main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Awards 2004 Summer Fanfiction Nominations-- Important Announcement for BYTS & TS Nominees on 6/13 in Green

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Summer_Fanfic_Awards, May 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BeyondtheSaga

BeyondtheSaga Jedi Youngling

May 14, 2004
    Is there anyone on-line now who would be willing to help with mark-up code? Please PM this screen name.

Kettch

PS- It would require sending documents via e-mail (so do not respond if you do not feel comfortable giving me your e-mail).

Edit: Please see thread by TheSaga (two more down)

2. Lt_Jaina_Solo

Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

May 27, 2002
    My excerpt, etc. is in.

BtS, I'll be able to help later this weekend. Unfortunately I'm leaving now to go see Shrek 2

Email me at ladyamouri@yahoo.com, or PM me if you still need my help this weekend

~LtJS @};-

3. TheSaga

TheSaga Jedi Youngling

May 14, 2004
    I have switched screen names so if you are able to help, please PM this account. Thanks.

Edit: Thanks for eveyone who offered to help. I think I have all the help I can use now. Ya'll are great!!!

4. JainaDurron

JainaDurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    I got my submissions in, and after quite a bit of fighting, my information for Best AUthor as well.

~~Jilly

5. Knight-Ander

Knight-Ander Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    I have read and understand the rules and, well, everything else, I guess. :p

6. Jedi-Ander

Jedi-Ander Jedi Youngling

Mar 2, 2004
    I have read and understand the rules and, well, everything else, I guess. :p

7. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    OK, so we can use sections not just a whole post- got it. But I've still got a question- nothing like the 11th hour. Is there any special way that we're supposed to divide the different sections of our blurb, especially if they're from different chapters?

I have a character entry and he doesn't have a single 900 word post so I'll probably have to use two sections from different posts. Any help clearing this up would be most appreciated. :)

EDIT: OK, all my PM's are in! :D Last one was exactly 900 words- too close. *shivers* Anyway, hopefully it will make sense...*fingers crossed*

JD.

8. GunraysLawyer

GunraysLawyer Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2003
    Well, the excerpts are in, all PM'd last night between 11:30 pm and 12:35 am, Eastern....

The group running this has done a wonderful job.

One mild complaint, the word limit on the excerpts is particularly hard on those of us who generally have 2,000 - 3,000 words a post. One must wonder what effect an obviously less than complete and cut-up post will have on the voting readers. (Of course, it may help me ;) )

My only suggestion would be either a MSWord page limit or a limit of one post. That way those of us who are long-winded will run teh risk of having voters tune out, but at least we won't have to worry about our excerpts making no sense.

9. Knight-Ander

Knight-Ander Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    All my submissions are in. :)

10. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    GunraysLawyer Actually, I had one excerpt that would have made no sense except I broke it up in the middle and then continued until it did make sense. Added a (----) line to let people know that it was 2 parts. I found it rather enlightening to have to keep it so short. Wrestling with 901 words was amusing, frustrating, and thought-provoking.

Actually, I think keeping it so short will keep the readers reading. I remember some of the other awards where they had a 1 or 2 page limit per excerpt. As a voter, it was quite daunting to finish reading all of excerpts and it took a couple of evenings to do.

Good luck with the awards, everyone....

11. GunraysLawyer

GunraysLawyer Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2003
    dianethx--- I know...That's why I am not terribly comfortable with my suggestions. I am not sure what the best of the bad choices presented by the situation would turn out to be...

12. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Maybe when this is all over, they can have a thread on what worked and what didn't - especially with feedback from those who've participated (as a writer and/or reader) in more than one awards contest. Each was run differently - different ways of voting, excerpt submission, length of post, awards catagory, etc. Making it as easy as possible for the participants and the volunteers running it will make it more fun as well!

13. Summer_Fanfic_Awards

Summer_Fanfic_Awards Jedi Youngling star 2

May 14, 2004

READ THIS ENTIRE POST BEFORE SENDING ME ANY QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS.

Well, I am very hesitant to do this but due to some suggestions made, I am posting the Beyond the Saga submissions from the voting thread a few days before posting it in its own thread. There are two reasons I am doing this. 1) To give a few extra days for people to look over the submissions and 2) So that the authors can correct major mistakes now instead of after the voting thread has been posted.

