main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

18 Apr 2006 -=- The Return of A Hero -- After 3 YEARS THE CONCLUSION

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by JM-Anakin-Solo, Apr 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JM-Anakin-Solo

JM-Anakin-Solo Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2002
    Title: The Return of A Hero
    Author: JM-Anakin-Solo
    Rating: This is tough, I'll give it a PG for now. I really don't like the Vong so some of their deaths may be a little gruesome. ;) If the situation changes I will change the rating.
    Time Period: NJO - Post SbS
    Sample Paragraph: Then he called on the Force. The air started to circle around him, the warriors stopped to see what this new trick was. Anakin closed his eyes as he focused himself. The air around him had started to rotate slowly and eventually picked up speed. Anakin?s unkempt hair began to blow back and forth, and the warriors were mesmerized. The vortex of air rushing around Anakin continued to increase its velocity. Small pieces of Yorrick Coral were picked up and they began orbiting around the young Jedi. Once Anakin was certain he had the attention of all the warriors present he began heating up the outer three centimeters of the vortex surrounding him. The molecules in the small area began moving rapidly and they started to glow. With in a few seconds the glow had become an intense, bright vortex surrounding Anakin.

The Return of a Hero

Chapter 1 ? The Calling

Master Nen Yim eyed her specimen carefully. He had been collected during an attack on the Yuuzhan Vong cloning facilities. He was a peculiar human, much younger than most of the humans Nen Yim had encountered before. In fact, by human standards, he was not yet an adult, but this he had proven himself to be trouble before. As she studied what would be her newest project, she could not help but wonder what this infidel was thinking of.

Pain. Overwhelming pain.

The pain never ceased, it was always there on the edge of his consciousness always threatening to overtake him and constantly eating away at his willpower.

Heart-break. Separation.

There was someone, just beyond his reach, someone he loved dearly, but he could not place a name.

Weak.

He was frail and barely able to cling to life.

Fear.

Puzzlement.

He was not sure where he was and it frightened him. He would have called out if he had the energy.

Focus.

He had to focus his energy.

Struggling.

As he struggled to build up his diminished energy the pain increased.

Agggghhh!!!

Must defeat the pain, must overcome.

Finally, he had the energy he needed and he stopped stockpiling the energy.

Peace. Calm. Pain subsiding.

He finally had the strength he needed and he opened his eyes. Immediately a new wave of pain was upon him, and he closed his eyes. The pain subsided.

Breathe. Concentrate.

He opened his eyes again. This time as the pain washed over him he ignored it. He was disoriented and needed to know where he was. Things were blurry and he could only see silhouettes.

Pain. Relax. Breathe.

That?s when he realized he wasn?t breathing, at least not on his own. He was in some sort of liquid and something had been fitted over his mouth to breath for him. His first thought after this revelation was relief. He must be in a bacta tank, which would mean he was safe.

Then he noticed the liquid was green, not blue. He focused intently on his surroundings and remained motionless, not that he could move if he wanted to. However, the liquid around him moved, ever-so-slightly, barely detectable, but movement nonetheless. This was not a good sign.

Then he focused on the breathing apparatus. He could feel tendrils snaking down the back of his throat, latching onto his trachea and keeping the breather in place. This was definitely not good.

Then it hit him. He was not in a bacta tank, he was in an animal, an altered creature, altered by the Yuuzhan Vong.

Memories started coming back to him now.

Running. Sacrifice.

He had been running and fighting something, he had sacrificed himself to save his friends.

Pai

2. JM-Anakin-Solo

Mar 18, 2002

Chapter 2 ? Shaping Trust

Anakin knew he had to escape, he may have been strong in the Force, but with the ysalamiri blocking him he was growing weak. He still had access to the branch of the Force, in which, the Yuuzhan Vong existed, but he was not trained in it, the most he could accomplish, with this new branch, was detection of the Yuuzhan Vong and some small-scale telekinesis.

He opened himself to the Yuuzhan Vong Force, which he had come to call the Vigor, a word synonymous with force but also indicative of the strength and solace it offered him. He tried to get a feel for the holding area he was in. Anakin stretched out his senses. He could feel the gnullith providing him air. He stretched out further and he could feel the creature that was confining him. He could feel the two creatures breathing and he could detect vague emotions from them, less so from the gnullith.

