main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

18 Apr 2006 -=- The Return of A Hero -- After 3 YEARS THE CONCLUSION

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by JM-Anakin-Solo, Apr 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JM-Anakin-Solo

JM-Anakin-Solo Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2002

Chapter 10 ? Waiting

Four remotes hovered about the small room calculating vectors and targets. Two fired simultaneously at Tahiri. She blocked low sending the bolt back to the remote, deactivating it. Faster than could be seen she swung the blade of her lightsaber up and caught the second bolt deactivating the remote.

She had stripped down to her tank top keeping her hair tied back. Her back pants were long and flowing, looking like a liquid with her fluid movements. Perspiration covered her brow and soaked through her shirt. The other Jedi watching her were awestruck. She had been at this for the past several hours without a break

The two remaining remotes had been deactivated and she was calling for more. ?Send out eight this time,? Tahiri said.

?Maybe you should take a break,? Alema offered.

?No, I want to be ready next time we take on the Vong. Now, send out eight remotes.?

Alema shrugged letting out a slight sigh and pushed the button that would release eight more remotes.

The warm water cascading down her body felt refreshing. Her muscles ached and throbbed but the water released some of the tension and made her feel much better. The steam from the hot shower entered her lungs and made her warm from the core outwards.

She stared down at her toes and wiggled them in the water collecting below, creating small ripples and splashes. As she became transfixed on the patterns her toes created she felt Anakin standing out in the Force.

She reached for him and created a link with him, sending him reassurances and helping to recharge his spirit. You?ve got good timing, Jedi.

Huh?

It?s a good thing you can?t see me right now.

Oh, gotcha.

Tahiri could feel embarrassment crossing their link, but the embarrassment was mutual; him for having caught her in the shower and her for letting him. She chuckled.

Anakin had tried to shroud himself from the Force; he didn?t want everyone to know he was alive yet. At least, that was his excuse. Tahiri didn?t buy it; she knew he was trying to keep her from worrying about him, unlikely as that was.

Tahiri could sense that Anakin was in relative safety. He was still somewhere in Vong territory but he was away from his captors and they would not find him.

When are you coming back, she asked.

Well, I have to make a stop at Coruscant but after that I should... Anakin could sense a change in her emotions.

Anakin, Coruscant has been captured. You can?t go back.

Anakin was saddened by this revelation but he had known for awhile now that Coruscant would fall if attacked, the New Republic hadn?t played its cards right and it would pay for the mistake.

I have to. Jacen is there and he needs me.

With that said Anakin began to sink back into the Force vanishing from Tahiri?s senses and breaking their link.

?Damn you Solo child,? Tahiri said as she pounded on the wall of the shower. ?Damn you and your heroics.?

==================================
    Sorry bout the shortness... I didn't have as much to write on Tahiri as I thought I did. Jacen will have more chapters coming up soon. The next two chapters will be a Jacen and an Anakin chapter but not necessarily in that order. :D

2. Jedi_Sari

Jedi_Sari Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 4, 2002
    That was good!

3. JM-Anakin-Solo

Mar 18, 2002
    Thank you. At least somebody liked it :D

Hmmm... my *OFFICIAL* fan is mysteriously absent. :)

4. Rogue_of-Peace

Rogue_of-Peace Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    Good... good....

Why is he your *OFFICIAL* Fan, I haven't seen him around much.

5. Jedi_Andrew_Solo

Jedi_Andrew_Solo Jedi Grand Master star 2

Mar 5, 2002
    Good chapter, can't wait to get back to Anakin... BTW who is your offical fan?

6. JM-Anakin-Solo

Mar 18, 2002
    Jedi_Stardust is my *OFFICIAL* fan. She really liked Calm Before the Storm and told me she was officially one of my fans after I completed it. Usually she reads my posts really quickly. Hmmm. I might have other *OFFICIAL* fans but no one else has said anything. If I do have more *OFFICIAL* fans speak up and let me know who you are. :D

7. Lonewolf89

Lonewolf89 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 26, 2001
    Another great post, JM!!

8. JM-Anakin-Solo

Mar 18, 2002
    Thank you Lonewolf :D

9. J_K_DART

J_K_DART Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Just realised I haven't put a post up in a while - absolutely loving the story, it's brilliant! As you know, I'm keeping up-to-date, just taking me ages to remember to post...

10. JM-Anakin-Solo

Mar 18, 2002
    Thanks for the feedback. I love it. :D

Ok here is the next chapter. It is the longest so far, almost a full six pages in MS Word. All-in-all this story is 44 pages long. Wow! I never expected it to get this long and I'm not even halfway done. I hope you guys are enjoying this cause I know I am and I know this will be going on for a long time to come.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 11 ? Pit Stop

Anakin entered the aft hold where he kept Nen Yim. ?I just thought I?d come back and let you know that the ship is well within the optimal ranges and we will be departing shortly.?

?Great,? Nen Yim replied. ?You?ll have to excuse my lack of enthusiasm; I?m not exactly looking forward to being probed and dissected.?

?Well, we may have to delay the poking and prodding for a little while. We have a pit stop to make on our way back.?

Pit stop? ?What kind of pit stop,? Nen Yim asked cautiously.

?We?re going to Coruscant,? Anakin answered, as if it were no big deal.

Nen Yim had a horrified look on her face. ?You?ll kill us both if we go to Coruscant!?

?Maybe, but that?s a risk I?m willing to take.? When her horrified expression didn?t vanish Anakin just smiled and left the hold.

?I feel weird when I connect to this other branch,? Jacen said with a confused look on his face. ?It?s awkward and hard to keep a hold on. I can grasp it for a few seconds and then it leaves me.?

