main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

18 Apr 2006 -=- The Return of A Hero -- After 3 YEARS THE CONCLUSION

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by JM-Anakin-Solo, Apr 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JM-Anakin-Solo

JM-Anakin-Solo Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2002
  2. JediMasterAaron

JediMasterAaron Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 14, 2000
    Awesome stuff so far JMAS. Keep up the good work!

JMA

3. JM-Anakin-Solo

Mar 18, 2002
    Thank you :) and I plan too. :D

4. DashASolo

DashASolo Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 28, 2002
    i want more!!

where is it?

you must write more!!!!

5. JM-Anakin-Solo

Mar 18, 2002
    You don't have to worry. I have quite a few chapters planned out. Well not really planned out but I have the chapters named up until chapter 24. :D This will be going on for awhile. However, it will not take another 20 chapters for Anakin to get home, he should be back with his family and friends in the next few chapters. Then he has to train the Jedi and try to rescue Jacen and fight the Vong. The next few chapters might be lacking in the action department but I have some cool things planned. ;)

JMAS

6. JM-Anakin-Solo

Mar 18, 2002

Chapter 8 ? The Unlikely Companion

?Why don?t you just kill me Jeedai,? Nen Yim asked.

Anakin had taken to exploring the ship since it landed making whatever repairs he could and letting the ship handle the rest. He had avoided the aft hold where his guest was retained but eventually he had to survey the damage to the room. The hull was the thinnest here and he would be making repairs for awhile, much to his chagrin.

He had taken out the tizowyrm in hopes that if he couldn?t understand Nen Yim he wouldn?t be annoyed by her. He was wrong. Having to listen to her speak in her native tongue was even more annoying so he had been forced to put the tizowyrm back in his ear.

?You would enjoy that too much,? Anakin said, not turning to face Nen Yim as he spoke.

Nen Yim let out a weird noise that Anakin finally deciphered as laughing. ?What are you laughing at??

?You,? Nen Yim replied. ?You think I would enjoy death??

Anakin was slightly surprised and turned to face Nen Yim saying, ?Of course you would. The Yuuzhan Vong embrace pain and death. To you death is the ultimate reward.?

?Death, Jeedai, is the ultimate inconvenience. I do not desire death any more than you do.?

?That doesn?t cross-reference with anything we know about the Vong. You always rush into battle, never giving up no matter what your losses are. How can you tell me you do not desire death??

?The warriors desire death,? Nen Yim said. ?Perhaps I would too, if the gods existed.?

Anakin could not believe what he was hearing. ?I thought the Vong killed blasphemers? What you just told me seems to be the ultimate blasphemy.?

?There are those of us that know the truth. Those of us that truly seek to benefit the Vong by learning new things.?

Anakin was starting to believe Nen Yim and was about to ask for more details but he quickly changed his mind saying, ?This is some kind of trick to get me to kill you.?

When Nen Yim didn?t refute his claim he returned to his work. How had he believed her? Her lies were so obvious.

Anakin was putting the finishing touches on one of the yorick coral patches when he felt her. A wave of soft energy began at his back and climbed up to his head, soothing him along the way.

Anakin breathed deeply, absorbing her touch and pulling it as tightly and deeply as he could. He pulled it into his soul and refreshed his will and desire to return. He back arched as he pulled harder and harder trying to pull in even the faintest wisp of her being. Then it was gone and Anakin slumped forward again resuming his work.

?What was that,? Nen Yim asked curiously

?Nothing,? Anakin replied, not wanting to speak to Nen Yim. He didn?t want to spoil the peace Tahiri?s touch had brought him.

?It was some Jeedai trick, wasn?t it??

Anakin realized he wasn?t about to escape this conversation so he decided to end it as quickly as possible by answering Nen Yim?s questions. ?A very close friend of mine was reassuring me through the Force.?

Nen Yim thought for a moment, ?It was her wasn?t it? The one we shaped??

?Tried to shape," Anakin reminded her. "But yes it was her.?

?You love her, do you not,? Nen Yim asked.

?What business is this of yours and what do you know of love,? Anakin questioned, eyes glaring at Nen Yim.

?Just taking an interest in my captor,? Nen Yim sneered.

Anakin had just finished attaching the last of the patches. He stood up and dusted himself off.

?I cannot return to my people.?

?I know. I don?t plan on letting you,? Anakin flashed his grin.

?That is not why I cannot return,? Nen Yim said. Anakin thought he sensed a feeling of sadness from Nen Yim.

?Ok, so why can?t you return??