He stretched out farther and he could feel the living test-tubes and the biological concoctions they contained. He increased his range and felt a Yuuzhan Vong, but not just any Yuuzhan Vong. This was Nen Yim, the Master Shaper that had abandoned the methods of the gods. Anakin focused on her for awhile, trying to learn more about her. As his focus neared her brainstem he considered detaching her spinal cord from her brainstem, but the thought only lasted a moment. He knew the limits of the Force, but the Vigor was new to him and the bondaries between light and dark were unclear to him.

He probed around her brain, hoping for something, anything, any piece of information that he could manipulate into an escape. He found nothing, because at almost the exact instant he came into contact with her brain, a mental defense had arisen and he was locked out. Anakin was surprised, no Yuuzhan Vong had ever displayed anything even remotely resembling the Jedi?s ability to manipulate the Force. He realized that Nen Yim was just as close-minded as any politician he had ever met and she probably kept her emotions even closer. One of the creatures in the room had alerted her that Anakin was conscious and Nen Yim turned to face Anakin. Even though he could not see her through the creature that was holding him he was able to feel the smile that drew across her face.

?Are we ready to start the shaping, for today?? she mockingly asked. Unable to answer her, Anakin remained silent. ?I shall take your silence as a yes? she said after waiting only a few seconds.

Anakin drew his senses in, preparing for the shaping. Shaping was an excruciating ordeal, but knowing that Tahiri, his friend turned girlfriend, had endured Nen Yim?s shaping gave him the strength he needed to pull through, and made him realize how brave she truly was. When he got back to Tahiri he would never again leave her side.

Nen Yim began to play with the neural nodes and knobs next to Anakin?s living prison. The pain that was always at the edge of his mind increased to a higher, but still tolerable, level. Anakin knew Nen Yim had altered Tahiri?s mind, changing the neural pathways and adding new memories. He could feel this being done on himself. He would offer as much of a struggle as he could by moving memories around and changing his thoughts. However, that would only work for a short time, eventually Nen Yim would grow tired of his tarrying and she would increase the pain until he became unconscious and could no longer fight her.

Anakin could tell that, today, Nen Yim was not in a mood to be trifled with. He had only just started his trick when the pain immediately spiked and his whole body wanted to convulse. However, the creature he was imprisoned with did not permit much movement and the pain increased. Right before he lost consciousness he made a discovery, a very important discovery that could lead to his escape.
    Then there was nothingness. Anakin had blacked out.

When he came to he immediately tried to stretch himself out, with the Force. However, the ysalamiri was still there and he switched to

3. Tahiri

Tahiri Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2001
    This is really good :) Write more soon!!!!

4. JM-Anakin-Solo

Mar 18, 2002
    I should be posting more pretty soon... I'm on Spring Break right now and I have a lot of free time... for once. ;)

5. J_K_DART

J_K_DART Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    STUNNING!!! I LOVE IT!!!

Now if only the NJO writers would look this story up and use it...

6. JM-Anakin-Solo

Mar 18, 2002

Chapter 3 ? Escaping the Shaping

Nen Yim was watching her specimen, observing him. If she hoped to shape him, successfully, she would have to learn more about this Jeedai. He was definitely a strong sorcerer, but his magic did not appear to be mere tricks, or slight of hand. He had access to some power that the gods had kept hidden from the Yuuzhan Vong, this only proved to further her belief that the gods did not exist.

Nen Yim was staring at a living readout of the Jeedai?s brain activity. Most of the changes she had made the day before had been undone and the memories she had implanted were removed. She noticed that many of his true memories rerouting and establishing many multiple connections inside his brain. When she closed one route to a memory three new routes appeared.

Nen Yim wished she had access to this, so called, Force. She had seen it power before and she knew that if she could access it her shaping powers would be limitless. She would be able to enter the brain of her specimens, instead of using another creature, and she would be able to alter the minds however she saw fit. She knew the Jeedai could do this because she had already felt the infidel trying to penetrate her mind. She could not be positive of what had actually happened, because as soon as she felt it the tough was gone. It was almost imperceptible; a wisp of smoke that had settled on her head, gently running the length of her brain, moving ever so slightly back and forth. But she did detect it and she immediately locked her mind, she was not sure how she had done this but it worked nonetheless.

She noticed that when he was unconscious she made her best progress and immediately after he awakened the work was undone. She walked over to the holding animal and looked Anakin in the eye. He looked to be asleep, but she knew better, she had seen his brain waves racing only minutes before.

?I know what you are doing? she said.

Anakin heard the barely audible voice through the creature and it took his brain a few seconds to decipher what she had said. At first, his heart raced, as he feared she had somehow learned of his plans for escape. However, that did not seem likely, so he calmed himself and waited for her to continue.

