main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

2000 VHS Release of the Trilogy

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by mandalore15, Mar 3, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mandalore15

mandalore15 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 29, 2000
    Well, here we are once again, with a brand-new Callista thread (again)! Boy, she must be cursed, because we've now suffered through THREE threads! At least this time, the thread's failure had nothing to do with flaming or spamming.

Okay, might as well explain what happened; I contacted the administrators for help because something was happening to our thread. And they said that it was permanently corrupted. Just to let you know, NO ONE was trolling. This was just a technical error. *Sigh*

Anyways, Callista rules! So let's talk about her!

2. Empress Palpatine

Empress Palpatine Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 31, 1999
    Dammit! I hate it when things like this happen! mad.gif

3. Jedi Callie

Jedi Callie Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 14, 1999
    Ugh, well this figures--it happens after I typed in a lengthy reply earlier LOL, and I kept waiting for it to post, but it never did!

Now, where was I...

Jedi15: I had to laugh at your pig comment . That pig was none other than Captain Umgush, the Gamorrean who took Callista in when she left Nam Chorios.

The story she appears in, "Murder in Slushtime" (this was a short story by Barbara Hambly which appeared in the Star Wars Adventure Journal #14) is a fantastic story! Callie and the Gamorreans she's been traveling with go to Gamorr during Slushtime (which is the equivalent of winter on that planet), and one of her crewmates (who happens to be Umgush's brother) gets accused of a brutal murder. It's up to Callie to clear his name.

Callie kicks some major butt in this story! Anyone who ever thought she was weak or wimpy ought to read this story and then try to make that claim again!!

I'm not sure if anyone got to see this before the last thread went cablooey , but I just wanted to post it again *hehe*. This are the wedding vows I wrote for Luke and Callie... I'll tweak 'em a little more when I finally get to writing the wedding scene, but for now, I wanted to write the vows down so I wouldn't forget...

Luke: Callista, I knew I loved you from the first moment I felt your presence. And I knew that as long as I lived, there would never be anyone who could complete me like you do.

Callista: Luke, you breathed life into me and gave me back all that was light and good. I loved you from the moment you spoke my name.

Both: From this day forward I give you my heart, my soul, my body, and my mind. I promise you joy and laughter and light in the darkness. Today we come together, two halves of the same whole, united and unbreakable. For eternity...

Just pretend there's the sweeping sound of strings in the background--John Williams' special love theme for them

4. Jedi Callie

Jun 14, 1999
    Jedi15: I just wanted to thank you and all the other loyal Callie fans . It's so great to know that I'm not alone and that there are a fair number of us out there!!

Empress Palpatine: not sure you got to see my response to your question on the other thread, but yes, don't worry, Luke and Callie will end up right where they belong in my story--in each other's arms . The very reason I started writing fanfics in the first place is because I was so disappointed at what was happening in the books, and I figured by now, the only way I was ever going to see what I wanted to happen come to be was if I made it so in my own stories. Thus, my Luke and Callie trilogy . By the third book, we will have followed them through their emotional reunion, their fairy-tale wedding, and the birth of their three children (well, ok, we won't get to see the birth of their third child, but we will find out about her pregnancy at the end of the third story ).

5. Han Soho

Han Soho Jedi Youngling

Oct 3, 1998
    Okay, I didn't say anything all through the last thread... in fact, I barely said anything at all. But you all know where I stand on the Mara/Callista issue, and when I see comments like:

We'll kick the hell out of the Mara Jade thread!

it really ticks me off, and that's not even the worst of it. Can't you appreciate Callista without insulting Mara? I'm not asking you to love her or something, but it's quite insulting to have the person you named yourself after be disparaged in such a manner. I'd think that as Callista fans you'd understand what it's like to have people trample your favorite character, so please don't trample one of mine.

Sorry to complain, but it's just really bothering me. I try to discourage anti-Callie comments on the Mara Jade thread, so I'd appreciate it if you'd do likewise here.

Sidenote: Callista rules!!

MTFBWY,
    Mara Jade

6. Darth Triad

Darth Triad Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 31, 1999
    Guess you saw my little "poem", MJEH?

Er...sorry about that. I just wanted to write to get back at all those Mara fans who diss Callista. I just visited that Mara Jade Fan club- reborn! thread, and I was dismayed by all the insults hurled at Callista.

But, seeing that you're a Mara fan, if my post offended, then I apologize, and I won't write any more of those. redface.gif

CALLISTA DEFINITELY RULES!!!

7. Empress Palpatine

Dec 31, 1999
    Jedi Callie, those were beautiful vows. And I'll check out your Callista Trilogy when you're done with them (let's just hope that it turns out better than the "canon" Callista Trilogy, if you know what I mean).

And, regarding Captain Ugmush, wasn't she in Planet of Twilight, and didn't she let Threepio and Artoo travel with her for a while? The scenes with those two droids in PoT were HILARIOUS; they really shined in that story!

