main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Padu, KY 1st Annual Downtown Paducah Zombie Walk!

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Paducah_Trooper, Aug 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paducah_Trooper

Paducah_Trooper Jedi Youngling

Aug 11, 2009
    1st Annual Downtown Paducah Zombie Walk!

October 24th Saturday 2009
    Arrive at 5:30 p.m. we walk at 6:00 p.m.

Free Zombie Make-Up (if you show up early)
    Free Zombie Walk
    Free Movie George A Romero?s ?Night Of The Living Dead? Sponsored by Maiden Alley Cinema
    Bring a donation for charity, such as canned food, non perishable foods, or money donation.

We are hosting our very first Downtown Zombie Walk this year. We will be meeting at the parking lot across the street from Fat Moe?s at 9th & Broadway Downtown on Saturday evening October 24th at 5:30 p.m. and we will walk at 6:00p.m. (so show up in time to get your make-up put on before we walk off). This event is the weekend just before Halloween. Come dressed up as the scariest Zombie you can think of, or your favorite Zombie impression. If you don?t have any Zombie make-up skills then we will have a Zombie Make-up Station available for you, all you will have to do is bring some scary looking or old cloths and we will do the rest for you; Just make sure you bring some cloths that you don?t mind getting blood and make-up on.

We will start Up-Town at Fat Moe?s and horde our way down the streets of Downtown Broadway along the sidewalks and creeping our way to our final destination of the Maiden Alley Cinema where they will be playing a free movie for us directly after the Zombie Walk. The movie will be George A Romero?s original ?Nigh Of The Living Dead?. This is all free, we just ask that you bring a donation for charity, such as canned food, non perishable foods, or money donation.

Join the Radioative City Roler Girls after the walk. With Zombie walk participation and Zombie costume they will discount your ticket price. They will be having a best costume contest during half time. Join the Roller Girls at the
    (Paducah Regional Sportsplex 6526 US HWY 60) Bout sarts at 8:00p.m.

The goal is simple: To dress as Zombies and have fun! Yah, and to scare a few people in the process.

If you have any questions or comments please post them. Also tell anyone that you think would like to attend, Anybody is welcome to attend, and any age is welcome to attend.

Also: Please give a RSVP if you plan on attending or think you might attend so we can prepare for the numbers attending.

:Richie Edwards
    My contact E-mail is Redwards4@msn.com if you need to contact me.

Thanks and Let?s Eat Some Flesh!!!

2. pacervader

pacervader Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 27, 2005
    Thanks to Ritchie for bringing this to our attention, I'm way stoked about this, its gonna be a blast! I'm working on making this a charity event, (i.e. canned goods or monetary donation to participate), and a possible partnership with Maiden Alley Cinema, I'll keep you posted.
    For now, just start getting your best zombie costume together and get ready for a zombie outbreak downtown! pv

3. TK8049

TK8049 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 3, 2006
    I'll be at STAR WARS FANDAYS 3 in Dallas with the other true fans.lol

4. Nardo

Nardo Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 21, 2006
    Even that wasn't enough to convince me to go back to Texas...maybe next non-celebration year. Maybe.

5. Paducah_Trooper

Aug 11, 2009
    Free Movie directly after the walk.

6. thesilverspyder

thesilverspyder Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 11, 2007
    I would LOVE to make it to that, but our Roller Derby bout is on the same day around the same time. :(

I'm seriously considering skipping it though for this. EPIC!

7. Paducah_Trooper

Aug 11, 2009
    Yah I know, I know several of the Roller Girls that said they want to participate in the Zombie Walk this year. It sucks that you have a bout on the same night. Next year you all can be in it though. :)It would be awesome to see a bunch of Zombies on Roller Skates.

8. lil_trooper

lil_trooper Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 8, 2007
    I am soooooo stoked about this, I'm bringing lots of friends! Can't wait.

-LT

9. Paducah_Trooper

Aug 11, 2009
    Awesome, we'll see you there.

10. rebelwithout-a-pulse

rebelwithout-a-pulse Jedi Youngling

Sep 23, 2009
    I would like to let every one know i will be so totally be in this walk can not wait to scare the hell out of everybody if anyone wants advice on makeup let me know I have one several contests for my zombie creations "bbbbbbbbrrrrrrraaaaaaaiiiiiiiinnnnnnnssssss"

11. Paducah_Trooper

Aug 11, 2009
    uhh, hells yahs I do! Can you post a "How-To-Make_Blood" recipe, for everyone to make their own blood for the event. Thanks. If you have any pics you can post them too.

