main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

18 Apr 2006 -=- The Return of A Hero -- After 3 YEARS THE CONCLUSION

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by JM-Anakin-Solo, Apr 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_A1A

Jedi_A1A Jedi Youngling

Aug 12, 2001
    Great story JM-Anakin!!!!!! Keep it up!! It's good to see Anakin back. *wipes away a tear* He was...is...my favorite character.

2. Lonewolf89

Lonewolf89 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 26, 2001
    This is really good, JM. If you haven't been over there you might want to check out the Anakin Solo fan club in the Expanded Universe Community section. We always need more Anakin fans!

3. JM-Anakin-Solo

JM-Anakin-Solo Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2002
    I'll definitely look into it... when I get home from school. Trying hard not to get caught as it is. :D

4. Rogue_of-Peace

Rogue_of-Peace Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    ::Reads other two fics, discovers too much mush::

Finish this story! [chant/] I WANT ACTION! I WANT ACTION! [/chant]

You're going to do more than 7 chapters, right?

Right????

5. Jedi_Sari

Jedi_Sari Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 4, 2002
    This story = GOOD!

6. JM-Anakin-Solo

Mar 18, 2002
    You're going to do more than 7 chapters, right?

Seven was my original estimate but now I am just not sure. Everytime I write a chapter I end up adding another to the list. I actually have a list of chapter names. Since the number changes everytime I write a new chapter I've decided not to speculate. But if you want to make your own speculation, I have another three chapter titles.

But, I'll probably end up with more than that. LOL I just got an idea for at least 3 more chapters to add to my list.

If you want more action I recommend reading my fic: My Own Reflection. I have posted three parts to that fic and I am working on the fourth as we speak. Right now I am just building up the suspense. The real action should start in post 5 maybe a little in 4.

I will do my best to keep up the action in this fic too. I'm glad you are all enjoying it.

7. J_K_DART

J_K_DART Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Sure they'll all be great!

8. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    oOOoo interesting story you have here JM! :D I hated that Anakin died, (very stupidly too), so I refuse to acknowledge it in my own stories ;)

It looks like Anakin is on his way home too! Wahoo! I *expect* a mushy reunion with Tahiri... (As a founder of SMOOCH ;))

9. JM-Anakin-Solo

Mar 18, 2002
    I *expect* a mushy reunion with Tahiri... (As a founder of SMOOCH)

I'm sure you will get that mushy reunion, but not until after some more action. I just posted a link to Calm Before the Storm on the SMOOCH thread, hopefully I can bring some mush-addicts to my mushy story. :)

10. JM-Anakin-Solo

Mar 18, 2002

Chapter 6 ? Flashback

Anakin was running and attacking. His body full of the Force. He could vaguely feel the wound in his stomach and the internal bleeding, but it no longer mattered. His body was glowing with an intense light. The Force poured through him now. His survival no longer mattered, he was protecting the others.

His body was being destroyed by the Force. His cells, unable to withstand the intense power, were bursting at an increasing rate. Yuuzhan Vong warriors were all around him now. He sensed them through the Force and easily killed them one by one. He could feel faint taps as the amphistaffs pummeled him with enough force to break bone, but he continued fighting.

He had the sensation of floating. No longer in his body, but instead floating above it, he was observing his body fight to the death. He knew the Force was in full control now and he didn?t fight it. He saw the warriors fall before his light saber, swift and sure. Then he saw Nom Anor. He would have jumped to strike him down; but by now he was a spirit. Anakin knew he was already dead. The person fighting was not him, but the Force.

He called out to Jacen with the Force telling him to take over and kiss Tahiri for him. Anakin knew he should have felt sad that he wouldn?t be kissing her himself, but he wasn?t. Anakin had a strong sense that someday he would give Tahiri that kiss, himself.

A bright light shone ahead and he began floating toward it. It was beautiful and painful at the same time. As he approached the light soothed him and made him feel warm. He looked around and tried to make sense of where he was and where he was going. All he could see was an intense white light.

He felt a definite change as he was bathed in the light. He felt like he was being slurped through a straw, but it was completely painless. Anakin hadn?t remembered closing his eyes, but he had, and he opened them now. They instinctively started to close as he was expecting the bright light. But finding it was no longer there he opened his eyes fully.

A loud sound could be heard as six very bright lights were turned on him. Anakin stood up to see who was controlling the lights. Then he realized he had stood up. How was that possible? Wasn?t he a spirit? Where was he?

?Who are you,? he demanded of the unseen.

?Unnecessary, that is,? came the reply. ?Send you back we must.?

?Why must you send me back??

