main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO 1000/1000 - The Achievement Whores Guild

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Reynar_Tedros, Aug 3, 2008.

1. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    I've a feeling it's not as few people as you may imagine. Mostly everyone in my friends list who played this game has 1000/1000. Sheer persistance -- and YouTube -- can help anyone conquer that 'cheevo, even if it may take you a thousand attempts to do so.

2. The_Jedihunter

The_Jedihunter Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2009
    MW2 1000/1000

Halo 3 1750/1750

Halo 3 ODST 1000/1000

Halo Reach 1000/1000(non-dlc)

Borderlands 1500/1500(without new add-on)

Oblivion 1250/1250

I also have a good number of achievements in Red Dead, Fallout 3, and a few others. I believe I have a couple of arcade games that are 200 out of 200.

3. Darth-Vassago

Darth-Vassago Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2004
    All trial and error. I won't even act like it was skill. Purely just trying, failing, trying again, failing again, etc. You get further and further each time. I still remember I started by running up and stabbing the first guy, throwing a flashbang, blind firing, throwing a flash bang, etc, etc, etc. It was all flashbangs and luck. I remember I got to the very end and needed to shoot the terrorist holding the hostage and completely panicked and screwed the whole thing up; then I learned the timer doesn't count down when you're fine aiming at that moment.

At least, I don't remember it. [face_thinking]

4. DarkEagle

DarkEagle Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 10, 2009
    Halo Reach- my first one :D

5. Chance the Jedi

Chance the Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 25, 2005
    I 100% Earth Defense Force 2017.:p I'm so ready for the new EDF coming out this summer.

6. DarthVengeant

DarthVengeant Jedi Master star 3

Oct 14, 2004
    Personally, I think achievements should be broken up into two sections. Single Player and Multi-Player. This way, people can get 100% on the Single Player and not get gimmped on their score because of the of Multi-Player achievements not earned. I personally despise Multi-player achievements because I am a single player type or co-op type of person. I don't enjoy having to deal with other people and their nonsense to get an achievement. I prefer to do it alone. People could have 100% on all Single Player achievements and not even have to bother with the Multi-Player, not having it count against them. There are quite a few games I own that I would have 100% on if it were not for the idiotic Multi-player achievements ruining it. Resident Evil 5 for example, the Online achievements on that game are complete BS.

Assassins Creed - 100%

Assassins Creed II - 100%

Star Wars Lego Complete Saga (One more Achievement)

Velvet Assassin - (3 more achievements)

Halo Reach (2 more achievements that are non DLC)

Mass Effect 2 - (4 more achievements, including DLC achievements)

The Force Unleashed (4 more achievements)

7. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    I feel your pain, but I think the chances of what you want happening are slim to none. I don't know what requirements MS impose in regards to achievments, but I take it most of the time developers fashion them in order to reward ordinary single-player gameplay as well as certain feats you may ordinarily (or not so) pull off on any given playthrough. And yes, they will often include 'cheevos for the multiplayer component (if a game has it) as an incentive for people to play that part of the game because developers usually want their game to have some sort of replayability that will increase sales of said game. Of course, they won't care if you don't have an Xbox Live Gold subscription or what your feelings about online play are; they'll put the achievements they want regardless.

I'm an achievement whore too and, when possible, I try to go for 1000/1000 (or more) on the games I purchase. Unfortunately, if the multiplayer component isn't my cup of tea, then I won't bother since I can't waste my time doing something I hate. I'm not too crazy about multiplayer either (except Halo, something that lately I can only explain as pure substance abuse addiction), and I think the one achievement run I'm most proud of is that of Fallout 3: no b.s. multiplayer pain, the 1550/1550 simply bleeped-blooped on my screen out of pure, lonesome effort unihindered by idiots.

8. DarthVengeant

DarthVengeant Jedi Master star 3

Oct 14, 2004
    Yes, however, it wouldn't hurt MS to separate achievements into two groups. People like us seem to be in the "minority" but to me is just makes sense to make two categories.

I admit, Halo Reach has it's "fun" with some of it's multi-player, I prefer Firefight though because it is only 4 people. But some of the achievements I have been unable to get because of how they set things up. Some are very specific, and since you are unable to choose which map or way you play in the lobby, it's more of a guessing game, then I simply can't get them. I've tried. For example, the vehicle specific achievement, I am never able to get on a map with vehicles. And if I finally do, someone just blows me up 2 seconds after I get in it. Extremely frustrating and I do not enjoy it at all, again, it's because I have to deal with other people and cant just get it on my own. It is my one real gripe with Reach. Having to "vote" on what you do or play instead of just being able to choose it from the get go.

I also do not enjoy reading how all these single player games are now adding multiplayer in their sequels. Dead Space 2 (I own), Assassins Creed Brotherhood (I own), a new Resident Evil that is coming out, even God Of War has been in talks with it. This means there will be multiplayer achievements/trophies, and I really do NOT want that in this type of game. I want to buy my game and get 100% on my OWN. The multiplayer in AC:B is a 1 day enjoyment, it's tired and boring after that. I am not going to set for 8 hours playing it in order to get the 4 or 5 achievements it requires. I would be able to get 100% if not for that. I just do not like the direction the industry is headed with social this and multiplayer that.

9. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    What Reach achievements are you having trouble with? The campaign one

10. The_Jedihunter

The_Jedihunter Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2009
    Just achieved 100 percent in Black Ops and Reach. With the DLC. :)

11. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    Just 1130'd Dragon Age II, so I'm set until more DLC is released. Gonna try to keep up.

12. Darth-Vassago

Jun 28, 2004
    Brink, sucka.

13. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    I'm buying Gold again for that game, so you better play with me. :)

14. Darth-Vassago

Jun 28, 2004
    Wait, you'll be on LIVE? I thought you couldn't.

15. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    [Buzz] Can! [/Lightyear]

16. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    Working my way through Mortal Kombat at the moment. Gonna attempt to 940 it. I don't feel like spending 648 hours on the "My Kung Fu is Stronger" achievement. Not exaggerating.

That will undoubtedly go down as one of the most infamous achievements out there.

17. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    I thought that honor went to any of the two Gears of War "Seriously" achievements. I sincerely wonder how many people actually earned either of them.

18. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I'm at driver level 50 in Forza 3 now, and it's kinda stopped being interesting. Most of the cars I use are at Level 5 (the highest), so victories don't really do much, and there's not really an incentive to keep going, other than the last few achievements.

19. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    1100/1200 on LA Noire. The remaining 100g is for the A Slip of the Tongue DLC...which hasn't even been released yet and I don't think I'll even get it anyhoo.

20. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    It's out. I played it yesterday.

21. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Didn't even notice. Is it worth the price of admission?

22. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    I got the Rockstar Pass for $10 and it includes 2 DLC cases now, (I can't remember the name of the other one, it's a Vice case I haven't played yet) 2 suits that were part of preorder bonuses, and 2 upcoming cases to be released sometime in June/July. Seemed like a pretty decent deal to me.

23. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Actually, I meant the case itself (Slip of the Tongue). I don't think I'd wanna invest any thing else in this game as it is.

24. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    Oh. :p
    It was enjoyable. It's about a car stealing ring and it's not so bright members. It features an appearance by Kurt Fuller.
    Considering it individually cost me only about $2 I'd say it was worth it.

25. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Ok, fixed now: 1200/1200 on LA Noire. :D