This is just the Beyond the Saga nominees. The other two eras will also be having their own pre-posts of the voting thread, but not at this moment! I hope to get The Saga nominees up by tomorrow and Before the Saga by Monday. I have received an impressive number of volunteers helping me with the organizing and coding but it still takes a ridiculous amount of time.

Do NOT send any votes in now. The voting stage has not begun; this is just a preview. Any votes sent in now will be ignored and will greatly irritate me.

If you do not see your submission then one of the following things probably happened;

1) You did not send your submission before 9 am, Saturday. This does not mean that your submission will not be in the voting thread. It simply means that I finished this thread before you sent in your submission but once you PM it to the correct saga then I will add it to the list.

2) You did not send your submission to the correct screen name

3) You did not send your submission with the correct Message Subject. This is probably the most common error and could have been avoided by reading the directions post more carefully.

What to do if there is a Problem with Your Submission

You must follow these directions EXACTLY or your problem will not be corrected. If you think me mean, then consider: I have 300+ stories to organize; how many submissions do you have to work on?

1) If your story is not included and you sent it before 9 am today, please re-read the directions posted in this thread on 6/2 in red print. Then send your story correctly.

2) If your post does not include mark-up coding, then you did not type in the coding according to the directions given you on 6/2. If you would like to add coding correctly, please re-read the directions, figure out what was wrong with the coding you sent, send a completely redone submission exactly according to the directions with the exception of the message title. Your subject line should read ?ADDITION: MC: Best Whatever? where ?Whatever? is the category your nomination is for.

3) If there is some other error in your story that desperately needs to be changed then please send another PM in the same format you already sent with the following additions: a) In the title type ?CHANGE: Best Whatever? where ?Whatever? is the category you are nominated for, b) In the body of the message, highlight/color the changes you made. If there is no highlighting/coloring, I will not change the submission.

4) If you have any questions please post them here (after I unlock the thread) or PM me.

Note that changes/additions are not my first priority right now. Getting the rest of the sagas voting threads is. Therefore, do not expect your changes/additions to be taken care of immediately. Just hope that I get them done before it is time to post the voting thread.

Sincerely,

The Evil Mean Unmerciful Strict Demanding Kettch

14. Summer_Fanfic_Awards

May 14, 2004
    BEST AU:

Love Thy Enemy by ThePariah
    Attention Moron: Your Pal is Stealing Your Gal by NarundiJedi
    The Jade Prophecy by Lady Padme
    A Darkened Day by Agent Jaid
    Lest Ye Be Judged by DarthIshtar
    Carrida Avenged: Unnatural Selection by Padme Leia Jaina
    Eighth Cortex by Yoda Kenobi
    At the Oasis by Tahi

The Jade Prophecy

LadyPadme

The underbrush in the jungle was thick, making it very difficult for Luke to make out the path. In the distance, he could see the very tops of the stone Massassi temples peeking out over the canopy of towering trees, and calculated another five kilometers of walking.

Luke paused, and wiped the sweat off his brow. The air was stiflingly hot and thick with humidity, and Luke felt he was having some difficulty breathing. His clothes were soaked with sweat and clung uncomfortably to his back and legs. He looked up briefly toward the relentlessly hot sun, and then toward the quarter disc of the huge gas giant of Yavin, which hung pale in the sky.

After spending a few minutes to collect himself, Luke picked up his lightsaber and continued hacking his way further through the jungle. He walked for what felt like a small eternity, and then suddenly paused. Over the incessant jungle chatter of chirping birds and insects, Luke could hear something that sounded distinctly like a waterfall. He cocked his head and listened more carefully for a few more seconds and then turned and headed in the direction of the waterfall.

The sound of running water became louder as Luke continued walking, but there was also the sensation of a presence in the Force, which was becoming stronger with each passing second. Trying to maintain calm, and to keep his frustration at bay, Luke forced himself to cut through the jungle underbrush slowly and methodically as always.

Luke cut through a particularly thick knot of Canci vines and then suddenly found himself standing along the edge of a river. His eyes widened in surprise. How was it that he didn?t know about this river, which was so close the Academy?