Another voice entered the fray, ?Anakin, you are too valuable to the Jedi cause. They cannot afford to lose you.?

?Unfortunate, was your death,? the first voice spoke.

The second voice continued, ?Even as we speak the Yuuzhan Vong are attempting to resuscitate your body. We will not lie to you. Should you go back, the road in front of you will be painful. If you stay here you will no longer know pain, but the Jedi will be destroyed and all your friends will die.?

?What is so important about me??

?Hold the key, you do. Unlock the future, you will.?

?What key? What future??

The second voice spoke up, ?You sensed the Yuuzhan Vong through the Force. No other Jedi has been able to do that, not even your Master Skywalker.?

?But anybody could have done it. If it hadn?t been for the lambent??

?Wrong, you are. Lambent, it is not. Inside you, comes it, from.?

?He is right,? the second voice spoke. ?The lambent was only the thing that helped you realize and unlock your ability. If you had tried hard enough without it you would have unlocked this new branch of the Force earlier.?

?I see.?

?No, you do not. Sense you, I can. Unsure, you are.?

?You are right. I still do not see my importance to the Jedi,? Anakin said.

?Teach them, you must.?

?You must return and teach the Jedi what you have learned. They are all capable of sensing this new branch, but without your help they will never be able to flip the mental switch that will allow them to access it.?

?Even if I teach them, how can they turn back the Yuuzhan Vong? Master Skywalker has be

11. Rogue_of-Peace

Mar 7, 2002
    Great! I love how you did the flashback, but there are 3 things wrong with it: 2 techincal to your story planning and one concerning my personal opinion of NJO story. 1st, I don't like how Mace Windu was the other Jedi, and I don't think any Jedi knew of him. IMO it should've been OB1. 2nd, Windu named the Vong-inhabited Force "Vigor" as well. Now, either Anakin picked it up from them or Mace read his mind and convieniently used it, but I don't think he would use a different name for it. 3rdly (my own opinion) about Anakin having to teach this new Force to others, it leaves out Jacen and Vergere. Does this just leave Jacen as another captured Jedi with the confounding Vergere floating around learning nothing new? BTW I loved your/Anakin's description of the two brothers, that's how I thought of it.

But once again, remember that this is YOUR story, so you decide how it ends up. Oh, and also:

FINISH THIS 1ST!!!!! :D

CYA

12. J_K_DART

J_K_DART Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    He's got a few points there, esp. with this being an Anakin story you've got to watch out you don't leave Jacen, Vergere, etc, out of it.

The naming of the Vigor was something I picked up on. Earlier you said Anakin called it that, but now it's obvious that it what the original Jedi call it. So the lambent was but the key that allowed Anakin to unlock his new potential.

That aside, I absolutely love this post, and I see why you're excited - it has incredible potential, and I wonder how Anakin will take it when he finds out Jacen's a prisoner!

Wonderful!

13. JM-Anakin-Solo

Mar 18, 2002
    I definitely don't plan to leave Jacen out. In fact, I have a whole chapter planned for him alone. I will probably have a Vigor-able Jedi strike team come to free Jacen or meet him when he and Vergere escape.

Secondly, I will go back and change Vigor. I had imagined that when Anakin had this flashback he would have changed whatever Mace had called it to the Vigor since that's what he called it now.

I changed Mace to Obi-Wan let me know if you like it more.

14. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    keep writing.

15. Rogue_of-Peace

Mar 7, 2002
    I like it, it flows better with the story now.

What I meant was that with this story Jacen wouldn't have found the Vigor himself, but this can be compromised in a few ways: he and Vergere already know how to use Vigor when they meet up; Jacen knows yet another branch of the Vong-inhabited Force;etc.

Surprise me :D

FINISH THIS 1ST!! :D

16. JM-Anakin-Solo

Mar 18, 2002
    FINISH THIS 1ST!!

Well this is definitely at the top of my list. Calm Before the Storm is already finished and I am just posting it in small parts. My Own Reflection is my next highest priority after Return and Genocide and a Movie is on hold for right now. I will try to keep all of them updated but for right now this is my priority.

As for Jacen and Vergere I have some ideas for how to use them. But you want to be surprised so I will let you be surprised. ;)

17. Jedi_Andrew_Solo

Jedi_Andrew_Solo Jedi Grand Master star 2

Mar 5, 2002
    This is an amsome story, keep up the good work.

18. -Vua_Rapuung-

-Vua_Rapuung- Jedi Youngling

Apr 4, 2002
    Once again, this is a great story keep up the good work.

19. Jedi_Anakin_Solo

Jedi_Anakin_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 27, 2001
    Wow, finally caught up and... wow! This is a great fic! Keep it up :)!

