main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC 13 Data Milestones for 2013

Discussion in 'Community' started by Jabbadabbado, Dec 30, 2013.

1. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    I have rarely seen a more noble, truthful discussion laid out on this topic at any time. I salute you.

2. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    It's basically this. My current cell phone costs me $10 a month. Spending an extra $70 a month on a smart phone, plus $100 to get it, would not be something I could manage budgetwise, and locks me in a contract going forward.

3. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Lol we're not rich... my dad's been unemployed since summer, my mom's a teacher, and I'm an AmeriCorps volunteer. And the only social media I use is Facebook, maybe posting something once a month. I work 10-12 hours a day, 5 days a week, so it's not like I have much free time on the weekdays anyways.

I'm planning on having this phone for 5-6 years, like it was with my two previous phones (this is only the 3rd phone I've had in my entire life),. So I got the newest one (so mine doesn't get completely outdated too fast, my old phone's memory kept filling up because of automatic updates to undeletable programs) that was at the cheapest price. What's financially unwise about that?

It's doable if you prioritize, and it's one of your priorities. And what's bad about a contract?

4. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Can we please do what Darth Guy suggested and discuss about J-Law now?

5. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    A contract means that I can't roll with what happens because I have to be paying that money. Rather than be a bit more flexible to circumstances, like when my car was totaled and I had, like, two weeks to get it replaced, before I could get the insurance money.

6. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    A lot of carriers nowadays offer no contract services for smartphones... a sensible, cheap option could be found there.

7. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    Yes but you're clearly not poor. Try living in a back alley crack house with little to no income. That's poor.

8. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Didn't say I was poor. Just that I'm definitely not rich or upper-middle-class.