Luke looked back toward the direction of the Massassi temples but could see nothing over the jungle canopy. He wasn?t surprised. He had trekked downhill for the last hundred meters and assumed that the temples had just been blocked from view. When he looked back toward the Yavin sun, however, he paused. The gas giant of Yavin, which had always hung overhead in the sky over the jungle moon, was gone.

Bewildered, Luke looked back down toward the river. It was making a rushing noise, but there was a more thunderous sound of water upstream. He followed the curving riverbank until he suddenly came upon a series of seven waterfalls that fed into the river. The falls were not high; probably no more than ten meters, and they created a stunning view. But the falls were not what caught Luke?s attention. The water from third waterfall from the left diverged as it spilled over an outcropping of rock; this distilled the powerful rush of water somewhat. Under the overhang of rock, and directly under a spill of water, Luke could distinctly see the outline of a figure.

He continued edging along the riverbank closer to the falls, squinting to see the figure more closely, and then gasped. In his surprise, he slipped, almost falling into the river.

A woman was standing on a rock ledge under the waterfall, and it appeared she was taking a shower. He could only see her head and her arms raised to wash her hair, which appeared a dark auburn. The rest of her body was swathed in water, and only occasionally could Luke glimpse bits of flesh that peeked out through the water. The woman did not seem to notice his approach, although as Luke came closer, he could feel her strong Force-signature.

It was Mara Jade.

What in the galaxy was Mara doing on Yavin IV? Luke wondered. He glanced up toward the sky, but again, could not see the reflection of Yavin. As he looked down toward the

15. Summer_Fanfic_Awards

May 14, 2004
    BEST HUMOR

Attention Moron: Your Pal is Stealing Your Gal by NarundiJedi
    The Big Chill by kayladie97
    Letters of Complaint to the NJO Authors/Editors by Kettch_the_Jedi
    Dazed and Confused by Famous Amos
    At the Oasis by Tahi
    The Prank Side of the Force by 3MD Psychosniper

Letters of Complaint to the New Jedi Order Authors

Kettch_the_Jedi

NJO people,

You killed Anakin, irrevocably stuffed a Yuuzhan Vong personality in me, and forced me to wear shoes. I hate you. You?re definitely not a worthy sacrifice. Anakin was supposed to be the hero in the NJO, not that dummy Jacen. You should have killed him. You should have killed them both. Why did you kill my Anakin? How could you do this to me? And as for kissing Jacen...I?d rather kiss a droolin? Hutt. Anakin would never want me to kiss his brother, Yuuzhan Vong don?t kiss. Of course what do I expect from the people who had me run away when Anakin was dying. Is that the type of people you are? Ones who would run away from danger when you could save the person you love?s life? You are cowards who should be destroyed as the blasphemous machines you also depend on. There is NO WAY I would have left Anakin to die alone. Compassion and caring is such a weakness in the beings of this galaxy. Love isn?t a weakness that hinders people; it strengthens them and CAUSES THEM TO FIGHT FOR OTHERS WHEN THEY ARE IN DANGER, NOT LEAVE THEM TO DIE ALONE!!! Forget it, Tahiri, these authors are such cowards they would kiss a Bur?kks ass if it would keep them from even an honorable death. I still can?t believe you stupid authors set Anakin up to be the hero and then killed him. So much for that ?together you are stronger? Jeedai nonsense. Shut up, Riina, no one wants you here. Apparently, these authors do since even though I died I still live on in you. Dummy authors should have killed you more. It?s not like I am enjoying the ride. I hate you, Riina. We finally agree on something. Stupid authors, why did you stick me with her? Have you no compassion? Not only do you kill the one being in all the entire galaxy that truly cares for me but you turn me into some split-personality nut who has to be saved by Jaina of all people! She definitely needs to die; she is a profanity who should have been the first human to perish a dishonorable death. This is going to come as a surprise, but in no book did Jaina and I ever establish a friendship. Why would I go to her for help on Mon Cal when Riina was torturing me? A true warrior needs no help. I would have traveled back to Tatooine to talk to my dead, smelling bantha first. That?s one planet we the Yuzhan Vong have no interest in; you humans can keep it. By the way, I still don?t like shoes!! Their not as good as living armor but they are better than going barefoot. No way! Look at the Junior Jedi Series and there are three things that establish who I am: barefootedness, talkativeness and my relationship with Anakin. Without any of those, what is left of me? Nothing. You the authors should have just let me win and take over her body; it would have been fun to have Force powers all to myself. I hate you, Riina and I hate you, NJO authors. You?re all stupid. If your galaxy had more than one habitable planet the Yuzhan Vong would take over your world, authors. Now redo the series and bring my Anakin back! Right now!

