main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Awards 2004 Summer Fan Fiction Awards Beyond the Saga Ceremony

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Summer_Fanfic_Awards, Jul 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThePariah

ThePariah Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 24, 2003
    *gets up from table and clandestinely sneaks behind stage to crook a beckoning finger at Luke behind the curtain; hooks arm into his and saunters off into the night*

Hey, I'm not letting this dress go to waste. [face_mischief] ;)

'Night, all! :D

2. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    And no, i'm not kidding about his commentary. He's actually like that. He's the grandson of a jew, therefore obsessed with jews, thinks everyone's a bigot...Sometimes, I have to tell him to just shut up!

3. Summer_Fanfic_Awards

Summer_Fanfic_Awards Jedi Youngling star 2

May 14, 2004
    Oh, a few more things... if anyone has sudden inspiration for more entertainment for the other sagas, just PM me; we could still use one or two more.

Also, I would have to say that the hardest thing about doing the ceremony is not being able to give everyone awards. So many of the quotes and excerpts were so good that I would think, "This one should win," and then I would read the next one and think "I like this one a lot also," etc.

Oh, and if your listing was missing a quote and you want to add one for the others who will read this later, then just PM me.

There was something else I was going to say, but, like usual, I forgot.

Darth: my screen name is Kettch_the_Jedi

4. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    Awww, that really IS a rant you'd have to put up with! :p Don't worry if you don't like Jag, but technically he's not a cradle robber since he's only two years older than Jaina. ;)

Jae Angel

5. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    seriously. jag's funny. i like j/j fics a lot more because they seem more alike.

6. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    Alike? I thought they were great because they were the odd couple. The quiet guy and the forward girl. Put them together and you get TOTAL CHAOS! :D [face_mischief]

Jae Angel

7. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Two crazy pilots. 'nuff said.

8. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    i'm the quiet girl with the forward guy. It may not seem like i'm the quiet one, but i had speech problems when i was young and no one likes me, even here on the boards and especially not in real life, so I tend to be really shy. My husband, on the ohter hand, is very self-centered and loud.

9. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    Awww, well I've got the complete opposite situation. My mom brought me up to be forward and sometimes I come across as a little too forward, even though I'm introverted if I had a choice. Perhaps I should learn to shut my mouth. :p My fiance is the voice of reason in so many ways, such as "Jess, you don't need any more shoes/halter tops/sushi!" [face_laugh]

Jae Angel

ED: And right now he keeps on reminding me that we have a party to attend, and I need to shower, so I'm off! Congrats to everyone who won! It was very well deserved and I'm certain this was the best competition I've seen in a while. Good to see so many, and I think a lot of that had to do with splitting the sagas and having more categories. I don't think anyone can complain about how it was organized. Good job (and congrats ;) ) to KTJ!

10. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I've got an actress sister, a stick-thin lacrosse-playing sister, and a diving champion brother. And I'm the quiet, fat one with all the scars from trying to be like them who doesn't do anything except play mediocre music and proofread their papers so they get As in English.

11. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    LOL, like me! :) I'm what you call a jack-of-all-trades (and presumably the add-on "master of none" but we have yet to see if I can master anything. I'm good at freecell, and bowling. [face_mischief] )

Jae Angel

12. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    A certain wise old person reminded me to do this:

Thank you, Kettch & Co., for the Awards ceremony!

@};- :* [:D]

13. red rose knight

red rose knight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2001
    Congrats to everyone! :)

Thank you to Kettch and everyone who helped out. [:D]

14. Summer_Fanfic_Awards

Summer_Fanfic_Awards Jedi Youngling star 2

May 14, 2004
    You are welcome everyone! I enjoyed doing it very much. :)

15. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    Yes, congrats to all the winners, and a big thank you to Kettch and everyone else who made the awards possible.

Dana

16. FamousAmos

FamousAmos VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 9, 2003
    Congrats to all the winners... you deserve them :)

And a massive thank you and 'your awesome' to Kettch_The_Jedi, who was the mastermind behind this whole deal :D

I was extremely happy to have been a part of this(both as an author and a volunteer).

17. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    Gah! For some reason, I got it into my head that voting went on until the 16th. Go figure...

[face_plain] [face_blush] :( :mad:

Thankfully, I didn't win anything... [face_plain]

But, hearty congratulations to all the winners (especially Tahi and Scoundrel!), and enthusiastic thoughts to all those who didn't win - especially if my incompetence made a difference...

:( :mad:

[off to burry his head in shame and drown his anger in alcohol]

- The Imperial Ewok

18. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    Congrats on all the winners!!!! :D =D= I completely forgot the awards were tonight... [face_blush]

19. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    Not a good night to be hosting a dinner party...

First, A big Congrats to all the winners -- LadyPadme (multiple times), Darth Lex, Tkeira Lea (multiple times), Kettch_the_Jedi, Jaina Durron, obaona, Tahi, Jags_Scoundrel (twice), Tilly, Wraith Squadron writers, Melyanna and Padawan Lunetta, Jaina_Solo_15, Jags_gurl, kayladie97, and VaderLVR64. Whew!! What a list! =D= =D= =D=

And... I couldn't believe it! I won two times! [face_blush] So a great big THANKS to all who voted for my stories. :D And thanks to all of you who posted congratulations to me here. :)

And last but certainly not least -- Many, many thanks to Kettch, and her teams of vote counters, nomination counters, verifiers, mark-up coders, and of course, the entertainment crew! Those commercials were great! And looks like the ceremony went really smooth. :)

20. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    I think this is the first time we were done in less than 50 pages. Good job.

Dana

21. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    *dashes in very, very late* Darn work. :p

Thank you to Kettch and everyone else who helped put this together, and congratulations to all the winners and nominees! :D It looks like it was a great ceremony. :D

Special congratulations to Darth_Lex, obaona, Jedi-2B, TKL, and most especially my wonderful evil twin, LadyPadme. :D :D :D :D :D

@};- for everyone! @};-

22. jags_gurl

jags_gurl Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2002
    *stumbles in just off of work*

*finds she just won an award*

*faints dead away*

Wow. Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who voted for me and who congratulated me and woah.... never thought that would happen! :D Love ya'lls!

Congratulations to all the winners - sorry I couldn't make it to the ceremony to congratulate you all individually! G'nite!

~j_g

23. JediMasterKobe

JediMasterKobe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2003
    *comes crashing in 9 1/2 hours later*

Sorry guys, I had to make a stop at Ryloth to pick up Aayla and the traffic was hell getting back. :p

Woohoo! Best Non-human! Thank you to everyone who voted. :) Also, excellent job on the awards ceremony. Loved all the commercials.

24. Tekli_theInsane

Tekli_theInsane Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 22, 2004
    Tekli is officially a moooooooooooorrrrrooooooooon. :oops: A: I forgot to vote. I kept on putting it off for the first week, thinking over my decisions... and the entire second week my internet was down. :mad:

B: I forgot (even after promising myself that I'd come multiple times) to come to this.

*sigh*

YAY FOR EVERYBODY! =D= [:D] [face_dancing]

There were loads of great stories... In retrospect, it's probably better I didn't vote, because I would never be able to pick only one for each category. :D

Anyway, congratulations, everybody! =D= :D

25. Jags_Scoundrel

Jags_Scoundrel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2003
    Sorry I missed out on the ceremony! I was so excited when I saw that ByTS would be on Friday night, because normally that would have been the best night for me . . . then I realized that we already had plans for this particular Friday night. :(

Anyway, a big thank you and lots of [:D] to everyone who was involved in putting together this ceremony! Super job!

Congratulations to all the winners: Lady Padme, Lex, TKL, Kettch_the_Jedi, Jaina Durron, Obaona, Tahi, Tilly, Jedi-2B, Wraith Squadron writers, Melyanna and Padawan Lunetta, Jaina_Solo_15, Jags_gurl, kayladie97, jedi master kobe, and VaderLVR64! =D= =D= =D=

Lastly, many, many thanks and [:D] to everyone who voted for me and everyone who offered their congratulations. (I'm still in shock! :eek:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.