main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

2005 ChronoRadio "Wish List"

Discussion in 'Archive: Fan Audio' started by Nathan_P_Butler, Aug 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nathan_P_Butler

Nathan_P_Butler Author, Star Wars Tales #21 star 4 VIP

May 23, 2003
    I am now starting to work on creating a general schedule for ChronoRadio episodes to be released from Jan. - Dec. 2005. I tend to plan out ChronoRadio, at least lately, long in advance, so that I can do any necessary topic research, get guests lined up, and so forth.

So . . . I'm looking for listener input on what you'd like to see for the show in the 2005 broadcast year. I can't guarantee that I'll get everything in there, but I'll be working on it.

Here's some of what we're looking at so far:

Regular Episodes: 6
    Regular episodes would be released in February, April, June, August, October, and December. I'm looking for suggestions for two topics per show (so, 12 topics), what you'd like to hear reviewed (especially if it is something that is a general topic that I can do a review series on, like with Infinities and Republic this year), tutorials or behind the scenes featurettes, commentary topics, etc.

Serial Editions: 1 - 5
    These are the short prose stories that are produced as "enhanced audiobooks." I'm figuring on trying to have another Serial Edition Contest, which would give us one episode from whoever wins the contest, then *maybe* taking the short story that I wrote as a sequel to Prelude to Hope and altering it so that it can be a Serial Edition sequel to Nothing Changes. However, there is one MAJOR sticking point that might keep me from doing so, because a certain character's ending situation by the final moments of NC (and the PTH 2.0 outline it is based on) are somewhat different from that they were in the PTH 1.0 storyline that the short story was written to tie-in with.

Interview Editions: ??
    I'm looking right now into interviews with a few people, and I'll certainly plug in any authors that I can as I get time, but I'm also looking for suggestions of fan community people to interview. I'm really interested right now in trying to get Bob Vitas on the show, for instance.

Special Editions: ??
    At the moment, I'm not planning any Special Editions for 2005, unless one of the guys that is intending on making a transcript of "The Canon Question" does so, in which case I'd re-edit that script, then re-record that episode from scratch to account for the changes wrought by the new DVD editions of the films.

Supplemental Editions: ??
    Hey, who knows what they might cover, but the possible dates would be January, March, May, July, September, and/or November.

At the moment, here are a few topics I'm thinking about:
    - The SW Technical Commentaries
    - ConCarolinas 2005 (likely a supplemental edition like this year)
    - Revenge of the Sith (similar to CR #1's coverage of early AOTC expansion)
    - The End of SW Films (callback to CR #2, sort of)
    - Knights of the Old Republic vis a vis Tales of the Jedi and Galactic History
    - The Empire in relation to Nazi Germany
    - SW Actor/Actress careers post-SW (Can SW be a career-killer?)
    - SW Fan Websites
    - Old SW Tales vs. New SW Tales

And now . . . your suggestions?

2. LLL

LLL Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 16, 2000
    "Serial Editions: 1 - 5
    These are the short prose stories that are produced as "enhanced audiobooks." I'm figuring on trying to have another Serial Edition Contest, which would give us one episode from whoever wins the contest, then *maybe* taking the short story that I wrote as a sequel to Prelude to Hope and altering it so that it can be a Serial Edition sequel to Nothing Changes. However, there is one MAJOR sticking point that might keep me from doing so, because a certain character's ending situation by the final moments of NC (and the PTH 2.0 outline it is based on) are somewhat different from that they were in the PTH 1.0 storyline that the short story was written to tie-in with."

If this is an actual writing contest, do the folks on the fan fic boards know about this? I bet some of them would love to try for this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.