I'll also check out that Callista story written by BH. It sounds really interesting.

Jedi15, thanks again for starting up a new thread for us. We owe you one.

Mara Jade, Emperor's Hand, I just want to let you know that I like Mara as well as Callista. I think they are both two of the toughest gals in the SW Universe (right up there with Padme and Leia). I'll see to it that no one here flames Mara Jade or the like. Now, if only the Mara fans can do the same for Callista...

Anyways, sorry to have rambled on, and cheer up, everyone! Think of this thread as a new beginning, and this time there won't be any flame wars.

Callista rules!!!

8. Jedi15

Jedi15 Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 7, 1999
    Here's my first offering to our Callista temple:

http://jedicallie.tripod.com/callistaskywalker.gif

[This message has been edited by Jedi15 (edited 03-04-2000).]

9. Lelila Jade

Lelila Jade Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 30, 2000
    Callista rules! Callista rules! Callista rules! Callista rules! Callista rules! Callista rules! Callista rules! Callista rules! Callista rules! Callista rules! Callista rules! Callista rules! Callista rules! Callista rules! Callista rules! Callista rules! Callista rules! Callista rules! Callista rules! Callista rules! Callista rules! Callista rules! Callista rules! Callista rules! Callista rules! Callista rules! Callista rules! Callista rules! Callista rules! Callista rules! Callista rules! Callista rules! Callista rules! Callista rules! Callista rules! Callista rules! Callista rules! Callista rules! Callista rules! Callista rules! Callista rules! Callista rules! Callista rules! Callista rules! Callista rules! Callista rules! Callista rules! Callista rules! Callista rules! Callista rules! Callista rules! Callista rules! Callista rules! Callista rules! Callista rules! Callista rules! Callista rules! Callista rules! Callista rules! Callista rules! Callista rules! Callista rules! Callista rules! Callista rules! Callista rules! Callista rules!

And one last thing: Callista rules!

[This message has been edited by Lelila Jade (edited 03-04-2000).]

10. Corran_Horn10

Corran_Horn10 Jedi Youngling

Feb 12, 2000
    Mara's Better!

[This message has been edited by Corran_Horn10 (edited 03-04-2000).]

11. Empress Palpatine

Dec 31, 1999
    Amen to that, Lelila Jade. Now's let's start up a conversation. Our of all three books comprising the Callista Trilogy--Children of the Jedi, Darksaber, and Planet of Twilight--which one is your favorite?

Mine would have to be Children of the Jedi. It's the first we meet Callista!

Oh, and Corran_Horn10, I beg to differ, pal! Thank you for your opinion, though.

CALLISTA RULES!!! cool.gif

[This message has been edited by Empress Palpatine (edited 03-04-2000).]

12. Jedi Callie

Jun 14, 1999
    Empress Palpatine: the trilogy won't get done for a while--I'm a very slow writer, I've found . I don't know if it will turn out better than the book trilogy, but I will certainly try my best (and besides, I don't consider that canon anyhow *hehe*).

Yes, you are right, Captain Umgush was in PoT as well. I think that's how she and Callista met, in fact!

M, EH: I'm sorry you saw the comments... If it's any consolation, my comments were made in fun (on the Luke Skywalker Fans thread, we used to say things like "Let's get the Han Solo fans!" but it's not like we didn't like Han--it was all in fun) and I didn't expect any of her fans to be on this thread. I guess my feeling on that is, I reserve comments like that for threads like this where I know (or at least I assumed) her fans wouldn't be visiting. On the other hand, I would never--out of respect--make the same comments on threads dedicated to her.

So, truce? I'll keep my mouth shut from now on. Goodness knows I've shot myself in the foot several times now regarding that matter (I should learn my lesson from now on).

Yes, I can certainly praise Callie without insulting the other person, although at the end of the day, nothing can change the way I feel regarding the latter. So I'll just keep my comments to myself so everyone gets along

[This message has been edited by Jedi Callie (edited 03-04-2000).]

13. Jedi15

Nov 7, 1999
    Empress Palpatine, my favorite book out of the Trilogy would have to be Darksaber. Wait, wait, before you kill me, I just want to say this: I enjoyed reading his book the most. For sheer class, Hambly's books are vastly superior. PoT was weird, though; that plot involving those "bugs" seemed out of place...even for Star Wars!

14. Jedi Qel-Droma

Jedi Qel-Droma Jedi Youngling

Jan 1, 2000
    Here's how I would rank the three books:

1. Children of the Jedi: A+
    2. Darksaber: C
    3. Planet of Twilight: A-

The reason I gave Darksaber a low grade was because Daala was in it (and Lord, how she stunk!). Plus, that whole subplot with the Hutts was idiotic and dull. The wampa fight was cool, though.