?I know you are undoing my work? Nen Yim continued. She glanced over at the creature relaying Anakin?s vital signs. His heart rate had spiked a few seconds ago, but it had returned to normal levels. She thought it was peculiar, but decided Anakin had just been scared.

?You resist my work until the pain increases and you pass out. Then my work is easy, but when you wake up all my work is undone,? Nen Yim explained.

?This will stop now!? she demanded.

?Since my best work is when you are unconscious, I shall keep you unconscious.? She began increasing the pain to his young body. She saw the pained expression on his face and saw his body trying to contort, being unable to move, she knew, would only increase the pain and she smiled.

?I shall see you in a few weeks when I have completed my work and you are ready to be reborn as a Yuuzhan Vong.

The hard part for Anakin was pretending he was unconscious. He decreased the activity in the areas of his brain that would be obvious signs he was conscious. Then he moved his focus, his being, into his subconscious sections. These sections would always be active, whether or not he was conscious. He used his newly gained powers in the Vigor to shield the increased activity in these sections. It had taken awhile to perfect, but it worked; Nen Yim thought he was out cold, but he was fully aware of everything around him.

The warden had learned to trust him and had even befriended Anakin. By reading certain changes in the warden he could sense changes in the room, without having to push his senses outward. Anakin knew that, Evil Lady, as the warden had come to call her, was Nen Yim, and that when she entered the room the warden would ten

7. SWMara

SWMara Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2001
    Now that's a good story! Looking forward to more of it. :D

8. Lonewolf89

Lonewolf89 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 26, 2001
    Great fic!

9. Tahiri

Apr 9, 2001
    That was a great escape :D Can't wait to see how he escapes a shipload of Vong that are alerted to the situation...

10. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    great story but i have a few questions.
    what does the warden look like? is Anakin in his body now? i thought it was burned?

11. JM-Anakin-Solo

Mar 18, 2002
    jacen200015: The warden is just what he calls the creature that is holding him... in the first section it is described as semi-translucent and he thinks he is in bacta at first but he notices it has a green tint. It is basically a restricive gel like substance that he is being held in, and since it is Vong technology it is alive. Sorry if I wasn't clear enough with the description earlier.

And this story goes along the idea that the Body recovered was a clone of Anakin. But I will tell that whole part later. When Anakin is reunited with his family they will ask questions, because they saw him die, then he will explain what happened after they saw him 'die'

12. JM-Anakin-Solo

Mar 18, 2002
    Not wanting to dissappoint here is the next chapter:

Chapter 4 ? Running Man

Anakin was in his element. He was opening floodgates and allowing the Force and the Vigor to fill him. Where one stopped and the other began he no longer knew. He knew the combination could be lethal, not only to those that opposed him but also to himself. With as much power flowing through him as there was it would be easy for him to pull more towards himself.

He knew that if he pulled this power in he would be unable to tame it and he would be overcome by the dark side. While he did not doubt the dark side would aid his escape nicely, he refused to allow it control. He had to return to Tahiri and he was not about to let the dark side of the Force come between him and his love.

Anakin was in search of a ship that could take him away from this world ship. He sensed Nen Yim a deck above and one hundred meters ahead. He could feel her panic and he knew she was going to flee the world ship, this was his chance. He broke into an all-out run to catch up with her, and he almost ran right into his death. He blindly charged around a corner and came face to face with four Yuuzhan Vong warriors. Shocked for only a second, he dug his heels into the ground and skidded to a stop.

The lead warrior spoke first, ?Do-ro?ik vong pratte!? His amphistaff slithered down his arm but remained limp.

Anakin quickly gave mental designations to the four warriors: the lead warrior was Scar-face; the second warrior was Bigs; the third warrior was Smalls; and the final warrior was Ugly. Anakin took the stiff amphistaff he had used before and, just for show, he twirled it in a figure eight around his head and stepped one foot forward as he was bringing the amphistaff down into an attack stance. His right arm was holding the amphistaff, pointed at the Scar-face, and his left arm was fully extended to Scar-face. He turned his left hand palm up and motioned for the warrior group to approach, the lopsided grin on his face issuing more than a dare, a challenge.

The warriors eagerly accepted, all four stepping forward to fight him. This would have to be quick, he could already feel Nen Yim moving further and further away. He would use the Vigor to detect his enemies and guide his blows, but also counted on the Force to replenish his strength and aid his fighting movements.

