main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Reference 10 ABY: Fringe Elements OOC/Reference Thread

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by The Jedi in the Pumas, Apr 28, 2020.

1. The Jedi in the Pumas

The Jedi in the Pumas Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2018
    *cough*

Remember to cash it in or no credits for you!!

Lol

darthbernael likes this.
  2. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    ZEEK ALREADY DID!!!
    TEK NOT that stupid...hehehe

3. The Jedi in the Pumas

Jun 23, 2018
    That darn Zeek!

I will make sure to annotate that in the next update. I think for the second season, for the players that enjoy it, I will institute an actual money system and things to purchase. I’d like to do it now, but it think it would be half assed and poorly executed on my part.

darthbernael likes this.
  4. The Jedi in the Pumas

Jun 23, 2018
    The final Prince has been revealed!

5. Lord Anguish

Lord Anguish Jedi Master star 1

Sep 4, 2012
    I see this Fifth Prince is well named, just like my former Apprentice. He will do well.

darthbernael likes this.
  6. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    oh my gawd, oh my gawd, ohhhhh HECK!
    ]-}[face_nail_biting][face_hypnotized]

7. darthbernael

darthbernael EU Community Mod, Fuego, Pyrofuego! star 5 Staff Member Manager

Apr 15, 2019
    For those that may wonder, when you read Sabel's flashback, no I didn't forget the other parts of the story, each part is going up at the end of an Episode.

8. The Jedi in the Pumas

Jun 23, 2018
    Just wanted to pop in and say:

I’m sending love and positive vibes to all of you!

I’m really enjoying reading everyone’s work. Thank you for giving the game such value.

Also, please welcome the newest member to the family @Jedi_Ascension ! He will be making his entrance just in time for episode 6!

Last edited: Jul 13, 2020
  9. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    Right back at ya Pumas! :)

Welcome to the game @Jedi_Ascension can't wait to see how your character story progresses. I'm sure it will be Epic! [face_peace]

10. Jedi_Ascension

Jedi_Ascension Jedi Padawan star 1

Jun 20, 2020
    Thank you. I look forward to this experience!

11. The Jedi in the Pumas

Jun 23, 2018
    Will be posting the conclusion of episode 5 today. If you haven’t gotten your response in, fret not as it was optional and sometimes

*looks at the camera and takes of sunglasses*

What’s understood does not need to be said.

:p :p

As this is another break between episodes, if there are any flashbacks, memories, dreams, or further character development that anyone wants to post, please let me know through PM just to give me a heads up. Between episodes is the best time to post them! And I love them sweet sweet backstories.

Episode 6 will return back to our longer format of episodes. There is a potential new player that may be joining us for episode 6.

———
    Lastly....

I have a very, very experimental idea. It is kind of wonky... super wonky. Like I don’t know if it’s ever been done before on the boards. It would be a short, very short mini RP before the next episode that would only require 1 post to participate. Doesn’t need to be a long form post, it could even be 1 sentence if the concept doesn’t tickle your intrigue.

But I want player feedback before I attempt it. This idea was inspired by Master Vo.

12. Master Vo

Master Vo Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2017
    Are these similar to the expansion idea I had? I would be up for trying it so I can continue to experiment with it.

greyjedi125 and darthbernael like this.
  13. The Jedi in the Pumas

Jun 23, 2018
    YES. It’s definitely different and more fits the make up of a television series.

You know how some tv shows will have an episode that isn’t 4th wall breaking, but severely strays from reality of the show? Like a what if episode is what I’m thinking... which is why I said it’s wonky.

Once again... participation isn’t required and it can be as short as just a sentence if people don’t find it interesting. Just a little fun between the episodes.

14. Master Vo

Master Vo Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2017
    That is an interesting idea, and I would want to see what it would look like in the field.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2020
    greyjedi125 and darthbernael like this.
  15. The Jedi in the Pumas

Jun 23, 2018
    Sooooooo....

