main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

20-something fanficcers thread

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Darth_Tim, Mar 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZaraValinor

ZaraValinor Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 31, 2002

Fic's currently working on: [link=http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=10983812&replies=10]Rent in the Force[/link] and The Strenth Inside of Me. I've been writing since I first read Heir to the Empire when it first came out.

My favorite SW charcters: Well I love them all but definitely Luke and Obi-Wan are at the top, with Mara Jade a close second. Right now I'm on a Ben Skywalker kick so anyone who knows about any stories would be great.

My favorit Area. I love them all.

What I like in fiction. Characters that aren't perfect but push themselves to new bounds. A story that is intriguing and has a few intelligent twists.

2. Lyart_Triath

Lyart_Triath Jedi Youngling star 1

May 11, 2002

Fics, and how long you've been writing them: "Death's Twilight", "The Fall", several uposted/lost projects; off and on for several years.

Fav characters: Palpatine, Anakin, Yoda, Admiral Piett, Obi Wan, Luke, Leia, R2-D2

Fav time period(s): OT

Fav kind of stories to write: Character development stories with light action, long arc/epics, Alternate realities.

Suggestions/tips: Stay true to the story you want to tell. Don't worry about fitting a niche or writing to a particular audience. If you write a good, solid story, that's true to yourself and doesn't dumb down to the audience, then the readers will find you.

3. Darth_Tim

Darth_Tim Jedi Master star 4

Feb 26, 2002
    To answer Aanix: I'm a history major and focus on the military aspects and the WW2 era in general. I use stuff from my background in history all the time. The current space battle in DOTF borrows from Leyte Gulf and Midway from WW2 in the Pacific.

-Tim

4. TheSwedishJedi

TheSwedishJedi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 15, 2001
    Hmm, I'm a bio major but I'm pretty sure I don't use that much in my stories. Though it could be funny having young Obi-Wan or Anakin disecting a cat or grasshopper. :) I do tend to make sure everything could work together planets, people, and plants wise though. I'm also interested in history so I like coming up with a whole back story to stuff even if I don't use it. It's there just so I know what would happen and why.

~Swede :p

5. Jedi_Suzuran

Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2002
    What major am I? I'm a Japanese and fashion design major. The two are leagues apart, you could say. :p I do use my Japanese in my stories. It helps me to come up with names for characters and planets. :p The other, not at all.

6. Gay-LenKenobi

Gay-LenKenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 20, 2000
    I haven't settled on a major yet, but I have narrowed it down to 2. Either English Literature or Political Science. I haven't started taking classes in those fields yet, and I took all related prerequisites in high school. :(

Hehehe, I've forgotten all of it by now. ;)

7. C3SoloP0

C3SoloP0 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 10, 2002
    Hello you guys!!

Fics and how long you've been writing them: Well I've been writing since I was 12..not necessarily Star Wars..but then I was told about this site but I haven't had the nerve to post anything yet..maybe I'll stop being a chicken and go ahead with one of them..
    Fav characters: Kyp/Jaina, Obi-Wan/Padme, Han, Leia, Luke, Mara....I'm NJO pretty much..
    Fav time period: well NJO
    Fav kind of stories to write: I have a tendency for ill-fated romances....like my own life I guess..hehehe

Suggestions: I think I would be the one who needs to get some from somebody...

8. lordmaul13

lordmaul13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 18, 2000
    Don't be scared. Post away C3SoloP0. :)

lordmaul13

9. zeekveerko

zeekveerko Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 30, 2002
    this thread got buried...

i don't have a major, but i am a musician, so a lot of the time i use musicians as side characters, or go into detail on the music being played in the background (for instance, in the cantina in SW i would have a lot to talk about)

I've also done a little hands-on film training, and take more influence from movies than books, so my stories lean toward the cinema-style of storytelling.

10. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    19 more days and I'll be twenty :D [does little dance]

~aeryn

11. Darth_Tim

Darth_Tim Jedi Master star 4

Feb 26, 2002
    That's cool, zeerveerko. I'm a guitarist myself but never really thought to use my musical knowledge in my writing.

-Tim

12. Aanix_Durray

Aanix_Durray Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 29, 2001
    I would love to learn the guitar. I bought one about six months ago and haven't really gotten a chance to do much other than screw around with it. The neck was too big so I traded temporaliy with a friend since his guitar is relatively smaller.