20. JM-Anakin-Solo

Mar 18, 2002
    I'm glad you like it. The idea for the Jedi "screening room" came from your description of where Anakin goes in the beginning of Anakin's Journey.

21. Jedi_Sari

Jedi_Sari Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 4, 2002
    Great post! Keep it up

22. Jedi_Anakin_Solo

Jedi_Anakin_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 27, 2001
    Glad you found and idea from one of my fanfics usefull, JM-Anakin-Solo, I can't convey how happy I am that I somehow inspired another writer :).

23. JM-Anakin-Solo

Mar 18, 2002

Chapter 7 ? Stranded

Anakin opened his eyes to the beauty of hyperspace. It had always fascinated him. The blue colors and patterns that hyperspace made before the ship were breathtaking. Anakin had heard stories of space farers being hypnotized by the hyperspace light show. Some had become convinced they needed to feel hyperspace. They would don their spacesuits and step out into the mix.

Doing so was a surefire way to kill one?s self. Hyperspace may look beautiful but appearances could be deceiving. The blue light was actually an intensely heated substance. The unluckily hypnotized had been incinerated quickly. Still hyperspace remained just as beautiful.

Anakin enjoyed watching hyperspace. He could meditate with his eyes open and he was always at peace when he focused on hyperspace. But now was not the time to sit back and contemplate life, not if he wanted to have a life to contemplate.

Anakin stopped staring at hyperspace and focused on the task at hand. The cognition hood he wore would tell him anything he ever wanted to know about the ship, and then some. Sifting through the data he could tell that the ship was more or less intact.

The climate control system had failed in Nen Yim?s holding room and the temperature was approaching an uncomfortable level. What a shame, Anakin thought. The port side shielding dovin basals were damaged and would not be able to provide adequate shielding on the port side. The starboard side was also damaged, but not significantly.

The dovin basals required for propulsion were fatigued. They probably only had enough strength to make one more jump, Anakin would have to make it count. When they reverted to real-space the propulsion system would only be operating at sixty percent. The ships maneuverability would be almost non-existent and speed would be greatly limited.

The yorrick coral was thin in several sections. The most dangerous spot was just aft of what passed for as a dining area on the ship. The hull had been worn down to only a few centimeters there. Anakin wanted a little more than a few centimeters between him and the vacuum of space.

All in all it was a typical escape for Anakin. He had overcome one life threatening obstacle only to be thrown into another. He briefly wondered who was toying with his life. The ship was dying. It could still repair itself but it would need to rest.

Anakin looked up the destination in the ship?s brain. Empty space, Anakin would have to plot another jump. But where would he go? Scanning the area he found a system that appealed to him, his smile verifying it.

What he needed was a rocky planet, something the ship could feed on and repair itself. Anakin had the perfect place in mind.

He had never been there, but both his parents had. If his mother and father could have survived it then surely Anakin could. He began making the necessary calculations and at the appropriate time the ship reverted to real-space. He traveled to the designated vector and prepared for a long distance jump.

When the blue designs of hyperspace returned Anakin relaxed. He removed the cognition hood; he would be in hyperspace for a long time. He repositioned himself in the seat making himself as comfortable as possible. He stared into the designs being made before him.

Somewhere, out there, he could feel Tahiri.

Before the reemergence to real-space Anakin once again put on the cognition hood. Hyperspace vanished and real-space took its place. Anakin made his way to the asteroid belt that he knew would be waiting for him.

The Hoth system was everything Anakin had thought it would be: cold, uninviting and desolate. Most important was that it was desolate; far from prying eyes.

The asteroids near the edge of the belt were all too small to land on and Anakin would have to fly the dying ship into the thick of the mess that was in front of him, an easy task one he opened himself to the Vigor and the Force. Disasters diverted, Anakin selected a medium sized asteroi

24. Rogue_of-Peace

Mar 7, 2002
    Good, but where does he go? Does he go to Eclipse, or to Coruscant? For that matter, when did Anakin escape in relation to NJO? I know! You can tie it in with RS and Traitor by having him go to Coruscant, and noticing Luke's, Jacen's, and Tahiri's presence there! But then he'd still have no Lightsaber... "Hey, Uncle. Have a spare Lightsaber?" And what will happen to Nen Yim?

Wait! This story's yours!!! Write it and finish it!!!

25. JM-Anakin-Solo

Mar 18, 2002
    I am not sure where he will go, but I can tell you this is starting to leave the NJO and branching towards AU... maybe I should put a disclaimer. There is just no way I can stay in the NJO without knowing what is going to happen in DW and the rest of the series. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.