Scar-face was the first to strike, with a flick of his wrist the whip lurched forward, aimed at Anakin?s face, but Anakin had predicted this and he moved out of the way and easily dodged the attack. Bigs and the rest of the warriors had their amphistaffs stiffen into the infamous staff variation and they were beginning their attacks. Bigs swung low, while Smalls swung high with Ugly thrusting forward. Anakin blocked Bigs low and at the same time fell unto his back, using the Force to cushion his fall. Smalls' attack no longer being a concern Anakin focused on Ugly. Anakin grabbed the staff, moving the tip towards the ground, finally striking only centimeters from his own face.

?Have a nice trip!? Anakin exclaimed as he kicked his right foot into Ugly?s chest, launching Ugly into the air. Anakin used the Vigor to guide Ugly?s fall and made certain the warrior fell sharply on the end up his own amphistaff, which was now standing straight up. Two pops were heard as the end of the staff entered and, soon after, exited the chest of the warrior.

Before Ugly even hit the amphistaff Anakin was already swinging his own amphistaff low to the ground, catching Smalls? ankle and bringing him down. As soon as he heard the reassuring pops that signaled Ugly?s death Anakin swung his legs up then rocked forward as he kicked, bring himself to a standing position. He towered over Smalls and took his amphistaff back and thrust it into the Smalls? neck, with so much force that the head disconnected and rolled five feet away, stopping only when it hit one of the walls.

Anakin felt a great pain as the whip from Scar-face came around and caught hi

13. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    thanks for clearing that up, keep writing.

14. JM-Anakin-Solo

Mar 18, 2002
    thanks for clearing that up, keep writing.
    Will do :)

15. JM-Anakin-Solo

Mar 18, 2002
    Well I did it... I was able to add a 4th chapter to the story. It is still not complete, probably 2-3 more chapters but I am going on vacation tomorrow and I will be unable to update for a few days. I'm sure when I get back I will have the whole rest of the story figured out and I'll be able to complete it in a few days of returning. Until then :p

16. Tahiri

Apr 9, 2001
    Lol, that was a great way to get out of there -- just run through and knock down anything/everything in your way! 8-} If you're going away, make sure to post sometime soon after you get back!

17. JM-Anakin-Solo

Mar 18, 2002
    I will probably post something the day after I get back, should have lotsa ideas while on my vacation. I'm going to the beach so I may even end up being inspired enough to write a Mon Calamari fan fic, wouldn't that be interesting. ;)

18. SWMara

SWMara Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2001
    JMAS, are you Greg Keyes in disguise or something? This is very exciting! :)

19. -Vua_Rapuung-

-Vua_Rapuung- Jedi Youngling

Apr 4, 2002
    JM-Anakin asked me to keep his story from drifting to the bottom while he is away so I'll probably be bumping this up about once a day.

20. Lonewolf89

Lonewolf89 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 26, 2001
    I'll try to keep an eye out for it too.

21. Rogue_of-Peace

Rogue_of-Peace Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    Don't forget about Jacen, though!

Great story so far, but remember to tie up loose ends. Jacen is one of those. You didn't have his reaction to Anakin's message, assuming he got it. Since this is your story, I won't tell you how to write about Jacen's situation, (of course) but I would think he'd be near.

Come back soon!

22. JM-Anakin-Solo

Mar 18, 2002
    Jacen is one of those. You didn't have his reaction to Anakin's message, assuming he got it. Since this is your story, I won't tell you how to write about Jacen's situation, (of course) but I would think he'd be near.

Yes I was trying to figure out how to write Jacen's reaction... but then I remembered he was still a captive for the Vong. I will probably have a Jacen reaction later, if I remember correctly he was cut off from the Force in DJ

23. JM-Anakin-Solo

Mar 18, 2002
    JMAS, are you Greg Keyes in disguise or something? This is very exciting!

Maybe so maybe so ;)

24. J_K_DART

J_K_DART Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Got to second that Keyes statement - of all the NJO books I've loved his the most, but this is excellent.

[Here begins overlong quote]

Then the idea hit him. He slowly started to pull the air out of the antechamber where the warriors were waiting for him. He did not drain the air completely, but, instead, he left plenty so that the warriors would not notice the change. He walked into the room and made sure they saw him. Their weapons were already en guard and they attacked en masse. Anakin waited until they were within ten meters of him.