Today we’ve received an influx of newcomers to the game. This... is awesome. But at the time of this posting, if you haven’t PM’d me about joining, I’m going be closing the game off from anymore players. Never thought I would have this problem and it is a nice problem to have, but I know my limits and I don’t want to do anyone a disservice with diminished quality.

Thanks to everyone for giving 10 ABY a chance and making our little corner of the RPF so lovely! I do not take the time you all give our game lightly and hope I will continue to not let you down!

Last edited: Jul 16, 2020
  16. The Jedi in the Pumas

Jun 23, 2018
    *rereads the episode closing for the 11th time*

*clicks tongue*

So the idea behind Colussia Hazard’s entrance was to create an uneasy, uniquely macabre feel. Like the image nails the ship design I wanted ( @Ktala really confirmed that when Tek describes the ship as “loud”). Just this whale of a ship, slow, loud, billowing smoke into the space.

Just something really unsettling to see in the Star Wars universe.

It kind of feels... a bit overdone which is weird because while writing it I was thinking “this isn’t scary or intimidating enough.” But after reading grey’s and Kat’s posts...

*rambles off down the halls of Jocasta’s mumbling to himself*

[​IMG]

17. Jedi_Ascension

Jedi_Ascension Jedi Padawan star 1

Jun 20, 2020
    I thought it was good personally. Love the my hero academia image!

darthbernael and greyjedi125 like this.
  18. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    As an avid consumer of Sci-Fi, getting spaced out of an airlock of a ship has become a more macabre equivalent of walking the plank in Pirate movies, mainly because drowning in water or getting torn-up by sharks, as horrible as it sounds, seems just a little less terrible than turning into an instant popsicle in the cold of space and being left there to drift for who knows how long. Now doing that en mass.........

I have no words. That's some GoT-in-space level cruelty right there. What an entrance for a villain. She who must be stopped!!! *waves fist!*

The Syndicate must END!!!! [face_skull]:p

19. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Jedi_padawan_leigh Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    Agreed, I got serious chills reading this.

Look out all those on or in the vicinity of the artemis cradle, the pirate queen is here and she wants to make sure you are aware of this fact! *shudder*

edit:

Forgot to add this, I've been getting back into Star Wars: The Old Republic (after a verrry long absence from the game) and they have added a load of different species for the player Character, including a Cathar! So I had a go at recreating Dathisi as I had imagined her when I was putting together my CS. (i couldn't find a cathar image I liked at the time) Its the best I can get with the games quite limited customization options, and she might still look a bit young in this photo for someone who is supposed to be in their Mid 40's, but at least you can get an idea. :)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 18, 2020
  20. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    She looks great, Leigh!!

I'm so bummed, cuz TOR is not available on Mac and that's the only SW game I have not played. I mean, me NOT join a SW MMORPG!!!??? Unheard of! But I can't justify buying a PC just to play a single game. ( Well, make that three: TOR, Diablo III and I'd probably break down and re-install WoW, and wave bye bye to my almost non-existent social life, so better that I don't?? LOLOL ).

21. The Jedi in the Pumas

Jun 23, 2018
    Grey, you own a Mac?

[​IMG]

Like... ew.

22. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    ROTFL!!! [face_laugh]

I've owned several, because I was doing art and needed photoshop. That no longer holds true, but my current Mac is still 100% functional, so yeah. I don't have extra cash to toss at Bill Gates! :p

23. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    @Kurisan

Welcome to the game!! W00T!!!

And your character!! [face_love]@};-

24. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Jedi_padawan_leigh Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    So exciting to see all these new and interesting characters in the game!!! :D

Welcome to the adventure! [face_dancing]

25. Kurisan

Kurisan Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    Thanks @greyjedi125 we just have to stop meeting like this. [face_laugh]

Everyone was saying such good things about it, so when Pumas was recruiting for a treasure hunter, I saw my opportunity. No prizes for guessing the inspiration lol.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a bit of reading to catch up on... who's going to be trying to kill me this time? [face_thinking]