And as for me turning into some kind of Dark Jedi-Vong Creation... if you don't bring Anakin back you won't need to do a thing. There I'll be: a being consumed with killing who has Force powers and who hates you more than anything else in

16. Summer_Fanfic_Awards

May 14, 2004
    BEST POEM

A hero's return by Jedi_of_destiny
    And the Chrono kept ticking by 3MD Psychosniper
    After the storm by Tahi
    In Love, In pain a Yuuzhan Vong love letter by Tahi

After the storm (A poem for Kyp)

Tahi

You wouldn't believe
    the storm we had yesterday.
    Scudding clouds turned ashen
    and were then consumed
    by great pillars of roiling indigo,
    angry behemoths of the sky.

The sea, mirror calm at noon,
    caught the wind's frenzy.
    Aquamarine glaze topped
    with white frills gave way
    to a cauldron bubbling, fermenting,
    throwing up what detritus,
    what memory of storms past?

By evening the wind had calmed,
    but the clouds, bruised and bleeding,
    leached their pain
    into the sky of Mon Calamari.

We fell asleep with the ocean
    still heaving, retching
    in sympathy.

Pain inflicted
    leaves scars.
    And the sea gods were weeping.

This morning the sun woke us early.
    No grey nimbus edged
    with gore like raw meat
    clouded its perspective.
    Its face beamed up at us from the ocean
    and nothing was hidden by choppy waves.
    No busy breeze ruffled the polished green.

"Storm's over," someone said.
    "It's amazing - the power of nature."

I nodded
    because it's true.

But I know more. I know
    there's much that is hidden,
    beneath the innocent sheen
    of the ocean, beyond
    the simple geometry
    of the horizon. If I narrow
    my eyes, I can see the last traces
    of wounded sky in the corners
    of my vision, nature marking
    its territory, reminding us
    it thinks in cycles. It can ravage
    and raze, and then begin again
    with impunity.

But I can't.

Linked to nature through the Force
    I struggle to wipe the slate clean.
    My memories are like this ocean,
    are like this morning-after sky.
    My storm is the mirror of this,
    always on the periphery. Always
    capable of making another sweep,
    yet sweeping like an old broom,
    that leaves corners untouched.

Guilty
    flotsam and jetsam
    in my soul.

If I could see further, beyond
    this morning dome of sunlight
    and peace, could I see Carida?
    And would I see it
    with telescope eyes?
    Carida as it was long
    before the storm.

How far must I go
    to preserve that image?

A lifetime in light years.
    A lifetime expended
    redressing the balance.
    A lifetime
    defined
    by a storm.

In love, in pain (To Mezhan Kwaad)

Tahi

Savage love, no poet's skill have I.
    A warrior from the crèche, my art
    lies not in symbols. And yet I see
    that my tradition is not so far apart,
    my stylus - my couffe. My parchment -
    the flesh of my foe, where time again
    I wrote my sacrifice of blood and pain.

Dangerous love, my partner in crime,
    my passion for you unsummoned, callow,
    shy at first, a tender seed that grew bold
    and now begs to bloom, yet must in shadow
    remain. Discovery a double risk for both
    this poem, our love. Begging dispensation,
    the gods of love reward us with temptation.

Forbidden love, is this our lot? Secret
    assignations praying the gods will smile,
    agony of deceit rising like sap, driving us
    to sweet despair. Desire, no longer docile,
    awaits its season, cares not for reason,
    but craves your touch - your absence an ache,
    an overwhelming thirst that nought can slake.

Manipulative love, sculptor of life,
    your skill my inspiration. But not worlds
    for my fingers, nor flesh. I choose the lyric.
    Seven lines numbered for each god, words
    become the means to contain our love.
    And in this ancient form I replicate
    our challenge to tradition and constraint.

