main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

2 new Star Wars shows confirmed at CIII

Discussion in 'Archive: London UK' started by TheDarthVader, Apr 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheDarthVader

TheDarthVader Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 22, 2005
    I have just returned from CIII, it was one of the most amazing things ever, (horribly expensive though, I spent over £3000).

I would like to tell all of you, more about what i got up to at the CIII, but for now I will stick to the point (hopefully i can tell you later, if you are interested):

George "the god" Lucas gave three brief presentations and QA sessions on Saturday, i went to the first one, queued outside from 1:00 am to 9:00am in wind, snow and 0 degree temperature.

It was worth it though. During the QA George confirmed that the Star Wars Clone Wars animation would be changed to a permanent series with 30 min episodes, he also said they would be in 3D.

He also confirmed a live action TV series, based on a side character or side group. He will also direct/produce the first season then take a back seat (chairman like position making changes when he sees fit to do so).

This is good news to me, as i thought my fun SW experiances would be over as I missed out on a Galactic Passport.

2. Darth_Sata

Darth_Sata Jedi Youngling

Mar 25, 2005
    Now that is good news - will be interesting to see if they do anything to cover the ground between Episodes III and IV - just so we get to see why Mr Vader is the most feared villan.

Heres looking forward to it.

3. TheDarthVader

Mar 22, 2005
    i know the 3D cartoon will be the clone wars onwards, so maybe this is certain to cover between ep 3 - 4.

As for the live action series, many people are quoting George as saying "it will be between ep 3 and 4", i was there and he did not say that, he said:

"it will be based on a side character / characters, now that will give you all something to think about"

from what I know about George, it will not be based on the books as he likes control over his own plots. So maybe between ep 3 - 4 or pre ep -1 would be good. I think it will be between ep 3 and 4, but keep in mind George said nothing that specific.

From this, I can pretty much say, it cannot be post ep 6 as this and all the side characters are pretty fully covered in all the books.

4. Loxam

Loxam Jedi Youngling

Apr 24, 2005
    Maybe the possibility of Boba's upbringing....

That would be nice :)

5. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Or something after the NJO series
    Boba would still be in it, as would the classic characters.

It shouldn't be too hard for GL to think up new material

6. TheDarthVader

Mar 22, 2005
    I am more of a force man myself, but Boba would be cool, as for post NJO, I hear Mark Hamill has had some meetings with Lucas Film lately, so this could be possible also. But as we all know Mark's character is not really a sideline one. However Boba is a side line charcacter with a very very big following.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.