12. Paducah_Trooper

Aug 11, 2009
    Also, Would you be interested in helping us out before the Zombie Walk in doing peoples make up before the walk?

You can e-mail me or call me If you can help us out. It's always nice to meat a fellow Zombie Freak.

Hope you can help

redwards4@msn.com
    615-739-8980

13. TKYTROOPER

TKYTROOPER Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 18, 2005
    An easy and cheap fake blood mixture is: Kayro syrup colored with red food coloring. Be sure to add plenty of coloring, you don't want pink blood. It's always better go darker than it to be too light. Once mixed to desired color it can then be thinned a little if wanted with water.

14. rebelwithout-a-pulse

Sep 23, 2009
    fake blood is as easy as it gets but if you wnt a really good effect get corn syrup chocolate syrup red food coloring you will need to thin it down with water 2 parts water i part corn syrup the key is color the mix with red then add small amounts of chocolate syrup this gives it a deep color and appears to be coagulating for scar gel a little more difficult you wanna go two parts water 1 part corn syrup color it again keep in mind not to go to heavy on the red because as it sets up it gets darker boil this mix take a small glass of cold water mix with corn starch once it comes to a full roaring boil add the corn starh mix slowly until it gets a little thicker if you have done this correctly after it has cooled it should have a petroleum jelly look too it it will set up fairly quickly this has a nice gooey look i have yet to figure out how to post pics so if you wanna see my work i am on myspace under tiny the alpha male or kris denson i will call you soon

15. Paducah_Trooper

Aug 11, 2009
    Update for all attending the Zombie Walk.

There will be a Film Crew from Terror Vision Films attending. They will be filming at the Zombie Walk for a new movie they are making about Zombies. So anyone that wants to be in the movie can during and after the Zombie Walk.

And a possibility of a second film crew from another movie showing up and filming, as well as the Paducah Sun and News channel 6

We have also teamed up with the Roller Girls and after the Zombie walk if you do not want to watch the movie at Maiden Alley Cinema, then you can go to the Roller Girls Dirby and if you are dressed as a zombie, they will discount your ticket price. They will aslo be having a Best Costume Contest during half time. The Bout starts at 8:00 p.m.

So there is plenty of things going on that Saturday night for anyone that wants to get out of the house and have fun.

Choose your poison!

16. pacervader

Jun 27, 2005
    I'd like to thank Paducah Trooper for all his hard work, this is gonna be a great event! pv

17. TKYTROOPER

TKYTROOPER Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 18, 2005
    Question: Does the city know about this event? Are we cleared for this, not need a permit or anything? Main reason I ask is I don't want one of Paducah's boys in blue to blow one of our zombies heads off.

18. DarkLordOsirisPrime1

DarkLordOsirisPrime1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 18, 2006
    Sounds fun. I'd love to go but I've got a minis tournament in Carbondale on that day. Have fun.

19. pacervader

Jun 27, 2005
    We are free and clear with permit for the event, all is good. pv

20. lil_trooper

lil_trooper Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 8, 2007
    How much is the Rollerderby event, b/c I'd really love to partake in that? As well, will they be serving alcohol at it, lol.

21. Paducah_Trooper

Aug 11, 2009
    I think it's somthing like $15 at the door, but if your dressed as a Zombie then it will be like $10. Don't quote me on that, but its somthing like that.

22. Paducah_Trooper

Aug 11, 2009
    Quick, Cheap and Easy Fake BLOOD Recipe.

3 parts Corn Syrup
    1 part water
    a little Corn Starch
    add red food color till it turns dark red
    add 1 drop of blue food color
    add a little chocolat syrup

and mix it all together and let sit for about 10 mins. to harden.

This is a real good fake blood recipe, its cheap and most of the stuff you will probobly already have at the house. it is sticky though.

23. Nardo

Nardo Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 21, 2006
    No alcohol sold at the bout, sorry! Wish we could, we would probably make mad money, but they are in the dry area. :( Tix are usually 12 at the door and 10 if you buy them ahead of time, or dressed as a zombie,but this could change. They will announce ticket prices as soon as they go on sale I would imagine.

24. rebelwithout-a-pulse

Sep 23, 2009
    less than a week away is everyonr ready to raise the dead does anyone also know what the prize that will be offered at the roller girls event

25. Paducah_Trooper

Aug 11, 2009
    I'm not sure about the prize at the Rollergils event, but I do know that the Zombie walk will be giving out prizes after the walk to the best Zombie Costumes. There are 5 books and gift certificates and maybee some oher stuff to win after the Zombie walk for the best dressed Zombie's. One of the books is the Bible to any Zombie fan "The Zombie Survival Guide". And I don't want to spoil the other gifts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.