?I am a disgrace now. I failed to shape you; I failed to kill you; I allowed you to steal my ship.? Nen Yim thought briefly of Lord Shimrra. She had feelings for him but she would have to put them behind her, she could never again stand before him. ?If I return they will kill me, very dishono

7. Rogue_of-Peace

Rogue_of-Peace Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    Hmmm.... let me think... JACEN!!!! :D :D

Keep on going! That's enough votes ;) ;)

8. bliv

bliv Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 23, 2002
    It's looking good. I don't know about changing the character for the next chapter you could almost get off with continuing with Anakin for now.

9. JM-Anakin-Solo

Mar 18, 2002
    It's looking good.
    Thank you... I love feedback

I don't know about changing the character for the next chapter you could almost get off with continuing with Anakin for now.

Yeah, I could probably go the rest of this story with only focusing on Anakin but I have certain things I need to develop in the other characters before Anakin can return to the main group. :D The next 4 chapters I have coming up could be told in any order so that's why I was asking for a vote for which character should be first. It may not be clear why now, but it will be later, why I need to develop Jacen, Tahiri, and even Luke further. ;)

So everyone can vote on which chapter they want next:
    Tahiri Chapter - Waiting
    or
    Jacen Chapter - Captive Audience

I already know what Rogue of Peace wants just gotta wait for everyone else to vote. :D

10. Lady_Tahiri

Lady_Tahiri Jedi Master star 4

Dec 23, 2001
    Just found this fic from the link in the FADA thread .... AWESOME WORK, JMAS!!! You make an Anakin fan proud :D I say Tahiri, but I think I'm a little biased because I like her so much. Anyways, I wouldn't mind either way as long as you post more soon. :)

11. Lonewolf89

Lonewolf89 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 26, 2001
    Really good post, JM!!

12. Fiana_Novarr

Fiana_Novarr Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 4, 2001
    Hi!

Hmmm ... how about that: You write two chapters and post a Jacen AND a Tahiri chapter! *g* Oh, and another Anakin chapter, please!

LOL, anyway, good work, and if I have to choose, I say ... *thinking* I would love to see Tahiri again, but then again ... I have to stay faithful to my favorite officially probably alive character ... So my vote is Jacen.

Ys,

Fia

13. JM-Anakin-Solo

Mar 18, 2002
    Current Vote:

2 for Jacen
    1 for Tahiri

Just so you know I will be writing both chapters. You are just voting for which you want first, then the losing chapter will come after that. The next four chapters take place at the same time and don't depend on much of the story before them, so their order doesn't matter, I'm just letting my readers decide which they want next.

14. Jedi_Frodo_Baggins

Jedi_Frodo_Baggins Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2002
    I would like to see Tahiri but if you post them both soon it would be better.

15. JM-Anakin-Solo

Mar 18, 2002
    Well since it is a tie I will make the deciding vote. The next chapter will be Jacen. I have another Jacen chapter planned so the order will be: Jacen - Tahiri - Anakin - Jacen - Anakin/Jacen. There might be a Luke chapter thrown in there somewhere. I have the Jacen chapter just about finished just working on the finishing touches and then I will post. :D

16. JM-Anakin-Solo

Mar 18, 2002

Chapter 9 ? Captive Audience

The Force was not a tool, he had argued many times before. If you use it too often it becomes a crutch. Jacen would have given anything to use the Force at this moment. He had been without the Force ever since he had almost died helping the strike team to escape.

The last thing he remembered seeing that day was Vergere. The soft, feathery female confused him. She seemed helpful at times but then she had also helped to capture Jacen. Vergere had been extremely important in dealing with Mara?s illness but then had returned to the Vong. Jacen hadn?t quite made up his mind about her yet.

The room he was being kept in was not one of the shaper damuteks Anakin had described to him. This room was fairly large for a holding cell, but not when one considered that the Vong held a high opinion of Jacen. Not only was he a great and courageous warrior, but he was also a twin.

He had learned that the Vong planned to capture Jaina and force the two of them to fight to the death, fulfilling some sick, twisted religious ceremony. The Vong could not risk trying to shape Jacen; they would have to break him. But Jacen was strong willed and he was resisting the breaking.

Even without the Force Jacen could tell someone was approaching his room. He could hear the soft footsteps outside. However, when it was Vergere that appeared Jacen was slightly confused. She had not been present for any of the previous breaking sessions and she certainly hadn?t helped.

When the door closed behind her she reached for the door controls and locked the door. Jacen was curious, though the restrictive blorash jelly holding him in place did not allow him to properly show his curiousity.

Vergere approached and pulled a bug from her pocket using it to remove the blorash jelly covering Jacen?s face. ?Is that better,? she asked true concern shining through.

?Yes,? Jacen replied, ?I didn?t expect you to be running the breaking session.?

?That?s because I?m not.? Vergere opened the brown living pouch on her right side and removed two light sabers. One was Jacen?s; the other Anakin?s. It hurt Jacen to think of his dead brother. He had seen Anakin die. He had been told to take command of the strike team and he had ordered everyone to leave Anakin. The guilt he shouldered was immense and it showed on his face.

