main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

2000 VHS Release of the Trilogy

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by mandalore15, Mar 3, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grand Admiral Thraawn

Grand Admiral Thraawn Jedi Youngling star 1

May 7, 1999
    I'm just curious, why do guy/girls like Cally?
    It's pretty obvoius that she's a whining wimp. Don't you think?
    I'm not being evil or anything, but she's almost as bad as Qwi Xux or whoever that crazy lookin' girl is.
    She's got no personallity...
    Correct me if I'm wrong please.

sorry

2. Empress Palpatine

Empress Palpatine Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 31, 1999
    Grand Admiral Thraawn, in your opinion, hoqw is Callista a "whining wimp"? Is it because she's upset that she lost her Force powers? So what? Wouldn't YOU be upset if something you valued for your whole life be taken away from you in a split second? I sure would.

3. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Grand Admiral Thraawn:

Correct me if I'm wrong please. sorry

Ok your wrong. Callista is a great character. I'm just sorry she was only in 3 books. And I hope she comes back in the NJO as a Jedi. BTW where can I get a copy of Murder In Slushtime I would love to read it.

4. LadyCallie

LadyCallie Jedi Master star 4

Apr 28, 2000

5. LadyCallie

Apr 28, 2000
    Here is a poem I wrote awhile back.

SHE KNOWS
    by ladycallie

She Knows pain, the agony of leaving him.
    She Knows joy, the time they had together.
    She Knows alone, not hearing the sound of his voice.
    She Knows hope,that she will see him again.
    She Knows sorrow, knowing that she must leave him.
    She Knows happiness, the way that he smiles.
    She Knows fear, she lost him once, has she lost him forever?
    She Knows love, she will love him for the rest of her life.
    Callista Knows all these things, but the one thing she doesn't knoe is that Luke Knows these things too.

Did ya like it?

6. Insane Anakin

Insane Anakin Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 1999
    Say it, brother.

7. Ambassador Cara Jade

Ambassador Cara Jade Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 23, 1999
    Sigh...Here we go again...
    TO ALL THE CALLIE HATERS IN THIS THREAD:

If you hate her so much, why do you keep coming here? And what, exactly, is your purpose for coming anyway? Yes, we know you don't like Callista. We've established that. There is no reason, then, for you to keep coming here with your "Callista sucks" tags. Do you really, honestly expect that your words will suddenly make us say, "Hey, you're right!" ? Do you really think that we're going to drop everything we are doing here--and have been doing faithfully for a long time now--at these redundant (yes, Darth-Boba-Fett, redundant) sermons about how much Callista sucks and that all she does is whine? Even in these arguments just posted, you have not provided any credible ecidence to support your opinions. After fighting to create a "Callistopia," if you will, where we would not be flamed for discussing something everyone else may consider "out of the box," do you really think that we're just going to leave it all behind now to follow you? If this is your purpose here, exactly how many have you turned against Callista and us, in comparison to the rest of her fans?
    Well, let met tell you all something. There is no power in this Universe or beyond it that will change our minds. We have decided that we like Callista, and that's the end of it. You are beating your heads against a brick wall, and I'm sure they must be getting pretty sore. Anyway, do you see us trying to turn you all against Mara Jade--or even bashing her?
    Most of us were crushed when Luke decided to marry Mara, because it meant that part of our enjoyment in the galaxy far, far away was taken--the part of watching for any hing that Callista would return and we'd get a happy ending. The rest of the Star Wars forum rejoiced at the union. Please, don't get me wrong here--I'm okay with the union, but it took ample warming to. We all lost a lot of hope when Mara said, "yes" to Luke's proposal.
    My point here is, if you have any shred of decency or maturity, you will give us this one place of sanctuary. Please--find someplace else to bash Callista, like the aformentioned thread created by neimoidian_85, and never come back here.

That is all I have to say at the moment.

Luke and Callista Forever.

8. Ambassador Cara Jade

Oct 23, 1999
    Sigh...Here we go again...
    TO ALL THE CALLIE HATERS IN THIS THREAD:

If you hate her so much, why do you keep coming here? And what, exactly, is your purpose for coming anyway? Yes, we know you don't like Callista. We've established that. There is no reason, then, for you to keep coming here with your "Callista sucks" tags. Do you really, honestly expect that your words will suddenly make us say, "Hey, you're right!" ? Do you really think that we're going to drop everything we are doing here--and have been doing faithfully for a long time now--at these redundant (yes, Darth-Boba-Fett, redundant) sermons about how much Callista sucks and that all she does is whine? Even in these arguments just posted, you have not provided any credible ecidence to support your opinions. After fighting to create a "Callistopia," if you will, where we would not be flamed for discussing something everyone else may consider "out of the box," do you really think that we're just going to leave it all behind now to follow you? If this is your purpose here, exactly how many have you turned against Callista and us, in comparison to the rest of her fans?
    Well, let met tell you all something. There is no power in this Universe or beyond it that will change our minds. We have decided that we like Callista, and that's the end of it. You are beating your heads against a brick wall, and I'm sure they must be getting pretty sore. Anyway, do you see us trying to turn you all against Mara Jade--or even bashing her?
    Most of us were crushed when Luke decided to marry Mara, because it meant that part of our enjoyment in the galaxy far, far away was taken--the part of watching for any hing that Callista would return and we'd get a happy ending. The rest of the Star Wars forum rejoiced at the union. Please, don't get me wrong here--I'm okay with the union, but it took ample warming to. We all lost a lot of hope when Mara said, "yes" to Luke's proposal.
    My point here is, if you have any shred of decency or maturity, you will give us this one place of sanctuary. Please--find someplace else to bash Callista, like the aformentioned thread created by neimoidian_85, and never come back here.