Cruel love, dismiss this poem if you must,
    but know something of its cost. Tso'asu skin,
    from the grotto of Yun-Harla - priestly
    scroll - stolen along with i'fii quill, thin
    and fine, the best quality. The medium,
    my blood, spilling its heat -

17. Summer_Fanfic_Awards

May 14, 2004
    BEST MULTIPLE

Why Love Was Forbidden in the Old Jedi Order by Melyanna and Padawan Lunetta
    Prank Side of the Force by 3MD Psychosniper and Jaya Solo
    Power Lust by Sjade and Tatiana

Prank Side of the Force

Wes_Janson and Jaya Solo .

In this story, Luke Skywalker discovers that Wes Janson has Force potential and invites him to study at the Jedi Academy to become a Jedi. Wes Janson has been at the Academy for a few weeks and Jaina Solo and Tenel Ka have decided to play a trick on him by setting him up with two ?hot chicks? for the dance.

After Janson had walked up to the girls, who giggled at his appearance, he remarked with a smirk, ?I know who my date is, but,? he left off as he scanned around the room, ?I don?t see her here.?

The girls? shocked looks were quickly replaced with ones of mischief and relief as they realized that he still didn?t know who it really was.

?Oh, I guess I was wrong about my date,? Wes said, and the girls followed his line of vision to a pretty female pilot who had just walked in. She smiled as she approached Janson, and right before he could make any flirtatious comment, a slap resounded throughout the room.

?That was for Corran,? she said loudly, and as abruptly as she came in, she turned on her heel and walked straight out of the door.

Wes rubbed his sore cheek. Wonderful Janson. Way to go on scarring off another girl.

Culler Wayland couldn?t resist his chance to poke fun at Janson?s predicament as he said ?Well, that just shows you what happens when you play a prank on someone: you lose the girl in the process. Way to go Janson! Maybe this will teach you to stop your pranks.?

?It?ll take a lot more than a little slap to stop me. I?ve been slapped by many women for ?? he stopped as he remembered he was in the presence of young girls and continued, ?lots of reasons.? Janson glared at the younger man before he turned to the girls and asked, ?Okay, so where?s my date. I could use a pretty girl to dance with.?

The girls, suddenly feeling slightly guilty for what they were about to do, quickly thought about their options.

?Well?? he asked again.

Jaina slowly raised her hand and meekly said, ?Um, well, you see, that?d be me.?

Wes looked shocked. Why didn?t I see this one coming!?! This is truly a sad day for me.

?Well then, I guess you owe me a dance,? he said as he pulled Jaina onto the dance floor.

?That wasn?t very nice,? Jacen whispered into Tenel Ka?s ear. ?I think it deserves some penance for that trick. Care to dance?? he asked her.

She smiled in response and said, ?Yes, friend Jacen; I?d love to.?

Jacen smirked at his younger brother and gave him a thumbs-up for having the courage to dance with young Tahiri. For once, he noted, Tahiri actually seemed not to be talking. That?ll give me some ammo for later, he thought.

?So,? he said after he walked back after his dance with Jaina ended. ?Where?s my other date??

As Jaina started to giggle, Jacen quickly caught on and said to Janson, ?I think I know who your other hot chick is Wes,? as he slipped his arm around Tenel Ka.

?Ah,? he said shaking his head at the two girls who had played a trick on him. ?Well done girls. Now, I believe you owe me a dance,? he said as he took Tenel Ka?s hand. ?Hope you don?t mind Jace.?

Jacen stood next to his sister as they both looked around the dance floor. Great, my first dance and I?m stuck standing next to my sister he thought, which was followed by a punch from his sister.

?Aren?t they cute?? Jaina asked as she pointed to her aunt and uncle who were dancing rather close to each other.

?Yeah,? he replied, ?although I think that Anakin and Tahiri are coming in at a close second.?

?Well, since there?s no one else around?? Jacen started off, and with a sigh she finished, ?Yes, I?ll dance with you Jacen.?

