main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nash, TN 1st Annual (?) New Year's Eve Party

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by DVDMaster, Dec 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DVDMaster

DVDMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2003
    As previewed in the earlier thread, I think we'll go ahead and set the New Year's Eve Party at my house starting around 6 or so 12/31/03 and going on until the morning of 1/1/04. Directions are forthcoming, but I live in Antioch not too far from the new Wal-Mart in Hickory Hollow.

Here's the current RSVP list for the New Year's Eve Party (updated as of 12/27/03):
    DVDMaster: Yes
    Obi-Tn: Yes
    Scruff: possible Yes
    Kir Kanos: No
    Hama-Ryu Kinnebi: Yes
    TamboFett: No
    Toymaster: Yes (for awhile)
    GMSepiroth: Unsure, No
    skip1: No
    Elan-Rai: No
    JediToren: No
    JediChic07: Unsure, Maybe

Names listed reflect our regular attenders and those who responded to the Interest thread. Any other NADers who are wanting to be more active should post here an RSVP.

Currently the menu is Chili and snack foods. Hama's bringing the non-alcholic bubbly (no real stuff please), post here if you're willing to bring any other food, drinks, activities.

Currently the agenda includes a movie marathon, marathon to be decided. Currently thinking of either a Trilogy of Trilogies (i.e. Original SW Trilogy, Indy Trilogy, & Back to the Future Trilogy) or a best of the year marathon (i.e., X2, Matrix Reloaded, T3, Pirates of the Caribbean, Italian Job, Daredevil, Bringing Down the House, etc - Depends on feedback). And/Or a tournament of board games, although I may need people to bring folding chairs/tables if we go this way. I could get one or two, but if we got a bunch of games going may need a little support.

Any other ideas would be appreciated. This will be nothing nearly as ellaborate as the Lester Halloween bash, but will be a great chance to show off the new home and provide a chance for NAD to gather once again (it's been October since we had an official gathering) to prep for a new year. RSVP if you haven't already & send in feedback for ideas and things you can bring.

2. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    Alright, this here's a bump to get further imput from y'all. If your status has changed (especially the maybes & unsures noted in blue ) please post an update. Also so far no one has voluntered stuff, so if you like a particular soft drink or snack/finger food then you better bring it. Otherwise there may just be water and Wal-Mart Diet cokes to drink.

To better fit in with those who may not want to stay a long time, then we are changing things a little bit to be considered an open house kind of thing. So for those like Toymaster who may not have a ton of time there's no need to stay for a particular length of time. As far as movies I may shift things around a little bit. The main problem with Trilogy of Trilogies is that everyone's seen those films several times. Sound off if there is a newer or hard to find DVD you want to see; there's a good chance I've got it. One film I hope to work in is "Free Enterprise" about adult Sci-Fi fans who work on a film project after hooking up with William Shatner. Anyways if there's a title you want to see then call out the title. Worse case sceniro, people may just go up to the DVD Room (yeah, that's right, room) to pick out a title.

Hope to hear from more of you soon!

3. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    Well this past Friday I emailed Toymaster the directions to the party. Hopefully he'll soon be back to send them out on the mailing list.

Still waiting to hear from the maybes. Jay, Shannon, Glenn do any of y'all know if you will or won't be able to come yet? We're getting close to time and need a head count.

4. Toymaster

Toymaster Jedi Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    D'oh! Forgot I was supposed to send those out to everybody. Thanks for the reminder! I'll get the e-mail list updated and send it out right after Christmas.

5. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    Well, it's official that we won't be able to make it. There's just too much going on around here. Hopefully, we'll make a trip over there sometime in January along with Tracy. Hope everyone has a happy new year! :D

6. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    Thanks for letting me know Jay! If we make this a regular thing, then maybe more planning can be made for a bigger blow-out next year.

OK, that means that the confirmed people are Hama & Scruff (long live SG-Delta!). JediChic & Obi-TN I'm still waiting to hear from, and hopefully the Lords of Channel 4 will allow Toymaster a stop-over. Keep sending in those RSVPs!

7. Scruff

Scruff Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 1999
    Actually, I'm not 100% sure I'll be there.

8. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    Ken, you're no longer 100%??? Uh oh...I've got a bad feeling about this. So it may just be Dylan and I???? We can still make this work.

9. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    If you schedule it, they will come...

10. Toymaster

Jan 19, 2002
    Chances are good that I will be there at least for a little while!

11. obi-TN

obi-TN Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 7, 2003
    OK. I'm pretty sure I'm coming. I picked up the LOTR Trivial Pursuit (and Monopoly and two versions of chess) at Toys R Us during their buy 1, get 1 free offer.

12. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    All sounds good. I was close to canceling, but looks like this is still a go! Slight change in menu, we'll now have nacho cheese dip, pizza, and assorted dips. I'll have a selection of cokes sound off if there's something in particular you desire. I know some have a hankering for Dr. Pepper so I'll have at least a couple of liters of that with my standard diet drink offerings. Anyone with leftovers from celebrations are encouraged to bring them along with them. Glenn bring you're games and we'll put them to good use. EDIT: Thanks Toymaster for sending out the directions for me! See y'all then! :D

13. Toymaster

Jan 19, 2002
    Directions have been sent! I work the morning show New Year's Eve and New Year's Day, so my plans right now are to go home and sleep after work, then get up and stay up and out all night before going back to work the next morning (just like last year). Don't know what time I'll be there, but I'll definately make an appearance!

14. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    Zach -- any last-minute items you need me to bring?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.