... it's the fingering that's getting me.

NEways, good to see this thread isn't dying :)

~Aanix

13. Spacehunter24

Spacehunter24 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2003

FICS: No SW fics as of yet, but I've got a couple in development. I have written fan-fics for some other things, though, and have been doing it since about 2000.

FAVORITE CHARACTERS: Han, Luke, Leia, Chewie

FAVORITE TIME PERIOD: OT

FAVORITE KIND OF STORIES TO WRITE: Not really good at character-driven ones, so I tend to write action with minor character work.

SUGGESTIONS/TIPS: Keep writing. Write all the time. The more you write, the more your skills will grow.

14. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    I'm a bit late with this, but I turned 20 last easter sunday (april 20th).

~aeryn

15. lordmaul13

lordmaul13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 18, 2000
    Happy (belated) birthday.

*confetti*

lordmaul13

16. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    thanks, lordmaul :D

~aeryn

17. Jedi_Humaira_Blaine

Jedi_Humaira_Blaine Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 27, 2003
    Okay, I'm joining this thread! :). I'm a newbie at fan fic and have just one to my name, but I've got more in the works, so....

Fics: [link=http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=11862839&replies=17]Reflections(OT-Luke/Leia/Han/Set during ANH/Drama viggie)[/link] This is my first fan fic and deals with the thoughts of Luke, Leia and Han just hours after the battle of Yavin4.
    Fave characters:The Skywalker boys-Anakin and Luke, Vader (obviously), Han and Leia (Oh I love that pair), Obi Wan, Qui Gon and Yoda! Gee, I managed to list most of the cast (sigh)
    Fave time periods:eek:T and PT coz I'm familiar with them. I haven't had the priviledge of reading NJO here in Sri Lanka.
    Fave kind of stories to write: I like writing stories involving OCs and canon characters. I've just started so I'm posting shorter stuff like viggies. But I aim to post real saga style stuff soon.
    Suggestions/tips:I try to play out what I write, to see if it works in real life. Would a person in this situation actually talk like this. I play out scenes like a movie (I like to visualize-then again, don't we all?) and I also tend to base characters on someone I've seen. It makes them more real and easier to describe.

Well, that's all about me I guess...hope it's okay that I just barged in. ;)

Humaira

18. Sebulba2179

Sebulba2179 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    'Sawright, Humaira - it's about time we saw this thread again after a month and a half! :D

19. Qwi_Xux

Qwi_Xux Jedi Master star 4

Oct 5, 2001
    Hmmm...well, I'll be twenty in about two months, so do I qualify? I figure if I join now, I'll have a head-start on it. ;)

Fics, and how long you've been writing them: They're all in my bio. I started writing them in October of 2001.

Fav characters: Anakin Solo, Tahiri Veila, Mara Jade Skywalker, Luke Skywalker...others, too, but these are probably my faves.

Fav time period(s): OT or EU

Fav kind of stories to write: I tend to write more angsty-type stories...ones that delve into the character and situations. There needs to be some kind of plot going on. Pointless angst is just...well, pointless. 8-} I also love AUs, because it's so much fun to be able to change things to see what would go on if things that shouldn't have happened did happen.

Suggestions/tips: Ummm...I'll think of something later...

20. Jedi_Humaira_Blaine

Jedi_Humaira_Blaine Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 27, 2003
    Thanks for the welcome Sebulba2179! :D

Glad to be here...and now... [face_mischief]

UUUUUUPPPP with this thread! ;)

21. tatooinewizard

tatooinewizard Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2003
    Since I stumbled up on this thread and I'm of age, I'll post.

FICS (and how long I've been writing them):
    A trilogy, which includes 'The Legend of Black Saber', which I've finished writing, and 'The Sith Mandate' and 'The Heir of Starkiller', which are in their earliy stages. I started writing book I in January 03.

FAV CHARACTERS: Vader, Yoda, Mara Jade, Thrawn, Leia, Qui-Gon Jinn, and Mace Windu

FAV TIME PERIOD: Old Republic

FAV STORIES TO WRITE: OC fics with lots of action, turmoil, confrontations, and dealings with the Dark Side.

TIPS: Write because it's important to you, and write what you love to write and need to write. Well, that's what I do, idealist that I am.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.