main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spring, MO 1st Fan Force Meeting

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by VoijaRisa, Apr 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VoijaRisa

VoijaRisa Jedi Master star 5

Oct 12, 2002
    Since we're supposed to have a few official meetings to become an official fan force, how about we start planning now?

What places do you guys think would be good? I think the Springfield Brewing Company would be a pretty good neutral location that everyone should be able to find.

What days work for everyone? Personally, my school week schedule is pretty loaded. Fridays and Saturdays work best. Plus there's no worries about being hungover and needing to skip classes the next day. ;) Right now, I know the weekend of the 29th is out for me.

2. Nikana-

Nikana- Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 13, 2005
    I don't mind planning the first meeting now. I was just gonna wait til we got a few more folks in here before saying anything. I've personally never been to Springfield Brewing Co. Is is a bar or restaurant? Reason I ask is because we may end up with some folks that aren't old enough.

My schedule is pretty dull. I work 9-5 M-F. /shrug It's a living.

3. VoijaRisa

Oct 12, 2002
    I think we can start planning. No need to have it in a week or anything, but getting ideas together early helps. Having been involved with planning events in the StL FF (and having to completely redo one a few days before hand when plans fell through), I speak from experience on this.

And Springfield Brewing Co. is a resturaunt. There's no age requirement.

4. 92SE-R

92SE-R Jedi Master star 3

Apr 15, 2005
    ^^^
    That's not entirely true. after a certain time, I think it's like 9 or 10pm, you have to be over 18. Or is it 21? I don't remember, but I do like that place. Pool tables, beer, food. Real nice place. Friday nights and Saturday's work best for me.

5. VoijaRisa

Oct 12, 2002
    It must be 18 because I was able to get in after 10 before I turned 21. Either that or I just look older.

6. 92SE-R

Apr 15, 2005
    Yeah, I think it is 18. My sister in-law had to leave this past weekend, because she's like only 15.

7. VoijaRisa

Oct 12, 2002
    Well, little kids wouldn't be allowed to stay out that late anyway probably, so no need to worry.

8. Nikana-

Apr 13, 2005
    So is Friday night, 8pm at Springfield Brewing Co. okay with everyone?

9. VoijaRisa

Oct 12, 2002
    This Friday? Works for me. :)

10. Nikana-

Apr 13, 2005
    Yeah, this Friday...why wait?? :)

11. LapsusDeHeaven

LapsusDeHeaven Jedi Youngling

Apr 17, 2005
    I canna make friday so dont let that hold you up, Ill just go to a different one, Ive got a funky schedule anyway

12. Nikana-

Apr 13, 2005
    Would Saturday night be better for you? Or when?

13. LapsusDeHeaven

LapsusDeHeaven Jedi Youngling

Apr 17, 2005
    my officially way funky hours are this week mon-sat 5-11 at night, then starting next week is mon-fri, you guys can go without me Ill catch up at the second meeting, no worries.

14. Nikana-

Apr 13, 2005
    Okay.

Friday, April 22 at 8pm, Springfield Brewing Co.

Is this fine with everyone?

15. VoijaRisa

Oct 12, 2002
    It works for me. My only reservation is having to deal with the bar crowd on a Friday night that late. I also have a friend I might be bringing along that's registered on the boards here but hasn't posted but once and in another forum.

16. Nikana-

Apr 13, 2005
    I'm open to other restaurant suggestions :)

17. Kantorak

Kantorak Jedi Youngling

Apr 13, 2005
    HOOTERS! WOOHOO!!!! My friend Jim and I like to play games with the girls, see what info we can get out of them. So far, I have one girls # and another told me stuff about her, what, I shall not say.

I'm ok with Springfield brew crew non the less.

John

18. Nikana-

Apr 13, 2005
    Hooters? Yeah, I like Hooters =) Awesome food. You guys can oogle the girls.

19. Nikana-

Apr 13, 2005
    Okay...does THIS work?

Hooters

Friday, April 22

7PM

I like this.

20. Stoops417

Stoops417 Jedi Youngling

Apr 21, 2005
    I won't be able to go on Friday due to family coming in town. If you guys do it on saturday i can come but don't change it on my account. I'll just catch up at the next one :)

21. Nikana-

Apr 13, 2005
    Saturday it is. I would like to see as many of us as possible so, changing the date shouldn't be a problem. So long as that's cool with VoijaRisa.

That being said, assuming it's cool with VoijaRisa as well, we're looking at:

Saturday, April 23, Hooters, 7pm for our first meeting.

Glad to see you posting Stoops!

/wave

22. VoijaRisa

Oct 12, 2002
    I'm not familiar with where Hooters is which implies to me that it's not too close to campus. If that's the case, I'll need a ride because I don't have a car.

23. 92SE-R

Apr 15, 2005
    It's by the south side Wal-Mart.

24. VoijaRisa

Oct 12, 2002
    Yep. Further than I know.

25. Nikana-

Apr 13, 2005
    This particular Wal-mart we speak of is like the 'social center' of Springfield. Hooters is right across the street from it. If you can get a ride, and you need directions from SMS: Head south on National head down to Battlefield and make a left. Take Battlefield to Glenstone and turn right. Take Glenstone to Independance and make a right. Hooters will be up the road a very short way on the left.

We'd offer up the ride, but in my brothers RX-7, there's really no room in the back for a passenger, it would be highly uncomfortable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.