As Jacen began to pull his siste

18. Summer_Fanfic_Awards

May 14, 2004
    BEST OC

Legacy by Tkeira Lea,(Rane Fel)
    Attention Moron by NarundiJedi, (Brodey)
    The Other Half of Me by J M Bulldog, (Kelly)
    A graying rose by The_Jedi_Ambyr-Rose , (Milo)
    Whats a girl to do by Rose Skywalker ,(Ryker)
    Caught in the rain by Trickster Jaina Fel,(Sanar)

Brodey Narundi in Attention Moron: Your Pal is Stealing Your Gal!

In the past few months of training, a silent war had been raging between them both. It was a battle of wits, and raging hormones, each of them playing the sexual wild card to gain the upper hand. Sometimes Brodey would cause Siri to let her guard down with a bout of flirting, and other times Siri would dress in a way that made him lose his head and forget his true purpose for being there.

Today was one of those days, and Brodey was paying more attention to what was visible with her scooped-neck top than he was to beating her in a duel. His grandfather, being the ever-observant onlooker, had a lot to say about Brodey?s lack of concentration.

?All that Kahl?aan needs to beat you is a couple of buxom beauties!? the old man snapped. ?If you ever become king I think you should put out a warning for unsuspecting interns!?

?I think everyone in the N?aanwarian Sector knows not to trust him after what he pulled at Academy,? Siri laughed in a surprisingly sing-song way. It became obvious to Brodey that she was enjoying herself, and his frustration increased.

?What you heard from others was all an exaggeration,? he grumbled. ?I wasn?t THAT bad.?

?Except that the police disagree, and they have the criminal record on you to prove it,? Siri retorted.

?Look, can we just fight each other without you running your mouth for once? I?d love to see how well you do without your greatest weapon,? Brodey said, getting in one last jab at her.

Before Siri could retaliate, his grandfather cut in. ?You don?t understand, do you? We?re preparing you for everything! The most important thing you need to learn is to make yourself impervious to personal attacks, insinuations, and anything else that might shake you. Right now you have the thinnest skin of anyone I know, and that doesn?t bode well for you if you plan to take back the throne from a known master in psychological manipulation.?

Brodey scowled, pacing the length of the room as he tried to let off steam. The old man was right, of course, and he hated it. He hated them both right now, and he couldn?t see how their insults were helping him learn anything about resisting the dark side. The dark side was flowing through him like water straining a dam to its breaking point.
    Rough, weathered hands grabbed him on either side of his head, forcing him to focus straight ahead at his grandfather?s icy eyes.

?You know enough to keep from losing it like this. I know you?re stronger than that. Breathe slowly and feel yourself relaxing.? Brodey did as he was told, slowly feeling his anger ebb. ?That?s it. It?s all simple meditation.?

?My hair?s turning grey here,? Siri complained as she levitated a pike from its brackets on the wall and twirled it about impressively.

?Just remember what I said,? R?aa?nlan said softly, pulling the other pike off the wall and handing it to his grandson. Brodey nodded, finally observing his cousin with a somewhat-clear head.

?Hey, pretty lady! Are you ready to get your arse whipped?? he taunted, gripping the pike by the end and brandishing it in front of him, the spear end directed at the spot right between her eyes.

?The only pretty lady in here is you with that long hair, and if that means I have to whip your arse then so be it!? Siri quipped, dropping into a crouch in preparation for his strike.

He whirled the staff around to throw her off balance with the butt end, but she anticipated his move with ease and was already there to block him. Clashing with her staff felt like he was trying to bust a hole through a duracrete wall. The impact made his hands vibrate and bur

19. Summer_Fanfic_Awards

May 14, 2004
    BEST NEW AUTHOR

VaderLVR64
    Jags_Scoundrel
    Trickster
    Abby
    The_Jedi_Ambyr-Rose
    Jedi of Destiny

VaderLVR64
    2/5/04

Luke and Mara vignette series

I Didn?t Mean to Do It

Wormie the Wonderboy

Han and Leia vignette series

The Old Master

All the Riches of My Father

So, we?re at Bespin and I offer Wormie the Wonderboy all the powers of the galaxy. And what does he do? He takes a freaking leap into oblivion! Can you believe it? I mean, talk about ungrateful! Okay, okay, I know the whole ?I am your father? thing was probably a bit of a shock. But give me a break! My ex never told me we had a kid together, so how come I get blamed that I wasn?t exactly the father of the year?