Then he called on the Force. The air started to circle around him, the warriors stopped to see what this new trick was. Anakin closed his eyes as he focused himself. The air around him had started to rotate slowly and eventually picked up speed. Anakin?s unkempt hair began to blow back and forth, and the warriors were mesmerized. The vortex of air rushing around Anakin continued to increase its velocity. Small pieces of Yorrick Coral were picked up and they began orbiting around the young Jedi. Once Anakin was certain he had the attention of all the warriors present he began heating up the outer three centimeters of the vortex surrounding him. The molecules in the small area began moving rapidly and they started to glow. With in a few seconds the glow had become an intense, bright vortex surrounding Anakin.

The warriors feared what might come of this attack and they charged Anakin. They had not noticed when Anakin initially drained the air out of the antechamber and they had been too engrossed by the show Anakin was putting on to realize that he had drained even more air out of the area, up into his vortex. The warriors had raced to get to Anakin to begin an attack, but they never made it. Hypoxia had already begun to set in and when they took off their bodies demanded more oxygen, unable to find it they all collapsed. When Anakin sensed they had all fallen he dropped his vortex and ran to the iris door up ahead. Even if the warriors had reached Anakin they would have been burnt to a crisp by the intense heat of the outer layer of the vortex. Anakin had been kept safe by the inner layers of cool air, which acted as a buffer between him and the intense heat. In fact he hadn?t even broken a sweat.

[Here ends overlong quote]

NOW THAT'S WHAT I CALL IMAGINATION!!! STUNNING WORK! More please!

25. JM-Anakin-Solo

Mar 18, 2002
    Sorry about the long wait for this update. I was on vacation and then I started another fic. It's pretty good, there's a link to it in my sig.

Anyway here it is... Enjoy

Chapter 5 ? The Space Race

Anakin made a quick count of the ships and he almost dropped his jaw. There were two corvette analogs and one carrier which was -- just now -- releasing all of its skips. The odds were against him, but he had learned long ago to ignore the odds.

With Myrkr so close making the hyperspace jump would be impossible, but then again it would also be impossible to get passed the ships that were quickly coming to meet him. Anakin threw the ship into a hard about face and headed back to the world ship.

The world ship had its detachment of skips but they were few and they would have to open the docking bay doors again to release them. Anakin knew he only had five minutes before those skips would join the chase. A plan had been forming in Anakin?s mind, and it might just work. If it didn?t, well most people still thought he was dead and he would at least take a few Vong with him.

He nosed the shaper?s ship so that it was facing the world ship dead on and he increased to ramming speed. His plan was working, at least so far. The ships in pursuit of him had slowed, fully expecting him to become just another smear on their already decrepit world ship. Anakin would give them no such pleasure.

Anakin ignored the blaring proximity alarms the ship was supplying. The Force was guiding him now and he no longer needed a ship to tell him what to do. The Force told him to pull up or die and he pulled up. The g-force was immense at first as the ship had been caught off guard and struggled to compensate for the sharp turn.

When the other ships failed to see the blaze and roiling fire ball, that would have indicated his crash, they resumed the pursuit.

Anakin was skimming the surface of the world ship now using his dovin basal to pick up small chunks of yorick coral and trailing the pieces behind him as he grazed the surface. The pieces of yorick coral were all smaller then a baseball and completely undetectable to the Vong scanners. In fact, if he hadn?t reached out with the Force to make sure it was there he would have been unable to say whether or not he had created the tail as he intended.

The world ship had sent out six skips to take him out and they were almost on him. They began following Anakin?s lead in a most deadly game of follow the leader. The lead skip winked out of existence and so did the second. The four remaining skips immediately broke away in random vectors trying to figure out how Anakin had destroyed them.

Despite his heavy focus and concentration to the task at hand, Anakin managed a thin wry smile as he saw the two skips disintegrate. He saw the others break off. He knew they would be back but they would probably never know what had caused the deaths of their comrades, but Anakin knew. They had run into the stream of yorick coral Anakin was trailing behind him. The skips never detected the trail and therefore the dovin basals couldn?t eliminate the debris. The pieces had been small but with the speeds involved in the chase the momentum had been tremendous, a mere dust-sized speck would have been enough to puncture the ships. However, with the tremendous explosions that followed Anakin knew the pieces they had hit had been much bigger.

?What just happened,? the Yuuzhan Vong commander in charge of the world ship demanded. He was staring at the younger Yuuzhan Vong at what passed for the world ship?s sensor station.

The technician looked frightened. ?Maybe it was some of the ?shadow bombs? our informant warned us of,? he offered.

The commander did not accept this answer and he just glared at the young technician. ?How could he be using ?shadow bombs? from one of our ships??

The technician realized his mistake and kneeled before the commander, prostrating himself, and offering his couffee to the commander. The commander

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.