main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Awards 2007 Beyond the Saga Awards: **VOTING CLOSED**

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Beyond_Fanfic_Awards, Jul 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beyond_Fanfic_Awards

Beyond_Fanfic_Awards Beyond FanFic Awards Sock star 4 VIP - Game Host

Jun 8, 2005
    Quick reminder: Not everyone has their excerpts in and the deadline is quickly approaching. If you have a friend who hasn't done them, it might be a good time for a friendly reminder. :)

Z

2. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    I will be sending mine in tonight, but does "Sunday, midnight," mean that it's passed or I'm confused by a lack of clarification as to which midnight?

3. Maggy

Maggy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004

4. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    That still doesn't say which midnight. Is it the standard "11:59 P.M. on Sunday" or the moment that it went from Saturday to Sunday?

5. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    That means they're due tonight. Sunday night. Because at 12:01 it will be July 30th and the sock's signature clearly states that excerpts are due July 29th, which should clarify the date/time.

6. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Thanks, VaderLVR64, though technically, 12:00 is Monday morning. Hence my persistent confusion.

7. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Then you can look at the dates in the sock's signature. :p July 29th makes it easier.

And since you were sending in your excerpts tonight, it's all good anyway. :D

8. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I just wanted to make sure I wasn't an idiot...well, that I hadn't missed the deadline.

9. Zonoma

Zonoma Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2005
    Thank you Vadie and Maggy for helping Ish with her question.

Tonight is the last night to send in excerpts.

Thank you,
    Zonoma

10. Beyond_Fanfic_Awards

Jun 8, 2005
    Voting has begun! As soon as they can do it, the mods will sticky the excerpt thread to the top of Resource. Check it out, a lot of really good authors are represented in it this year.

Also, before I repost the Voting Rulzzzz, let me remind you that voting is the fun part. We don?t even need the links for this part! :eek:

Zonoma

[hr]

[hl=darkred][color=white][i][b]VOTING PROCESS:[/hl][/color][/b][/i]

1) Select which of the fics from the qualifying list you would like to vote for.

2) Send in your votes in ONE PM.

3) You may use the template above for your votes, but it is not necessary since we don't need the links to the stories at this point.

4) You will NOT receive a confirmation PM regarding your votes. If you do not receive a PM from the awards sock within 24 hours of your PM being read, then you did everything correctly.

[color=darkred][i][b]VOTING RULES:[/color][/b][/i]

1. You must register prior to voting, so that we ensure that you are not a sock. Registration will be open through the voting period.

2. No voting with a sock. Voting with a sock WILL result in a short-term ban and none of your votes will be allowed.

3. You may vote only once in each era, in one PM as stated earlier. If you send your votes in multiple PMs, they will not be counted. The only exceptions might be on a case-by-case basis, per information given to you by THIS SOCK only.

4. Voting is open from July 30 at 12:01 AM board time until August 9, 11:59 PM board time. Late votes will not be counted at all--[b]no exceptions[/b]. Early votes will be returned and you will be expected to send your vote in again under the correct timeline. No exceptions. See rule #7 if you will not be available during the voting period.

5. PM the [link=http://boards.theforce.net/ASP/user.asp?usr=Beyond_Fanfic_Awards] [color=darkred][b]Beyond the Saga Awards[/b][/color][/link] sock with your vote. Votes sent elsewhere will not be counted.

6. Only fics on the Qualifying List are eligible for votes. Votes for other fics will not be counted.

7. If you will not be available or internet-accessible during the voting time period, arrange with the host, [link=http://boards.theforce.net/ASP/user.asp?usr=1203337][color=darkred][b]Zonoma[/b][/color][/link], for absentee voting. This must be arranged ahead of time, before the nomination period ends. Those needing an absentee ballot will follow all of the voting rules.

8. You cannot vote for yourself. Votes for yourself will not be counted.

[hr][hr]

11. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Just sent in my votes! :D

Thanks to everyone here who helped with the awards process. Wonderful job! =D=

12. Beyond_Fanfic_Awards

Jun 8, 2005
    I'm campaigning for YOUR vote!

So send them in. :D

13. SithGirl132

SithGirl132 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 6, 2005
    My vote is on its way!

14. Beyond_Fanfic_Awards

Jun 8, 2005
    Get those votes in![face_batting]

15. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    My votes are in.

16. Beyond_Fanfic_Awards

Jun 8, 2005
    BUMP!

Stop monkeying around and get those votes in! August 9th is the last day.

Z

17. Zonoma

Jun 28, 2005
  18. bi0nic

bi0nic Jedi Master star 3

Feb 15, 2006
    LOL, that's a great pic, Z. Someone with photoshop skills should add the words 'Wants You' under it, it'd be perfect.

19. Beyond_Fanfic_Awards

Jun 8, 2005
  20. Jaya Solo

Jaya Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 1999
    Um... but those are Jedi from Saga...

;)

Yay! Goooooo Beyond! [face_dancing]

21. Zonoma

Jun 28, 2005
    [face_plain] They're also dead.

22. SithGirl132

SithGirl132 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 6, 2005
    What, you couldn't get the image of Anakin from ROTS? :D It needs Photoshopping, but it's cool. Great idea! My vote is in, btw.

23. Zonoma

Jun 28, 2005
    Well, if we are talking about dead people and killing Jedi off - Whiny!Anakin from AotC is probably at the top of my hit list. RotS!Anakin (also known in some dark circles of fandom as Hawt!Anakin) was at least yummy eye-candy.;)

24. Zonoma

Jun 28, 2005
  25. Beyond_Fanfic_Awards

Jun 8, 2005
    Don't forget to VOTE!

Z

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.