main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by JPad, Jun 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JPad

JPad Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2002
    I love to collect the 12" figures but I would love to see some like this;

Anikin with flowing Robe and removable arm
    Anakin with Speeder Bike
    Count Dooku with Speeder Bike
    Obi Wan in Kamino fight Robe
    Padme in Arena fight outfit

Anyone else have any ideas of 12" figures they would like too see? I would love to rty and pitch them to Hasbro somehow.

2. NiktosRule

NiktosRule Jedi Padawan star 4

May 8, 2001
    I don't own any 12" figures. I do plan on buying the Plo Koon one that is supposed to be a fan club exclusive. I would love a 12" Nikto whether it be one of Jabba's guards or the Nikto jedi it wouldn't matter to me.

3. JPad

May 19, 2002
    Yes the 12" Plo Koon is on my list already. I hope Hasbro follows thru and does all the Jedi coucil. I would like to see a Yaddle and Kit Fisto too.

4. Padme-Wan_SkyWindu

Padme-Wan_SkyWindu Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2002
    I heard rumors of a 12 inch Padme, but never any specifics. Has one been confirmed?

5. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    I *usually* only collect 12" if they're female characters... so I would love if they would do a nice Padme, and/or Zam Wasell (I think Zam is already supposed to be coming out soon).

I'm *not* going to hold my breath for a 12" figure of the Jedi librarian, though. ;)

6. E CHU TA!

E CHU TA! Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2000
    The 12" Dooku is very cool:

[image=http://www.starwars.com/collecting/feature/20020210/img/60_sm.jpg]

7. TheWampas1138

TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    From what the Hasbro reps said at C2, they will be making a lot of female figures, but not necessarily like the dolls that came out of Padme from Episode II.

This thread is the first I've heard of a 12" Plo Kloon, otherwise that would have been my answer. And they are already completing the bounty hunters with Zuckuss and Dengar.

With those out of the way, I would have to say a 12" Taun We or Lama Su, or maybe a Luminara. Or the Jedi Twi'lek, but I forget her name at the moment.

8. Master_of_Darkness

Master_of_Darkness Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    The next 12'' characters I'm getting are Dooku and Yoda, Dooku looks great, and Yoda, well, is Yoda! I just hope Yoda can be the same quality of the 12'' Clone Commander, which is a real good one.

9. JPad

May 19, 2002
    A 12" Zam is on the way, she is coming out with the Super Battle Droid and Count Dooku. The pictures look pretty good so far but you know how production can be. Yes they are making a 12" Plo Koon as with all the Jedi council members. Right now the ones slated to come out this year are MAce Windu (TRU) Kamindi (not sure if I spelled it right) (who is out overseas alreay in 12" form) and Plo Koon later this year thru the Star Wars fan club exculsives. Yes I would like a kick ass Padme figure from Hasbro since their Anakins likeness stinks and a real hair version of Obi Wan.

10. Jedi-Finney

Jedi-Finney Jedi Master star 4

Mar 22, 2001
    i dont get why when they made tpm 12 inch figures like quigon and obi wan,they had their robes... but the aotc ones do not have robes... its pretty lame.

11. Lord Mauly Mall

Lord Mauly Mall TFN/JC Banner Artist Team star 7 VIP

Oct 21, 1999
    I scored bigtime today. I found 12 inch clonetroopers with red and yellow trim as well as the deluxe 12 inch Jango at KB toys. I simply couldn't stand the agony of not having one of each so I got the red and yellow clones and Jango and it came out to $101. I also have a regular 12inch clone and I set it up so they're all standing next to each other with Jango in the middle and MAN it looks tough! There's nothing like good 12 inch figures.

Oh and the Jango figure is shorter than the clones.

12. JPad

May 19, 2002
    Yes 12" are great they can have such awsome detail, like the new Count Dooku coming out. I agree I hate that TPM 12" figures have large Jedi Robes and the AOTC figures do not. I always said that Hasbro should make outfits for the SW 12" figures like they do for their 12" GI Joe figures.

Anyone know how to get that Kai Mindi 12" figure thru the SW Fan club yet?