?It is the same for me, as well. Jacen, you and I were not born into this branch so our connection to it is hard to establish.? She could see he was worried about their planned escape. ?Do not worry, Jacen, when you combine what you already know in the Force with what I have taught you it will be more than enough to escape.?

Jacen stared into her eyes for a moment. ?Okay.?

Anakin ran a full systems check, for the third time in as many hours. Through the cognition hood he received reports on every system on the Vong ship. Everything was optimal; same as it had been when they took off and same as it had been when he last checked only an hour ago.

Anakin removed the hood and got out of the seat; walking to the aft hold. He paused at the door, wondering why he felt the need to tell Nen Yim, his former captor, what was going on. Anakin decided he was just too nice for his own good and he opened the door.

?We will be arriving at Coruscant within the hour,? he announced.

?Do you have a death wish? If you go to Coruscant we will die,? Nen Yim exclaimed.

?No we won?t. We will only be in-system for five minutes max.?

?What can you hope to accomplish in five minutes,? Nen Yim asked, truly curious.

?I just have to pick up two hitchhikers,? Anakin said a grin spreading across his face.

?No doubt one of them is your brother, Jacen. But who is the other??

?I?m really not sure who it is; I just know we will be having two guests.?

Nen Yim wiggled around in her restraints. ?Five minutes will be all the Yuuzhan Vong need to identify and destroy this ship. If you free me I can fire the weapons while you fly and we might make it out of here alive.?

?Weapons, this ship has weapons? I didn?t see any controls for them or see them through the cognition hood,? Anakin said, not fully believing Nen Yim. After all, she had lied before.

?I added the weapons array myself,? Nen Yim announce with a self-satisfied smile. ?You won?t be able to work them without me; the controls are only responsive to my touch.?

Anakin didn?t like the prospect of having to trust Nen Yim, but she was right. If they had weapons they would have to use them in order to survive. Hating himself Anakin agreed, ?Okay, I will let you out to control the weapons, but at the first sign of betrayal you die.? He accented his last words by pointing his right index finger at her.

Anakin approached his prisoner to release her, but before he could get the bug out that would disengage the blorash jelly restraints, Nen Yim was already free and standing right in front of him.

?Ho

11. Jedi_StarDust

Jedi_StarDust Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 27, 2002
    Awesome story, JMAS! :D I just caught up with your fic, and I must say, it's truly well-written! I can't wait for the next post! *sits at keyboard drumming fingers, anxiously awaiting the next post :) *

*StarDust*

PS- See your *OFFICIAL* fan is here ;)

12. Lonewolf89

Lonewolf89 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 26, 2001
    I'm running out of ways to say great post!

13. Rogue_of-Peace

Rogue_of-Peace Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    Very good, nice touch how you made Jacen put to sleep the other Vong than just kill them.

14. JM-Anakin-Solo

Mar 18, 2002
    Jedi_Stardust - Thank you very much :D

Lonewolf89 - I'm sure you'll find some new ways of saying it. ;)

I'll be gone most of tomorrow on my senior trip. It's only a day trip but it should be fun. Anyway, I'm hoping to get inspired so more, maybe a new fic I can write like CBtS - which only took 2 days from beginning to end. So this will probably be the last post I make until tomorrow night or tuesday some time. :D

CLASS OF 2002 WOOHOO!!! :D :p :D :p :D :p

15. JM-Anakin-Solo

Mar 18, 2002
    Rogue_of-Peace - Yeah I thought so too. While I would have just killed them, myself, I had to be true to Jacen's character even if he is a whiney, annoying.... hehe :D J/K Jacen has his moments but he is mostly cool, at least until NJO. :D :D :D

16. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    Awesome posts JM! I can't wait for Anakin and Jacen to reunite.. so hurry and write more! ;)

17. JM-Anakin-Solo

Mar 18, 2002
    Awesome posts JM!
    Thank you :D

I can't wait for Anakin and Jacen to reunite
    I'm going to assume you mean Anakin and Tahiri, in which case you won't have to wait too long, only a couple more chapters until they reunite. :D

18. J_K_DART

J_K_DART Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Love it! Wonder how Vergere and Anakin co-ordinated their escape/ rescue so effectively...

19. JM-Anakin-Solo

Mar 18, 2002
    Wonder how Vergere and Anakin co-ordinated their escape/ rescue so effectively...

Next chapter will tell. ;) But you will have to wait until then :D

20. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    keep writing.

21. Jedi_Andrew_Solo

Jedi_Andrew_Solo Jedi Grand Master star 2

Mar 5, 2002
    Keep up the great work, that was an aswome chapter.

22. Ganki

Ganki Jedi Master star 3

Jan 27, 2002
    *jaw drops to ground* Great post! Maybe some more soon.....

23. -Vua_Rapuung-

-Vua_Rapuung- Jedi Youngling

Apr 4, 2002
    This is a great fic, you should really look into writing Sci-Fi short stories.

24. JM-Anakin-Solo

Mar 18, 2002
    Thank you all for the great feedback. I just got home from my senior trip :D It was SO much fun :D

I think I should have gotten enough inspiration to continue. I will post ASAP but it might be a few days, school is a b*tch. ;)

25. Jedi_StarDust

Jedi_StarDust Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 27, 2002
    Welcome back! Still here waiting :D... and I won't be a slacker of an official fan. ;)

----

Good... good....

Why is he your *OFFICIAL* Fan, I haven't seen him around much.

Rogue- correction, I'm a she :D sry, just had to mention that.

----

Oooh, the next post will the 100th! JMAS, do you want to do the honors? :)

*StarDust*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.