Abby
    January, 2004

A Twist of Fate

Kyp Durron and the Perogies of the Sith

From A Twist of Fate:

Jaina responded to his proclamation with a smirk and a spinning blow. ?You need to be taken down a notch. Your ego has reached dangerous proportions.?

Kyp snorted, and lunged. ?And you think you are the one to do it??

?I am the Goddess,? Jaina countered, parrying his strike and countering it with a wide sweep aimed at his middle.

Kyp flipped out of the way of the deadly blade and resumed his attack. ?Sounds like I?m not the only one with a Death Star of an ego,? he quipped.

Jags_Scoundrel
    Nov-03

Parallels ? Post NJO Han/Jag vignette

The Lady Wore Black ? Dark Journey AU J/J songfic

Love?s Gamble ? Post RotJ OC/OC entry to Valentine?s Day Love Letter Challenge ? ByTS third place winner

?Hi, Jag. Brushing up on your diplomatic skills?? he asked sarcastically, rubbing the sore spot on the back of his head.

Jag grinned to himself. He certainly didn?t have a reputation for being a jokester, but sometimes Han provided such an easy target, even he couldn?t resist. ?I am truly sorry. Please accept my humble apologies for my appalling behavior,? he said, affecting a stiff, formal bow.

Han rolled his eyes. ?Please. Turn it off, Your Diplomatness, I just ate.?

The_Jedi_Ambyr-Rose
    June 24, 2003

Fanfictions

The Next Generation Dualogy-COMPLETE [/link]

Leave the Light On

Intuition

A/T Fictions

A Graying Rose

Songfictions

~Tradewinds~

A Collection of Songfiction

Quote: ?Let?s enjoy this time of peace in the galaxy, blah blah blah, and the rest of that stuff you say in every speech you give to all those royal people on the non-Republic planets.? ? Han Solo, Leave The Light On

BEST AUTHOR

Trickster_Jaina_Fel
    JainaDurron
    Tahi
    Jedi 2B
    Lady Padme
    Saberblade
    Narundi Jedi

20. Summer_Fanfic_Awards

May 14, 2004
    Reserving this for future use...

21. Lt_Jaina_Solo

Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

May 27, 2002
    If we noticed missed mark-ups (as in mark-ups that were sent in properly, but weren't changed before posting- ex: [ b]), what should we do?

~LtJS @};-

22. Summer_Fanfic_Awards

May 14, 2004
    I actually have someone checking over them now. If you see something that still needs to be changed later tonight then please PM me.

23. PaddyJuan

PaddyJuan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    all exerpts sent. whew.

Lots and lots of work for the admins of this contest. Thanks so much for all your time and patience!

24. Summer_Fanfic_Awards

May 14, 2004

READ THIS ENTIRE POST BEFORE SENDING ME ANY QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS.

Well, I am very hesitant to do this but due to some suggestions made, I am posting the submissions from the voting thread a few days before posting it in its own thread. There are two reasons I am doing this. 1) To give a few extra days for people to look over the submissions and 2) So that the authors can correct major mistakes now instead of after the voting thread has been posted.

This is just the The Saga nominees. Beyond the Saga authors need to check out the post on 6/12 in green. Before the Saga authors need to check back here tomorrow for your submissions. I have received an impressive number of volunteers helping me with the organizing and coding but it still takes a ridiculous amount of time.

Do NOT send any votes in now. The voting stage has not begun; this is just a preview. Any votes sent in now will be ignored and will greatly irritate me.

If you do not see your submission then one of the following things probably happened;

1) You did not send your submission before 12pm, Sunday.

2) You did not send your submission to the correct screen name

3) You did not send your submission with the correct Message Subject. This is probably the most common error and could have been avoided by reading the directions post more carefully.

What to do if there is a Problem with Your Submission

You must follow these directions EXACTLY or your problem will not be corrected. If you think me mean, then consider: I have 300+ stories to organize; how many submissions do you have to work on?

1) If your story is not included and you sent it before 12 pm today, please re-read the directions posted in this thread on 6/2 in red print. Then send your story correctly.

2) If your post does not include mark-up coding, then you did not type in the coding according to the directions given you on 6/2. If you would like to add coding correctly, please re-read the directions, figure out what was wrong with the coding you sent, send a completely redone submission exactly according to the directions with the exception of the message title. Your subject line should read ?ADDITION: MC: Best Whatever? where ?Whatever? is the category your nomination is for.