Vergere took Jacen?s light saber and put it behind him, hiding it in the clothing over the small of his back. ?You will need that later.? Then she palmed Anakin?s saber saying, ?You will get this back, but I fear I may need to use it first.?

?What is going on,? Jacen demanded in a whisper.

?You must escape,? Vergere replied as if it were no big deal to escape from the heart of the Vong-controlled Coruscant. ?But first you must learn some things.?

?Escape? How can I escape,? Jacen asked.

?When you learn what I have to teach you, you will understand.?

?Ok, what are you going to teach me??

?You will find out shortly,? Vergere replied. ?We only have a few hours before this ?breaking? session is over and there is something you must know now.?

?What is it,? Jacen asked curiosity getting the better of him.

?You would not believe me if I told you, that is why I must show you.? Jacen followed Vergere?s gaze and saw the ysalamiri that was blocking his access to the Force. ?Soon you will learn to work around these Force-inhibitors,? Vergere said.

Jacen wasn?t quite sure he understood what she was talking about but he was definitely interested. As he continued to stare at the ysalamiri he saw it levitate and move to the opposite corner of the room. ?How did you do that,? he demanded.

?In due time Jacen. For now open yourself to the Force. It has been awhile and things will feel odd but you must open yourself.?

Not questioning her Jacen opened himself and as the Force flowed back into him he realized how much he had missed it. The light and life flowed and swirled beneath his skin. He could feel it refreshing him and making him stronge

17. Lonewolf89

Lonewolf89 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 26, 2001
    Another great post, JM!! I like the tree idea.

18. Jedi_Andrew_Solo

Jedi_Andrew_Solo Jedi Grand Master star 2

Mar 5, 2002
    First I want to say I am enjoying this very much, it is very awsome. I am just curious about something, but don't want it to sound critical. The Force kept Anakin alive so he could teach the other something that they would have never learned on there own correct? Then how can Jacen and Vergere can also be able to sense it?

19. JM-Anakin-Solo

Mar 18, 2002
    It has to do with spoilers for Traitor. Anakin is the one that will be able to teach other people to access it fully. Jacen doesn't have full access to the Vigor yet. He can only do some small things like sense the Vong and some levitation. Anakin is able to control the Vigor as well as he is able to control the Force. He will have to flip the mental switch in all the Jedi, including Jacen, to allow them unrestricted access to the Vigor. :D

Also I plan on having Jedi strike teams and Anakin will have to lead them. Remember, not all the Jedi are willing to fully trust Jacen after his no-Force-kick. Do not worry it will all be explained in due time. :D

20. Jedi_Andrew_Solo

Jedi_Andrew_Solo Jedi Grand Master star 2

Mar 5, 2002
    Sounds good, Keep up the great work.

21. Rogue_of-Peace

Mar 7, 2002
    Gee... Thanx! :)

"Most impressive", this is what I like, different experiences leading to different knowledge of the "Vigor"

EDIT: Just reading it over again, I wonder what Jacen would be more suprised of, Vergere Force-sensitive, or the ysalamiri being moved around with this yet-to-be-known "Vigor".
    Also I like your description of the "Tree" of Spiritual power. It refers back to Conquest, where Anakin wondered whether he served some higher (or in the Tree case: lower ;) ) power than the Force.
    HEY! Jaina is now all sense-able by Jacen? When did she become so saintly?

Good.... Next Please!

22. JM-Anakin-Solo

Mar 18, 2002
    HEY! Jaina is now all sense-able by Jacen? When did she become so saintly?

Well when I said he sensed her brightly in the Force I wasn't meaning to imply she was saintly. Instead of changing it I will explain it away. ;) Jacen has a renewed connection to the Force and the bond with his sister hasn't been felt in awhile. So when he reconnects he can definitely feel it. When she went to the dark side he was still able to sense her but it was so much less then normal that he didn't think he was sensing her. Does that make any sense? :)

I'm glad you all enjoyed the tree image, it was fun to write.

The main idea of this story is that Anakin has most of the pieces to the puzzle, when Jacen adds his own few pieces then the puzzle will be mostly complete, and the Jedi will all be able to access the Vigor.

I want to update tonight because I don't have school until 10:00AM tomorrow but I also have to write something like 5 essays tonight so it will remain to be seen if I have enough writing stamina. :D

23. JM-Anakin-Solo

Mar 18, 2002
  24. Rogue_of-Peace

Mar 7, 2002
    I sense that it makes sense. :D :D :D

25. JM-Anakin-Solo

Mar 18, 2002
    LOL... Funny guy, you're a FUNNY guy :D

You can all expect a post tonight. I wrote a short Tahiri chapter. I have an idea for a scene to add to it but I'm not sure if I will or not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.