main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge 12th Annual (2018) Non-Denominational Winter Holiday Fic-Gift Exchange! Stories due January 13th!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by mavjade , Nov 27, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Alrighty! Coming up with this story flexed my writing muscles something fierce, but I have @Vek Talis' fic-gift started on the SW side of things. [face_dancing] :D

"My Name's a War Song"

Enjoy! [:D]

2. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    Not familiar at all with KOTOR but I'm glad to see all aspects of the GFFA getting love this holiday season.

Ewok Poet, TheRynJedi, Kahara and 3 others like this.
  3. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2018
    Ewok Poet, Mira_Jade , Kahara and 4 others like this.
  4. Kahara

Kahara FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Mar 3, 2001
    I'm so happy to see the range of stories this year! [face_dancing] I've been struck with the plague and may be later in commenting than I'd hoped, but am glad for the reading material.

(And yes, I do fully intend to get there. Just, once I emerge from this tissue cocoon. Yuck.)

5. TheRynJedi

TheRynJedi Jedi Master star 3

Jun 20, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
    Ewok Poet, Vek Talis, Kahara and 5 others like this.
  6. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Just a reminder that your fic-gifts are Due January 13th. I'll be sending out PM reminders in the next day or two.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  7. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Kahara, TheRynJedi, brodiew and 3 others like this.
  8. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    I'm not done yet, but I'm on it and committed to it. I wanted it to be ready for either the new calendarist Christmas or New Year's Eve...couldn't, so yeah.

9. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    The first part of my gift for @divapilot is up: The Makeover.

(I apologise in advance for posting the rest after the deadline, the end-of-year holidays were a bit rough.)

Kahara, Mira_Jade , Ewok Poet and 4 others like this.
  10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
    Kahara, Mira_Jade , Ewok Poet and 3 others like this.
  11. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Another successful Fic-Gift Exchange! Thank you all for participating!

I especially want to thank Mira_Jade and WarmNyota_SweetAyesha for pinch-writing! It's a huge help so thank you both!! [:D]

We have a few outstanding SW fic-gifts not as of yet posted. I've contacted most of the people who haven't gotten theirs with an updated timeline from the author, if you haven't, I will hopefully get one for you soon. Please keep PMing me if you've not gotten yours by the timeline given/you don't hear one from me soon.

The first page has been updated with all of the fics.

Kahara, Mira_Jade , Vek Talis and 2 others like this.
  12. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    I have hell in my head, but I finally have a plot in my head as well, so...no worries about me. <3

Kahara likes this.
  13. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Alrighty! I had computer issues hit me right as I loaded up my fan fiction plate, because of course that's how DRL goes. :oops: So I sincerely appologize for the delay, @Ewok Poet! But your fic-gift is finally here now: "Sleeping Giants" :D [face_love] [:D]

There's been some truly fantastic content written across the board, this year, that said! I can't wait to dive in and catch up on my reading, just as much as I'm enjoying writing for some very unique prompts. [face_love] [:D]

EDIT: And for @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, I have your Star Trek fic-gift up on the NSWFF side of things! "According to the Fixed Law of Gravity" [face_love] [:D]

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
  14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Delicious, it was too! =D=

Mira_Jade and Vek Talis like this.
  15. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    mavjade and Kahara like this.
  16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
  17. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
  18. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    The amount of guilt here is enormous.

@mavjade and @DaenaBenjen42 - I apologise for not having been able to complete my fic-gift is enormous.

@Mira_Jade - I saw the first part of your story for me the day I left. I saw that it was great. I WILL and MUST catch-up with it. I appreciate it and love it. I'm sorry. I didn't want to be that person, especially since I was on the receiving end a couple of years ago myself.

@WarmNyota_SweetAyesha - I apologise to you too, because you had to fill in for my sorry, suddenly-unreliable NOUN.

Sorry, sorry, sorry. Love you all.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2019
  19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    @Ewok Poet -- YOU'RE BACK, YAY YAY. OH, THE RAISSA AND FINDS GEMS that have been posted during your hiatus, totally mega SQUEEAGE! [face_love]

Mira_Jade , brodiew and Findswoman like this.
  20. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    ...don't feel bad, Ewok Poet. I got writer's blocked on the one I was trying to do. :) (Also... Hi!!!!)

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.