3) If there is some other error in your story that desperately needs to be changed then please send another PM in the same format you already sent with the following additions: a) In the title type ?CHANGE: Best Whatever? where ?Whatever? is the category you are nominated for, b) In the body of the message, highlight/color the changes you made. If there is no highlighting/coloring, I will not change the submission.

4) If you have any questions please post them here (after I unlock the thread) or PM me.

Note that changes/additions are not my first priority right now. Getting the rest of the sagas voting threads is. Therefore, do not expect your changes/additions to be taken care of immediately. Just hope that I get them done before it is time to post the voting thread.

Sincerely,

The Evil Mean Unmerciful Strict Demanding Kettch

25. Summer_Fanfic_Awards

May 14, 2004
    BEST AU:

Dark Side of the Road
    Absolution by Gina
    Betrayal by dianethx
    Sleight of Hand by kayladie97
    Dark Legacy by tangled_sphere
    In the End by Obi_ew
    The Skywalker Prophecy: Paths of Fate by Darth_Lex
    Reminiscence by red_rose_knight
    The Angel of Alderaan by Tribun

Sleight of Hand

kayladie97

Devin felt a rage like none he had ever known building up inside him. There was no need to wonder anymore how the troopers had found them. Palpatine?s spy had been with them all along?or maybe they?d gotten to him later. It didn?t matter anymore. Nothing mattered now that she was gone. With a low growl of fury, he threw himself towards the one who had betrayed them all.

The sneer on Jonah?s face never changed and he didn?t even bother to try and move away from Devin?s charge. The fool had been so intent on him that he hadn?t noticed the two troopers, fully armed, standing off to the side. Devin never got within arm?s reach before laser blasts nearly ripped his body apart. There was a moment of stunned silence from the little girl as she watched her protector taken down, before she let loose with a scream of pure terror. Both of the troopers immediately turned their weapons toward her.

?No!? They paused as Jonah yelled. ?Set to stun. He wants her alive.?

When she awoke, she had no idea where she was. She whimpered as she looked around the cold room. It was stark black and felt cold in emotion as well as in temperature. She looked around for her blankie and whimpered again when she couldn?t find it. ?Momma!? she cried out desperately. ?Devin!?

A low, cackling laugh came from behind her and she turned, her little face frozen with fear. The man had been standing in the shadows at the other end of the room, but now he moved slowly forward. He was completely covered in a long black cloak, his face hidden beneath the cowl as he moved towards her. She wanted to run, but something seemed to be holding her in place. When he was within a meter of her, he stopped and she knew without being able to see his face, that he was watching her, studying her.

?Stand up.? She could tell it was a command. Something of her mother?s spirit came to her then and she set her jaw stubbornly, shaking her head in refusal. He raised his head and she could feel his anger as he glared at her. What small bit of courage that resistance had fostered, withered when she saw his eyes. They were a frightening yellowish color and they almost seemed alive with hatred. She scrambled to her feet.

?Ah, little one. You learn quickly.? Another chuckle that seemed to echo down her spine and made her shiver in fear.

He reached a hand out and put a finger under her chin, raising her head so that she looked him in the eyes. She flinched at the feel of that cold, gnarled hand on her skin.

?And so pretty. It is unfortunate that you are a girl. My original plan will have to be altered a bit.? She didn?t think he wanted any reply, so she watched him warily, remaining quiet.

?Quite strong in the Force, as well. That will suit my plans nicely. You will be?.? He paused, seeming to consider his options. ?An assassin. You will be like my own Hand, delivering my judgments and carrying out my sentences.?

He laughed outright this time and she couldn?t help the shudder that passed through her small body. She knew what the Force was. Momma had explained it to her, even while telling her that she must never use it. She hadn?t understood that at the time. But now she thought she did. This man had taken her, had killed Momma and Devin because of the Force. She didn?t understand how she knew this, but she felt it to be the truth.

?What is your name, little one??

That stubbornness raised its head again and she gave him her own little glare, refusing to answer as she dropped her gaze back to the floor. His hand took hold of her chin roughly and forced her to

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.