main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:VIC 15th February - the next StarWalking VicFF meet!

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Jedi_Master_Damir, Jan 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Master_Damir

Jedi_Master_Damir Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    Being to good, non official, member I am, today I recieved my Star Walking Inc. - Dates To Remember newsletter and noticed Melbourne's next meet is on the 15th.

Now, here is the big question... Who is coming?! Now before people start making up excuses, you have enough time to clear your calendar cause we really need a proper meet. So don't make any plans for this date, cause 'you're all bloody coming' as PoT so nicely put it :p

2. lordvaderFF

lordvaderFF Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    and there are going to be some "Special Bonuses" for members that attend meetings during this year.

If you haven't joined and want to get the bonuses......sign up at the meeting on the 15th.

Thanks for reminding everyone JMD....see you there.

3. darth_brutus

darth_brutus Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    Well I'm going to say right now that I will NOT be able to come - that day happens to be my Dad's 50th birthday, so I have no chance of getting out of the house. ;)

4. lordvaderFF

Nov 29, 2000
    HEY!!!!!

Bring Dad along!

Well make a cake and sing Happy Birthday....

What could be better that 100+ Star Wars fans singing Happy Birthday. :)

5. darth_brutus

May 25, 2002
    Somehow I don't think he'd be all that enthused by the prospect. :p

6. lordvaderFF

Nov 29, 2000
    GEEEEEEEEEEEEZ....I hope when I turn 50 that my kids will drag my along to a meeting I hold no interest in so a bunch of total strangers (some stranger than others) can sing happy birthday to me out of time and out of tune. :)

There's just no pleasing some people. :D

7. The_Shadow88

The_Shadow88 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 17, 2002
    What exactly are these StarWalking meets?
    I am busy around then but I may be able to come.

8. lordvaderFF

Nov 29, 2000
    Basicly it's a gathering where Star Wars fans from all walks of life can get together and discuss all aspects of the Star Wars Universe on an event ground.

We have games, discussions, raffles, AUCTIONS, dealers (improving in 2003), video rooms, and all sorts of madness.

We watch fan films, discuss fan films, and dream about making our own fan films. We give the latest news from the world of Lucasfilm and occasionally we have a special guest or two drop in.

There is a library of Star Wars related book, videos, DVDs, and audio tapes to borrow (free to members) and a fairly well stocked kitchen. :)

It's a place where you can let your fandom all hang out and not be judged. It's a place where you can be yourself, meet some really great people, and perhaps learn something new about the Star Wars Universe.

But mostly, it's a place to have fun and meet some of the best people in the world.
    I love every meeting, and I think the people that attend (although some can be a bit "over the top" at times) are the best, nicest, and most likable people you'll find anywhere. :D

For more info:
    Star Walking - Events for 2003
    Web site is being updated this week.

EDITS: Couldn't get the link to work.

9. HawkNC

HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    Five edits, LV? For shame. ;)

I will make an attempt to attend this one, I promise. Just so that those of you who are beginning to think I don't actually exist can see why I've avoided meets for so long. :p

10. TheBoogieMan

TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 14, 2001
    hmmm..... this sounds interesting.... i might be able to make it.... though my band has a gig sometime around then

11. lordvaderFF

Nov 29, 2000
    Bring 'em along.

Could be fun.

12. Jedi_Jess

Jedi_Jess Jedi Youngling star 1

May 21, 2002
    I'll see what I can do to make it.
    No promises just yet

13. lordvaderFF

Nov 29, 2000
    This time make sure EVERYONE tells me who they are.

14. HawkNC

Oct 23, 2001
    No probs. You're the big guy with asthma, right? ;)

15. Shara_82

Shara_82 Administrator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 10, 2001
    I'm Shara.

That help? ;)

16. darth_brutus

May 25, 2002
  17. lordvaderFF

Nov 29, 2000
    At this meeting....YES...I will be the big guy with the asthma.

When I'm not being him....I'm kinda hard to miss.

18. Protege-of-Thrawn

Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 14, 2001
    Damir summed it up: your all bloody coming!!

I'm going to force that bludger RP to come, and possibly Fatboyslim as well.
    I will speak to Jet-Eye, but rest assured the dynamic Mandalore duo will be back again to wander around randomly crying out "Sith-Lord Mixo" and "Lute!" in a subversive yet quite overt attempt to communicate.

Yes, once again we will be obvious and quite easy to spot by the horrified yet bemused grins we would flick to one another when some loveable loon crys out "And the Wookiees" or when Dags gets a little-too-excited over the collector's edition George Lucas pocket Lint up for auction.

If Hawk doesn't show his face (Hefts cricket stump) I'm going to bloody find you, and clobber you. You understand boy?

But on a brief and concise note of seriousness: I urge all to attend; moreover, all to sign up as members.
    I have greatly enjoyed the StarWalking Publications that regularly appear in my mail - filled with fun fan-fiction and other Victorian Fandom - and judging from the last Starwalking meet, it really is a barrel of fun to be had by all.

As Damir said; you've been given fair warning. Go on; I BLOODY dare you!!!

19. Jet-Eye

Jet-Eye Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2001
    Hmm, Master Hawk lives in Cheltenham, right? I think we might drive by his place, infiltrate his property, pick him up - with force, if necessary - and throw him into the boot. Then, and only then, can we be assured that HeWhoIsHawkNC will bloody be there!

Well, Kane, we obviously didn't learn from our first visit if we're going back, eh?

20. HawkNC

Oct 23, 2001
    Your little Peugot can't hold more than two people, JE? I would have thought you'd have a spacious back seat for...accommodating your friends...yeah, that works.

*cough*

21. JADES_FIRE

JADES_FIRE Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    Well, as my girlfriend and I have just split up :( My calander is clear around Valintines Day. :p

A day around fellow Star Wars fans might be just what I need! ;)

22. The-Lute

The-Lute Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 29, 2002
    Don't know about coming PoT. You were sitting right behind us, yet you never said hello. :mad:

23. Protege-of-Thrawn

Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 14, 2001
    I bed to differ Lute. It was you who was right in front of us, and yet didn't even have the decency to turn around and give us a cheerio. ;)

JE: Bloody ripper idea. We'll stalk he-who-isHawkNC and kidnap him in lieu of a huge undertaking known as the "15th of Feb Starwalking MEET!"

So I'm excited. Who else?

24. darth_brutus

May 25, 2002
    Slightly off topic, but any idea if/when there will be a Midnight-to-Dawn at Dark Zone this year Chris?

25. Jet-Eye

Jet-Eye Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2001
    Yeah, I'm annoyed I missed that last time - had to go to a freakin' useless Music bloody Camp - and am very keen to go again! I just love shooting people with laserguns for fun!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.