That is all I have to say at the moment.

Luke and Callista Forever.

9. Jedi15

Jedi15 Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 7, 1999
    Say it, sister!

10. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
    Nicely put Ambassador Cara Jade but I fear your words will fall on deaf ears. These Callista haters will never really go away. They will always be here in one form or another, trying to appear clever but never pulling it off.

The problem I have with the " Callista Sucks" argument is I have yet to see any of it backed up. I have seen a well thought out argument on why she is bad character. All I see is she's a selfish whiner. Give me a quote of Callista whining. Where is she selfish? I don't see any of these characteristics in Callista.

I am not proud to say it but I was once a Callista hater. The first time I read Children of the Jedi I hated it and Callista. I hated her for a long time. I posted a few times on this board saying as much. But then a few mouths ago I reread Children of the Jedi and I loved it. I even loved the much abused Planet of Twilight. I thought Luke's and Callista good-bye was touching and beautifully written.

It would be nice if the flamers would leave us alone. But I am not going to hold my breath.

11. Jedi15

Nov 7, 1999
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Amidala Starkiller:
    The problem I have with the " Callista Sucks" argument is I have yet to see any of it backed up. I have seen a well thought out argument on why she is bad character. All I see is she's a selfish whiner. Give me a quote of Callista whining. Where is she selfish? I don't see any of these characteristics in Callista.

I couldn't agree more, Amidala Starkiller! cool.gif

And like you, I used to dislike Callista. But I had only read Darksaber at the time. When I finally got around to reading Children of the Jedi, I was pleasantly surprised. I actually LIKED Callista (I didn't in Darksaber). Planet of Twilight was also pretty good--the highlight being Callista's conversations with Leia and her final goodbye with Luke--but I could've done without that droch subplot.

Luke and Callista Forever!

12. LadyCallie

Apr 28, 2000
    You go Girl!

CALLISTA FOREVER!!

13. Ambassador Cara Jade

Oct 23, 1999
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR> "I fear your words will fall onto deaf ears."

Well, I would suggest that we go to the Mara fans thread and diss her up one side and down the other, but that just means we're lowering ourselves to their level and that we're no better than them. Sigh...Well, like that Emporer guy in Mulan said:

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>"The flower that blooms in adversity is the rarest and most beautiful of all."

So anyway, can you guys believe I almost skipped over Children of the Jedi completely? I can't believe that I did. That would have been terrible!

Luke and Callista Forever!!!

14. Jedi15

Nov 7, 1999
    I'm just wondering, who's gonna write the next part of Maternal Instincts?

Oh, and as for that dream sequence I wrote, I'm planning on exploring it further in the sequel. But as of now, I'm just doing a little foreshadowing. More on that "She" stuff later, though.

15. Insane Anakin

Nov 12, 1999
    Is it okay if write the next segment?

16. Jaded

Jaded Jedi Master star 3

Feb 27, 2000
    Just because a few people come in here and diss Callista doesn't mean that it's some grand conspiracy by Mara Jade fans to mess with your thread. If it happens, it's probably an isolated incident.

If youu want to diss Mara in this thread, go ahead, just please don't come into the Mara thread. I have to say I am sorry that bashing is happening again, but please, this isn't a competition, this isn't a war. And please, don't assume just because someone dislikes Callista that they're instantly Mara fans by default--some people dislike Callista because she's Callista. Some people dislike Mara just because she's Mara. It goes both ways. We've gotten bashers in our thread too. We just gotta deal with it (which it appears you are doing) and move on.

=jaded=

17. Jedi15

Nov 7, 1999
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jaded:
    Just because a few people come in here and diss Callista doesn't mean that it's some grand conspiracy by Mara Jade fans to mess with your thread. If it happens, it's probably an isolated incident.

I agree. Most of the Mara fans are mature and decent people. It's only a few certain "individuals" who cause trouble. You know who you are...

[This message has been edited by Jedi15 (edited 06-17-2000).]

18. Jedi15

Nov 7, 1999
    Oh, and thank you, Jaded, for your kind words. I have no intention of bashing Mara in this thread, and you have nothing to apologize for. Let's all just get along and continue talking about the characters that we love.

19. LadyCallie

Apr 28, 2000
    Was my poem THAT bad?

20. Insane Anakin

Nov 12, 1999
    Well, in my baby name book, Jade means "no jewel could compare with that priceless gem called "daughter."

21. Jedi15

Nov 7, 1999
    No, LadyCallie, not bad at all! My favorite line in that poem was:

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>She Knows hope,that she will see him again.

I liked it because it mentioned the word "hope".

22. Ambassador Cara Jade

Oct 23, 1999
    It was a beautiful poem, LadyCallie! I was going to say something earlier, but I was too incensed by the Callie bashers. But yes, it's a great poem! I have a few that I wrote for Luke and Callie. Maybe sometime I'll put them up.

Luke and Callista Forever!!!

23. LadyCallie

Apr 28, 2000
    Thanks, Jedi 15!

24. LadyCallie

Apr 28, 2000
    Thanks, Cara! Please post your poems. I would love to see them!

25. LadyCallie

Apr 28, 2000
    Can we play the Callista trivia game again?
    It looked like fun.

I'll start with a easy one.

Q. How long was Callista stuck in the "Eye"?

[This message has been edited by LadyCallie (edited 06-18-2000).]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.