15. Lelila Jade

Lelila Jade Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 30, 2000
    Planet of Twilight, because of Callista's final good-bye to Luke.

16. Jedi Callie

Jun 14, 1999
    Our of all three books comprising the Callista Trilogy--Children of the Jedi, Darksaber, and Planet of Twilight--which one is your favorite?

Don't make me choose!!!!

Hmm, ok, let's see... It would have to be a tie between CotJ and PoT. I didn't like her much at all in Darksaber (no one shoot me, please). Callie was not exactly acting like her true self in that book. But ask me to choose between CotJ and PoT and you'll see me wringing my hands!

On the one hand, CotJ is sooo incredibly romantic. It's also when we meet Callie for the first time, and it's where we get to witness this extraordinary love blossom between them. It also has what I consider the most breath-taking passages in the entire EU--that entire part where Callie comes back to life and Luke is holding her in his arms and neither of them can believe she's real *sniff*

But on the other hand, in PoT, we get to see Callie really demonstrate her strength and her courage. I loved her interaction with Leia, and I loved that we get an even better glimpse into her character and why exactly she felt she had to stay away from Luke. Of course, all of that just broke my heart because I kept wanting to say, "Girl!!! Look what you're walking away from!! Don't let him go!!"

So I still can't decide between the two . If I really had to choose, I'd say CotJ has the slight (and I mean slight) edge, if only because it has the happy ending of these two coming together for what I had hoped would be the rest of their lives. PoT's ending just had me bawling for days...

17. Jedi15

Nov 7, 1999
    Hey, guys, look! We got a new Artoo icon! Yaaaay! No Callista one, though. *Sigh*...

BTW, Jedi Callie, what are you going to call Luke and Callie's three kids in your story? I'm just curious. Looking forward to reading it soon.

18. Darth Triad

Darth Triad Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 31, 1999
    Larry, Curly, and Moe!

19. Jedi Callie

Jun 14, 1999
    Artoo!!! Yay!!! But Threepio should get one too . And I still say Han and Lando and Chewie deserve one as well (especially Chewie--he should get one just to make up for the cruel fate that awaited him in VP *grrr*).

BTW, Jedi Callie, what are you going to call Luke and Callie's three kids in your story? I'm just curious. Looking forward to reading it soon.[/B]

The early draft of that particular story is already written, so I've already named them (although I'm changing the name of their first born).

They are: Cray Amidala (formerly named "Cailin" but I felt that naming her Cray would be a little more symbolic, so she will be Cray in the re-writes), Owen (named of course after the man who raised Luke), and Ryla (don't know where I came up with that, but there it is LOL).

Cray is born a year and a half after her parents get married, and it is while Callie is pregnant with her that the Force starts to return to her--she gets her powers back fully after Cray is born (that's one of the major plot points in the second story). She's got curly blond hair and gray eyes like her mama .

Owen is born two years after his sister, and he's also got Luke's face and hair but his mother's eyes.

Ryla is born three years after Owen, about a year after her parents move back to Coruscant to re-establish the Jedi Council. She's got her mother's malt-brown hair and her father's blue eyes, and she's also the strongest of the children in the Force...

You know what's frustrating is that I've got all kinds of ideas for storylines, but it takes time to get 'em down into an actual story!

20. Jedi Callie

Jun 14, 1999
    Hey, Callie!! Welcome!! And congratulations on your impending bundle of joy . I must say I am very envious *hehe*. I've been having bad baby blues in the last few months (geez, what's it going to be like when my biological clock *really* gets ticking).

Come join in the fun

21. Jedi15

Nov 7, 1999
    You're absolutely right, Jedi Callie. Threepio deserves an icon too! And so does Han, Lando, Chewie, Jar Jar, and, of course, CALLISTA!

Welcome to the Callie Club, Callie! And good luck on being a mother. I myself have to help babysit my two-year-old brother, and it is HELL! But still fun...

Keep this thread rocking, everyone! We're already up to 21 posts! Keep it up!

CALLISTA RULES!

22. Jedi Callie

Jun 14, 1999

Keep this thread rocking, everyone! We're already up to 21 posts! Keep it up!

You can count on me, partner

Hey, did anyone here ever watch the soap, Another World? If you did, and you remember a character named Jenna, doesn't she bear a strong resemblance to Doug Shuler's illustration of Callie?

Just a random thought LOL...

23. Insane Anakin

Insane Anakin Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 1999
    I agree with MJEH's statement.

24. Jedi15

Nov 7, 1999
    About what? Callista ruling? Yep, she certainly does!

25. Empress Palpatine

Dec 31, 1999
    I'm not much for soap operas, Jedi Callie, so I can't really tell you anything about that. I still think Nicole Kidman would be PERFECT for Callista.

Does anyone think we'll see her in any of the future NJO books? Here's to hoping...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.