13. Phantom_Catfish

Phantom_Catfish Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2001
    I pray they make the 6 inch (12 inch version) R2-D2. I hope if they do make it, it will have FX sounds and lights. Maybe they can put his rockets on there as well.

14. JPad

May 19, 2002
    A cool R2 would be nice, they have made a few R2s in the 6inch version and he has had alot of options so maybe the AOTC version will sport his new rockets. I hope the Super Battle Droid comes out well also since they look very cool in the movie. Droids seems like such easy figures to make in the 12" version, I dont understand why maybe its cause a droid is easier to capture in plastic then a actors face.

15. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    Must....get....12-inch....Zuckuss....

16. JediRiff

JediRiff Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 2, 2002
    Does anyone else think that the last Chewy that put out looked like utter garbage? you know, the REALLY REALLY ugly one that was shipped with Slave Leia, and Endor Han?

I still get queasy looking at that monstrosity, hehe.

17. TheWampas1138

Apr 2, 2002
    The plastic mold one? Yeah, that's why you can get an army of them. I just have the furry Chewie (new from Hostess). While he looks like Chewie on Slim Fast and his arms and legs aren't jointed like the other figures, still looks way better than the current one, and fits the Threepio backpack well.

18. JPad

May 19, 2002
    I agree about 12" Chewies, I have the one in chain and he is pretty good but he looks like he stepped out of a dryer set to fluff. I dont know what Hasbro was thinking making the molded plastic version, hell the original 12" plastic chewie looked better.

One cool 12" figure I always liked is the Obi Wan Kenobi with blast helmet and glowing lighsabre, pose him with Ponda Baba with his arm removed making a classic pose.

19. InsaneChiss

InsaneChiss Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 29, 2000
    Does anyone know if a 12in Young Boba Fett in Episode 2 is going to be released?

I know if one is released it won't actually be 12inches in height but like Episode 1's Anakin Skywalker. Anakin Skywalker was categrized in the 12inch line.

[image=http://www.rebelscum.com/ep1/EP112anakin.jpg]

http://www.rebelscum.com/EP112inchanakin.asp

20. QueenDorme

QueenDorme Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 9, 2002
    I would LOVE 12inch portrait editons of Amidala, Senators and Sepratists.

How cool would that be...drool. ;) :p

21. PhantomMenace

PhantomMenace Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 20, 2001
    I have the Collector Series Chewie and the Action Collection Chewie in Chains. It almost cost me my arm and leg hunting them down, but I finally got them at the times they were out a few years ago. People in this area were fighting for them, even officials such as policeman! There was this one time when a lady went to Target and found one, and the policeman showed up saying that he had been coming almost everyday checking for the CS Chewie and that it should rightfully be his. Of course, this wasn't true, but he still yanked it from her arms and stormed off with it! And another time a man put the six different Wal-Mart exclusive Cantina Band Members on layaway at Wal-Mart. This same police officer happened to witness this, and after the man left, and when the layaway cashier wasn't looking, he took the six aliens and paid for the up front! The layaway cashier noticed they were gone and caught up with him as he was heading out the door. They got them back and held them for the original customer.

It's amazing what some people will do for these dolls. This isn't so very much anymore, because most 12 inch figures and exclusives are pretty evenly distributed so that everyone has a chance to get them.

22. TheWampas1138

Apr 2, 2002
    I'm surprised I forgot this one when I first posted, but considering that the 3 3/4" one is one of my favorites, I'd have to say I'd like to see a 12" Gamorrean Guard.

Others I would like: A Weequay, Nikto (and I agree with NiktosRule, I'd take the Jedi one or Jabba's guards), maybe a Thrawn or Mara, or a Veers. Yes, that sounds good, a Veers. Then again, a 3 3/4 Veers would be nice (and don't tell me that the AT-AT Commander with generic face counts)

23. Sketkh

Sketkh Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 22, 2002
    I would love to see a duo set of Padme and Anakin in their Refugee disguises.

24. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    Yoda Yoda I would die for a Yoda!!!!!!

25. lordmack

lordmack Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 5, 2002
    12" Darth Sidious!!!!!!!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.