarus and the Syndicate Supreme Prince Mirth Leech? @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha
    -Where is the missing Daya? @Ktala
    -And will Fouche ever find love?:p:p (Or at least Will he accept a very fruitful partnership offer?) @Kalio_Dynkos
    -IG-66 has completed one of the first bounties of the Bounty Hunter Guild's expansion into the Unknown Regions? But with a broken ship, the droid hunter may find himself stranded on the Artemis Cradle and the Imperial Remnant will not take kindly to hearing one of their lead scientists has been hunted down. @Master Vo'Un'Var

@greyjedi125 's Stark will settle the score with the Slaver Second Prince Ronin.

@Sinrebirth 's Wapoe will come face to faces* with the enigmatic entity MINUTE

@SirakRomar 's Taza Talone believes that tracking the ships will present her with the best opportunity to retrieve the fleeing husband and his son. But is this choice one that will provide answers or lead her down a path that connects to one of the galaxy's most infamous villains?

@Jedi_padawan_leigh 's Dathisi Niroon successfully negotiated with a Chiss matriarch to ensure the survival of her colony. But these new bonds come with strings and these strings may connect her to pains of a past that she left far behind?

Stay Tuned...

Last edited: May 29, 2020
  15. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
  16. The Jedi in the Pumas

Jun 23, 2018
  17. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Jedi_padawan_leigh Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    Ooooh!! Intriguing! :)
    Post coming tomorrow, got a free day to write.

18. The Jedi in the Pumas

Jun 23, 2018
    Update coming tomorrow or Friday. Kind of a heavy writing week for me, due to my work so I’ve sort of been burned out.

There’s a lot going on in the country right now, and to be honest, I think that may have also played a role in my delay. I’m sending all of you positive vibes and love.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

19. Kalio_Dynkos

May 17, 2004

If it didn’t have an effect I think it would be surprising. It isn’t just stay inside and avoid getting sick like it was a few weeks ago. Big stuff.

Be safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Jun 3, 2020
  20. The Jedi in the Pumas

Jun 23, 2018
    Hello all!

As we are closing episode 4 and starting episode 5, I wanted to be transparent in my thinking of the game going forward.

These episodes tell the stories of the individual characters and their stories. These stories can have an overarching plot that spans the entire “season” of the game or can be self contained stories in themselves.

My thinking for the game, at the beginning, was to be able to tell stories that spanned an amount of time in the their lives and as we approach episode 5, I believe that we are doing that to an excellent extent. I am planning on ending 10 ABY after the 10th episode and launching a new “season” which takes place 2-5 years later.

This is a bit different, I *think*, then how games are normally played and I wanted to get input from you guys on what you thought of it. My reasons behind the time skip are:
    -character progression and growth: I imagine these characters have wants and desires and paths that will lead them to grow. I think about how Luke started as a farmboy in episode 4 and was a master by the end of episode 6. Maybe these characters will start families or rise to the top of their profession, or find a new purpose that motivates them.
    -the galaxy is changing: in 10 ABY, I wanted to portray the Unknown Regions as kind of the Wild West. There are a lot of competing interests and activities going on. But we know that the First Order will grow in strength and Change how things operate. I want to be able to show that backdrop of change and how the characters interact, or do not interact, with it.
    -to show the effects of player choice: Fouche saving Desi today... where does that lead in the future? Dathisi establishing a business relationship with the chiss for the colony of Trande? Mara helping a prince of the Syndicate Supreme escape? All of these choices have consequences that will take years to actually form and I’d like to see how characters are able to look back at choices they have made in 10 ABY and see the lines to how it has affected the future.

So... this is a lot, and I could be a bit kooky for thinking this is a good idea. But that is why I’d love to hear the opinions of the player base and whether you all would enjoy an experience like this.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2020
  21. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Jedi_padawan_leigh Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    Potential season 2?

Sound really cool. :D

22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_dancing] With perhaps flashbacks to events in the intervenint time for each character, e.g., Mara could recall things that happened in the years between 10 ABY and later. I think 2-3 years is long enough -- 1 would be too short and 5 perhaps too long. [face_thinking]

23. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    I support the episodic style and time skip plans for the game. They work very well as a story telling device. Go for it. [face_peace]

24. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
  25. The Jedi in the Pumas

Jun 23, 2018
    Thank you guys for the enthusiasm. In that case, we’ll move along accordingly.

In other news, ktala is amazing at combined posts and Borek Tek has earned my respect.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2020